Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

34 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

your right  senior moment.

but wouldn't have been playing in the same area as Mitchell. Clare whom Morrison replaced was operating up the right hand side.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

4 hours ago, Haken said:

There was some question of whether Clare would make the team at all, yesterday, due to a hip injury.  Hopefully taking him off athalf time was just a precaution, given that the game was effectively won.

He arrived out the tunnel after the second half kicked off so had to walk round to the dugout, looked like he was limping a little.

He is getting better and better though, also adapting to Scottish football too

As well as being a great player, I think he’s a top top lad as well.  Head well and truly screwed on which is half the battle.

Was great to see him taking some time out with the fans in the Gorgie when he was walking past at the start of the 2nd half.  Genuinely looks like a player who loves being here.

11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

As well as being a great player, I think he’s a top top lad as well.  Head well and truly screwed on which is half the battle.

Was great to see him taking some time out with the fans in the Gorgie when he was walking past at the start of the 2nd half.  Genuinely looks like a player who loves being here.

100%. Think he really appreciated the applause, selfies, etc - should boost his confidence massively

5 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

I wouldn't be surprised if another club comes in for him in the summer.

We got him for a steal.

I think he could make us more money than Souttar.

56 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

I think he could make us more money than Souttar.

Steady lad

Bazzas right boot

So Clare is going to make us millions and Morrison is shite. 

Is that where we are at with Clare now?

?

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Steady lad

Taking into account attacking midfielders commanding a premium over defenders, the (alleged) interest that Clare had prior to joining us and that I think we’re only just seeing now what he may be capable of, I don’t that that’s too crazy a shout.

That said, If both go for several million after lifting the Scottish Cup this year, I’ll be relaxed as to who we sell for more.

13 hours ago, Shrekeo said:

Taking into account attacking midfielders commanding a premium over defenders, the (alleged) interest that Clare had prior to joining us and that I think we’re only just seeing now what he may be capable of, I don’t that that’s too crazy a shout.

That said, If both go for several million after lifting the Scottish Cup this year, I’ll be relaxed as to who we sell for more.

Clare has miles to go to prove he has the quality of Soapy IMO

14 hours ago, Shrekeo said:

He also has the 'advantage' of being English, that itself will add a %.

Already fairly 'known' down south too.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Clare has miles to go to prove he has the quality of Soapy IMO

What an odd comparison. 

29 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What an odd comparison. 

I didn’t make the comparison Phil

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I didn’t make the comparison Phil

You made the comparison about ability. You can’t compare the ability of a centre half and an attacking midfielder. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You made the comparison about ability. You can’t compare the ability of a centre half and an attacking midfielder. 

The post I responded to was relative to the sell on value of Clare and Soutar

Edited by Thomaso

21 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

So Clare is going to make us millions and Morrison is shite. 

Is that where we are at with Clare now?

?

To be perfectly honest I don't think either of them are much cope. I hope I am wrong but I just don;t see it.

Clare has shown a couple of instances of nice touches when running at players and has scored two very good goals but he needs to be much more prominent in games than he is. Ok I know folk are saying he is still young and adapting to the game up here but the jury is still out for me.

Morrison despite claims on here about him having pace seldon goes beyond a defender and puts in a decent cross. He does it on occassions but not nearly enough.

Now that might be party the way we play and personally I would rather see the ball played in behind defenders for his to run onto but that rearely happens which in my opinion doesn't help him. Again he is still a young player but is he better than say Billy King was and look where is is now?

I know they have only really played a relatively small number of games but when you look at players such as Hastie and Turnbul at Motherwell I think they look better prospects than Clare and Morrison at the moment.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

To be perfectly honest I don't think either of them are much cope. I hope I am wrong but I just don;t see it.

Clare has shown a couple of instances of nice touches when running at players and has scored two very good goals but he needs to be much more prominent in games than he is. Ok I know folk are saying he is still young and adapting to the game up here but the jury is still out for me.

Morrison despite claims on here about him having pace seldon goes beyond a defender and puts in a decent cross. He does it on occassions but not nearly enough.

Now that might be party the way we play and personally I would rather see the ball played in behind defenders for his to run onto but that rearely happens which in my opinion doesn't help him. Again he is still a young player but is he better than say Billy King was and look where is is now?

I know they have only really played a relatively small number of games but when you look at players such as Hastie and Turnbul at Motherwell I think they look better prospects than Clare and Morrison at the moment.

Both are shite, then. 

Good, need to know where we are. 

?

I guess it's a consequence of the internet, but I don't see the point of all this over-analysis of players' abilities on a match-by-match basis, especially players new to the club and especially, especially young players breaking through. 

The question should be "Are they doing a good job for us and could they in future?" and both Morrison and Clare have been in recent weeks. Instead folk seem to be constantly saying "Can we do better?" or "Are they good enough for Hearts?"

Thinking back to the pre-Internet days, I can see players like Wayne Foster, Neil Berry and Kenny Black being written off or talked down before they really got going if they played for us today. On paper they were quite limited players who never threatened national teams or were players we would ever make money from but they were very good, important players for us. Jim Hamilton springs to mind as well. Nothing special but did a job. Not every player is going to be a standout like Naismith, Berra and Souttar because we cannot afford that level of player in every position. We're always going to have a sprinkling of honest but limited pros and younger prospects who, by definition, will be inconsistent.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I guess it's a consequence of the internet, but I don't see the point of all this over-analysis of players' abilities on a match-by-match basis, especially players new to the club and especially, especially young players breaking through. 

The question should be "Are they doing a good job for us and could they in future?" and both Morrison and Clare have been in recent weeks. Instead folk seem to be constantly saying "Can we do better?" or "Are they good enough for Hearts?"

Thinking back to the pre-Internet days, I can see players like Wayne Foster, Neil Berry and Kenny Black being written off or talked down before they really got going if they played for us today. On paper they were quite limited players who never threatened national teams or were players we would ever make money from but they were very good, important players for us. Jim Hamilton springs to mind as well. Nothing special but did a job. Not every player is going to be a standout like Naismith, Berra and Souttar because we cannot afford that level of player in every position. We're always going to have a sprinkling of honest but limited pros and younger prospects who, by definition, will be inconsistent.

Nah, that just reeks off loser mentality and lack of ambition. 

We should be dripping in trophies and challenging at the top end of the league, every year. 

We need top players in every position and should be able to handle injuries to key players. 

True story. 

3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah, that just reeks off loser mentality and lack of ambition. 

We should be dripping in trophies and challenging at the top end of the league, every year. 

We need top players in every position and should be able to handle injuries to key players. 

True story. 

Been there, did that, went bust.

On 11/02/2019 at 11:41, grumpy rebus said:

That run was superb, and he made it look effortless. He’s already a good player and will keep improving. 

A rich mans Suso Santana 

• 2 weeks later...
tartofmidlothian

He did well today against St Mirren. The kind of player who needs the rest of the team pulling their weight around him, but he was busy and kept trying to create.

tartofmidlothian

Get a quality team around him firing on all cylinders and I think Clare will add something extra special. He's not the guy to make things happen when everyone around him isn't at the races though, he's no Cameron, Hartley or Naismith.

He's got the heart of a mouse and the football brain of Chick Young. I've been patient with him, but unless there is a massive change in attitude and a willingness to handle the physical side of the game, he will not succeed in Scottish football. 

6 minutes ago, jamboj said:

He's got the heart of a mouse and the football brain of Chick Young. I've been patient with him, but unless there is a massive change in attitude and a willingness to handle the physical side of the game, he will not succeed in Scottish football. 

Behave...... clearly not watching the guy play..... get a grip.

1 minute ago, PB21 said:

Behave...... clearly not watching the guy play..... get a grip.

Right back at you.

He gets bullied every single week. No fight, no desire. 

A shame about the OG, especially if it came off the back of his head and he knew little about it

Some really tidy play today. Taking players on, tapping it down the wing and dribbling into the box. He was great to watch, shame the rest of the team's play was so poor at times.

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

He’s not made for the Scottish game or this team under the current manager.

Is that cause he can play football? Let’s just get a bunch of ball hoofers in like St Mirren will we.

9 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Right back at you.

He gets bullied every single week. No fight, no desire. 

What game do you actually watch? You could not be more off the mark. 

Clare had some very decent moments during the game and was far and away our most inventive attacker. Every week we see something new and different which is very encouraging. Can't believe some on here dig around to find some sort of fault and completely overlook the very (and entertaining) positive things he brings to the team.

VagabondJambo
11 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Clare had some very decent moments during the game and was far and away our most inventive attacker. Every week we see something new and different which is very encouraging. Can't believe some on here dig around to find some sort of fault and completely overlook the very (and entertaining) positive things he brings to the team.

Completely agree!  Even after his og, his head didn't go down.

We need to get the ball to him quicker. In fact we need to get the ball to everyone quicker. Too lethargic and as mentioned on other post no urgency about the team!

Going to be a cracking player for us. Needs to impose himself throughout the full 90 though. Very unfortunate with the own goal. 

Have not seen a replay yet but looks like the ball landed in the 6 yard box, shouldn’t the goalie be claiming that? May be clutching at straws though. 

59 minutes ago, jamboj said:

You are bloody mental.

I’d imagine down in England he would look outstanding in amongst good players. 

unfortunately  for him he’s in Scotland playing in an utterly awful side.  

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, jamboj said:

Spot on. I don't rate him and can't see him lasting long here

16 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Going to be a cracking player for us. Needs to impose himself throughout the full 90 though. Very unfortunate with the own goal. 

Have not seen a replay yet but looks like the ball landed in the 6 yard box, shouldn’t the goalie be claiming that? May be clutching at straws though. 

Multiple straws. 

siegementality
46 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Is that cause he can play football? Let’s just get a bunch of ball hoofers in like St Mirren will we.

It’s just fact. Scottish football needs a certain type of player. 

Our down turn coincides with him being shoehorned into the team no matter how he plays. Showing the odd glimpse of class doesn't excuse the 85 minutes of nothing.