Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

13 hours ago, cheetah said:

I think i said he was pretty poor and ineffective, now that he has been playing better i now think he is Ok and  a wee bit effective.

Good to see him coming on to a game, I am sure everyone is happy about that, he is still no world beater though so lets not get carried away.

His “coming good” certainly stalled tonight I am afraid. ?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He was nowhere near the worst tonight. Nowhere near.

Hardly a glowing endorsement!

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Whilst I can’t fault his effort, I feel that he upsets the balance of the team.

earlier in the season we played some great football (pre injuries to Naismith, Uche and Souter), however, I think that Clare is playing in the no 10 role that Naismith plays best.

I’d play Uche or Vanecek up on Sunday with Naismith in behind and drop Clare 

I agree. 

Naismith must be the number ten and link. 

6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I agree. 

Naismith must be the number ten and link. 

This - Playing Naismith as a lone striker just is a waste of his talent!

rudi must stay

As I said about Lee he was indecisive in the final third, but I don't blame him there. You have to give attacking players freedom, it is as simple as that

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, TurboT said:

Whilst I can’t fault his effort, I feel that he upsets the balance of the team.

earlier in the season we played some great football (pre injuries to Naismith, Uche and Souter), however, I think that Clare is playing in the no 10 role that Naismith plays best.

I’d play Uche or Vanecek up on Sunday with Naismith in behind and drop Clare 

Have to agree with this 

8 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Please check the facts before posting. I have never or would never check anyones profile or even be the slightest bit interersted in what they said previously. That is the realm of Internet Trolls.

That behaviour is for the folk that have nothing more important in their life,  than posting to random people about their opinion being more important than someone elses.

You’re still upset then. 

Good. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think people have missed something rather obvious,  Clare has been our main  goal threat for weeks, scoring and helping to create. Last night he was negated, we had none.

His supply chain (to him) was quite frankly awful last night, we never got him into an area where he can make the quick movements at all.

This guy has yet to convince me.

I really hope he suddenly explodes into life but I'm just not seeing it just now

Yes, he scored a couple of tidy goals recently but he needs to show much much more than what he is doing over 90 mins.

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

It was glaringly obvious we looked far poorer and less imaginative when he came off for Morrison.

This. One of the few Hearts players who looks for the ball rather than pointing at someone else

17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

This guy has yet to convince me.

I really hope he suddenly explodes into life but I'm just not seeing it just now

Yes, he scored a couple of tidy goals recently but he needs to show much much more than what he is doing over 90 mins.

Unlike Morrison who plays like the Ouzel bird.  

I like Clare.

Thought he was excellent today. Always looking to keep the play flowing and pushing forward. Created some good openings and always looked to get involved. Miles more creative than Morrison, who I like but is still lacking a good final ball. Thought Claire should have stayed on at McLean's expense.

Clare was an injury doubt before the game. He was limping a little bit as he walked round the pitch after half time. Game was done by then so best not to take risk

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, bazman said:

Clare was an injury doubt before the game. He was limping a little bit as he walked round the pitch after half time. Game was done by then so best not to take risk

wondered if he had a knock, as he had been fine in the first half.

The more I see him playing, the more I think he when full of confidence he will can really dribble through the oppositon and be a deadly threat from that.

tartofmidlothian
19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

wondered if he had a knock, as he had been fine in the first half.

The more I see him playing, the more I think he when full of confidence he will can really dribble through the oppositon and be a deadly threat from that.

Spot on, I reckon he's a guy who will come to life with an excellent team around him. Like the one we had the first few games of the season. Maybe not the guy to carry the team on a bad day like Naismith can, though.

2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

It was glaringly obvious we looked far poorer and less imaginative when he came off for Morrison.

It was indeed. However some posters must have been blinded by the glare and failed to appreciate his first half contribution. 

I sat next to an English guy who makes a habit of visiting all the Scottish grounds on a rotational basis. He identified Clare as our best player first half and Demi second half without knowing who they were. I agreed. Naismith and MacLean were our poorest players today.

Interesting to read this thread and discover that we still have some geniuses here who don’t rate Clare.

No pleasing some people.

11 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Spot on, I reckon he's a guy who will come to life with an excellent team around him. Like the one we had the first few games of the season. Maybe not the guy to carry the team on a bad day like Naismith can, though.

Think you may be right

I think having uche up top will bring clare on, he can now float around into space with uche having 2 men on him.   Clare and naismith behind uche may become the front 3.

34 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Clare was very good yesterday and is improving all the time. 

I genuinely do not understand how anyone who purports to understand the game cannot see this. 

Some people made their mind up months ago and are completely unwilling/unable to change that mentality. 

It’s a shame but I’m sure Sean will survive. 

scott herbertson
16 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Some people made their mind up months ago and are completely unwilling/unable to change that mentality. 

It’s a shame but I’m sure Sean will survive. 

I made my mind up months ago but the last few games have proved me wrong. He looks better every game and I thought he was very sharp first half yesterday

8 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

He’s a player alright 

might be next season til he’s at his best 

As he’s 22 it will most likely be a couple of seasons before he’s at his best. The age of these type of development signings seems to be a point completely overlooked on a continuous basis on here.

alwaysthereinspirit

Clare made a run yesterday in the game that was along the same lines as the video we all watched when he first signed. Running at players and using his turn of speed to go by them. That's what we need more of. Hopefully more to come as he gets his confidence back. Onward and upward.

12 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Clare made a run yesterday in the game that was along the same lines as the video we all watched when he first signed. Running at players and using his turn of speed to go by them. That's what we need more of. Hopefully more to come as he gets his confidence back. Onward and upward.

That run was superb, and he made it look effortless. He’s already a good player and will keep improving. 

Played very well first half yesterday. Along with an overall drop in effort, his replacement by Morrison was a big factor in our poorer performance in the second half. He was providing energy, pace and directness from a more central midfield role. This was also creating space, allowing Smith to get up the right wing. The second half we lacked that pace in central midfield. Morrison on the right wing both blocked Smith from getting forward and was easier for Talbot to deal with as his starting position was more static.

There was some question of whether Clare would make the team at all, yesterday, due to a hip injury.  Hopefully taking him off athalf time was just a precaution, given that the game was effectively won.

It's no surprise that his improvement has coincided with Naismith's return to the team.  But the glimpses that we were seeing are starting to become more than glimpses, and happen more regulalrly during a game.  I thought we were a bit flatter in the second half without him.  

He's still settling in and still getting used to his team mates.  I think he could become a very valuable player for us.

16 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Clare is a million times better than Morrison. 

Just dont get the hype with Morrison at all,  he's fast and that's about it. His final ball, his  crossing and his continuation to  cut back on himself is so frustrating to watch 

3 minutes ago, Haken said:

There was some question of whether Clare would make the team at all, yesterday, due to a hip injury.  Hopefully taking him off athalf time was just a precaution, given that the game was effectively won.

It's no surprise that his improvement has coincided with Naismith's return to the team.  But the glimpses that we were seeing are starting to become more than glimpses, and happen more regulalrly during a game.  I thought we were a bit flatter in the second half without him.  

He's still settling in and still getting used to his team mates.  I think he could become a very valuable player for us.

I'll admit i was one of them that thought he was useless but I'm finally starting to see there might well be a player in there....imperative we use him in a system that  lets him flourish,  unfortunately i think thats the number 10 role and Naismith plays it so well

25 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Just dont get the hype with Morrison at all,  he's fast and that's about it. His final ball, his  crossing and his continuation to  cut back on himself is so frustrating to watch 

Morrison isn't very good.

I don't like putting our players down, but he hasn't shown much to keep playing.

He is still young though, so a lot to learn yet.

27 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

It can’t ever just be that Clare is a good player, and Morrison is a good player, with both having different strengths and weaknesses can it? Same old story on this forum. A player is either shite or fantastic, and as one player starts to be appreciated, another has to have the shitty-stick aimed at him instead. It’s quite incredible. ?

The Old Tolbooth

Clare is definitely showing the promise and hype we all expected from the word go now, he's only 22 and it's easy to forget that as he looks a lot older. 

I think confidence has held him back, partly the new environment that allows less time on the ball and partly through being used through necessity before 100% fit. A big part of using pace is being confident enough to go full out. He also has better players around him now. He is getting there, winning the fans over in the process and looks now to be enjoying his football more.  Hopefully he can make an impact on the road now ( along with the rest of the team ) in Glasgow and Aberdeen, that is the real test, not forgetting the cup. It may though be next season before he realises his full potential. Keep supporting the boy.

30 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

The way Morrison always checks his run and cuts back onto his weaker foot before crossing the ball( probably 90% of the time) can be quite frustrating. It seems to me to be his favoured move.

Maybe trying him on the left side would allow him to cut back on to his stronger foot to cross the ball, or drive inside onto his stronger foot for a strike or a cheeky wee one two. This would also create alot of space for Demi or Ben(depending on who is playing) to go down the outside and give him another option.

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It can’t ever just be that Clare is a good player, and Morrison is a good player, with both having different strengths and weaknesses can it? Same old story on this forum. A player is either shite or fantastic, and as one player starts to be appreciated, another has to have the shitty-stick aimed at him instead. It’s quite incredible. ?

Morrison is a good player hence why he plays football for a living duh   He's fast but he's a helluva lot to work on if he's gonna have an end product which will earn him a move higher or make him an ever present at Hearts 

1 hour ago, jambo3tevie said:

The way Morrison always checks his run and cuts back onto his weaker foot before crossing the ball( probably 90% of the time) can be quite frustrating. It seems to me to be his favoured move.

Maybe trying him on the left side would allow him to cut back on to his stronger foot to cross the ball, or drive inside onto his stronger foot for a strike or a cheeky wee one two. This would also create alot of space for Demi or Ben(depending on who is playing) to go down the outside and give him another option.

100% agreed

You'd think one of our 14 coaches would have picked up on this and at least tell him to run across your man that way the guy thats marking you will collide with him and we'll get a foul 

Its basic stuff 

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Morrison isn't very good.

I don't like putting our players down, but he hasn't shown much to keep playing.

He is still young though, so a lot to learn yet.

His problem yesterday is confusion ie he doesn't know what to do,and to think he got on at the  of Mulrooney

11 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

His problem yesterday is confusion ie he doesn't know what to do,and to think he got on at the  of Mulrooney

I know.  Would have been much better having  mulraney playing in the same space as Mitchell while having nobody on the right??