Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

11 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Lets stick to the facts - theres a good idea. I said Michael Smith deserved a new deal, but I would have preferred a better player than him.

The Jury is hardly back screaming and shouting that in Clare we have found the new Rudi Skacel. Two very good goals does not make up for being anonymous game after game.

Opinions are one thing, but you seem to take an unhealthy pleasure in arguing with fellow fans. The epitome of the Keyboard Warrior, I bet you dont wander into the Tynecastle Arms or the Merchie and act like that. 

Why Troll through 5 other quotes? What exactly do you get out of it? As I said previously you must have a very sad existence.

Still not able to admit you were wrong then? Sound.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

24 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Lets stick to the facts - theres a good idea. I said Michael Smith deserved a new deal, but I would have preferred a better player than him.

On 27/11/2018 at 16:05, gowestjambo said:

Strange to see all the support for him. 

On 27/11/2018 at 23:27, gowestjambo said:

If Michael Smith is the standard of player Hears supporters aspire to, it is a reflection of their ambitions for the team.

On 28/11/2018 at 18:31, gowestjambo said:

Me wanting a better Full Back than Michael Smith ? - You are damn right I do. And that says it all about me. You can keep your mediocrity. 

On 29/11/2018 at 12:39, gowestjambo said:

I suggested Michael Smith represented mediocrity.

Except you didn't, you said he represented mediocrity.

I await you responding with more "stop trolling me, wahhhhh!" drivel.

9 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Why though? Clare isn’t Osh, Martin or Amankwaa. He wouldn’t be judged on how well those players did for us. He should be judged on his own ability and performances. Clare came here whilst returning from a serious injury, from a different league and country. His early displays were those of a guy trying to regain his confidence, match sharpness and fitness, whilst adjusting to a new league and team mates. He showed flashes, and that is what some people recognised, and what prompted them to say that they ‘see a player in there’ or similar. Now, those flashes are increasing in to being his general play, and it’s obvious that the rest was indeed just rustiness.

I think because the signings I mentioned were regarded as special - Amankwaa seemed to fit in with the ethos of talented players whose career hadn't quite taken off in the way it should have and it has seemed like every time we've tried to follow this strategy its blown up spectacularly - Martin on a 3 year deal and he won't take the hint. 

You are totally correct in what you are saying - that players are individuals and should be judged as such. Sadly, I don't think people work like that and to many we were seeing another player come through that didn't have it when it counts. Thankfully, as you say the various factors which were leaving us underwhelmed are becoming less of an issue and he's really starting to kick on. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I think because the signings I mentioned were regarded as special - Amankwaa seemed to fit in with the ethos of talented players whose career hadn't quite taken off in the way it should have and it has seemed like every time we've tried to follow this strategy its blown up spectacularly - Martin on a 3 year deal and he won't take the hint. 

You are totally correct in what you are saying - that players are individuals and should be judged as such. Sadly, I don't think people work like that and to many we were seeing another player come through that didn't have it when it counts. Thankfully, as you say the various factors which were leaving us underwhelmed are becoming less of an issue and he's really starting to kick on. 

Yeah, that’s fair enough. ?

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Agreed that grouping Clare, Osh, Martin and Amankwaa together, as some people seem to want to do with any signings who don't hit the ground running, makes no sense. Oshaniwa had played at a high level but seemed to believe his own hype, which you can't really predict. Amankwaa was a cheap prospect with some experience who had a trait - speed (supposedly) - that we really needed. Clare was obviously a youngster with some very obvious good traits who we bought to develop.

It's Martin for me who stands out as probably our most baffling signing since admin. Romanov-esque in fact in terms of the contract length.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Agreed that grouping Clare, Osh, Martin and Amankwaa together, as some people seem to want to do with any signings who don't hit the ground running, makes no sense. Oshaniwa had played at a high level but seemed to believe his own hype, which you can't really predict. Amankwaa was a cheap prospect with some experience who had a trait - speed (supposedly) - that we really needed. Clare was obviously a youngster with some very obvious good traits who we bought to develop.

It's Martin for me who stands out as probably our most baffling signing since admin. Romanov-esque in fact in terms of the contract length.

Apparently Cathro wanted to build the team around Martin

:rofl:

19 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Christ, Cathro was like a guy believing he can play Voodoo Child or something after two guitar lessons. He was handed a great opportunity at Hearts and just had to take a bit of time to learn the ropes instead of trying to impose some mystical footballing ethos on the players that only he understood.

5 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

The Jury is hardly back screaming and shouting that in Clare we have found the new Rudi Skacel. Two very good goals does not make up for being anonymous game after game.

Opinions are one thing, but you seem to take an unhealthy pleasure in arguing with fellow fans. The epitome of the Keyboard Warrior, I bet you dont wander into the Tynecastle Arms or the Merchie and act like that. 

Why Troll through 5 other quotes? What exactly do you get out of it? As I said previously you must have a very sad existence.

You are the one who spends a lot of time on here slagging off Hearts players which I find pretty sad.  Mind you I am one of the smug ones who said from day one he was a player

23 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Except you didn't, you said he represented mediocrity.

I await you responding with more "stop trolling me, wahhhhh!" drivel.

You are a Troll, and a crushing bore. Only a Saddo goes back months into last year to find previous posts. You obviously have very little else to do with your time.

As I expressed before what do expect to get out of it? Some acclaimation from the Troll society?

Whatever your motive is using this forum - I see you dont even pay a penny to contribute to it.  Brilliant - Trolled by a Freeloader.......

19 hours ago, RobNox said:

Only because Martin became a wonderkid on his 2004 Footie Manager save. 

Skippy Doodle
34 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

You are a Troll, and a crushing bore. Only a Saddo goes back months into last year to find previous posts. You obviously have very little else to do with your time.

As I expressed before what do expect to get out of it? Some acclaimation from the Troll society?

Whatever your motive is using this forum - I see you dont even pay a penny to contribute to it.  Brilliant - Trolled by a Freeloader.......

I’m not backing either corner here but the irony of you checking his profile for contributions at the same time as pulling him up for his thorough searches to bring you to task is hopefully not lost on you mate ?

5 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

I’m not backing either corner here but the irony of you checking his profile for contributions at the same time as pulling him up for his thorough searches to bring you to task is hopefully not lost on you mate ?

You do realise it shows on every post you make whether you are a subscriber or not hence you being  another  "registered user"

Skippy Doodle
6 minutes ago, brownkg said:

You do realise it shows on every post you make whether you are a subscriber or not hence you being  another  "registered user"

Haha no mate but consider myself educated on it now ??

On 04/02/2019 at 02:48, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Folk utterly unable to cope with Clare coming good after slinging endless shite at him. Tough times for some right now. 

Tough times my erse!! I among others had every right to comment on his very poor performances in his first dozen games.

As a Hearts fan I am delighted that he now seems to be “coming good” based on him scoring two excellent goals.

As one who was underwhelmed earlier it has been good to see his progress although he will have to maintain it to see off the challenge of the squad getting back to full strength. I wonder if the current Vanecek situation of overhyping leading to too great an early expectation rings a bell and thus come of Craigs current statements?

In amongst the vitriol and self proclaimed smugness one has to remember we are all Hearts fans all be it with differing opinions.

My big climb down would have been when Cathro led us to the league and cup double..a narrow escape for my credibility?

1 hour ago, deejtee said:

As one who was underwhelmed earlier it has been good to see his progress although he will have to maintain it to see off the challenge of the squad getting back to full strength. I wonder if the current Vanecek situation of overhyping leading to too great an early expectation rings a bell and thus come of Craigs current statements?

In amongst the vitriol and self proclaimed smugness one has to remember we are all Hearts fans all be it with differing opinions.

My big climb down would have been when Cathro led us to the league and cup double..a narrow escape for my credibility?

Nice post. ?

On 04/02/2019 at 02:48, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Folk utterly unable to cope with Clare coming good after slinging endless shite at him. Tough times for some right now. 

There's a boy the row behind me that has an aneurysm every time Clare touches the ball. Looking forward to asking him tomorrow if he enjoyed goal at Killie. 

10 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

I had typed up a strongly worded reply to this post but have deleted it because I can't be arsed getting into a big discussion about it.

See this bit in bold though? Toyally irrelevant and uncalled for.

I think i said he was pretty poor and ineffective, now that he has been playing better i now think he is Ok and  a wee bit effective.

Good to see him coming on to a game, I am sure everyone is happy about that, he is still no world beater though so lets not get carried away.

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, cheetah said:

he is still no world beater though 

Who in the current Hearts team is a world beater?

3 hours ago, cheetah said:

I think i said he was pretty poor and ineffective, now that he has been playing better i now think he is Ok and  a wee bit effective.

Good to see him coming on to a game, I am sure everyone is happy about that, he is still no world beater though so lets not get carried away.

Absolutely no-one is claiming he’s a world beater. Folk have been, however, claiming that he’s shite. That he’s got no heart. That he’s a complete passenger. And so on. 

And while one or two have held their hands up and said he’s proving them wrong, there’s been a deafening silence from those who were falling over themselves to tell us how shite he was now he’s starting to become an important influence. 

Apart from one, who’s thrown a complete wobbler and is probably needing a good lie down. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Absolutely no-one is claiming he’s a world beater. Folk have been, however, claiming that he’s shite. That he’s got no heart. That he’s a complete passenger. And so on. 

And while one or two have held their hands up and said he’s proving them wrong, there’s been a deafening silence from those who were falling over themselves to tell us how shite he was now he’s starting to become an important influence. 

Apart from one, who’s thrown a complete wobbler and is probably needing a good shag

FTFY

It must just be convenient for him to be singled out because there's a thread always floating in the first two pages but of all people, not the first one that should be criticised tonight 

Clare was poor tonight but at least he showed for the ball tonight and didn’t hide unlike mulraney who should be out the team for a while total imposter.

30 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

It must just be convenient for him to be singled out because there's a thread always floating in the first two pages but of all people, not the first one that should be criticised tonight 

Exactly this, a bit unlucky that this thread is still sitting on the front page on account of his good game on Friday.

1 minute ago, feedthefox said:

Exactly this, a bit unlucky that this thread is still sitting on the front page on account of his good game on Friday.

It changes by the game. Me, personally, I was very very critical of him early on. I realised I needed to chill out a bit and tbh I see him in a much better light these days. Now I don't think he or really anyone else was great tonight but to be the first player singled out is just laughable 

6 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

It changes by the game. Me, personally, I was very very critical of him early on. I realised I needed to chill out a bit and tbh I see him in a much better light these days. Now I don't think he or really anyone else was great tonight but to be the first player singled out is just laughable 

This. He's improving , which is more than you can say for a few of his team mates. 

13 minutes ago, damo said:

Was like playing with a man short. Too powderpuff and doesn’t seem to get involved. Cracking goal on Friday to be fair. 

Replace “on Friday” with “in the derby” and you’ve summed up most of Olly Lee’s season, particularly tonight. Your appraisal of Clare is ludicrously wrong on various levels.

20 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Olly Lee worse yet again. Where is his thread?

I am not a fan of Clare but totally agree. Thought Lee was our worst midfield player yet again. He has been absolutely brutal for months now (apart from Derby wonder strike).

tartofmidlothian
33 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Was a bit of a passenger tonight, but not necessarily the worst. He’s a luxury player. Should have come off when Uche came on.

Exactly this. He has much to offer, but he isn't the guy you want in the trenches when things have turned to shit. He isn't Uche.

Anyone else watching Mickey Cameron and Ian Black at half time and thinking Clare would thrive in front of them instead of Lee and Bozanic?

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Exactly this. He has much to offer, but he isn't the guy you want in the trenches when things have turned to shit. He isn't Uche.

Anyone else watching Mickey Cameron and Ian Black at half time and thinking Clare would thrive in front of them instead of Lee and Bozanic?

I certainly wasn’t watching Cameron thinking we’ve found the new one! 

Whilst I can’t fault his effort, I feel that he upsets the balance of the team.

earlier in the season we played some great football (pre injuries to Naismith, Uche and Souter), however, I think that Clare is playing in the no 10 role that Naismith plays best.

I’d play Uche or Vanecek up on Sunday with Naismith in behind and drop Clare 

1 minute ago, TurboT said:

Whilst I can’t fault his effort, I feel that he upsets the balance of the team.

earlier in the season we played some great football (pre injuries to Naismith, Uche and Souter), however, I think that Clare is playing in the no 10 role that Naismith plays best.

I’d play Uche or Vanecek up on Sunday with Naismith in behind and drop Clare 

I agree with this.

On 05/02/2019 at 16:50, Skippy Doodle said:

I’m not backing either corner here but the irony of you checking his profile for contributions at the same time as pulling him up for his thorough searches to bring you to task is hopefully not lost on you mate ?

Please check the facts before posting. I have never or would never check anyones profile or even be the slightest bit interersted in what they said previously. That is the realm of Internet Trolls.

That behaviour is for the folk that have nothing more important in their life,  than posting to random people about their opinion being more important than someone elses.