Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

7 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Odd how those who were so vociferously telling us he was shite haven't got much to say on the subject these days.

He was shite.

However I hold my hands up. I was wrong. He is becoming a good player for us. As many people did point out a few weeks back that he would come good.

He maybe the type of player that doesn't do much but is a match winner and can get a goal from nothing. 

Well done Sean Clare and I am delighted u are proving me and others wrong.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

15 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

He was shite.

However I hold my hands up. I was wrong. He is becoming a good player for us. As many people did point out a few weeks back that he would come good.

He maybe the type of player that doesn't do much but is a match winner and can get a goal from nothing. 

Well done Sean Clare and I am delighted u are proving me and others wrong.

Levein hit the nail on the head a couple of weeks ago when he called him a difference maker.

He might not be the guy at the hub of it all, making the whole team tick, but he is the type that can turn one point into three in a stuffy game where no one else is able to make a breakthrough.

Very exciting times ahead!

I’m hopeful Clare can be our Tom Rogic. Looking around our competitors for similar players he seems to be the nearest potential match. Tall, direct attacking midfielder, a decent dribbler with an eye for goal.

Nucky Thompson

If you come with a big reputation given to you by expert football people then you must have something about you.

That's why I had no problem giving the lad time to settle.

Most of the clowns who give him abuse are clueless

****ing odd people on this site.

For what it’s worth I understand the Rogic comparison and I am not a Celtic fan.

Are Hearts fans only supposed to know how our own players are. We can’t form an opinion on a player with another team?

Edited by Jammy T

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

FFS I’m just saying Clare seems closest in style and physical attributes to Rogic than any other attacking mid in scotland and could aspire to be as influential and play a similar role as he does at Celtic. 

I agree with this too. Rogic is a decent comparison though I think Clare is a bit more dynamic and will get box to box. Same kind of style in attack though. 

Amazing that after a serious injury and moving to another country and league set up he never started tearing up the league for arse paper. It comes as such a massive shock that he’s now looking really good. How can this even be possible when he was not a world beater right away? It truly is a total mystery to me.

Im even beginning to wonder if football players are actually just normal human beings like the rest of us. That they are not in fact robots??

:wow:

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

3 hours ago, karipidis said:

What’s wrong comparing one of our players to a very good player? Bizarre to call someone out as a Celtic fan for that. 

Just what I was thinking.

Rogic is one of the best in the league, wouldn't mind more of our players being compared to the best in the league.

The Rogic comparison is an interesting one and I was mentioning it to my brother after the game on Friday night how similar Clare is when he is running with the ball towards goal as Rogic.

Also interesting to note that both players have came through the Nike academy.

22 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Odd how those who were so vociferously telling us he was shite haven't got much to say on the subject these days.

It’s not that odd. He was shite for weeks. He’s now starting to play well, and has made some important contributions in the last few games and is now justifying his place in the starting XI. I’m sure any right-thinking Hearts fan will be happy about that, not just those in the smug “I-told-you-so” brigade. 

8 minutes ago, Peebo said:

It’s not that odd. He was shite for weeks. He’s now starting to play well, and has made some important contributions in the last few games and is now justifying his place in the starting XI. I’m sure any right-thinking Hearts fan will be happy about that, not just those in the smug “I-told-you-so” brigade. 

It's extremely weird how those who were most vocal about his form told everyone that they'd happily give him praise when he deserved it. They don't seem to be floating about now.

If you think I'm going to be smug about a player I was backing for weeks, taking pelters for saying he'd come good starting to come good then you'd be 100% correct.

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

As an aside the way that a Levein has dealt with Clare shows great man management, don’t you think?

image.png.7dab3ff43bb1f61418b3f32f2f96224b.png

chester copperpot
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It's extremely weird how those who were most vocal about his form told everyone that they'd happily give him praise when he deserved it. They don't seem to be floating about now.

If you think I'm going to be smug about a player I was backing for weeks, taking pelters for saying he'd come good starting to come good then you'd be 100% correct.

:pleasing:

Gone yourself Phil

Only because you read my posts and I've backed him since his 1st appearance. 

Can't blame you tbh, my posts are pretty much always bang on the cash.

fabienleclerq

He was never shite, you could always see he had the touch of a good player. We just had to let him get fit and give him game time.

6 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Because for some of them, it would be like Michael Stewart giving Craig Levein praise, instead of hiding behind his smartarsery!

On 07/01/2019 at 15:02, bobskeldon said:

To me he looks like someone who has won a reality TV football contest and is realising he is now out of his depth!

I am sure that if he comes good, you will all let me know!

Do you actually believe any of the complete drivel you post on jkb, or do you just post it for a laugh? 

To me he looks like someone who has won a reality TV football contest and is realising he is now out of his depth!

He's come good.

On 29/12/2018 at 23:45, gowestjambo said:

We must have some very easy to please fans, if they think Clare either had a good game tonight, or is progressing.

No one wants him to fail, we all hope the hype around him will be justified. - Me? I just cant see a Player in there.

On 29/12/2018 at 19:05, Alan_R said:

Hes been brutal this game. What does he offer

On 29/12/2018 at 22:53, Apache Mal said:

Not good enough in my opion, no heart whatsoever. 

On 29/12/2018 at 23:10, Nelly Terraces said:

He isn't good enough.  It's getting boring listening to people trying to talk this guy up. Actually it would be boring, but absolutely nobody I've spoken to in the real world rates him.

You ok lads?x

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You ok lads?x

Get a life you saddo. I think you will find Trolling is banned. Multi Trolling??  You seem to forget this forum is for all Hearts supprters. We have the same aspirations. People like you do nothing for JKB apart from promoting JKB is for @srseh0les......

What exactly do you hope to gain? Admiration from the rest of the people who have far too much time on their hands? Perhaps you could get a job, or a wife - but that is as unlikely as you allowing others to express their opinions.

I bet you think you are a big hit for yourself...............Phil fae Dunphy has spoken!!

20 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Get a life you saddo. I think you will find Trolling is banned. Multi Trolling??  You seem to forget this forum is for all Hearts supprters. We have the same aspirations. People like you do nothing for JKB apart from promoting JKB is for @srseh0les......

What exactly do you hope to gain? Admiration from the rest of the people who have far too much time on their hands? Perhaps you could get a job, or a wife - but that is as unlikely as you allowing others to express their opinions.

I bet you think you are a big hit for yourself...............Phil fae Dunphy has spoken!!

That’s quite some tantrum, just for him pointing out you were wrong and far too premature with your negative opinion of a player. Jeez, being wrong isn’t a crime mate, just roll with it. You should be pleased that you called it wrong.

35 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

:seething:

Personal abuse is against the rules chum. Pointing out that you got it wrong with yet another Hearts player isn't trolling, sorry :) 

On 02/02/2019 at 00:53, NaturalOrder74 said:

He honestly just seems to be getting more and more class every game, the goal against Livingston has boosted his confidence. We were surely due a good player sooner or later with all the three year deals on Sammon, Martin etc 

Souttar, Berra, Smith, Haring, Uche, Djoum, to name just a few! 

You ok lads?x

Fine. He was brutal in the game in question.

I hope he continues to improve.

Edited by Alan_R

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

Fantastic start to your post, especially considering how it continued ?

6 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

He was never shite, you could always see he had the touch of a good player. We just had to let him get fit and give him game time.

Indeed. Players such as Djoum and Clare allow you to identify the clued up or the clueless posters on JKB and edit your reading of posts accordingly. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

As his fitness has improved he has gained pace. He always glided when he ran like a proper athlete but just lacked the half a yard. He now not only goes away from players but is great at closing down in the advanced position he was playing last night. 

His goal against Livingston and last night is clear evidence of a player who has some class. He even has a reasonable dig on his left side making him somewhat two footed. 

There is tremendous potential with this lad and I don’t think we have any idea how good he could be. 

I sense playing alongside Naismith and Uche he could be very valuable in the coming few months.  

And I can’t wait to see him after a full pre season. 

completely agree.  He is showing his ability and the more confidence and games he get the better and more important he becomes. His goal against Kilmarnock shows how he handle when he gets the ball with a bit of space to take on players in the middle.

When Uche comes back the space his presence will free up for Clare and Naismith will see us score plenty. Get Haring back , and Lee playing and there’s goals aplenty in the side. I’m very excited about this second half to the season. 

Im even more excited if we have all these players available on the 6th April that we will hand the vermin an arse skelping like never before

5 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

:rofl:

Folk utterly unable to cope with Clare coming good after slinging endless shite at him. Tough times for some right now. 

7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Indeed. Players such as Djoum and Clare allow you to identify the clued up or the clueless posters on JKB and edit your reading of posts accordingly. 

Something of a stretch to compare the situation with that of Djoum, who despite being one of our best players for years still gets regular abuse from the wilfully ignorant. 

All about opinions, but appraising Clare’s early performances doesn’t suggest cluelessness. He was very poor in a number of games. Last few games have generally been a massive step up from him, even without his excellent, and important, goals. It’s great to see. 

:D got to love Kickback. He's had a couple of good games and now we have a witch hunt for who criticised him.

I think given our track record with special signings - Osh, Martin and Amankwaa, people had a right to be sceptical. 

I'm glad he seems to be finding his feet and Leveins man management here has been first class.

34 minutes ago, Peebo said:

appraising Clare’s early performances doesn’t suggest cluelessness. He was very poor in a number of games. Last few games have generally been a massive step up from him, even without his excellent, and important, goals. It’s great to see. 

He has been excellent though. His flicks and through balls have helped us keep the ball in the forward positions. Naismith has helped him massively, there’s no doubting that, but Naismith has also benefitted from him stepping up, as Clare has released him with good balls in on goal. Not just Naismith either, Mulraney, Lee and Djoum have all been beneficiaries of his clever attacking play. He is excellent with the ball played in to his feet, but he even manages to do something with the high balls shelled at him from Berra and Shaughnessy, which would be completely wasted otherwise. He brings the ball down and makes good forward passes in attack. He’s a big part in us finally managing to make the ball stick up front again. When we lost Uche and Naismith, that wasn’t happening. Naismith must just be pleased that he doesn’t have to do it all himself, as Clare lightens the load on him a little.

I can’t speak for Dunphy or Dodger, but as they both go to games, then they probably have to listen to the same pish from the same diddies that I do when I’m there. Clare gets some amount of undue criticism at games, bordering on plain abuse.  Where I sit, it’s always tinged with some idiotic comments about him thinking he’s better than he is. You can’t spend the entire game debating with supporters who make ignorant comments like that, but a football fans’ forum is dedicated to exactly that.

Again I am not speaking for anyone else but myself here, but part of the frustration is that supporters continually refuse to even entertain the idea a player can be good, but just needs time to adjust to a new club and league. There is also little sympathy or understanding given to players returning from serious injuries. It takes time, they are not machines. It happens time and time again on here; ‘don’t see it with player x, y or z’, ‘they are shite’. That’s it, that’s the level of understanding or debate offered on the subject, sometimes caveated with ‘would love to be proven wrong’ or something.

Of course often when these premature summations are decisively proven wrong, the poster of such platitudes turn out to be bitter about being proven wrong, and not loving it at all.

I can totally understand why some posters are lapping up his good displays just now, they have recognised that there was ‘a player in there’ and stated as much, whilst others were sharting out the ‘He’s shite’ stuff. 

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

29 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think given our track record with special signings - Osh, Martin and Amankwaa, people had a right to be sceptical. 

Why though? Clare isn’t Osh, Martin or Amankwaa. He wouldn’t be judged on how well those players did for us. He should be judged on his own ability and performances. Clare came here whilst returning from a serious injury, from a different league and country. His early displays were those of a guy trying to regain his confidence, match sharpness and fitness, whilst adjusting to a new league and team mates. He showed flashes, and that is what some people recognised, and what prompted them to say that they ‘see a player in there’ or similar. Now, those flashes are increasing in to being his general play, and it’s obvious that the rest was indeed just rustiness.

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He has been excellent though. His flicks and through balls have helped us keep the ball in the forward positions. Naismith has helped him massively, there’s no doubting that, but Naismith has also benefitted from him stepping up, as Clare has released him with good balls in on goal. Not just Naismith either, Mulraney, Lee and Djoum have all been beneficiaries of his clever attacking play. He is excellent with the ball played in to his feet, but he even manages to do something with the high balls shelled at him from Berra and Shaughnessy, which would be completely wasted otherwise. He brings the ball down and makes good forward passes in attack. He’s a big part in us finally managing to make the ball stick up front again. When we lost Uche and Naismith, that wasn’t happening. Naismith must just be pleased that he doesn’t have to do it all himself, as Clare lightens the load on him a little.

I can’t speak for Dunphy or Dodger, but as they both go to games, then they probably have to listen to the same pish from the same diddies that I do when I’m there. Clare gets some amount of undue criticism at games, bordering on plain abuse.  Where I sit, it’s always tinged with some idiotic comments about him thinking he’s better than he is. You can’t spend the entire game debating with supporters who make ignorant comments like that, but a football fans’ forum is dedicated to exactly that.

Again I am not speaking for anyone else but myself here, but part of the frustration is that supporters continually refuse to even entertain the idea a player can be good, but just needs time to adjust to a new club and league. There is also little sympathy or understanding given to players returning from serious injuries. It takes time, they are not machines. It happens time and time again on here; ‘don’t see it with player x, y or z’, ‘they are shite’. That’s it, that’s the level of understanding or debate offered on the subject, sometimes caveated with ‘would love to be proven wrong’ or something.

Of course often when these premature summations are decisively proven wrong, the poster of such platitudes turn out to be bitter about being proven wrong, and not loving it at all.

I can totally understand why some posters are lapping up his good displays just now, they have recognised that there was ‘a player in there’ and stated as much, whilst others were sharting out the ‘He’s shite’ stuff. 

While I don’t get why you highlighted that bit, this is all fair enough.

For me, I think people are conflating others saying player X was shite in this game or that sequence of games with them saying the player is never going to be anything other than shite. Of course some will have written Clare off, but opining that he was shite in many of his appearances for us doesn’t necessarily mean that he was getting written off. 

As said before, any right-thinking Hearts fan will be lapping up his recent improvement and vital goals. That he’s been much better last few games doesn’t negate his earlier poor performances (for which there were various mitigating reasons). Likewise, just because someone doesn’t set the heather alight in their first few appearances, they shouldn’t be written off.

For a number of posters, it’s one extreme or the other. People have written him off, and others have proclaimed he will be a “legend”. The hype around him, and general slavering on here, meant that this was inevitable. Most folks probably just go by what they see on the pitch, and can recognise the reality. 

39 minutes ago, Peebo said:

For a number of posters, it’s one extreme or the other. People have written him off, and others have proclaimed he will be a “legend”. The hype around him, and general slavering on here, meant that this was inevitable. Most folks probably just go by what they see on the pitch, and can recognise the reality

Colour me sceptical on that front.

2 hours ago, Peebo said:

Something of a stretch to compare the situation with that of Djoum, who despite being one of our best players for years still gets regular abuse from the wilfully ignorant. 

All about opinions, but appraising Clare’s early performances doesn’t suggest cluelessness. He was very poor in a number of games. Last few games have generally been a massive step up from him, even without his excellent, and important, goals. It’s great to see. 

That's why the 'clued up' are now sitting back so smug. They could identify through his early performances, where he admittedly struggled, that he was indeed a player. For me it was his ability to get the ball into feet and then glide forward with it. These posters have nailed their colours to the mast that he would come good. Other posters the 'clueless' identified him as another dud, a terrible signing, waste of money, too lightweight etc ... They also nailed their colours to the mast and now have to accept that they were wrong. The last five or six games he has really come alive and I think he will be a brilliant signing over the next year or so. This is all without even mentioning that he is very young, hasn't played many professional football matches and has just come back from a major injury.

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

While I don’t get why you highlighted that bit, this is all fair enough.

For me, I think people are conflating others saying player X was shite in this game or that sequence of games with them saying the player is never going to be anything other than shite. Of course some will have written Clare off, but opining that he was shite in many of his appearances for us doesn’t necessarily mean that he was getting written off. 

As said before, any right-thinking Hearts fan will be lapping up his recent improvement and vital goals. That he’s been much better last few games doesn’t negate his earlier poor performances (for which there were various mitigating reasons). Likewise, just because someone doesn’t set the heather alight in their first few appearances, they shouldn’t be written off.

For a number of posters, it’s one extreme or the other. People have written him off, and others have proclaimed he will be a “legend”. The hype around him, and general slavering on here, meant that this was inevitable. Most folks probably just go by what they see on the pitch, and can recognise the reality. 

Re the highlighted bit, I was tired. Was a mistake. ?

I wasn't one who swore he'd come good, because you never really know - I'd have thought that Tziolis coming good was obvious for example, but he never did. I did say there was obviously a real footballer in there though. 

It was clear he wasn't in the right head space, he was on the back foot and second guessing everything.

But in the games I saw there was always at least one moment where he suddenly had the ball without the time to trip himself up thinking, just instinctive reaction, and he showed delightfully fast feet and subtlety of touch. 

My worry was that the breakthrough wouldn't come soon enough for his confidence, but it's happened now and I think we're going to see some very exciting stuff from this guy.

So yeah, I feel pretty justified in having a wee bit of a smug about it. 

:verysmug:

Edited by Smithee

I didnt see the game so can only comment on his goal which was a class act.

Hopefully this is the start of the lad coming good for us.

4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

We must have some very easy to please members, if they think gowestjambo either had a good post above, or is progressing.

No one wants him to fail, we all hope the hype around him will be justified. - Me? I just cant see a poster in there.

17 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

:seething:

Personal abuse is against the rules chum. Pointing out that you got it wrong with yet another Hearts player isn't trolling, sorry :) 

Lets stick to the facts - theres a good idea. I said Michael Smith deserved a new deal, but I would have preferred a better player than him.

The Jury is hardly back screaming and shouting that in Clare we have found the new Rudi Skacel. Two very good goals does not make up for being anonymous game after game.

Opinions are one thing, but you seem to take an unhealthy pleasure in arguing with fellow fans. The epitome of the Keyboard Warrior, I bet you dont wander into the Tynecastle Arms or the Merchie and act like that. 

Why Troll through 5 other quotes? What exactly do you get out of it? As I said previously you must have a very sad existence.