Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

Just now, Thomaso said:

You jumped on another posters insinuation that my comments on Clare's form was due to the colour of his skin, and you have continued with your sly wee open ended comments.

No, I did not. If I thought you were a racist, I’d just say you were a racist. You’re clearly getting me mixed up with someone else. 

What was it you were saying about people resorting to personal abuse losing their argument? 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

No, I did not. If I thought you were a racist, I’d just say you were a racist. You’re clearly getting me mixed up with someone else. 

What was it you were saying about people resorting to personal abuse losing their argument? 

I'm losing no argument.

For the umpteenth time, you posted that I disliked Clare for "reasons" other than his current form.

You have now clarified that the "reason" was not due to the colour of his skin.

So what were the other "reasons" you were referring to????   Come on you must have had an idea when you posted that - let's clear it up now and we can move on.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

When some on here resort to personal insults it is a sure sign they are losing the debate - or the plot!

32 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Don't judge others by your own slimey standards.

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I'm losing no argument.

?

You tell me what your issue is with Sean Clare. It’s your issue, not mine. I’m just saying it’s clear it’s not about his current form. 

scott herbertson

It’s human nature to make  premature ‘judgements’ on what we see. I’ve lost count of the number of mistakes I’ve made (going all the way back to the sixties and Harry Kinnear aka  “the new Willie Bauld” and at the same time Kevin Hegarty who I thought was going to be a star for us). At the friendly preseason in Arbroath we saw most of the new players and my assessment on the basis of half a game each was

Uche- clumsy and cant control the ball but a big unit and maybe a useful impact sub but never a first team starter

Edwards - -has some skill, some things come off but some don’t. A truer and will probably feature regularly

Burns -  - loads of energy intelligencevand hard worker - future Colin Cameron type midfielder

mulraney - a star - in the Bobby Prentice mode plus amazing speed - had their ful backs on toast

Lee - pretty anonymous - not much impact on the game- squad player

Bozanic - small, trier, game passed him by other than one shot - back up only 

Keena - real handful plus great attitude - one for  the future

Callachan - excellent, should make a regular place

Haring - poor ball control, misplaced passes. Doesn’t look good enough despite hairband 

Smith - good wing back presenting attacking thread. Poorer defensively

Baur - too many errors

Crawford - great - get him signed. Controlled the game

petkov - ok

so I was about 70% wrong and my opinions after a few more games would have been different, especially about Uche 

coming up up to the present day I don’t think much of either Wighton or Clare so far. I just don’t see the strength to make an impact from either of them but clearly the management sees potential and that’s fine. They have both been bought as longer term development potential and both or neither may or may not make it. Both could do with a good goal to get the crowd on their side as both seem to lack confidence at present.

oh and it is nonsense to characterise or imply Thomaso’s comments as racist. People are allowed opinions and unless they are obviously stereotyping on the basis of race then it shouldn’t be assumed as a motivation

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

?

You tell me what your issue is with Sean Clare. It’s your issue, not mine. I’m just saying it’s clear it’s not about his current form. 

Still no answer from you - what a surprise.

I have already told you what my issue is with Clare. My only issue with Clare is his current form and past performances - that is clearly stated in all the posts I have made.

You are telling everyone my issue with him is NOT about his current form and past performances.  You say this is "clear" - well if it's that clear then tell us what issue you think it was when you made his statement??

No beating about the bush now - just give us a straight answer.

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

It’s human nature to make  premature ‘judgements’ on what we see. I’ve lost count of the number of mistakes I’ve made (going all the way back to the sixties and Harry Kinnear aka  “the new Willie Bauld” and at the same time Kevin Hegarty who I thought was going to be a star for us). At the friendly preseason in Arbroath we saw most of the new players and my assessment on the basis of half a game each was

Uche- clumsy and cant control the ball but a big unit and maybe a useful impact sub but never a first team starter

Edwards - -has some skill, some things come off but some don’t. A truer and will probably feature regularly

Burns -  - loads of energy intelligencevand hard worker - future Colin Cameron type midfielder

mulraney - a star - in the Bobby Prentice mode plus amazing speed - had their ful backs on toast

Haring - poor ball control, misplaced passes. Doesn’t look good enough despite hairband 

Baur - too many errors

petkov - ok

so I was about 70% wrong and my opinions after a few more games would have been different, especially about Uche 

coming up up to the present day I don’t think much of either Wighton or Clare so far. I just don’t see the strength to make an impact from either of them but clearly the management sees potential and that’s fine. They have both been bought as longer term development potential and both or neither may or may not make it. Both could do with a good goal to get the crowd on their side as both seem to lack confidence at present.

oh and it is nonsense to characterise or imply Thomaso’s comments as racist. People are allowed opinions and unless they are obviously stereotyping on the basis of race then it shouldn’t be assumed as a motivation

Must admit Scott I thought Uche and Haring were very poor in the pre-season game.

My initial view was based on one game, however after seeing them play in around half dozen games it was clear they were cracking signings.

My view of Clare and Wighton however is not based on one game. In Clare's case it is 12 games.  Let's hope both can reach the potential we are told they are capable of.

Thanks for your final comment - you will note some on here have quickly back tracked on this.

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Still no answer from you - what a surprise.

I have already told you what my issue is with Clare. My only issue with Clare is his current form and past performances - that is clearly stated in all the posts I have made.

You are telling everyone my issue with him is NOT about his current form and past performances.  You say this is "clear" - well if it's that clear then tell us what issue you think it was when you made his statement??

No beating about the bush now - just give us a straight answer.

I never said it was clear what your issue was. I said it was clear what it wasn’t. You then accused me of calling you a racist, which I’m still waiting on you apologising for. Not that you will, you’ll bleat on about personal abuse while dishing it out at the same time. 

Anyone who's watched Sean Clare since he came into the side will tell you the same thing. He’s getting better every game as he grows in confidence. Well, anyone who’s not overly critical on the boy for one reason or another. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Thanks for your final comment - you will note some on here have quickly back tracked on this.

Hard to backtrack on something you’ve never done, tbf. 

Bit odd how desperate you are for folk to have called you a racist. 

52 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

For someone who’s last post complained about personal abuse, your last sentence is sanctimonious as ****. Wind it in. 

Others might have accused you of being racist, I have not. If I thought you were, I’d point blank tell you that I did. There are reasons why you don’t like Sean Clare, but don’t tell us it’s purely down to his recent form when you’re skewing things to suit your argument. 

Youve been all over the place on this thread. 

Forget all the cryptic nonsense! Thomaso is telling you he has an opinion on SC based on his poor displays (I hold even stronger negative views on SC). You say there are 'reasons' why he doesn't like him, what exactly are you saying? 

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Must admit Scott I thought Uche and Haring were very poor in the pre-season game.

My initial view was based on one game, however after seeing them play in around half dozen games it was clear they were cracking signings.

My view of Clare and Wighton however is not based on one game. In Clare's case it is 12 games.  Let's hope both can reach the potential we are told they are capable of.

That’s kind of what I was saying - first impressions often wrong, after a few more games firming up , but still not usually enough to be definite. Sharing opinions on the quality of players is half the fun of attending the games - pubs would be fairly silent after if we couldn’t do that. With the written word people should be a bit more circumspect, but can still give their opinions.

This thread will be getting ‘bumped’ at the end of the season one way or another ... probably the only solid conclusion to be drawn at this point in time.

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Anyone who's watched Sean Clare since he came into the side will tell you the same thing. He’s getting better every game as he grows in confidence. Well, anyone who’s not overly critical on the boy for one reason or another. 

I've watched the majority of Clare's games and disagree. I've not seen anything to suggest he is getting better.

Obviously not allowed that opinion without having an agenda according to you. 

ps. I don't think anyone is accusing anyone of being racist. There was a post suggesting the boo boys see to be a certain race (which is nonsense) but not intended at anyone specific.

1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

Forget all the cryptic nonsense! Thomaso is telling you he has an opinion on SC based on his poor displays (I hold even stronger negative views on SC). You say there are 'reasons' why he doesn't like him, what exactly are you saying? 

See above. 

Just now, Gorgieshed said:

I've watched the majority of Clare's games and disagree. I've not seen anything to suggest he is getting better.

Obviously not allowed that opinion without having an agenda according to you. 

ps. I don't think anyone is accusing anyone of being racist. There was a post suggesting the boo boys see to be a certain race (which is nonsense) but not intended at anyone specific.

Yup, I stand by that. Anyone who doesn’t recognise that he’s improving every game and that there’s clearly a player in there has made their minds up based on other factors. 

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I never said it was clear what your issue was. I said it was clear what it wasn’t. You then accused me of calling you a racist, which I’m still waiting on you apologising for. Not that you will, you’ll bleat on about personal abuse while dishing it out at the same time. 

I have watched SC every game, home and away since he arrived and I DO NOT think he is "getting better"! He may look slightly fitter than a few weeks ago but there is no improvement in his game!

What's this guff "I never said it was clear what your issue was. I said it was clear what it wasn't"????

I have clearly stated in many posts that my opinion of Clare is purely based on his current form and past performance.  You have said this clearly wasn't - so tell us what you think the reason were to allow you to reach this conclusion - or were you just flying a kite???

Anybody reading the tone and content of your posts will see I have nothing to apologise for. When pushed you confirmed you did not think my "reason" for not liking Clare was not because of the colour of his skin. Thanks for the clarification. 

Dalstonjambo

Find it weird how people cannot see an improvement in both fitness and play.

Is he good enough currently? No
Does he look like the player we hoped/he was made out to be? Definitely not - miles away in fact.
Is there a player in there? I would say so, but can see why people are frustrated. 

But still clear to me he is improving, and the manager likes him. Therefore let's get behind him. 

Edited by Dalstonjambo

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yup, I stand by that. Anyone who doesn’t recognise that he’s improving every game and that there’s clearly a player in there has made their minds up based on other factors. 

You just can't help yourself can you? You are doing it again, I think he is murder based on seeing him 'live' every game he has played.

This opinion is based on me watching him, what other "factors" are you suggesting I might be using to formulate this opinion? Just answer the question, please!!

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Hilarious!!!! :fonzie:

What exactly are these mysterious "factors"????????

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

What's this guff "I never said it was clear what your issue was. I said it was clear what it wasn't"????

I have clearly stated in many posts that my opinion of Clare is purely based on his current form and past performance.  You have said this clearly wasn't - so tell us what you think the reason were to allow you to reach this conclusion - or were you just flying a kite???

Anybody reading the tone and content of your posts will see I have nothing to apologise for. When pushed you confirmed you did not think my "reason" for not liking Clare was not because of the colour of his skin. Thanks for the clarification. 

Hypocrisy is an ugly trait Thomaso. Don’t let it consume you. 

You just can't help yourself can you? You are doing it again, I think he is murder based on seeing him 'live' every game he has played.

This opinion is based on me watching him, what other "factors" are you suggesting I might be using to formulate this opinion? Just answer the question, please!!

That’s for you to decide.

I have decided you are either 12 years old or a complete fool!

Just now, bobskeldon said:

Maybe both Bob.

Personal abuse is against forum rules, Bob. I’d post exactly what I thought of you, but that would also be against forum rules. 

:)

Still can't give us a straight answer Phil. :whistling: 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The ‘We Hate Sean Clare’ club have got their pitch forks out, I see. 

:laugh:

Now posting anything old nonsense to deflect from the fact that he can't answer a straight forward question.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Still can't give us a straight answer Phil. :whistling: 

Still can’t apologise for accusing me of calling you a racist, I see. 

Shame. 

10 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Find it weird how people cannot see an improvement in both fitness and play.

Is he good enough currently? No
Does he look like the player we hoped/he was made out to be? Definitely not - miles away in fact.
Is there a player in there? I would say so, but can see why people are frustrated. 

But still clear to me he is improving, and the manager likes him. Therefore let's get behind him. 

Good post.

For the record at get behind all Hearts players at the game - that does preclude me from discussing the current performances of players in the pub or JKB.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I'm so pleased you were able to step into the role of Drama Queen in my absence - you were perfectly qualified to do so. :whistling:

:touche:             

Thank you . Is it safe to assume from your reply that you took my post in the way that I had intended it, namely as a joke to diffuse a conversation that had been getting more than a tad close to the bone. I, in no way, found your comments racist.

This thread is full of differing opinions of which there comes a time when extremes NEED to agree to disagree.

FWIW I don't think SC has been anything special and as others have said any improvement may be down simply to improved fitness levels. That said though, CL believes there is a player in SC so I'll give hime a fair bit longer to prove it. 

Still can’t apologise for accusing me of calling you a racist, I see. 

Shame. 

I have already given you a clear answer on that.

Shame you can't give me a clear answer on your reason why you say I "dislike" Clare.

2 minutes ago, Coolio said:

:touche:             

Thank you . Is it safe to assume from your reply that you took my post in the way that I had intended it, namely as a joke to diffuse a conversation that had been getting more than a tad close to the bone. I, in no way, found your comments racist.

This thread is full of differing opinions of which there comes a time when extremes NEED to agree to disagree.

FWIW I don't think SC has been anything special and as others have said any improvement may be down simply to improved fitness levels. That said though, CL believes there is a player in SC so I'll give hime a fair bit longer to prove it. 

Always like a bit of friendly banter on here Coolio!  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Always like a bit of friendly banter on here Coolio!  :thumbsup:

Your a racist.

Sorry ?

grumpy rebus
42 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Baur - too many errors

petkov - ok

Admitting you were wrong on here? You’ll never last ???

On a serious note, I think I see something with Clare but he’s not quite there yet. Wighton looks hopeless, but I’m hoping that’s down to trying too hard. 

In an ideal world (i.e. no injuries) I think both would’ve been eased into the team and given time to find their feet, but the situation dictated otherwise. 

I reckon both both could make it, but time will tell. 

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

Your a racist.

Sorry ?

:isee:

Dalstonjambo
5 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Your a racist.

Sorry ?

*you're

Not sorry

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Generic Username

I didn't think Phil was suggesting or alluding to posters being racist, I think the "other factors" might be that some have possibly held Clare to a slightly higher standard given the hype surrounding him and the supposed clubs sniffing around him before his arrival. For all his form has began to slowly improve, I'd like to see him get a run in a settled position as he's been all over the place since signing - wide left, wide right, behind the striker, center mid - hopefully he'll pin down a position in the last half of the season and have a run at it once he's the full shilling.

16 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Hahaha. 

So what is it - Laziness, Text speak or a second language? 

Good to have something a bit more light hearted on this thread.

Very poor education ????

Dalstonjambo
4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Very poor education ????

Given you are a Hearts fan you were educated just fine in my eyes. 

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

At least you have the baws to give an honest opinion on the players in your post. 

Unlike some who will use any excuse to have a pop at our manager, as part of their agenda. 

Some of your views I agree with, some I don't but that's fair enough.

Good post, Scott.

Just to clarify -

Are you saying that anyone posting comments on Clare's poor current form and disappointing performances, have nothing to do with him and are actually just having a go at our Manager??

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I think my post was clear enough. 

Eh OK then......correct me if I am wrong here -

You seem to be alleging my comments on Clare's poor form and performances have nothing to do with Clare. They are all about having a pop at our Manager for signing him as part of an anti-Levein agenda.

As I've stated before, I am absolutely delighted at the CL signings of the likes of Uche, Naismith, Lee, Haring - how does that fit in with your anti-Levein agenda theory????

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Where did I mention you, Thomaso ? 

I was referring to posters who will use any excuse to have a go at our Manager.  It just happens to be In the Clare thread. It could also have been in the thread where people had a go at Levein  at the signing of Naismith when he didn't exactly hit the ground running. 

It will be the same if Vanecek starts slowly. 

So I wasn't having a go at you personally and I'm not sure why you think I was. 

Sorry my mistake.

4 hours ago, Chong said:

ffs, some folk dinnae ken tha difference between ur and u'r.

Dens cants

Probably.

B9973DAD-723C-4CB2-857F-6A86FD3A9546.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...