Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

Just now, Taffin said:

But that's because it suits your agenda. Shoots and misses and he gets lambasted for not passing it. He took one of two options and Djoum fluffed it. 

And it suits the agenda of others to come up with an alternative scenario - it works both ways you know.

Everybody at the game thought he was going to shoot - including Djoume!  When he passed it there was a "WTF" moment in the Wheatfield.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And it suits the agenda of others to come up with an alternative scenario - it works both ways you know.

Everybody at the game thought he was going to shoot - including Djoume!  When he passed it there was a "WTF" moment in the Wheatfield.

I know it works both ways, hence neither option was right or wrong. He took one, executed it. There's plenty to criticise about his games so far, that isn't one...no matter what 'everyone' at the game thought.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Because his form immediately after returning from injury was shaky. 

Theres not not a single Hearts player that can say “I played well” during that stinking run of results, yet some can escape the spotlight for reasons unknown. Let’s just pick on the new boy adjusting to the league, because we heard Spurs were looking at him. 

IMO Berra was outstanding when he returned against Rangers and manned up to Morelos foul play, so that just does not make sense.

As for picking on him because "Spurs were looking at him" is just drivel mate. He is being judged AT THE MOMENT for his poor performances in the last 12 appearances.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I know it works both ways, hence neither option was right or wrong. He took one, executed it. There's plenty to criticise about his games so far, that isn't one...no matter what 'everyone' at the game though.

I was referring to the agendas of posters working both ways - not the option that Clare took - we did not score so the option he took was proven to be wrong.

Edited by Thomaso

Just now, Thomaso said:

OK so your option could be wrong then.

No, neither were wrong. Djoum screwed up the chance, it happens. Only your dogmatic desire to slate the boy sees it as wrong...so much so that you needed to claim to know the thoughts of 18 thousand people.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

IMO Berra was outstanding when he returned against Rangers and manned up to Morelos foul play, so that just does not make sense.

As for picking on him because "Spurs were looking at him" is just drivel mate. He is being judged AT THE MOMENT for his poor performances in the last 12 appearances.

IMO Berra was at the heart of a defence that was chucking goals left right and centre, including five at Livingston. Wait, no. That wasn’t an opinion, that was a fact. 

Why you’re picking on Sean Clare when there have been a number of players significantly worse than him, I don’t know.

“I’m not saying he’s shite”

While telling anyone who’ll listen that he should’ve had a shot instead of handing it to Djoum on a plate. Imagine the meltdown from certain posters if he’d taken the shot, missed and Djoum was standing on the penalty spot with the whole goal at his mercy. 

Again, some people have an agenda against the boy without realising that that kinda chat does more harm to the individual than they’d understand. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

IMO Berra was at the heart of a defence that was chucking goals left right and centre, including five at Livingston. Wait, no. That wasn’t an opinion, that was a fact. 

Why you’re picking on Sean Clare when there have been a number of players significantly worse than him, I don’t know.

Despite agreeing that some players struggled for a few games, I'm not sure which of these players were "significantly" worse than SC?

SC was the worst of a bad bunch for a few games!

OK let's deal with Berra.

We know for certain that Berra IS a quality player. Every player can have a bad game, even Naismith, but they do not get questioned on JKB as we know what they are capable of.

Right now in the last 12 games Clare has shown nothing significant to confirm he is a quality player, hence the comments on here relative to his performances.

Clear??

What do Hearts supporters get from slagging off our players?? I just don't get it and, hopefully, never will.  Levein really rates him and that will do for me. If course, the Levein haters use that as a stick against Clare, sadly. I repeat, Clare will be a star for us.

KyleLafferty

I’m just pointing out the last few boo boys have been Clare, Mitchell, djoum, isma, bauben. Might be something in that.

Just now, bobskeldon said:

Despite agreeing that some players struggled for a few games, I'm not sure which of these players were "significantly" worse than SC?

SC was the worst of a bad bunch for a few games!

No, he wasn’t. Mitchell went through a stinking run of form, Lee was so poor he was dropped to the bench for a few games, MacLean was ****ing atrocious, Bobby wasn’t great, Hughes was dreadful against Livingston, Morrison offered next to nothing during those months and the less said about Wighton the better. 

But you and and several others have decided that he’ll be some kind of hate figure in the side. I hate to think why. 

Just now, Thomaso said:

OK let's deal with Berra.

We know for certain that Berra IS a quality player. Every player can have a bad game, even Naismith, but they do not get questioned on JKB as we know what they are capable of.

Right now in the last 12 games Clare has shown nothing significant to confirm he is a quality player, hence the comments on here relative to his performances.

Clear??

So, instead, you’ll pick on the young player because he’s only had a handful of games since returning from a serious injury? No worries. 

You're not being relative to his performances, because you’re bending incidents to suit your agenda. At the time I thought Clare should have taken the shot against Hamilton, but watching it back I can see why he tried to put it on a plate for Djoum. 

Either way, it’s ok to admit you have something against the boy. Just don’t try and hide behind being objective. He can do no right in your eyes and that’s a shame, but I’m sure he’ll get over it. 

“I’m not saying he’s shite”

While telling anyone who’ll listen that he should’ve had a shot instead of handing it to Djoum on a plate. Imagine the meltdown from certain posters if he’d taken the shot, missed and Djoum was standing on the penalty spot with the whole goal at his mercy. 

Again, some people have an agenda against the boy without realising that that kinda chat does more harm to the individual than they’d understand. 

You're obviously listening going by your posts. LOL.

Commenting on his failure to score when right through on goal is not stating he is "shite" but you keep repeating that...well...shite!

As for the reaction if he had shot and the keeper had saved I do not think there would have been any meltdown as virtually everybody in the stadium assumed he would shoot!!

I have no "agenda" against Clare but I will continue to give my opinion on a fans forum - if I thought posting on here that he was the next Messi would improve his performances I would do it. That of course would make absolutely no difference.

Berra got MoM against the Rangers did he not? I think Berra still looks unfit but he still contributes more than Clare.

Clare has been a consistent 4/10 performer, maybe had a 6/10 on a couple of occasions. The here and now, he is not good enough. That obviously can change, he needs a big improvement though.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Clare looks like a player who will play in bursts and he has shown a few glimpses of that so far. He is not the type of player who will be on the ball all the time dictating things, he needs someone else like Naismith or Haring doing that whilst he waits to get the right ball played to him. Some great players, like Rudi as an example, could be very quiet and then burst to life with the right service. He can't be classed as one of our top players yet but give him all the backing to succeed in the meantime !

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No, neither were wrong. Djoum screwed up the chance, it happens. Only your dogmatic desire to slate the boy sees it as wrong...so much so that you needed to claim to know the thoughts of 18 thousand people.

You seem to be the one with the dogmatic desire to slate me for giving my honest opinion. I did not claim to know the thoughts of 18,000 fans - there was however an audible "WTF" moment around me in the Wheatfield when he passed instead of shooting!

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What do Hearts supporters get from slagging off our players?? I just don't get it and, hopefully, never will.  Levein really rates him and that will do for me. If course, the Levein haters use that as a stick against Clare, sadly. I repeat, Clare will be a star for us.

Jeez here we go again - the old Levein hater angle.

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’m just pointing out the last few boo boys have been Clare, Mitchell, djoum, isma, bauben. Might be something in that.

So I'm a racist for expressing my opinions on the performances of Clare now am I.

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So, instead, you’ll pick on the young player because he’s only had a handful of games since returning from a serious injury? No worries. 

You're not being relative to his performances, because you’re bending incidents to suit your agenda. At the time I thought Clare should have taken the shot against Hamilton, but watching it back I can see why he tried to put it on a plate for Djoum. 

Either way, it’s ok to admit you have something against the boy. Just don’t try and hide behind being objective. He can do no right in your eyes and that’s a shame, but I’m sure he’ll get over it. 

I do not like your insinuation here.

Please state exactly what you think I have against the boy.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I do not like your insinuation here.

Please state exactly what you think I have against the boy.

I’m just giving you an opinion of you as a poster. 

KyleLafferty
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So I'm a racist for expressing my opinions on the performances of Clare now am I.

Where did I say that in my post? I’m just pointing out facts.

Perth to Paisley
13 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Connor Salmon

Malaurey Martin to name but 2.

11 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

They haven’t really.  

Martin, Juanma, Wighton, and Callachan, are amongst many criticised by supporters, and it was deemed acceptable, despite none of them coming with the same fanfare as self promotion of Clare.

Stop looking for racism, where it does not exist.  

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

They haven’t really.  

Martin, Juanma, Wighton, and Callachan, are amongst many criticised by supporters, and it was deemed acceptable, despite none of them coming with the same fanfare as self promotion of Clare.

Stop looking for racism, where it does not exist.  

And the Juanma witch hunt was just as bizarre as the Clare slagging. 

jambo-in-furness
16 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Don't forget Coonnor Sammon

6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

You clearly insinuated the criticism of Clare's performances was linked to criticism of other black players - frankly that disgusts me.

Not that I need to justify myself to some idiots on here but some of my favourite players at Hearts have been black - De Vries for one, and I'm also a huge fan of Djoume and Uche.

I am now out of this discussion so I do not require your reply. Thanks.

Edited by Thomaso

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’m just giving you an opinion of you as a poster. 

Aye right Phil.

We are done!

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And the Juanma witch hunt was just as bizarre as the Clare slagging. 

I would say more so, personally, but Hearts created some of that.  

Regardless, the Clare criticism is not racist as the poster suggested. It is in the basis (so far) that he has been crap.  

Edited by Paolo

8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

You know fine well what you were doing, or meaning. 

1 hour ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Slowing down to draw a foul by letting the defender clatter into you is completely fine, the way you worded it made it sound like Sean Clare had mastered the ability to move his body backwards whilst moving his body forwards. Obviously it's physically impossible to back into someone whilst moving forwards.

I get that isn't possible, hence why I never said anything like that.

This thread should probably be locked and revisited in 2 months.

For the moment, SC is not good enough and nothing so far has shown he is.

25 minutes ago, XB52 said:

People say hes S**** because they're reacting when people say hes good or going to be good with no basis or evidence of that being shown on the football field...

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

This thread should probably be locked and revisited in 2 months.

For the moment, SC is not good enough and nothing so far has shown he is.

I played football from aged 7 up to 40 odds at 5s, my confidence levels crippled me a times, 

played sat and sunday games, probably why i never made it, i was good but lacked belief.

At the end at 5s showed skills that would grace any pitch but too late.

Theres a fine line.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

50 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You seem to be the one with the dogmatic desire to slate me for giving my honest opinion. I did not claim to know the thoughts of 18,000 fans - there was however an audible "WTF" moment around me in the Wheatfield when he passed instead of shooting!

???

22 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I played football from aged 7 up to 40 odds at 5s, my confidence levels crippled me a times, 

played sat and sunday games, probably why i never made it, i was good but lacked belief.

At the end at 5s showed skills that would grace any pitch but too late.

Theres a fine line.

I also played over 20 years at 11s juvenile, East of Scotland and finally amateur.

Confidence is a big thing for some players. However, being a professional and getting paid £1,000s a week you should be open to criticism. Big difference to be that good to make a living from it and our levels.

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

I also played over 20 years at 11s juvenile, East of Scotland and finally amateur.

Confidence is a big thing for some players. However, being a professional and getting paid £1,000s a week you should be open to criticism. Big difference to be that good to make a living from it and our levels.

Aye bud, im content with my seat in the new stand , we all had dreams.

You clearly insinuated the criticism of Clare's performances was linked to criticism of other black players - frankly that disgusts me.

Not that I need to justify myself to some idiots on here but some of my favourite players at Hearts have been black - De Vries for one, and I'm also a huge fan of Djoume and Uche.

I am now out of this discussion so I do not require your reply. Thanks.

Aye right Phil.

We are done!

Just to qualify, do we think Thomaso has gone - as in logged off, or gone as in - no longer taking part in this thread?

Either way I assume that means there's an opening for a Drama Queen on this thread. ?

Generic Username
2 hours ago, cruzabic said:

I get that isn't possible, hence why I never said anything like that.

"...slowing down and backing into Ambrose"

He has to still be moving forwards despite his speed dropping, so how do you move your body forward whilst shifting your weight backwards into a defender?

1 hour ago, Coolio said:

Just to qualify, do we think Thomaso has gone - as in logged off, or gone as in - no longer taking part in this thread?

Either way I assume that means there's an opening for a Drama Queen on this thread. ?

I don't agree with Thomaso's opinion on Clare but for someone to insinuate he doesn't like him due to his race is completely unfair. Nothing he has said would suggest that.

Poor form in my opinion.

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Gorgieshed said:

I played my last game at the age of 59.  5-a-side , I was never any good but I remember  that I was quicker and fitter then than some of the fatties  who were thirty years younger than me.

Strangely I was a better player aged 40 than I was aged 14. The reason for that was that all the kids in my street were into cycle speedway and stopped playing football at about the age of 10, the *******s. 

I lost my most formative years.

Knackered knees or I would have been playing still.

SuperstarSteve
18 hours ago, Thomaso said:

See I just don't get that comparison with Naismith.

Naismith may well have been short of full fitness and match practice last season, however he still scored goals for us, and made telling contributions to the team - as such you could tell he was a quality player.

Apart from 'gliding over the turf' occasionally, and winning a few headers against Hibs we have seen very little to confirm Clare is the quality player his reputation suggests.

Now we all hope Clare comes good, but comparing him with the Naismith situation is with respect nonsense.

Not comparing the quality of player, totally agree Naismith is of a higher standard. The situation is pretty similar though, regarding a setback injury, lack of pre season and game time. Time will tell if he turns out to be a player or not but the best of Clare won’t arrive until next season I believe, wether his best is good enough is of course yet to be seen. 

17 hours ago, Taffin said:

???

16 hours ago, Coolio said:

I'm so pleased you were able to step into the role of Drama Queen in my absence - you were perfectly qualified to do so. :whistling:

14 hours ago, Taffin said:

I don't agree with Thomaso's opinion on Clare but for someone to insinuate he doesn't like him due to his race is completely unfair. Nothing he has said would suggest that.

Poor form in my opinion.

Thanks for that Taffin.  When some on here resort to personal insults it is a sure sign they are losing the debate - or the plot!

15 hours ago, Taffin said:

Poor form in my opinion.

Agreed. People can take a dislike to a player for reasons other than the colour of his skin. But when they move the goalposts to suit their agenda, it becomes quite clear that they’ve got something against him that’s not just down to his current form. 

1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Not comparing the quality of player, totally agree Naismith is of a higher standard. The situation is pretty similar though, regarding a setback injury, lack of pre season and game time. Time will tell if he turns out to be a player or not but the best of Clare won’t arrive until next season I believe, wether his best is good enough is of course yet to be seen. 

Naismith is also far more experienced and knows the game up here. 

Clare will come good. 

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Agreed. People can take a dislike to a player for reasons other than the colour of his skin. But when they move the goalposts to suit their agenda, it becomes quite clear that they’ve got something against him that’s not just down to his current form. 

I asked you before to tell me exactly what I have against Clare rather than his current form. You say it's "quite clear" so spill the beans - but you can't can you because you are talking absolute shite!

Don't judge others by your own slimey standards.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I asked you before to tell me exactly what I have against Clare rather than his current form. You say it's "quite clear" so spill the beans - but you can't can you because you are talking absolute shite!

Don't judge others by your own slimey standards.

For someone who’s last post complained about personal abuse, your last sentence is sanctimonious as ****. Wind it in. 

Others might have accused you of being racist, I have not. If I thought you were, I’d point blank tell you that I did. There are reasons why you don’t like Sean Clare, but don’t tell us it’s purely down to his recent form when you’re skewing things to suit your argument. 

Youve been all over the place on this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

For someone who’s last post complained about personal abuse, your last sentence is sanctimonious as ****. Wind it in. 

Others might have accused you of being racist, I have not. If I thought you were, I’d point blank tell you that I did. There are reasons why you don’t like Sean Clare, but don’t tell us it’s purely down to his recent form when you’re skewing things to suit your argument. 

Youve been all over the place on this thread. 

No Phil you are the one all over the place, and I suggest you "wind it in".

You jumped on another posters insinuation that my comments on Clare's form was due to the colour of his skin, and you have continued with your sly wee open ended comments.

I have never said I "don't like" Sean Clare - I have only given my opinion of his playing performances and form.

Tell me where exactly am I "skewing things" to suit my opinion??  I'm not holding my breath for a sensible answer from you.

So if you don't think my opinion of Clare's current form is based on his colour, then what exactly do you think the reasons are for me "not liking him"??????  Again I don't hold out much hope of a lucid answer.