• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry for being a pessimist but losing our best player and Talisman is impossible to cover IMO.

Hard to disagree but sometimes changing the shape offers opportunities for others to step up. For example, hopefully we will see Olly Lee on the edge of the box, where he can score from. Perhaps Djoum can get forward more...Cochrane too.

The most positive thing about all this is that hibs may underestimate us and start to get confident. And we all know what happens when hibs get confident!

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Hard to disagree but sometimes changing the shape offers opportunities for others to step up. For example, hopefully we will see Olly Lee on the edge of the box, where he can score from. Perhaps Djoum can get forward more...Cochrane too.

The most positive thing about all this is that hibs may underestimate us and start to get confident. And we all know what happens when hibs get confident!

Lee and Djoume have been getting forward all season and to great effect - why change that just because we were playing a weakened Celtic??

Rabbit in the headlights!

10 games off the pace. Needs a good spell in the reseves & last 15-20 with the first team to get him up to speed IMO. 

I’m NOT saying hes not good enough. He’s just not good enough just now!

I actually thought he looked quite accomplished and moved the ball around quite well (to admittedly limited effect). Should only get better as well.

Just now, Cut The Crap said:

I actually thought he looked quite accomplished and moved the ball around quite well (to admittedly limited effect). Should only get better as well.

This.  A lot of the good stuff we created after half time came through him.  

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Rabbit in the headlights!

10 games off the pace. Needs a good spell in the reseves & last 15-20 with the first team to get him up to speed IMO. 

I’m NOT saying hes not good enough. He’s just not good enough just now!

I was aching for him or Wighton or anyone to make themselves a hero tonight - not to be.

Well off the pace tonight. Hard game to come into whilst it was going 100mph after being out injured since last season and only making a few sub appearances.

Won’t judge him tonight but doesn’t look a winger to me.

Edited by Chaps

3 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

seems neat and tidy, hope he can step it up a couple of gears and have more drive

This. Just needs to gain some confidence as I think tonight he was desperate not to make a mistake, there's no doubt there's more to come.

Tenaciousdandy

Clare looked decent a couple of good touches and a few good passes, definitely needs more game time to get up to speed tho, think he's going to be a cracking signing for us tho

His whole game is about picking the ball up and driving at teams, I don’t think he has that in him yet fitness wise but I think it’s harsh to say he was miles off the pace, played some ok balls and some poor ones but let’s be honest most players were the same 

Thought he had a good game and like looks like he will be some player for us. How anyone could watch the same game and think differently is beyond me?

Think he grew into the game and certainly looks (to me) that he is going to gradually become more important for us over the next few months. 

I think he needs a “moment” to kick start his career with us. 

Did well in some spells tonight, not so well in others. Will need to see a lot more from him before I get too excited. 

They game time under his belt will do wonders for him. I hope he starts the next home game against Kilmarnock. Give him a run of matches so he can get his stamina up. The pace of that first half was insane and we had 9 derby debutants in the starting 11! 

Thrown in at the deep end tonight when I don't think he's up to speed yet.

In saying that I think there is a player in there, I think the more game time he gets the better he'll become, one to watch me thinks.

Marcus Cicero

I think he is just not got it - with 9 on his back why was he playing in midfield anyway, why not leading the line? Sorry nothing personal but he’s not going to do anything for us 

Just now, Marcus Cicero said:

I think he is just not got it - with 9 on his back why was he playing in midfield anyway, why not leading the line? Sorry nothing personal but he’s not going to do anything for us 

What a sensible and balanced take after his first start   :rofl:

Gona take time to find his feet, looked off the pace to start with but started getting into things once we got the ball on the deck. Will take afew games and his confidence will grow

1 minute ago, Marcus Cicero said:

The number a player has doesn't necessarily have any relevance to his position on the field.

He is not a striker.

He wasn’t leading the line because he isn’t a striker (no, no idea why they gave him no 9).

What are you basing this on exactly? A couple of short cameos as a sub, and one start in a derby game where hardly any football took place?

I’m not one to point fingers on here, but I seriously doubt you are a Hearts fan.

SectionDJambo

Given that the guy has hardly played at all for 8 months, I thought he did ok. This was a typical derby where neither side gave away much space.

He seemed to me to be a player who is aware of what is around him, which gives him a bit more time than others.

Let’s see him up to full match fitness before judging him. The instant criticism is why Levein hasn’t been wanting to play him before being 100% fit.

Marcus Cicero
2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

What a sensible and balanced take after his first start   :rofl:

Would be happy that you are right and I’m wrong - time will tell but I think he’s a dud

Style wise he reminds me of Dele Alii. Lighter on his feet than you would imagine for his size and keen to keep the ball moving quickly to another player when it comes to him. 

Marcus Cicero
2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

He wasn’t leading the line because he isn’t a striker (no, no idea why they gave him no 9).

What are you basing this on exactly? A couple of short cameos as a sub, and one start in a derby game where hardly any football took place?

I’m not one to point fingers on here, but I seriously doubt you are a Hearts fan.

Doc Rob you doubt wrong - 49 years going to Tynecastle and 5th generation Hearts fan 

You can see the boy has quality. No doubt about it that it's going to take a bit of time for him to adapt to the pace of the game up here.

Clare has shown nothing so far imo. I'm sure he's talented and has something but without hunger and desire then he'll not get near the starting eleven. We've had enough of these players over the last two seasons.

Doc Rob you doubt wrong - 49 years going to Tynecastle and 5th generation Hearts fan 

If you say so. I just find it odd that you have 14 posts altogether (though I see the others were a while ago) and you suddenly pop up on derby day to slate a player who has literally barely kicked a ball for the club. Especially when you seem to have no idea what position he plays.

Gimme an H...
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Style wise he reminds me of Dele Alii. Lighter on his feet than you would imagine for his size and keen to keep the ball moving quickly to another player when it comes to him. 

That's funny, I seen absolutely none of that from him tonight.... 

4 minutes ago, Gillyboy said:

Clare has shown nothing so far imo. I'm sure he's talented and has something but without hunger and desire then he'll not get near the starting eleven. We've had enough of these players over the last two seasons.

He's had 20 minute against Aberdeen, a few minutes against Celtic (when the game was dead and buried) and started in a derby that was played at a ridiculous pace, in a hostile atmosphere as part of a patched up Hearts side. GIVE HIM A CHANCE FFS. He's hardly played any football for 7 or 8 months and is going to need game time before any judgement can be made. There is no way he was garnering the attention he was from clubs down south without having a load of ability. This guy will turn out to be a player. Bookmark it.

Edited by magicTs

5 minutes ago, Gillyboy said:

Djoum gets near the starting eleven without those two things 

I think folk need to remember that CL intended to introduce the guy into the team gradually and let him get used to the SPL. He has had his hand forced due to all the injuries. If other players were fit Clare wouldn’t be starting.

3 minutes ago, DVB said:

First 30 mins off the pace.

Next 55 mins best man on the park.

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. He wasn't a patch on Dunne or Smith. 

Thought he was overwhelmed in the first half, had a tidy spell for 15 minutes in the second. He needs to sharpen up, which will come. A couple of times I thought his movement was poor and he almost hid. 

Has a tidy touch. Very poor attempt at a cross when we were trying to pressure. 

I'm still not sure where the big reputation  comes from. 

Marcus Cicero
7 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

If you say so. I just find it odd that you have 14 posts altogether (though I see the others were a while ago) and you suddenly pop up on derby day to slate a player who has literally barely kicked a ball for the club. Especially when you seem to have no idea what position he plays.

Well Doc I live a busy life, possibly like yourself - mostly I just read opinions on KB. I don’t agree with the view that KB credibility is based on number of postings as that’s a very poor indicator of anything. Tonight I had an opinion on SC I wanted to share 

3 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. He wasn't a patch on Dunne or Smith. 

Thought he was overwhelmed in the first half, had a tidy spell for 15 minutes in the second. He needs to sharpen up, which will come. A couple of times I thought his movement was poor and he almost hid. 

Has a tidy touch. Very poor attempt at a cross when we were trying to pressure. 

I'm still not sure where the big reputation  comes from. 

Before signing for us he was linked with Swansea, Villa and Leeds, amongst others, and the Wednesday fans were clearly gutted to lose him, judging from their extreme sour grapes. He is clearly highly rated by a lot of people, though it seems this is based more on potential than achievements. He is only 22.

Just now, Doc Rob said:

Before signing for us he was linked with Swansea, Villa and Leeds, amongst others, and the Wednesday fans were clearly gutted to lose him, judging from their extreme sour grapes. He is clearly highly rated by a lot of people, though it seems this is based more on potential than achievements. He is only 22.

True, I'm maybe being a bit harsh.

Folk must think differently about his performance than I do. For a guy with so much suggested quality - I just can't see it.

Lightweight, no drive and sideways passing. This was an opportunity to show what he has, I hope it is much more than we saw tonight.

Was looking forward to seeing this guy but he's been disappointing so far. Hopefully it's just a case of him getting up to speed with the game up here.