Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

pettigrewsstylist

He will get his chance. He will be chomping at bit after Muddyfield atmo and a Tynie derby under the lights. Cant wait to see him bed in!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Tenaciousdandy

Just had a customer say his mate plays for hibs reserves and played against clare, said he is ridiculously good and that he doesn't say that about many folk, so here's hoping he gets up to speed and is in the first time asap

5 minutes ago, steven.dandy79 said:

Just had a customer say his mate plays for hibs reserves and played against clare, said he is ridiculously good and that he doesn't say that about many folk, so here's hoping he gets up to speed and is in the first time asap

Didn’t think Clare had played for the reserves yet?

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Nope his only minutes for hearts have been against Aberdeen. Unless there was a closed doors bounce match against our city rivals? Quite possible with us both using the same facilities I suppose but I’d think it would be for nobodies instead of letting Lennon see our onlynunlnown quantity 

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

not sure then, boys a celtic fan and we were talk about the game yesterday, injuries etc when he mentioned his mate playing against him, maybe he's just talking sh!te then (was no reason to say that tho) so a bit strange

I'd start him on wed. He's an unknown. He wa a brought on against Aberdeen to stretch the midfield, which worked. He came on yesterday for a run out when the game was over. Levein hasn't asked him to go full throttle as yet. If he's ready to do so, get him out there against hibs.

Find it strange that he’s not had a few reserve outings as when he has come on in games he seems to be struggling with the pace of games. Hopefully  him & Wighton get up to speed ASAP as we need these guys at the moment with the injuries we have. 

3 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

I'd start him on wed. He's an unknown. He wa a brought on against Aberdeen to stretch the midfield, which worked. He came on yesterday for a run out when the game was over. Levein hasn't asked him to go full throttle as yet. If he's ready to do so, get him out there against hibs.

No being cheeky but I’d expect any sub coming into a big game to go full throttle. 

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

it could be that there was a behind closed door game played as there were no reserve games for over 2 weeks.

He never said when it was,just that he was ridiculously good, it could have been before he joined hearts?? 

6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

No being cheeky but I’d expect any sub coming into a big game to go full throttle. 

He came into a 100mph game and game that was over. We've certainly not seen him full throttle and I expect we'll see it when he begins games.

Certainly not going to write him off after a sub appearance in the Aberdeen game which was 100 miles an hour and a sub appearance yesterday with 15 mins to go at 3-0 down against Celtic.

Surprised he didn’t come off the bench at Dundee when we were 3-0 up and cruising just after half time. 

Comes with a decent pedigree so sure he will make his mark soon. 

43 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Find it strange that he’s not had a few reserve outings as when he has come on in games he seems to be struggling with the pace of games. Hopefully  him & Wighton get up to speed ASAP as we need these guys at the moment with the injuries we have. 

How many reserve games has there been since he signed and has been fit? 

Captain Bubblebeard
29 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

Certainly not going to write him off after a sub appearance in the Aberdeen game which was 100 miles an hour and a sub appearance yesterday with 15 mins to go at 3-0 down against Celtic.

Surprised he didn’t come off the bench at Dundee when we were 3-0 up and cruising just after half time. 

Comes with a decent pedigree so sure he will make his mark soon. 

Exactly what I thought up at Dundee too. Thought he be on after an hour max but he never materialised.

43 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

How many reserve games has there been since he signed and has been fit? 

Been a couple I think where we could have gave him a run out. You can be fit but match fitness is different and only way to add that is minutes in competitive football. 

1 hour ago, jambogaza said:

He came into a 100mph game and game that was over. We've certainly not seen him full throttle and I expect we'll see it when he begins games.

Fair enough but until he’s ready to go full throttle he shouldn’t be on the bench. Looking forward to seeing the boy push for a starting place.

19 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Been a couple I think where we could have gave him a run out. You can be fit but match fitness is different and only way to add that is minutes in competitive football. 

The reserve match today was the third this month. My understanding is that he wasn't fit enough (recovered/healed from his operation) to play in the first two which were at the start of the month. (1st and 8th) 

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

The reserve match today was the third this month. My understanding is that he wasn't fit enough (recovered/healed from his operation) to play in the first two which were at the start of the month. (1st and 8th) 

Shouldn’t really be on the bench then until he’s properly up to speed. Not doing the team or Himself any favours. 

rudi must stay

Thought he looked far better yesterday than he did first game. Maybe just being optimistic but he looked sharper. Ye, nothing to lose starting him on Wednesday

larbert_jambo

He's a bit of an unknown so if he's starts Hibs won't have much to go on for pre match preparation.

Start him and hope the pedigree he's come up here with shines through! 

FTH

Edited by larbert_jambo

11 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Think he will link up well with Amankwaa. Morrison will be an important player tomorrow imo.

Christ is that us pretending Amankwaa is any good now? The whole reason I'd play Clare is to keep Amankwaa from starting.

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

Christ is that us pretending Amankwaa is any good now? The whole reason I'd play Clare is to keep Amankwaa from starting.

No pretending necessary. Amankwaa is good, as will be proven over the course of the season. Though many who have already nailed their colours to the mast will refuse to acknowledge the fact of course. It’s the Kickback way. :)

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No pretending necessary. Amankwaa is good, as will be proven over the course of the season. Though many who have already nailed their colours to the mast will refuse to acknowledge the fact of course. It’s the Kickback way. :)

Absolute dribble. The boys had opportunities to show what he can do a few times now and has come up short every single time. If he rocked up at a Sunday league game he wouldn't look out of place.

2 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

Absolute dribble. The boys had opportunities to show what he can do a few times now and has come up short every single time. If he rocked up at a Sunday league game he wouldn't look out of place.

With all due respect I disagree. I was one of his biggest detractors last season. He was unfit, and looked terrified. Different player altogether on Sunday. Wish more people were able to see it. Never mind.

14 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I would have to say the jury is massively out on him.

interesting people thought he was ok on Sunday whereas i though he was slow and looked disinterested.

Anyway hope Clare can do the business as god knows we need him in the team.

Edited by Jamboelite

From the footage I’ve seen of Clare, him through the middle is the closest thing we’ll get to Naismith. Looks like he can pick the ball up deep and drive us forward too.Desperately missed that on Sunday.

The Old Tolbooth

I'd put Clare up front with McLean as he can't play up top on his own, he needs to feed off someone, put Garruccio at left back and have Mitchell left wing, with Morrison on the other wing and get at them down the flanks, give them something to worry about rather than us having to worry about them. Any combination of Djoum, Bozanic, Lee, or Cochrane in the middle of the park would work for us too I reckon. 

1 hour ago, larbert_jambo said:

He's a bit of an unknown so if he's starts Hibs won't have much to go on for pre match preparation.

Suspect it will go line this:

Lennon: Marvin, hit him. 

Bartley: grunt

Lennon: if he tries to get up, hit him again

Bartley: grunt

43 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

With all due respect I disagree. I was one of his biggest detractors last season. He was unfit, and looked terrified. Different player altogether on Sunday. Wish more people were able to see it. Never mind.

He did look better on Sunday but still for someone with pace I’ve never seen him beat a man. He has a good touch and control but always seems to turn back and slow the game down. Hope I’m wrong but don’t think he’s suited to our game. 

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

I would have to say the jury is massively out on him.

interesting people thought he was ok on Sunday whereas i though he was slow and looked disinterested.

Anyway hope Clare can do the business as god knows we need him in the team.

Yip. All about opinions I suppose. He’s no Stevie Naismith, but I thought he did really well when he came on personally. Unfortunately we do t have anyone else in the squad who brings what Naismith does to a game, and that’s the other stuff besides his footballing skills.

23 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yip. All about opinions I suppose. He’s no Stevie Naismith, but I thought he did really well when he came on personally. Unfortunately we do t have anyone else in the squad who brings what Naismith does to a game, and that’s the other stuff besides his footballing skills.

I think Wighton could have the skills but not the tenacity, unfortunately.  Hope he reads this and proves me wrong (re the tenacity bit).

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think Wighton could have the skills but not the tenacity, unfortunately.  Hope he reads this and proves me wrong (re the tenacity bit).

Fair point. Also if you don't have that you'll just get knocked off the ball anytime he has it. Pretty much 50/50 he'll make it I reckon

Clare has had no pre-season and is not fully match fit - this I totally acknowledge.  I do hope he can get up to speed because in the limited time he has played he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is going to meet the sensational reputation he came with.

The Derby would be the place to show us what you can do Sean.

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Clare has had no pre-season and is not fully match fit - this I totally acknowledge.  I do hope he can get up to speed because in the limited time he has played he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is going to meet the sensational reputation he came with.

I think we have to plan to get a strong 60 minutes out of him, and then replace him with Cochrane. Regardless of anything else, both those guys need game time.

It's time for the squad to step up and i believe we have enough forward thinking players in midfield to cover the loss of Naismith's contribution.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Think he will link up well with Amankwaa. Morrison will be an important player tomorrow imo.

Amankwaa is horrific. Offers absolutely nothing. 

I really hope I am wrong but can’t see it. 

Edited by Gavsy Van Gaverson

15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

:thumbs_up:

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think we have to plan to get a strong 60 minutes out of him, and then replace him with Cochrane. Regardless of anything else, both those guys need game time.

It's time for the squad to step up and i believe we have enough forward thinking players in midfield to cover the loss of Naismith's contribution.

Sorry for being a pessimist but losing our best player and Talisman is impossible to cover IMO.

1 minute ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

Amankwaa is horrific. Offers absolutely nothing.

I just can't believe that because this guy ran around the park some on here think he can make a positive contribution to the team. He has played quite a few games for us and he looks like a lost wee boy on the park. He is certainly not the fall guy for the disaster that was Sunday, however he should be nowhere near our team - I would rather have young McDonald than him.