Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Looked nervous understandably. Some game to come in to for your debut though! Talk about thrown in at the deep end.

Definitely thrown in at the deep end and definitely not match fit. I think this 35 minute debut will do him the world of good and I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

When we were at the ‘Evening with Steven Naismith’ a couple of weeks ago, he spoke about being fit but not match fit and how it can be a detriment to your game. 

That'll be Sean Clare right now. He probably feels fit as a fiddle, but he’s gonna need time to get that sharpness back. Hopefully see some of him on Tuesday too. 

Some nice touches and slipped a lovely pass into the Dons box near the end of the game.

Fairly languid, but I think that’s his style. Looking forward to seeing more of him. 

22 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Craig Levein just said that Clare couldn't believe the tempo of the game.

Where did he say that Colin? Would be interested to hear Leviens thoughts on him ??

18 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Where did he say that Colin? Would be interested to hear Leviens thoughts on him ??

Hearts TV post match.

Putting him on the left hand side gave Aberdeen something else to think about on the other side of the pitch, which helped given they were overloading our right hand side. I actually thought it stalled Aberdeen slightly. Good sub from Levein.

Edited by jambogaza

18 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Putting him on the left hand side gave Aberdeen something else to think about on the other side of the pitch, which helped given they were overloading our right hand side. I actually thought it stalled Aberdeen slightly. Good sub from Levein.

Some of us do not see such things.

Will be better for the game.

On 18/10/2018 at 09:06, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Really ? A do know we spent over our budget to sign sean Clare so I thought we'd more have to balance the books with outgoing 

We did go over budget to sign him, but have probably had, and will probably continue to have, bigger home crowds than budgeted for, and have also made it through to a cup semifinal that will almost certainly be worth well in excess of half a million to the club, so I think we'll have balanced the books and then some already. I'd be very surprised if there's any problem with making funds available to bring one or two more players in in January, particularly if there are any areas where we're struggling due to injuries (central defence being an obvious area of concern right now, with Berra and Souttar both out). I don't expect lots of signings, or signings simply for the sake of adding numbers, but I think we'll see one or two others, along with Vanacek, coming in in January to bolster what will hopefully still be a genuinely plausible title challenge at that point. 

1 hour ago, Old Castle Rock said:

He is going to need 6/7 games to get match fit 

Are you kidding me?

you think we’re top of the league and give this guy 6 games to figure out what country he’s in? P

I’ve seen so many games in England played at the pace he was ready for.

He needs to shape up on Tuesday, imo  - or ship out

4 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Are you kidding me?

you think we’re top of the league and give this guy 6 games to figure out what country he’s in? P

Parallel universe alert 

Who else do you think should be shipped out? 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Are you kidding me?

:cornette: x 20 billion!

Think we'll find out this lad can play a bit and pass to a maroon shirt more often than not. Confident with a nice smattering  of arrogance. Much more to come.

10 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Are you kidding me?

Joke, presumably?

I imagine CL wanted to get him some game time and he got a good half hour or so.

He certainly looked keen enough and done well to win  a penalty.

I don't doubt there's far more to come from him.

Could it be the management are trying to give him minutes on the pitch, in case he's needed, given the run of games we've got coming up?

39 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Are you kidding me?

Wish I knew if this was a serious post or not ?

50 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Are you kidding me?

? ?Good one! 

54 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Are you kidding me?

Cocktail hour in DC or subtle dig at nappy rashers.

Look how long it's taken Djoume to get up to speed again, even Naismith is twice the player who started for us. I think Clare has that exciting unknown about him and will relish giving it a go.

He's come off the bench, won a penalty and, for me, he's shown much more positive signs than negative. Did he look rusty? Sure. Is that a reason to write him off? Absolutely not.

He needs time to settle in. From first glance I'd certainly rather have him in our squad than in one of our rivals'.

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, armstrong said:

He's come off the bench, won a penalty and, for me, he's shown much more positive signs than negative. Did he look rusty? Sure. Is that a reason to write him off? Absolutely not.

He needs time to settle in. From first glance I'd certainly rather have him in our squad than in one of our rivals'.

This. He looks like a really good acquisition. 

Yes, this is not the English 3rd tier. 

Scotland's premier league takes nuts, fitness and some skill.

Give this lad 5-6 games and he'll be a star. Levein knows it, his former manager knows it, by Xmas he could be top dog In the team (if Naisy says so) ?

Showed nice composure on the edge of the box on one or two occasions and made the right decisions - ring rusty but saw enough hints that he will be great for us. He's young and looks fit so it won't take long before he's up to match speed. 

11 hours ago, Paul Allen said:

Thought he looked well off the pace when he came on today.

Not surprising considering the length of time he's been out. The game was also 100mph, would've been tough for anybody.

12 hours ago, kila said:

He was rusty and lacked confidence but he'll get there. Some good glimpses today.

Probably didn't help being played wide left when he is a right sided player but needs must I suppose.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Probably didn't help being played wide left when he is a right sided player but needs must I suppose.

Hardly got the ball. Mostly a spectator out left. Will be different when he gets ball to feet to run at defences. 

14 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

Are you kidding me?

:lol::lol::lol:

The Future's Maroon
14 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

Are you kidding me?

WTF ?

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hardly got the ball. Mostly a spectator out left. Will be different when he gets ball to feet to run at defences. 

Difficult to come into a game as frenetic as this one was and make an impression. He obviously needs games to try and get up to speed.

He is just back after a foot operation and having missed  pre-season training so it will not happen overnight.

Even by Scottish football standards, that game was really frantic. Difficult to come straight out the fridge into a game like it. On his  wrong side too. He was asked to do a job yesterday. Give the lad a chance. Far too early to be judging him in any case 

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, jambogaza said:

Yip. 

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

Are you kidding me?

Tbh, I think he should be shipped out now. 

He didn't score yesterday, so why should he get another chance? He's done nothing for us, so why should we be patient with him?