• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

14 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Sorry on the wrong thread thought this thread was about sean clare no Milinkovic 

Ah, okay, I see where the confusion has arisen. Sean Clare looks on course to be ready and up to speed between now and the January transfer window. That was discussed in great detail and in lieu of any new information about him, many of us who are capable of joined up thinking then related this point to the fact Berra should return around the same time. This will also be about the same time as big David Vanacek should arrive and Budge said recently that money will be available to Levein in January should he require it. What happened next was the real mind-bender though... I just happened to mention that I would like to take a chance on Milinkovic on loan come January.

Its a really difficult thread of conversation to follow Kimo, so I understand how it has bamboozled you somewhat. Hopefully this post can act as a treasure map to help guide you through the impenetrable maze that is a simple conversation pattern.

In the meantime, have you any new information regarding Sean Clare? I for one would love to hear it. ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Ah, okay, I see where the confusion has arisen. Sean Clare looks on course to be ready and up to speed between now and the January transfer window. That was discussed in great detail and in lieu of any new information about him, many of us who are capable of joined up thinking then related this point to the fact Berra should return around the same time. This will also be about the same time as big David Vanacek should arrive and Budge said recently that money will be available to Levein in January should he require it. What happened next was the real mind-bender though... I just happened to mention that I would like to take a chance on Milinkovic on loan come January.

Its a really difficult thread of conversation to follow Kimo, so I understand how it has bamboozled you somewhat. Hopefully this post can act as a treasure map to help guide you through the impenetrable maze that is a simple conversation pattern.

In the meantime, have you any new information regarding Sean Clare? I for one would love to hear it. ?

When did Mrs budge say money would be available in January? 

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

When did Mrs budge say money would be available in January? 

Read it in a news article in the last couple of weeks. I’ll try and find it. 

I’d take Skinny back in Jan on loan if he was cheap. He’s a decent squad player and clearly Edinburgh did him good. He through the toys out the pram over wages but I can forgive a little. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Really ? A do know we spent over our budget to sign sean Clare so I thought we'd more have to balance the books with outgoing 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, kila said:

I’d take Skinny back in Jan on loan if he was cheap. He’s a decent squad player and clearly Edinburgh did him good. He through the toys out the pram over wages but I can forgive a little. 

No thanks , sean Clare will hopefully make that position his own 

15 minutes ago, kila said:

I can’t!! Let him rot in the hull reserves!! If he’s even good enough for that team?

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I can’t!! Let him rot in the hull reserves!! If he’s even good enough for that team?

Agreed,

He had his chance, silly boy. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Exactly, we've got Clare to come into our team and wouldn't be putting him in front the likes of Morrison, McDonald, mulraney or wighton !! He made his bed so can lay on it

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly, we've got Clare to come into our team and wouldn't be putting him in front the likes of Morrison, McDonald, mulraney or wighton !! He made his bed so can lay on it

Bang on Selkirk!!

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Correct .. she said it also in the TV interview when she was asked to respond to the Celtic assertion that Murrayfield gave Hearts a home advantage.  When asked were Hearts going to add to numbers in January she said "Craig fully understands our financial position and if he were to ask for support to strenghthen an area of the team I know that he needs it.  I trust him and would have no hesitation therefore at putting this to the Board"

1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Any ideas if hes played any reserve games? Can’t imagine his fitness will be too far off now

Nope none not even on the bench 

2 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Recent events (injuries) could hasten his inclusion maybe even to first team squad at least.

I doubt it. He’s not even been on the bench for the reserves yet. He’s nowhere near match fitness.

1 minute ago, heartmussel said:

Recent events (injuries) could hasten his inclusion maybe even to first team squad at least.

Thought the same. Get him on the bench for Saturday. Depending on how it goes, give him some game time. 

1 hour ago, Colin Sked said:

Correct .. she said it also in the TV interview when she was asked to respond to the Celtic assertion that Murrayfield gave Hearts a home advantage.  When asked were Hearts going to add to numbers in January she said "Craig fully understands our financial position and if he were to ask for support to strenghthen an area of the team I know that he needs it.  I trust him and would have no hesitation therefore at putting this to the Board"

Thanks Colin. Knew I’d read it somewhere.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd forgot about Wighton. We have a big squad eh. Hopefully the Clare boy ready sooner rather than later for a wee boost. Injuries we have had over the last 24 months have been rotten.

Gene Parmesan
7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I doubt it. He’s not even been on the bench for the reserves yet. He’s nowhere near match fitness.

Levein says he's now close to match fitness and will play some part on Saturday.

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Levein says he's now close to match fitness and will play some part on Saturday.

Fair enough, I didn’t know that ??

I was under the impression that he was still quite a bit away.

I couldnt see Clare taking part in our next 3 matches but he might get pushed into it with the new Uche is out for 5 months.

He'll be on the bench on Saturday at the very least.

Shanks said no

Will be absolutely astonished if he is on the bench on Saturday. Not even played a reserve game in 6 months and would go completely against Craig’s aim of easing him in when he is ready.

18 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Will be absolutely astonished if he is on the bench on Saturday. Not even played a reserve game in 6 months and would go completely against Craig’s aim of easing him in when he is ready.

Dont why levein has reason to say he will be involved saturday if thats not to be the case

Shanks said no
20 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Dont why levein has reason to say he will be involved saturday if thats not to be the case

Apologies, should have read full thread. Still very surprised the first kick of a ball in a competitive match in 6 months might be against Aberdeen, unless we are 4 up

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

We would be as well starting him now and getting some game time out of him before he receives his 6 month long injury next week at training.

The Old Tolbooth

No harm in giving him a bit game time for the last 20 against the sheep, ease him in gently, his game time doesn't have to come for the reserves to get him up to speed really. 

5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

No harm in giving him a bit game time for the last 20 against the sheep, ease him in gently, his game time doesn't have to come for the reserves to get him up to speed really. 

Nae Nae lad it's not broken so no need for panic measures.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

Nae Nae lad it's not broken so no need for panic measures.

Aye but he has to step in at some point, and the more "opshuns" for the semi and the derby, the better ;)

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Whats the point of the reserve league setup if its not to help ease injured players back in?

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Whats the point of the reserve league setup if its not to help ease injured players back in?

Yes, I agree, but it's up to the manager to suss this out, and if he thinks Clare is ready to be chucked into the first team, then I'm not going to argue with him. 

Levein will know that Clare’s involvement will give everyone a boost after today’s horrendous injury news. I’m sure he will still ease him into game time some what but his attitude towards getting him into the side will definitely have changed given this disastrous development earlier. Clare is going to be a pivotal player for our season now. 

1 minute ago, magicTs said:

Levein will know that Clare’s involvement will give everyone a boost after today’s horrendous injury news. I’m sure he will still ease him into game time some what but his attitude towards getting him into the side will definitely have changed given this disastrous development earlier. Clare is going to be a pivotal player for our season now. 

We have a few injuries but are pretty well of for cover and good cover at that,and makes the rotation easier to handle.imo

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Folk are talking about Godinho I’m damn sure he is every bit as fit as him,not talking about straight in I’m talking about squad.Whether or not he is ready I’m sure Wighton and midfield and defence can be shuffled to get round this setback.

14 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

We have a few injuries but are pretty well of for cover and good cover at that,and makes the rotation easier to handle.imo

?

rudi must stay
41 minutes ago, magicTs said:

He'll be involved at some point on Saturday. Wonder if he's starting I think he might be.. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He'll be involved at some point on Saturday. Wonder if he's starting I think he might be.. 

On bench and was told this on Monday 

Clares a tall laddie but I wonder if he has enough physicality to do a similar role to Uche up front? I know he's an attacking midfielder but if he can finish well enough maybe he could cover Maclean when needed?

I thought he looked slightly nervous. 

He did, though, get us a penalty and made a couple of nice passes

He got involved and showed some touches of quality but he wasn't amazing, if that makes sense.

He'll need time to get used to the mayhem of Scottish football. Promising start IMO.

We needed him today despite him not being match fit or even fit. Baptism of fire today and it gave him a flavour of what we are about. 

Edited by Dannie Boy