Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

15 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

People need to realise that pre-season is not just about being fit enough to play 90 minutes, there is match fitness where they are up to speed mentally, reacting to quick enough etc. In pre-season you play quite a few matches to get that part up sorted. We dont have that number of reserve games at the moment. Hence why it may take longer, and with Levein only wanting to play him when ready it the prediction of January until we see him fully ready is not as crazy as it sounds. I think we will see him play reserve games by the end of the month, probably first team debut in November.

In addition, I guess that part of the point about pre-season training is that although it is tough, you are doing it with your team mates. Doing it on your own might not be so easy.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

18 hours ago, Jammy T said:

That’s bullshit thought isn’t it:

1. Clare 

2. Cochrane getting fully fit 

3. Vanacek in Jan

4. Berra returning

Four players to come in in or before January that will increase the quality of our team let alone squad.

I'm excited about Clare but we've yet to see him in action yet. 

Cochrane is still a young lad and can't be relied on

Vanacek, Same as Clare. 

Berra will be a boost but we will need to see how he is after that injury (he's getting on a bit now)

Very negative from me, i know lol but all valid thoughts imo. 

We've got some hard games coming up now and we need to 'step up to the plate'

I'm also a bit concerned that Naismith is going to be run into the ground and end up injured. 

Edited by Top Corner

2 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Vanacek, Same as Clare. 

Berra will be a boost but we will need to see how he is after that injury (he's getting on a bit now)

Once we get the next 5 games out the way which is probably the hardest ones of the season with players coming back berra and new ones too come in I'm quietly confident we can kick on and be a real force competition is healthy ?if we could win say 4 out the next 5 we play we will be doing incredibly well with a couple of clean sheets to go along with it I believe.

2 hours ago, El Diez said:

I don’t think Vanacek has been overhyped?

I have read people stating they’re excited to have what seems to be a natural striker added to the squad, and should Uche be injured again we’ll be in a better position to cope.

*Maclean and Naismith done perfectly well in Uches absence but we do need another option up front imo.

I’ve seen him put in loads of people’s best 11s on various threads. All probably based on his YouTube video.

Hope they both do really well but as others have said, a couple of ropey games and folk on here start writing players off.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Merely on the basis that people are putting him in "their" team without ever seeing him play. You know what the Tynecastle crowd is like for young players - unforgiving. Seems like he's going to have to score a hattrick and get 2 assists on his debut or some people will be disappointed...

Only roasters

22 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Where is this myth of Naismith being shite last season coming from?

He’s better this season but he wasn’t shite last season.

He only really started looking impressive towards the end of the season in my opinion. 

I wouldnt say he was shite but nearer the start I was definitely questioning whether he was worth the money.  He proved that he was by the season end though and he seems to have picked up right where he left off.  

1 hour ago, By the light said:

I’ve seen him put in loads of people’s best 11s on various threads. All probably based on his YouTube video.

Hope they both do really well but as others have said, a couple of ropey games and folk on here start writing players off.

Again, I haven’t seen this but if it has happened people are likely doing so on the noises coming from the club.

I have read Levein saying he’s excited about Vanecek. That’s where any hype comes from. For example, had Levein stated he needs to come in and fight for his place and needs to take his opportunity etc, like he did with say Burns, how many people would be putting him in their starting xi?

The fans on here are feeding off comment from within the club re Clare and Vanecek.

Similar was said on Oshaniwa so I’ll keep quiet until I see both in the flesh.

However, in both cases, it’s wrong to say the fans are guilty of ‘overhyping’, IMO.

Edited by El Diez

2 hours ago, El Diez said:

Again, I haven’t seen this but if it has happened people are likely doing so on the noises coming from the club.

I have read Levein saying he’s excited about Vanecek. That’s where any hype comes from. For example, had Levein stated he needs to come in and fight for his place and needs to take his opportunity etc, like he did with say Burns, how many people would be putting him in their starting xi?

The fans on here are feeding off comment from within the club re Clare and Vanecek.

Similar was said on Oshaniwa so I’ll keep quiet until I see both in the flesh.

However, in both cases, it’s wrong to say the fans are guilty of ‘overhyping’, IMO.

Ditto Dauda and El Hassanoui (sp) TBH

6 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

Any news on this lad being in the squad for the weekend? 

According to recent CL interview Mr Clare is still some weeks away.

But, But you never know???????

14 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

Any news on this lad being in the squad for the weekend? 

If Smith is suspended and Souttar is injured he might come in at RWB with Dikamona going into centre back?

Hard to see him play in the first team without a couple of reserve outings unless we have serious selection problems. Patience is a virtue. 

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:57, Top Corner said:

Vanacek, Same as Clare. 

I'm also a bit concerned that Naismith is going to be run into the ground and end up injured. 

Hopefully Naisy gets his 50th cap in the next game....then gracefully retires from International football to focus on Hearts.

42 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hopefully Naisy gets his 50th cap in the next game....then gracefully retires from International football to focus on Hearts.

I think Naismith came to Hearts to get more Scotland caps. He's always been open about wanting to get in the team.

While injury is a risk, I think its great that we players representing the country.  

1 minute ago, I.T.K said:

I think Naismith came to Hearts to get more Scotland caps. He's always been open about wanting to get in the team.

While injury is a risk, I think its great that we players representing the country.  

He thought his Scotland days were over.  The primary reason he came to Hearts was to move his family back to Scotland, and play regular football.  Hearts were his best option - winning more caps was a bonus for him.

Edited by Thomaso

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not sure if Craig is holding the cards close to his chest on this one. He has now had a month with us, a setback in there, who knows. Get beat on Saturday, he will be at Dundee.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We'll see Dave but wouldn't surprise me at all 

He's not played any football for months and the manager has said he's still a bit away from playing 

Captain Sausage

Everything I hear about him is positive, expecting big things over his contract but won’t be overly upset if he takes a few matches to get up to speed. 

Craig obviously biding his time before unleashing SC on the league. Maybe save it til we’ve got the league wrapped up in November. 

20 minutes ago, andydog said:

Presumably he'll get a run out in a reserve game before the first team. Next reserve game is 29 October according to the spfl website.

Given that I had hoped we might be arranging a closed door game or two for the likes of him and Cochrane who likely need some game time before being seriously considered for first team minutes. 

The Future's Maroon

i think we’re in such a strong position squad wise we don’t need to rush him, I trust Craig’s decision to be patient....fans need to be also at times.

I get this totally unfounded hunch that we might see at least one more good player come in in January too. I can’t shake the feeling that it might be Milinkovic... based on no ITK evidence whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nope. Agent(and him) tried to pull our pants down over money.

He can spend his bench money, having days out at Beverley Racecourse, or The Deep, instead. 

I’d take him back on loan in a heartbeat. Our current squad bolstered with the returns of Berra and Cochrane, and Clare coming in, plus Vanacek, plus Milinkovic would make me very excited about what was possible this season.

14 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I keep logging on to this thread hoping to read something about Sean Clare.

Nightmare. The related direction the conversation has taken about strengthening the squad must be causing real anguish. :lol:

:thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I’d take him back on loan in a heartbeat. Our current squad bolstered with the returns of Berra and Cochrane, and Clare coming in, plus Vanacek, plus Milinkovic would make me very excited about what was possible this season.

Milinkovic wasn't that good. 

jimmy the jambo

I've a wee feeling he'll be playing in the friendly at Linlithgow next week and then the reserve game the following week against St Johnstone,It's definitely baby steps and he'll be fit and ready for the first team in December or January.

12 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Milinkovic wasn't that good. 

He was, but then you are entitled to your opinion. Milinkovic added to what we will have as a squad by January would be an unbelievable position to be in for the run in.

2 hours ago, 12XU said:

Milinkovic - no thanks - bang average on his day and a flop so far in England - we have moved on 

This

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He was, but then you are entitled to your opinion. Milinkovic added to what we will have as a squad by January would be an unbelievable position to be in for the run in.

He wasn't bad either, just not as good as some made out. 

Folk were rating him above Naismith for example. 

He'd still add something, but we are a better team  without him and he wouldn't be value for us or happy at being a bit part player. 

Morrison, MacDonald can flit in and put when needed. Clare still to come and Mulraney is also an option. 

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

He wasn't bad either, just not as good as some made out. 

Folk were rating him above Naismith for example. 

He'd still add something, but we are a better team  without him and he wouldn't be value for us or happy at being a bit part player. 

Morrison, MacDonald can flit in and put when needed. Clare still to come and Mulraney is also an option. 

I disagree. He was an excellent player for us. If he’d stayed he’d have went on to achieve cult status and would have had the potential for legend status, imo. We are not a better team without him either. He would enhance our squad considerably, and his skill and industry would win us games when we needed something different... a different key to a stubborn lock. That game v Livingston for example; I’d have loved to have had Milinkovic sitting on the bench ready to come on against that defence.

Not getting involved in the better than Naismith debate as I’m not wanting him instead of Naismith. I want a strong squad full of players who bring something different to the team and Milinkovic does that. MacDonald has done nothing to suggest he is as good as Milinkovic yet. He may go on to, but right now, if we were struggling to break down a stubborn defence in a game where three points kept us top of the league and we had young Anthony and Skinny sitting next to each other in the dugout, it’s not a difficult decision as to who you motion to get stripped.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I disagree. He was an excellent player for us. If he’d stayed he’d have went on to achieve cult status and would have had the potential for legend status, imo. We are not a better team without him either. He would enhance our squad considerably, and his skill and industry would win us games when we needed something different... a different key to a stubborn lock. That game v Livingston for example; I’d have loved to have had Milinkovic sitting on the bench ready to come on against that defence.

Not getting involved in the better than Naismith debate as I’m not wanting him instead of Naismith. I want a strong squad full of players who bring something different to the team and Milinkovic does that. MacDonald has done nothing to suggest he is as good as Milinkovic yet. He may go on to, but right now, if we were struggling to break down a stubborn defence in a game where three points kept us top of the league and we had young Anthony and Skinny sitting next to each other in the dugout, it’s not a difficult decision as to who you motion to get stripped.

Maybe aye, maybe naw. 

Milinkovic had a couple of Belters but also had a allot of poor games. 

I guess, what I'm saying is that if he's one of our best players, it means we wouldn't have a very good team. 

As an option from the bench and as part of the squad, he'd be a great option but I don't think he'd represent value for money and wouldn't be happy being a rotation player at Hearts. 

We're a better team without him and I wouldn't have him as a starter just now, and that's without dv and clare included as I can't judge them. 

Not glad he's gone, but I'm glad that players of his quality aren't seen as the best we have, means we are improving as a team. 

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Maybe aye, maybe naw. 

Milinkovic had a couple of Belters but also had a allot of poor games. 

I guess, what I'm saying is that if he's one of our best players, it means we wouldn't have a very good team. 

As an option from the bench and as part of the squad, he'd be a great option but I don't think he'd represent value for money and wouldn't be happy being a rotation player at Hearts. 

We're a better team without him and I wouldn't have him as a starter just now, and that's without dv and clare included as I can't judge them. 

Not glad he's gone, but I'm glad that players of his quality aren't seen as the best we have, means we are improving as a team. 

Never seen him have a poor game myself. 

Your analogy is wrong imo. He would be one of our best players still, despite how strong our squad is compared to last season. 

I get @Barack‘s opinion on him, and the way he left. I totally understand that. I’m not about to start convincing myself he wasn’t a very good player though. He is different to anything else we have in our current squad, and I for one love watching players like him. We don’t see enough of them these days and when we do land one, I want them to hang around. 

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Never seen him have a poor game myself. 

Your analogy is wrong imo. He would be one of our best players still, despite how strong our squad is compared to last season. 

I get @Barack‘s opinion on him, and the way he left. I totally understand that. I’m not about to start convincing myself he wasn’t a very good player though. He is different to anything else we have in our current squad, and I for one love watching players like him. We don’t see enough of them these days and when we do land one, I want them to hang around. 

Fair doos, but I Constantly said he wasn't that good, I'm sticking by it. I never just changed my mind because he left us. 

Bang average player who had a couple of good games for us. 

Wouldn't be bothered if he rejoined us, just like I wasn't bothered he left. 

For the money he's on, we can do better, imo we have and will. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I get this totally unfounded hunch that we might see at least one more good player come in in January too. I can’t shake the feeling that it might be Milinkovic... based on no ITK evidence whatsoever.

I think the January window will be the first one in a long time where we wont need to make signings.We have Vanecek coming in but that was already sorted. So it means that we can go afford to pick up a opportunistic signing, if we wanted.

Milinkovic was great for us while he was here. He provided something different. To what we had and still would. He was direct, and worked like a trooper. Why not try and see if we can add him on loan in Jan? Bet he'd fancy coming back even if just on loan. Cult hero here. And not getting a game down south. Be a great option to have.

SC I don't think will be risked in a reserve game. I've been at a few and seen the way our first team players are treated. Other teams kids seem to be trying to gain street credit off their mates by kicking our top reserves or players coming back from injury.

but very much looking forward to seeing SC, fancy this could end up being a deal similar to Celtic getting dembele for a development fee

6 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You are correct.  So correct in fact that some of the Hibs supporters who contribute to this forum are considerably chastened by the prospect. 

One indeed is "concerned" that Naismith will be burnt out.  He will be right of course if he's projecting through to 2025 or so.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think the January window will be the first one in a long time where we wont need to make signings.We have Vanecek coming in but that was already sorted. So it means that we can go afford to pick up a opportunistic signing, if we wanted.

Totally agree with you , the worry I've got for January is clubs coming in for our players 

41 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Totally agree with you , the worry I've got for January is clubs coming in for our players 

Given the way we have dealt with the last two transfer windows, I have little concern, look how we dealt with the loss of McLaughlin, Milinkovic, Adao then Lafferty and Berra

And that's coming from a fan that thought we brought in "squad filler" before the league kicked off