Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

Anyone able to provide an update on his fitness really looking forward to seeing him in the famous maroon and white 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

I don’t think we will see him anywhere near his best until after the winter break.  I’m really excited to see him play though.  Some coup from what I’ve heard. 

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I don’t think we will see him anywhere near his best until after the winter break.  I’m really excited to see him play though.  Some coup from what I’ve heard. 

Why would it take him until nearly February to be up to speed?

15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why would it take him until nearly February to be up to speed?

Because of a major op in March, hope this helps.

Won't be at his best until next season.

And anyone who wants to argue with me on this need only look at the difference in Naismith from last season between January and seasons end and how he is now.

No player gets to 100% in a season if they miss pre season as well as a few months at the start. They will be playing catch up until the summer.

EastSideJambo
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

And anyone who wants to argue with me on this need only look at the difference in Naismith from last season between January and seasons end and how he is now.

No player gets to 100% in a season if they miss pre season as well as a few months at the start. They will be playing catch up until the summer.

Close the thread on that basis 

9 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Because of a major op in March, hope this helps.

No it doesn’t. He said himself that he is almost ready so another 3 and a half months is an extremely negative assessment. I would expect him to make a serious impact before December. 

6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

You simply cannot compare a 22 year old and a 32 year year old for recovery time or lack a pre season. Clare also looks a more naturally athletic person than Naismith.

6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Better just not playing him until next season then when he will definitely be 100% as you seem to think there is no chance he can achieve that this season. 

I would say every player is different and Sean may well recover quicker and get up to speed quicker than Naismith did. 

Looking forward to seeing him in action. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No it doesn’t. He said himself that he is almost ready so another 3 and a half months is an extremely negative assessment. I would expect him to make a serious impact before December. 

Well lets hope so, in Levein I trust.....

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You simply cannot compare a 22 year old and a 32 year year old for recovery time or lack a pre season. Clare also looks a more naturally athletic person than Naismith.

I'm not comparing. It's just how it is.

I'm not saying he won't play or won't make an impact once he does finally get on the pitch. But what I am saying is we won't see his absolute best until next season.

The Future's Maroon
15 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Kaboom, discussion over.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Probably right, he won't be at his "best" until next season, but hopefully he can still add something to the squad sooner rather than later and I think he will. 

You just said that on an other reply. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

I love all the assumptions here. No one knows if he is fit, any good or ready to play. Luckily with have a good management team who know better than us.

We have apparently bent over backwards to get him here so that builds expectations. 

Like any of our signings this year no one really knows how it will work. Let's just get right behind him regardless if sets the heather on fire straight away or not.

There’s no reason why the fitness coaches wont be putting him through a “pre-season” programme if he needs one. You dont have to wait until June to get a player fit!

18 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I'm not comparing. It's just how it is.

I'm not saying he won't play or won't make an impact once he does finally get on the pitch. But what I am saying is we won't see his absolute best until next season.

A 22 year old can go through major surgery and be fully fit a lot quicker than an older player. I think he will make a big impact. My opinion only of course.

I suppose one way of looking at it is we will be getting an injection of "new blood" after the break when injuries and suspensions are starting to kick in.

41 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Won't be at his best until next No player gets to 100% in a season if they miss pre season as well as a few months at the start. They will be playing catch up until the summer.

That will be why he's on a pre-season training schedule just now.  

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
35 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

There’s no reason why the fitness coaches wont be putting him through a “pre-season” programme if he needs one. You dont have to wait until June to get a player fit!

no mate pre-season is a mystical period in the calendar year where only certain things can happen 

it's just how it is

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
57 minutes ago, Bauld said:

naismiths performances at the end of last season were every bit as good including running the derby able assisted by young harry

it was almost like his fitness greatly improved between the months of January and May 

Where is this myth of Naismith being shite last season coming from?

He’s better this season but he wasn’t shite last season.

Edited by Jammy T

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Where is this myth of Naismith being shite last season coming from?

He’s better this season but he wasn’t shite last season.

Never said he was. It is about gradual improvement followed by the massive improvement after the summer.

During a season your fitness training is always interrupted by tactical training and preparation for the next game.

This thread says it all for me. We need a right good boost to keep us challenging and Clare is all we have at the minute. 

The Rangers game was a big wakeup call. 

Bring on the January Window

Edited by Top Corner

36 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

This thread says it all for me. We need a right good boost to keep us challenging and Clare is all we have at the minute. 

The rangers game was an example of a bad day at the office.

If we go on to lose the next 2 then we can start worrying but at the moment we have had a bad day and we just have to raise our standards again and try get ourselves back on track.

The_razors_edge
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

The rangers game was an example of a bad day at the office.

If we go on to lose the next 2 then we can start worrying but at the moment we have had a bad day and we just have to raise our standards again and try get ourselves back on track.

Indeed. Losing is one thing. How you react to that defeat is something different entirely. I fully expect Aberdeen to be on the end of a positive reaction 

2 hours ago, Top Corner said:

That’s bullshit thought isn’t it:

1. Clare 

2. Cochrane getting fully fit 

3. Vanacek in Jan

4. Berra returning

Four players to come in in or before January that will increase the quality of our team let alone squad.

Edited by Jammy T

53 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Those 4 potential first 11 picks 

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

1. Clare 

3. Vanacek in Jan

4. Berra returning

Four players to come in in or before January that will increase the quality of our team let alone squad.

Agree get  one more winger in on loan David ? maybe and a left back to challenge garrucio and we are sorted.

Edited by Bongo 1874

54 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Agree get  one more winger in on loan David ? maybe and a left back to challenge garrucio and we are sorted.

Garuccio would have to be in the starting line up to be challenged for his place. Think him and Mitchell is enough for LB especially considering we have Brandon who can cover there and the players now to play a back three.

jamboinglasgow

People need to realise that pre-season is not just about being fit enough to play 90 minutes, there is match fitness where they are up to speed mentally, reacting to quick enough etc. In pre-season you play quite a few matches to get that part up sorted. We dont have that number of reserve games at the moment. Hence why it may take longer, and with Levein only wanting to play him when ready it the prediction of January until we see him fully ready is not as crazy as it sounds. I think we will see him play reserve games by the end of the month, probably first team debut in November.

29 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Garuccio would have to be in the starting line up to be challenged for his place. Think him and Mitchell is enough for LB especially considering we have Brandon who can cover there and the players now to play a back three.

Mitchell should be moved to left midfield were he plays best garuccio back at left back is my thinking 

StevenNaismith

I’m led to believe he’s been doing a mini pre season fitness programme over the last couple of weeks to get him up to speed. 

4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Only played 2 league games for Hull, you never know....

Confidence is a big factor in a player returning from long term injury. Being able to trust that running full out or going hard into challenges will not set you back again. No doubt his physical fitness will be getting there but match fitness is harder to assess. But he is a talent and even at a bit less than 100% he may still be used from the bench and influence games, until it is clear he is ready physically and mentally to start, it will be managed and monitored with a few reserve outings first. We are all excited and impatient but he will be eased in.

46 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Beginning to fear this lad has been ridiculously overhyped. Hope the Tynecastle crowd go easy on him...

I’m thinking the same with Vanacek too

15 hours ago, Jammy T said:

1. Clare 

3. Vanacek in Jan

4. Berra returning

Either Godinho or Brandon to potentially come in as well. Arguably both better options than Michael Smith if they hit top form.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Beginning to fear this lad has been ridiculously overhyped. Hope the Tynecastle crowd go easy on him...

Why do you think that? He has had no pre season, the team had been playing well, no need to rush him in at all

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

One player who shall remain nameless told my mate this week that ‘Sean Clare is ****in dynamite’.

So any hype isn’t being exclusively served by the fans.

Edited by El Diez

33 minutes ago, By the light said:

I’m thinking the same with Vanacek too

I don’t think Vanacek has been overhyped?

I have read people stating they’re excited to have what seems to be a natural striker added to the squad, and should Uche be injured again we’ll be in a better position to cope.

*Maclean and Naismith done perfectly well in Uches absence but we do need another option up front imo.

The Future's Maroon
3 minutes ago, El Diez said:

One player who shall remain nameless told my mate this week that ‘Sean Clare is ****in dynamite’.

So any hype isn’t exclusively served by the fans.

Excellent.

Fans may have to show a little patience    due to his lengthy lay off.

Although going by how excited CL is about him and this little titbit from a fellow teammate I don’t have any fears, in fact I’m more and more excited to see him.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Im not sure how, he was very highly rated at Sheff Weds, linked to big Premiership teams, Craig’s history this summer in the transfer market has been tremendous.  

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Why do you think that? He has had no pre season, the team had been playing well, no need to rush him in at all

This. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, El Diez said:

So any hype isn’t being exclusively served by the fans.

Hope so, positive if his teammates are already impressed.

I would say that from Levein, he has sound delighted to sign him and rate him, but has been measured that only occasionally mention him at the moment until he is ready. I would also say I think the response from people on here is positive and optimistic, it is also not really hyping him up as much as he could have been which is good. I think the thing I get here is people are intrigued to see what kind of player we have and what he can do (I am the same.) As you say, we are benefiting from having a great run of wins that have shown the quality of players already playing and means we are not clutching to the hope that Vanecek and Clare are going to save the season like last season would have been.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Merely on the basis that people are putting him in "their" team without ever seeing him play. You know what the Tynecastle crowd is like for young players - unforgiving. Seems like he's going to have to score a hattrick and get 2 assists on his debut or some people will be disappointed...

Coming into a winning side will obviously help but would be tempted to make his first few appearances away games to let him built confidence and sharpness.