The Fashion Thread

Салатные палочки

Салатные палочки

....or lack of it. 

Bought anything new lately? Seen any bargains you want to tell everyone about? Needing advice on what to go for? Then stick it all in the Kickback Fashion Thread. 

I'll start the ball rolling with my latest purchase. £29 from the John Smedley outlet. 

Screenshot_20181013-152420_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3a8a2e5f98a94a88ae14d5d29633b589.jpg

Bridge of Djoum

I'm very into sneakers, (Ok, trainers) mainly adidas originals, however, recently I've branched out into newer brands...

Image result for opp france sneakers  Image result for on cloud sneakers

1st pair are OPP, a French brand, 2nd are On Cloud, Swiss.

Sawdust Caesar

ba11715-0nn_angle_1.jpg.eb343477ae55e4e32a81c02f86cac4f7.jpgmadcap-england-victor-stripe-polo-cardigan-3.thumb.jpg.d877a65446ec09cda3aae976d2b37205.jpg

I got an unexpected, smallish, windfall so treated myself to some Burgundy Bass Weejuns. And got my mod on with a 60s style cardi.

I am about 20 years too late for this. 

Though I had scruffy hair, a beard and a love for vinyl so have unwittingly became all things trendy.......i hate it

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

....or lack of it. 

Bought anything new lately? Seen any bargains you want to tell everyone about? Needing advice on what to go for? Then stick it all in the Kickback Fashion Thread. 

I'll start the ball rolling with my latest purchase. £29 from the John Smedley outlet. 

Screenshot_20181013-152420_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3a8a2e5f98a94a88ae14d5d29633b589.jpg

Is the polo woollen /cashmere like a lot of their gear? 

8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Is the polo woollen /cashmere like a lot of their gear? 

At that price probably one of their south sea cotton jobs. The wool stuff is still very much their premium line. Worth it though, timeless and very well made so lasts for years. 

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

At that price probably one of their south sea cotton jobs. The wool stuff is still very much their premium line. Worth it though, timeless and very well made so lasts for years. 

Yeah it's the sea island cotton. 

Getting more and more into knits these days. Picked up a few knitted polos in the last year. Been very impressed with M&S's merino wool polos. Also managed to pick up a cream one like Jimmy's in Quadrophenia, bigger collar on. 

40 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

ba11715-0nn_angle_1.jpg.eb343477ae55e4e32a81c02f86cac4f7.jpgmadcap-england-victor-stripe-polo-cardigan-3.thumb.jpg.d877a65446ec09cda3aae976d2b37205.jpg

I got an unexpected, smallish, windfall so treated myself to some Burgundy Bass Weejuns. And got my mod on with a 60s style cardi.

:cornette:

Edited by Ray Gin

35 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

The cardigan looks like something one of these (wise)guys would have worn:

pAuWpNd6QUL.jpg

Not saying that's a bad thing (or even a badabingthing), just what it reminds me of!

Hey - whaddayou care, huh...???

landscape-1429105257-sopranosendscene.pn

Салатные палочки
42 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Very smart. Where's the cardi from. I have a couple of similar Madcap ones but this looks a bit more expensive? 

Sawdust Caesar
36 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

The cardigan looks like something one of these (wise)guys would have worn:

pAuWpNd6QUL.jpg

Not saying that's a bad thing (or even a badabingthing), just what it reminds me of!

Hey - whaddayou care, huh...???

landscape-1429105257-sopranosendscene.pn

Yeah, it is similar to what wiseguys wore, Ray Liotta wore a stripey cardi in Goodfellas.

I don't mind that comparison, much better than the other one I get which is Howard Wolowitz.

34 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Very smart. Where's the cardi from. I have a couple of similar Madcap ones but this looks a bit more expensive? 

Atom Retro, mate, £40. They do have some cracking John Smedley gear but it's way out of my price range, £160 for some knitted polos. Also their material is too fine, accentuates my moobs.

1 hour ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

?

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Yeah, it is similar to what wiseguys wore, Ray Liotta wore a stripey cardi in Goodfellas.

I don't mind that comparison, much better than the other one I get which is Howard Wolowitz.

Atom Retro, mate, £40. They do have some cracking John Smedley gear but it's way out of my price range, £160 for some knitted polos. Also their material is too fine, accentuates my moobs.

I know the feeling well :lol:. I have taken to wearing a tight t shirt ubder some of my tops.

I actually got one of the Madcap cardis from atom. Lovely mustard and black with a suede stripe down the front. 

Can’t resist trainers.

Currently own 23 pairs (I think), 22 of them Adidas (I think).

And really good t-shirts :verysmug:

Cool as eggs, me.

I've just bought a Barbour jacket for the forthcoming splendid weather. Not one of your rugby watching type ones though, they have a separate clothing line called Barbour International that is based on old motorbike gear. The same sort of idea as some of the Belstaff stuff but without prices that make you sob yourself to sleep. 

5 hours ago, been here before said:

Wear whatever I fancy and dont give a xxxx what anyone thinks.

:spoton:

I’m going out today and will be wearing my Primark jeans and George bought t-shirt :)

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Can’t resist trainers.

Currently own 23 pairs (I think), 22 of them Adidas (I think).

And really good t-shirts :verysmug:

Cool as eggs, me.

Ponce!

bet you’re Italian :duck:

been here before
4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

:spoton:

I’m going out today and will be wearing my Primark jeans and George bought t-shirt :)

Indeed. Today Im rocking a Scotland rugby shirt by Cotton Traders at Dobbies I think.

Trousers from the Tu collection at Sainsburys and a pair of trainers by Quechua at Decathlon.

Socks by Sainsburys also.

The above shall be accesorised by a £30 watch by Sekonda from I cant recall where.

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Indeed. Today Im rocking a Scotland rugby shirt by Cotton Traders at Dobbies I think.

Trousers from the Tu collection at Sainsburys and a pair of trainers by Quechua at Decathlon.

Socks by Sainsburys also.

The above shall be accesorised by a £30 watch by Sekonda from I cant recall where.

:bravo:

I pretty much wear the same stuff year round. Get majority of my clothes (basically jackets and jeans which is what I replace most often) from Debenhams and occasionally m&s. Collapse of the high street is starting to worry me really. 

Also on my third pair of quechua trainers from decathlon. £10 a time and last ages :pray:

tend to stock up polo shirts when I'm in America at Ralph Lauren, us polo outlets and the like. 

I generally kit my kids out before worrying about me. 

Keep ordering them nice stuff from M&M Direct while I wear T-shirts with more holes than the Scotland defence.

• 3 months later...
Салатные палочки

NAFF is back lads. For £45 you can get a jumper that cost your mum less than a tenner down the market in 1993. 

Screenshot_20190213-220255_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4401c0af1948cdb8d65cc53f6008fdad.jpg

On 13/10/2018 at 22:53, Tazio said:

I've just bought a Barbour jacket for the forthcoming splendid weather. Not one of your rugby watching type ones though, they have a separate clothing line called Barbour International that is based on old motorbike gear. The same sort of idea as some of the Belstaff stuff but without prices that make you sob yourself to sleep. 

I've got an amazing Belstaff biker jacket,  among my (way too big) collection of bikers.

A lot of really nice stuff in the Barbour International range.    Good call.

My latest obsession is to get a top quality horsehide leather jacket.    Either front quarter or Vicenza horsehide from Aero Leathers or maybe an Eastman.   

Bum dropping cost but it's happening.