Anderton Comments (Merged Threads)

Dunk-Section G

ToadKiller Dog

Not really anything new there old news,not unexpected or the smoking gun some folk were looking for ,sounds very bitter,and it likey telling the truth.

Nucky Thompson

Be prepared for another media backlash against the Romanovs now that the GFA have appointed Burley:rolleyes:they will be going all out to make George look like a saint:cool:

Yes, but his bitterness and rancour are all in respect to seeing Hearts 'potential' go unrealised - he's not complaining about his own treatment.

Its just repeating everything we already know, I have much respect for phil, he was doing a good job for us and he would have took us to a higher level. In regards to his comments about Burley, then yes he was a very good manager, but who is phil trying to kid that he was not a boozer ? He was regularly ****ed, and even tho i don't think this effect his job it is still true.

givememychoice

notice how its only cause burley has become scotland manager. Anderton trying to stick two fingers up at romanov. Lets see how burley actually does as manager of Scotland.

Doesn't sound bitter to me, just sounds like a guy telling the truth.

Romanov is an erkie and Phil is just confirming it.

I'd prefer to look forward now than backwards. Let's see who we appoint and what he achieves.

But that was pretty damning stuff.

Buffalo Bill

Baird, King and Michael

Whilst it?s true that there are no startling new revelations in this piece surely only the super deluded would doubt that Anderton?s versions of events are true?

At the time loads on here bought the version that Vlad wanted even better performances, wasn?t prepared to tolerate those pulling their weight or had better qualified people to fill their jobs.

The sad, sad fact of the matter is history has proved this was all smoke and mirrors covering up for the fact that not only does he demands to interfere on the football side of things but he won?t tolerate dissent or even constructive critisism.

The fact that he wanted to involve others in the besmirching of Burley?s character and use this as an excuse to get rid of him is simply shameful.

The announcement at the beginning of the month that he would appoint a manager with 100% control offered a chink of light that he may have realised the error of his ways.

Well there?s now precious little time for any new manager to get into position and try and bring in players before the deadline in a weeks time.

Hope I?m proved wrong but that announcement might end up being the latest in a long line of lies.

DuffKirkMacKenzie

Why reveal this now just as Burley is revealed as Scotland manager. If Anderton did not sign a confidentiality clause why not tell the Hearts fans at the time. Thats when Hearts supporters needed answers.

The article states that he "declined to be drawn publicly on reasons for his shock departure." (usual Record approach)

........ then goes on to produce a full page of copy using quotes and statements from way back then , plus of course stuff from Chairman George regarding Burleys latest appointment.

For the Record (no pun intended) I think Burley is a great appointment for Scotland .... good luck son, now you are working for scottish nutters!

One thing i would like phil to come out and tell us is.........

what happened that day in the hibs boardroom ?

"It's doubly disappointing they had in place a structure that could have taken the club forward but for reasons of ego and meddling it was not allowed to happen"

True.

The theory that Anderton was sacked for failing to back Mad Fud's lies was also publisheed in the Beileve book.

Stand Schmand - Mad Fud will always be a fud for blowing the only chance we'll ever have on lifting the title. We'll never have that chance again, not while that clown is still running the circus.

Whether he's a boozer, a gambler, a humper or whatever, it's his business so long as it stays separate from his professional duties. Seems to me he did that, you don't build up a reputation in football and such an impressive CV as he did if you mix your personal habits with your job.

There could be a multitude of factors, but I'm noting with interest that he's not got Southampton on the rails, though hobering in mid table, a run of form could take them into the play offs. Hopefully now he's working with a bunch of quality players, he will be good for the national team.

As for Phil's comments, he's got nothing to win or lose here, I just think he's confirming what we all knew already, we're at the mercy of an unpredictable loonie who's got money to burn and doesn't give a toss about strong cultural institutions like HMFC

We've seen it all before.

But I'd like to see this thread turned into a sticky.

Tick tock.

Why reveal this now just as Burley is revealed as Scotland manager. If Anderton did not sign a confidentiality clause why not tell the Hearts fans at the time. Thats when Hearts supporters needed answers.

We've all come to the conclusion that Vlad has wrecked the playing side of the club - hopefully, in the short term - some of us more tortuously and painfully than others!

I do find the timing and the revelation that there was no confidentiality clause more than a little disturbing.

If he had spoken out earlier - even at the time of the press conference by Elvis, Hartley and Gordon, then perhaps we would have avoided a wasted year in which the team has deteriorated even further.

I now don't argue with the gist of what's being said but I do take issue with the lame excuse about not wanting to "sling mud!"

Phil Anderton has done us, as supporters, absolutely no favours at all and has contributed to the crisis, notwithstanding any failures he might have had in the position of chief executive.

I'm glad he's in a good marketing job because that is his level, as has been confirmed by the SRU's opinion of his tenure there as CE.

He's superb in PR and Marketing but like many who excel in that field, he lacks the rounded business acumen required to run the 'total' business.

I still suspect that there is more to his motivation for keeping quiet than has been revealed!!!

I thought this quote from Phil was interesting

"It was reported I signed a confidentiality agreement with Hearts but I did not. I'm entitled to talk but chose not to because I didn't want to be accused of mudslinging.

With regards Phil Andertons article in the Record

I can not believe the amount of people who are saying oh it's nothing new, we have heard all this before.

I think it is good Phil has told us some of what had been going on and I had not heard that Vlad had ordered Burley to go to Lithuania for two weeks and spend that two weeks with a medic. that shows how ****n ridiculous Vlad really is.

We need to take our collective heads out of the sand and stop accepting what has, and is, happening! Because most people here think oh well!! nothing new there, move on, but wait! Would we have accepted this from the outset? if we were told this is how it would be? NO! .. so why we accepting it now?

phil was not mud slinging, he had kept his silence until now and only because burley is comming into the scotland job, which has made him speak about relevant events.

If you read the interview, he never once say's I was this or I was that... he never complained of how he was affected. It was by no means a look @ me I want recognition. all in all, a decent man imo.

Be prepared for another media backlash against the Romanovs now that the GFA have appointed Burley:rolleyes:they will be going all out to make George look like a saint:cool:

What exactly did Burley do might I ask other than have us 1st overall when he was forced out. Lots of speculation but even the mad Russian has never said to much, Oh yes since he has left we have been in various stages of disarray, and now sit at the opposite end of the standings. The media have all the right in the world to critisize the mad one. To be truthfull I think Vlad enjoys it.

I can not believe the amount of people who are saying oh it's nothing new, we have heard all this before.

I think it is good Phil has told us some of what had been going on and I had not heard that Vlad had ordered Burley to go to Lithuania for two weeks and spend that two weeks with a medic. that shows how ****n ridiculous Vlad really is.

We need to take our collective heads out of the sand and stop accepting what has, and is, happening! Because most people here think oh well!! nothing new there, move on, but wait! Would we have accepted this from the outset? if we were told this is how it would be? NO! .. so why we accepting it now?

phil was not mud slinging, he had kept his silence until now and only because burley is comming into the scotland job, which has made him speak about relevant events.

If you read the interview, he never once say's I was this or I was that... he never complained of how he was affected. It was by no means a look @ me I want recognition. all in all, a decent man imo.

None of this is new. I had heard this a long time ago. In fact it was reported in some media.

Doesn't make it any easier to read though.

cannot believe we are going through all this again! There is nothing new and it should all be put to rest

we all know deep down who made a mess of all that and there is no more to be said as far as I can see

None of this is new. I had heard this a long time ago. In fact it was reported in some media.

Doesn't make it any easier to read though.

fair enough m8, I just think when somone like Anderton is quoted as saying this then it holds a hell of a lot more weight than some of the stuff thats been reported. by and large a lot of people still do not know the full extent of whats going on at hearts!

We probably never will know!

Why does anyone question the timing of this article and PA's comments? Burley is back in Scotland with a high profile job. He's in the news. What is there to get?

What PA has said I find interesting and I have absolutely no gripe with what he has said.

If there is no confidentiality clause in his departure then fair play to him. He could of moaned and moaned and de-stablised the club but instead he left that to VR.

There is no harm in all this looking back because we (rather VR) should be looking back to learn from the mistakes and realise what is needed to get back on track. The more shlt from the past that is rubbed into the eyes of VR so that HE learns, grows and moves forward the better.

The more people speak the more we learn what a farce VR has created for himself.

Lets hope VR is a big enough man to see that and so rectify this mess by making the three appointments needed and leaving them to get on with it.

Thats all that needed. Not rocket science.

fair enough m8, I just think when somone like Anderton is quoted as saying this then it holds a hell of a lot more weight than some of the stuff thats been reported. by and large a lot of people still do not know the full extent of whats going on at hearts!

We probably never will know!

I don't think we will ever know the true extent of what went on. As time goes by more and more will filter out.

I am sure we will be SPL champs and in the Champions League final by then :confused::rolleyes:

I think the problem that many Hearts fans have with Phil, is that they know that they were part of the smear campaign (intentionally or not).

Hearts fans had been backed into a corner and faced with the prospect that their owner was an interfering media whore, they simply chose to close their eyes and ears on the reality and did Emperor Vlads dirty work for him.

Saying this is "old news" and "nothing we didn't know already" skirts around the real issue, that in many cases they themselves were spineless.

Unfortunately, Hearts fans are in such a weak position that they have to accept the bones that they are thrown and hope for the best.

On the plus side, building plans have been submitted to the council, on the bad side, there is no clear view on when it will be passed/built/paid for.

On the plus side, Emperor Vlad has said that the new manager will be autonomous, on the bad side, you don't have a manager and it's yet to be seen that Emperor Vlad will be true to his word.

I don't envy you, your current predicament, the stakes are very high at the moment and if it goes wrong, it will be a disaster for Scotland let alone Scottish Football and Hearts fans.

aDONis

[

Here Here, but dont count on the mad one keeping his nose out of it He doesnt know how.

QUOTE=adayinmay;28562]Why does anyone question the timing of this article and PA's comments? Burley is back in Scotland with a high profile job. He's in the news. What is there to get?

What PA has said I find interesting and I have absolutely no gripe with what he has said.

If there is no confidentiality clause in his departure then fair play to him. He could of moaned and moaned and de-stablised the club but instead he left that to VR.

There is no harm in all this looking back because we (rather VR) should be looking back to learn from the mistakes and realise what is needed to get back on track. The more shlt from the past that is rubbed into the eyes of VR so that HE learns, grows and moves forward the better.

The more people speak the more we learn what a farce VR has created for himself.

Lets hope VR is a big enough man to see that and so rectify this mess by making the three appointments needed and leaving them to get on with it.

Thats all that needed. Not rocket science.

john brownlee

Meth

ask yourself why VR wanted burley to go to see the medics was it for Vlads good or burleys good.

not much difference than sending Pingo for medical help

an other one with I hate VR more than I love Hearts

Do you think that burley will now come clean and splill the beans or continue with the silence of the lambs.

cannot believe we are going through all this again! There is nothing new and it should all be put to rest

we all know deep down who made a mess of all that and there is no more to be said as far as I can see

We' re going through it all again

1 Because Burley has just been appointed Scotland manager and is in the news.

2 Because we've never recovered what we briefly had under Burley (best Hearts team anyone under 55 has ever seen in the flesh) and it's hard to see when days like these will ever return

Until romanov shows he has changed his spots then all this is still relevant.

Now Auntie, get back to your knitting. ;)

Colonel Kurtz

Burley liked a bevy,to suit Vlads "Agenda" he was acked

I would have taken a management team of Oliver Reed and Peter Motion if we had won the league

Meth

ask yourself why VR wanted burley to go to see the medics was it for Vlads good or burleys good.

not much difference than sending Pingo for medical help

an other one with I hate VR more than I love Hearts

Do you think that burley will now come clean and splill the beans or continue with the silence of the lambs.

Well, you tell me... imo if george burley attended any clinic Vlad wanted him to in Lithuania, Im sure they could have found anything vlad wanted.

Another thing, is it a bad thing if a manager chooses to drink alchohol? as long as GB was not turning up to training pished or drinking whilst perfoming his contractual duties..whats the problem. tell me Fergie does not like a whisky? or Mcleish does not like a swally? it's fine to drink out of work.

Guest JamboRobbo
Meth

Vlads good or Burleys good? Who cares? All that matters is it wasn't for the good of Hearts winning football matches.

If Burley did like a bevvy then surely all it proves is that drinking on the job is no bad thing.

More power to his elbow, I say.

Buffalo Bill

It may come as a surprise to some, BUT I am aware of the situation however where is this going to get us???

Oh yes Romanov is going to read this and say ..... Oh dear, the fans want answers I better fly off and have a meeting with them all to explain??

I THINK NOT!!!!!!

( By the way ......cannot knit) never had time to learn as since age of 8 being going to football!!!!! ha ha

Guest JamboRobbo
If Burley did like a bevvy then surely all it proves is that drinking on the job is no bad thing.

He did. I don't think you'll find many denying it. I know my brother saw it with his own eyes.

As you point out, it didn't appear to be a bad thing.

After all, his job was to make Hearts win football matches. And he was pretty successful at that.

By the way......going to change my name !!!!

If none of this is new, how many of you were aware that PA did NOT sign a confidentiality agreement'

I have seen no reference to this on JKB before.

Most fans would have you believe that it is compulsory to sign one before you are allowed to leave the club.

You're right Meth - see my post on the other Anderton thread, post 23 I think.

Very blinkered, petty and completely irrelevant to harrang PA for his comments just now.

What PA has said is fair enough. I'm sure he's in a position to be far more damaging.

You're right Meth - see my post on the other Anderton thread, post 23 I think.

Very blinkered, petty and completely irrelevant to harrang PA for his comments just now.

What PA has said is fair enough. I'm sure he's in a position to be far more damaging.

I bet he could m8.....PA must have been mesmirised by some the stuff that went on. fair play to him I say!

On hindsight, i kind of like my managers to have that look about them.

Y'know, the red face, even redder conk, glazed eyes and all accompanied with that dry Scottish accent with a hint of a Jonathan Ross speech impediment that only Sir Alex and Burley can do.

:cheers:

Vlads good or Burleys good? Who cares? All that matters is it wasn't for the good of Hearts winning football matches.

Thats the balls of it m8... why see someone who enjoys a drink after training or after a game in a bad light. It was petty and PA is correct when he says" Hearts are not reaping what they sow....Romanov is"

we are merley inoccent bystanders, forking out combined huge amounts of money.... where else does that happen.

Burley liked a bevy,to suit Vlads "Agenda" he was acked

I would have taken a management team of Oliver Reed and Peter Motion if we had won the league

And what exactly was this 'agenda'?

You really believe that?

Didn't say that.

However, recent history will show you that VR, by and large, chooses the players who come to the club through to who would be playing every other week.

You don't believe that?

Archived