Personalised Wall Tiles

been here before

been here before

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/tynecastle-tiles

The club is delighted to offer Hearts supporters the chance to cement their place in Tynecastle history with their own personalised wall tile.

The new initiative will enable Jambos to customise their own engraved message on a ceramic tile to be placed on a concourse vomitory wall.

The tiles represent a unique opportunity for Hearts supporters to etch their names, memories or dedications into the fabric of Tynecastle Park. You can choose whether your tile is placed in the Main Stand, Wheatfield Stand or Gorgie Stand. A tile at Tynecastle is the perfect gift for your Hearts supporting friends and family…or as a treat for yourself.

Tiles are available to purchase in three sizes:

• 150mm x 150mm (£50)
  • 100mm x 200mm (£40)
  • 100mm x 300mm (£60)

The following character limits apply:

• 150mm x 150mm: 3 lines of text (14 characters per line)
  • 100mm x 200mm: 3 lines of text (15 characters per line)
  • 100mm x 300mm: 3 lines of text (18 characters per line)

The club reserves the right to veto any messages that contain inflammatory remarks.

Become a part of Tynecastle!

Click here to place your order at Hearts Direct or visit the Hearts Clubstore in the Main Stand at Tynecastle (McLeod Street). Unfortunately, tiles cannot be purchased over the phone.

Thought vomitory was the horizontal passage way between the stairs as you ascend/descend? From when Romans enjoying a session had to go out and throw up.

1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Never heard that word before. 

I'm fairly sure Ann used it in one of her media releases when talking about the Main Stand.

Never heard that word before. 

If you’ve ever been to McDiarmid Park they still have signs pointing you in the direction of the vomitary. 

*I’m 99% sure it’s McDiarmid Park I’m thinking of, but if I’m wrong someone feel free to correct me 

William H. Bonney
17 minutes ago, Squirt said:

If you’ve ever been to McDiarmid Park they still have signs pointing you in the direction of the vomitary. 

*I’m 99% sure it’s McDiarmid Park I’m thinking of, but if I’m wrong someone feel free to correct me 

Funnily enough, I've been sick at mcdiarmid park. 

Edited by Dino Velvet

Nice idea, might get one, but someone in the comms team needs to return to Orwell's rules of writing, especially "Never use a foreign phrase, a scientific word or a jargon word if you can think of an everyday English equivalent" and "Never use a long word where a short one will do". Vomitory is probably a new word for 99.999999% of people reading, including me, or in the English speaking world for that matter! Still a nice idea, the permanence of it makes it pretty well priced.

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nice idea, might get one, but someone in the comms team needs to return to Orwell's rules of writing, especially "Never use a foreign phrase, a scientific word or a jargon word if you can think of an everyday English equivalent" and "Never use a long word where a short one will do". Vomitory is probably a new word for 99.999999% of people reading, including me, or in the English speaking world for that matter! Still a nice idea, the permanence of it makes it pretty well priced.

What is the everyday equivalent? Vomitory, as has been said, is a very specific word relating to a tunnel in a stadium or theatre leading from a seating area to an exit. What other word is there? I can't think of any. Someone in our comms team has a decent vocabulary. I'd imagine that's a plus.

(Think there's more comments about the word vomitory on this thread than there is about the tiles but I couldn't help but ask)

P.S: I'm definitely going to get one for my old man and I think it's a nice idea. Things like this ensure money keeps getting pumped into the club because us chumps will continue to lap it up.

Edited by Squirt

been here before
34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Its not that unusual. It basic Latin from vimitorium which was an entry/exit to a Roman ampitheatre placed in the searting allowung for quick movement of audiences in and out. Its still used in theatres and the old Gorgie Road end used to have a couple of cracking examples. The plural is vomitoria.

Someone stated about an area on a roman staircase where people could be sick. This is wrong, these places never existed.

Edited by been here before

Funnily enough, I've been sick at mcdiarmid park. 

Was it in the vomitory though, or did you just throw up in any old place?

33 minutes ago, Squirt said:

What is the everyday equivalent? Vomitory, as has been said, is a very specific word relating to a tunnel in a stadium or theatre leading from a seating area to an exit. What other word is there? I can't think of any. Someone in our comms team has a decent vocabulary. I'd imagine that's a plus.

(Think there's more comments about the word vomitory on this thread than there is about the tiles but I couldn't help but ask)

P.S: I'm definitely going to get one for my old man and I think it's a nice idea. Things like this ensure money keeps getting pumped into the club because us chumps will continue to lap it up.

"Exit", "walkway" or "prominent wall on the way out in x part of stadium" or something. Yeah, not a big deal ? I've never come across it so I'll defer to others as it seems to be an engineering/architectural term. I'm just sad enough to be interested in stuff like that! Using plain English is a very under appreciated thing.

31 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its not that unusual. It basic Latin from vimitorium which was an entry/exit to a Roman ampitheatre placed in the searting allowung for quick movement of audiences in and out. Its still used in theatres and the old Gorgie Road end used to have a couple of cracking examples. The plural is vomitoria.

Someone stated about an area on a roman staircase where people could be sick. This is wrong, these places never existed.

Learn something new every day! So a walkway within the stand basically.

Edited by Guest

William H. Bonney
24 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Was it in the vomitory though, or did you just throw up in any old place?

The toilets. 

been here before
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

So kind of a walkway?

Aye leading to or exiting from a seating or standing viewing area that allows a lot of people to leave an area quickly.

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye leading to or exiting from a seating or standing viewing area that allows a lot of people to leave an area quickly.

Got you. Cracking word anyhow, especially in the context of a football ground.

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

"It's not unusual, it's basic Latin". Hahahahahaha, gettus to ****ius.

Ignoramus ? (only Latin I know)

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

:lol:

been here before
12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

And its that attitude that means words like vomitory will remain unusual for you.

Latin, along with ancient greek is everywhere. It is some of the simplest words we use and many other words you know are derived from it. Im presuming you've heard of vomit. Where do you think it ultimately comes from? Its not diffucult to make that leap.

Alas though I think perhaps stercorem pro cerebro habes.

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

And its that attitude that means words like vomitory will remain unusual for you.

Latin, along with ancient greek is everywhere. It is some of the simplest words we use and many other words you know are derived from it. Im presuming you've heard of vomit. Where do you think it ultimately comes from? Its not diffucult to make that leap.

While it's always nice to learn new words you'll probably never say or read again, could they not just have said walkway? It's a marketing campaign not an episode of Call my Bluff!

p02mbg95.jpg

been here before
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

While it's always nice to learn new words you'll probably never say or read again, could they not just have said walkway? It's a marketing campaign not an episode of Call my Bluff!

p02mbg95.jpg

Its not a walkway though.

Perhaps a passageway would be more apt.

Why wouldnt you use it again? You've learned a new word, drop it into casual conversation. Look cool with a big brainy heid.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its not a walkway though.

Perhaps a passageway would be more apt.

They can be interchangeable though surely and a passageway to me sounds like it's very narrow. Walkway seems a bit more stadium like. Anyhow.... back to less important things

The toilets. 

You mean the Urinateum?

Edited by RobNox

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They can be interchangeable though surely and a passageway to me sounds like it's very narrow. Walkway seems a bit more stadium like. Anyhow.... back to less important things

Get what your saying. 

Yip, my wife had a passage way, 10 years and 2 kids later I'd call it a vomitory now. 

3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Get what your saying. 

Yip, my wife had a passage way, 10 years and 2 kids later I'd call it a vomitory now. 

My wife just asked why I laughed out loud,I had to say nothing?

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Hope they don't charge more for special characters.

It would be like the riddler, leaving clues everywhere. 

9 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Vomitory has been brought up on the forum before.

:isee:

Ecce in picturam est puella nominee Cornelia. Cornelia est puella Romana.

I think it’s great the club uses the correct term.  Establishment club, establishment language.

11 hours ago, been here before said:

Chill out Susie.