David Vanecek

leipzig76

It should have been ten
On 09/12/2018 at 16:41, Regular John said:

I bet the boys a badge kisser and will be whoring his ***** to whoever shows a little interest.

Agree his attitude towards his current club leaves plenty to be desired. Makes you wonder if we really want someone like that in the squad.

:shaddap:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mr Elwood P

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• It should have been ten

It should have been ten
On 09/12/2018 at 19:15, Fourcandles said:

Overwhelming  B.O. type sickening stench.

...and pish, don’t forget the stale reek of pish :thumb:

It should have been ten
On 09/12/2018 at 19:54, Mr Elwood P said:

Was any of that ever confirmed by anyone? We’d be a few points better off if we’d kept a hold of Lafferty until the Van Man arrives in January. Hindsight is class ...

Aye right enough cos Lafferty’s really been setting the heather alight this season.

4 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Aye right enough cos Lafferty’s really been setting the heather alight this season.

He was at Hearts, his goal against Celtic was a sensational finish. Funny you brought that post up as my mate (Hun) and I were talking about Lafferty last night and I was saying he doesn’t look like the player we had. The conclusion I came to was that, like Skacel, he drifts in and out of games and 90% of what he did on the park wasn’t very good but he would produce a couple of moments of magic that would win games. At Rangers he gets the last 10/15 mins so he doesn’t have the time to drift in and out of the game so he’s just trying to force situations to get a goals. That won’t work for him.. He needs to be the main striker and play the full match I believe. At Palermo he was the main striker and that’s probably 

his second best career season behind last year.

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He was at Hearts, his goal against Celtic was a sensational finish. Funny you brought that post up as my mate (Hun) and I were talking about Lafferty last night and I was saying he doesn’t look like the player we had. The conclusion I came to was that, like Skacel, he drifts in and out of games and 90% of what he did on the park wasn’t very good but he would produce a couple of moments of magic that would win games. At Rangers he gets the last 10/15 mins so he doesn’t have the time to drift in and out of the game so he’s just trying to force situations to get a goals. That won’t work for him.. He needs to be the main striker and play the full match I believe. At Palermo he was the main striker and that’s probably 

his second best career season behind last year.

I know it’s easy to be dismissive of this right now, but I’m going to say it anyway. I think longer term the money we got for him will prove to have been better spent on Clare and Wighton. Remains to be seen obviously, but still think it anyway.

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I know it’s easy to be dismissive of this right now, but I’m going to say it anyway. I think longer term the money we got for him will prove to have been better spent on Clare and Wighton. Remains to be seen obviously, but still think it anyway.

I am totally convinced that Clare is a player. The way he took the ball and glided forward from midfield at one point against Motherwell confirmed this hunch. I however don't think Levein has done him any favour with the Mickey Cameron comparison. He should just be left to get used to the Scottish game without any added pressure. The folk that don't think Clare is a player are the same folk who slated Djoum when he was straight back from a long term injury. Every game Djoum plays makes those folk look more and more foolish. Wight could really go either way could be a talent we manage to resurrect as with Souttar which appears to be the model. Wighton could also be another Keatings or Reilly. Players that it was worth taking a punt on but it never quite worked out. Hearts will always have a mixture of signings that are almost guaranteed to succeed such as Naismith, Berra and Lafferty and will always have the odd hopeful punt. If people could understand that it would make this forum a lot more bearable.

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Interesting analogy there GASC but I’m inclined to agree with you. Give these young guys a bit of time, a good pre season, and introduce them into our strongest first team as big part players playing with seasoned professionals alongside them and hopefully they will relish playing with no pressure on them. The criticism on here about them is shocking as they were signed as long term projects and not impact players. Unfortunately for them they’ve been thrust in to do a job due to injuries and neither of them are ready for it. Steve MaCLean was signed as a back up ffs and whatever combination we’ve tried with him hasn’t worked. Wait till we have a fully fit squad and the competition for places will be frightening.. I’m predicting a good second half of he season for us HHGH 

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I am totally convinced that Clare is a player. The way he took the ball and glided forward from midfield at one point against Motherwell confirmed this hunch. I however don't think Levein has done him any favour with the Mickey Cameron comparison. He should just be left to get used to the Scottish game without any added pressure. The folk that don't think Clare is a player are the same folk who slated Djoum when he was straight back from a long term injury. Every game Djoum plays makes those folk look more and more foolish. Wight could really go either way could be a talent we manage to resurrect as with Souttar which appears to be the model. Wighton could also be another Keatings or Reilly. Players that it was worth taking a punt on but it never quite worked out. Hearts will always have a mixture of signings that are almost guaranteed to succeed such as Naismith, Berra and Lafferty and will always have the odd hopeful punt. If people could understand that it would make this forum a lot more bearable.

9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Interesting analogy there GASC but I’m inclined to agree with you. Give these young guys a bit of time, a good pre season, and introduce them into our strongest first team as big part players playing with seasoned professionals alongside them and hopefully they will relish playing with no pressure on them. The criticism on here about them is shocking as they were signed as long term projects and not impact players. Unfortunately for them they’ve been thrust in to do a job due to injuries and neither of them are ready for it. Steve MaCLean was signed as a back up ffs and whatever combination we’ve tried with him hasn’t worked. Wait till we have a fully fit squad and the competition for places will be frightening.. I’m predicting a good second half of he season for us HHGH 

Agree with most of these two posts. The good and the bad bits. Only bit I would disagree with is the MacLean bit. I though he combined well with Naismith in the few occasions they played together.

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Agree with most of these two posts. The good and the bad bits. Only bit I would disagree with is the MacLean bit. I though he combined well with Naismith in the few occasions they played together.

I agree, MacLean is a very intelligent player and when you have someone like Naismith around him to play off of you get the best out of him. Unfortunately due to injuries we haven't been able to get the best out of him yet he has tried to do what he has been asked. If it wasn't for MacLean, Stevie May would never have been the player he was at st Johnstone. He's a team player and will continue to play a big part I think.

5 minutes ago, Gav M said:

I agree, MacLean is a very intelligent player and when you have someone like Naismith around him to play off of you get the best out of him. Unfortunately due to injuries we haven't been able to get the best out of him yet he has tried to do what he has been asked. If it wasn't for MacLean, Stevie May would never have been the player he was at st Johnstone. He's a team player and will continue to play a big part I think.

Yeah, I like him too. The boy needs a break imo, both on and off the park.

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Interesting analogy there GASC but I’m inclined to agree with you. Give these young guys a bit of time, a good pre season, and introduce them into our strongest first team as big part players playing with seasoned professionals alongside them and hopefully they will relish playing with no pressure on them. The criticism on here about them is shocking as they were signed as long term projects and not impact players. Unfortunately for them they’ve been thrust in to do a job due to injuries and neither of them are ready for it. Steve MaCLean was signed as a back up ffs and whatever combination we’ve tried with him hasn’t worked. Wait till we have a fully fit squad and the competition for places will be frightening.. I’m predicting a good second half of he season for us HHGH 

MacLean was signed, not so much as a backup, but rather someone who was expected to play in some, rather than all games, when it was felt that his type of play would suit the way the game was expected to go. He was also signed to be, when actually selected, more of a link-up/second striker type player, rather than leading the line himself.  Instead, because of injuries to other players, he's had to be played almost every game and been asked to lead the line a lot.  He's not really been capable of doing that but, prior to Uche and Naismith getting injured, he was, on a number of occasions, excellent at both linking the midfield and attack, creating chances for his strike partner, and indeed not bad at sticking it in the net himself.

Other than that, I agree with what you're saying!

1 hour ago, Gav M said:

It's crossed my mind to wonder if MacLean could make Connor Sammon into a successful striker.

Nah, probably not!

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's crossed my mind to wonder if MacLean could make Connor Sammon into a successful striker.

Nah, probably not!

I think he probably would. 

the 3-0 win at Dens was a prime example of McLean's worth. His link up play that night was superb and but for the bar and Jack Hamiltons quick reflexes he would have had a couple of goals to his name. His interplay with Naismith that night was a joy to behold.

20 hours ago, The Merse said:

I hadn’t heard of him but their respective pedigrees were very different.

Not sure where I’m writing the guy off?

Just taking exception to ridiculous expectations based on nothing substantive whatsoever.

Is hearing about the freelance scout being amazed that it was us the won the race from him and not one of the much bigger club's his scout report had been sent to substantive enough for you? 

It's definitely enough for me to have a chub on for Van the Man arriving!

40 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

the 3-0 win at Dens was a prime example of McLean's worth. His link up play that night was superb and but for the bar and Jack Hamiltons quick reflexes he would have had a couple of goals to his name. His interplay with Naismith that night was a joy to behold.

Yeah he was superb that night, hit the bar with a cracking effort & probably should have scored when put in one on one. Don’t think ever going to be prolific but intelligent player. Not a lone striker really. 

4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

MacLean was signed, not so much as a backup, but rather someone who was expected to play in some, rather than all games, when it was felt that his type of play would suit the way the game was expected to go. He was also signed to be, when actually selected, more of a link-up/second striker type player, rather than leading the line himself.  Instead, because of injuries to other players, he's had to be played almost every game and been asked to lead the line a lot.  He's not really been capable of doing that but, prior to Uche and Naismith getting injured, he was, on a number of occasions, excellent at both linking the midfield and attack, creating chances for his strike partner, and indeed not bad at sticking it in the net himself.

Other than that, I agree with what you're saying!

I guess “back up” was a rather harsh analogy about him. I should’ve said, and you have quoted it perfectly, he wasn’t signed to lead the line but more of a creative link man and not down to play every game. He was fitting in perfectly until our injuries handicapped us. Everyones play has been below par the last since our injuries but we are now on an upward curve with our leader back. 

I do stand corrected on that point re SM ??

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 08:53, Saughton Jambo said:

A sensible post and exactly where I am at.  We have to be realistic in that we have lost the main spine of our team to bad injuries.  if anything it has maybe flagged that our strength in depth is maybe not a good as we first thought. The fact were still 4 points off the top of the league with idealy rangers dropping points tomorrow at hibs just makes you wonder what if we had not sustained this injuries.  Just need to get to the winter break and pick up another few points because I think we are going to be in a very good position after the January shut down. I always fancy us against Hibs home and away regardless of how were playing and I am expecting a huge reaction from the players on Saturday following Friday's disaster and would not be surprised to see us pick up 3 points. 

22 hours ago, jamle1874 said:

New youtube vid with all his goals starting at about 5 mins in, first half of it is a few goals, shows his passing and aerial ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVHGrVY39II&feature=youtu.be

Just saw the EEN cherry picked your post from here, certainly a confident lad - not sure how great the defences were though, and I think he needs to work on his first touch.

Some great goals though, seems very hard working also from what I saw.

I think he will do well.

On 14/12/2018 at 07:59, King prawn said:

He’ll be better than Stockton and not as good as Jankauskas is my prediction

:thumbsup:

Hahaha what a prediction.

90% of strikers in Hearts history would fit in that bracket. Deary me.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Better comparison might be Michael Pospisil. I'd be delighted with that level to be honest

I'm predicting somewhere between Jamie Mole and Robbo. ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Gorgieshed said:

I'm predicting somewhere between Jamie Mole and Robbo. ?

Nah, Willie Bauld and David Wittenveen

33 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Hahaha what a prediction.

90% of strikers in Hearts history would fit in that bracket. Deary me.

Whooooooosh 

On 13/12/2018 at 12:50, Mikey1874 said:

Craig Levein says he arrives January 5 

I think he’ll be a big hit for us given his decent scoring record in a decent league.

Bit disappointed he didnt travel over before the Xmas break to be around the place and get a feel for things whilst there are games still on.

Edited by Jammy T

39 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I think he’ll be a big hit for us given his decent scoring record in a decent league.

Bit disappointed he didnt travel over before the Xmas break to be around the place and get a feel for things whilst there are games still on.

Although the teplice are now on their winter break it doesn't mean their players can do what they like .they may still have to go in everyday and as he is still contracted to them to the 31st he may have to do what they tell him

It’s really noticeable from the video that there are always players around him to link up, and players to run in behind the defence as he often drops a little deeper for the ball. He looks like he is a decent football player as well. Long diagonals an isolated Vanecek won’t do. 

34 minutes ago, scabber said:

Although the teplice are now on their winter break it doesn't mean their players can do what they like .they may still have to go in everyday and as he is still contracted to them to the 31st he may have to do what they tell him

He’s currently in Thailand with a couple other Teplice players. One is a big 20 year old full back that look a like sideshow bob who seems to be a brilliant player. Maybe he can get some dodgy pics of him with a ladyboy and blackmail him to join us too... 

On 18/12/2018 at 14:18, jamle1874 said:

New youtube vid with all his goals starting at about 5 mins in, first half of it is a few goals, shows his passing and aerial ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVHGrVY39II&feature=youtu.be

Looks strong, physical and a nightmare for defenders. A proper poacher too. No idea what the standard is like there but the few Czech players we’ve had in the past have had excellent ability so fingers crossed. His first goal in that video is absolutely superb! 

2 hours ago, Juanjo said:

It’s really noticeable from the video that there are always players around him to link up, and players to run in behind the defence as he often drops a little deeper for the ball. He looks like he is a decent football player as well. Long diagonals an isolated Vanecek won’t do. 

Will the service be there though, he had some cracking crosses come to him.

NVM you had it covered in your last sentence ;)

Edited by Neon