• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spirt of 98

• loveofthegame

• RudiHMFC

• gashauskis9

45 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He'd come in for Smith.

Dunne has to stay for the season, right?

Michael Smith? Not a chance, he's been great this season.

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

:rofl:settle!

Why? the team are winning and he's playing well, don't think Berra would walk straight back in, I love Berra as a player but we've been just as good without him in my opinion.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Have not really missed Christophe at all.

But........

Everyone including Jimmys true test is coming throughout October 

4 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Why? the team are winning and he's playing well, don't think Berra would walk straight back in, I love Berra as a player but we've been just as good without him in my opinion.

Because Berra is our best defender by a country mile. That’s why.

i hope we are still having this argument in 5 games time though.

2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

He's very good, would Berra get back in the team at the moment even if he was fit? Not sure.

You should avoid alcohol before going to the games. The defence has been good, but Berra when fit will be back in the team and the defence will be better for it. Berra’s presence and leadership is massively important to the team.

been here before
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

The biggest compliment I can give to him is that today I forgot that Christophe played for us.

Souttar.    Berra.     Dunne.    

Best trio in Scotland. I know that's some stretch but I genuinely think they are easily the best in Scotland.

Funny that as I found myself looking at them during the secind half and wondering if Berra would get into tjis defence just now.

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Have not really missed Christophe at all.

But........

Everyone including Jimmys true test is coming throughout October 

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Folk are mental already talking like he’s better than or would keep Berra out the team. Getting well ahead of themselves. 

I hope at at end of october folk are still saying it as it means he’s passed the true test... we’ll just need to wait and see...

Big future in the game hopefully.

So far for us....own goal......penalty against 'Well.....and then bounces back with a match winner.....!

Young man with a strong character....!

11 hours ago, TDF01 said:

You should avoid alcohol before going to the games. The defence has been good, but Berra when fit will be back in the team and the defence will be better for it. Berra’s presence and leadership is massively important to the team.

Avoid alcohol? Why on earth would I do that. If we're still flying by the time Berra is back then why change it? The next period of fixtures will tell us a lot about our squad of players if we're serious about doing something special this season.

rudi must stay
15 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Congratulations on his first goal for the Famous. :yas:

What a goal it was too. Strong header, good signs.

12 hours ago, bazman said:

I can see an offer coming in January for Souttar which if acceptable he will go and then Dunne extended to end of the season and play alongside berra

Possibly yes from one of the two in Glasgow. That would be interesting

Weird to think we have two Premiership players on loan just now who are seriously talented, when in the past we had two loan players from the Premiership in Mccallum and Ngoo. Our scouting system has definitely improved. 

Dunne was giving big licks at full time, reckon he's really enjoying it here, long may that continue 

14 hours ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Let's hope Burnley don't need him back in January and do extend his loan. I'd like to think that if we are still in the title race in January Burnley will let him stay the season to see it out.

Would imagine if we were still in the title race in January he'd be asking both us and Burnley to stay!

Dunne- could go very far in the game. Decent on the ground, good in the air and can play a bit. A bit like that Harry Maguire. He could go very far in the game Burnley obviously believe this and what a find he has been for us. 

He’s been a terrific signing and he is clearly enjoying his time with us; great player and seems a bit of a character too. 

2 hours ago, Kendoll said:

Weird to think we have two Premiership players on loan just now who are seriously talented, when in the past we had two loan players from the Premiership in Mccallum and Ngoo. Our scouting system has definitely improved. 

Dunne was giving big licks at full time, reckon he's really enjoying it here, long may that continue 

I think it a bit strange that Man Utd let Dunne go albeit he has signed for another Premiership team in Burnley but they give Mitchell a new two year deal.

Based on what I have seen from both these players I think they have signed the wrong man.

Mitchell is a good player going forward but he still has a lot to learn defensively and so far does not seem to have reached the level of perfromance he did last season before his injury.

I am sure he will improve especiaslly if he stays injury free and continues to get game time in his best position. 

I'm not going to disagree with anything anyone's saying about Dunne.  But what neither he nor Souttar has (yet) is Berra's experience or presence.  Dunne and Souttar are both better on the ball than Berra, but there have been times recently when I've felt we've missed Berra's experience where the defence as a whole would probably have been marshalled better.

However, losing Berra, in terms of results, has not been the blow it could have been.  And Dunne has been a big part of that.

pettigrewsstylist

Oustanding performances so far. My surpruse signing of the summer i think. 

Big month now tho against experienced dirty tricks gang and homer refs. Will need to see if young lad can rise above the distractions applied against him and keep focus on the basics. Im hopeful he can.

The big thing for me is that he spent the season on loan at a title-winning side last year.

Whatever level you're playing at, the mentality needed to keep winning over the course of a league season is a great attribute to have.  

Scnorthedinburgh

Reading him today you can see why he and his club love him being up here.

I'm 6.5 and learning to head everything clear, I should also be able to do that at the other end.

Remind you of anyone?

The Goalscoring Knee

My first game in the flesh this season - thought it was a great game, thought we should have been out of sight by the time he scored and thought he was the best player on the pitch.

• 2 months later...
Captain Canada

I'm not ITK or anything but I don't think we'll see him back here. Souttar and Dikamona are due back late Jan/early Feb and we still have Haring, Smith and *cough* Hughes who can play that position if needed. 

The other thing to consider is that Burnley are deep in relegation trouble due to their woeful defensive record this season. I think Dyche might be thinking he'd be an option worth trying out as his current defence is getting ripped apart most weeks. 

I'd love to see him come back and play with Berra and Souttar but we don't always play three central defenders so both he and his manager might think twice about extending the loan if he's not guaranteed to start. 

If we do have an option to bring in another loan signing, a left-sided winger is likely to be more of a priority than a central defender I think. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Thinking about this, the thing which Burnley might look to do is get the boy some game time in the championship as they will be playing there next season and if they need £ the will have buyers in for Mee and Tarkowski if they do go down, 2 good players. Dunne has been excellent for Hearts but still room for improvement to become a real dominant defender like Berra, he would benefit from playing alongside him for the next 6 months. I would be delighted to see him back but good luck to him if not.

Jimmy dunne has changed his Instagram profile pic to him wearing a Burnley top and looks like he's back down there. Could that be it? 

Rabbie_Burns
3 minutes ago, His name is said:

Jimmy dunne has changed his Instagram profile pic to him wearing a Burnley top and looks like he's back down there. Could that be it? 

Huge loss to us if so. Here's hoping he can return some time in the future, clearly enjoyed playing here and seemed to really take the club to heart

Good luck to him if he's going to be in the Burnley squad. 

Tough fight to avoid relegation though I do think they will be okay. 

Not surprised by This development, John Souttar is about to return to fitness, he is our player and quite rightly be first pick

No way will Burnley send Jimmy Dunne back up the road to sit on the bench as a back up to John Souttar.

Thanks JD all the best in the future 

What an impression he made in a relatively short space of time...top boy and potential to carve out a really impressive career for himself..... ?

Edited by GavK1012

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

What an impression he made in a relatively short space of time...top boy and potential to carve out a really impressive career for himself..... ?

Agreed, Loved him. He looks to have everything needed to make it down south. I feel he's better than Souttar but would have complimented him well good luck to him.