Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

1 hour ago, magicTs said:

Again, nonsensical comments. I don't care what Celtic and Rangers fans have to say about the financial impact or otherwise of the games. Its a minor discussion amongst many others in looking forward to Sunday's game. A huge financial benefit to Hearts after several years of missing out and blowing these opportunities. It pales into insignificance in respect to the game itself but its a very positive knock on effect. Quite why you see that as something to get so bent out of shape about is anyone's guess but it has zero, zilch, nada impact on the game itself and certainly has nothing to do with "small-team mentality"! If you don't think that making it to the latter stages of the cups helps our player budget and indeed our profile then you are extremely naive to the realities of our financial situation as we continue to rebuild. 

If you can point out the section where I said that making it to the latter stages of the cups doesn't help our player budget and finances in general then I would be grateful. Oh yes, you can't, I wonder why that is. ;) However, going into one of the most exciting games we've played in a while, with a very good chance in reality of beating Celtic and getting into the final, I find it fairly petty that some on here are talking about how much we will earn from the game. Who the feck cares! We're fine at the moment, we'll earn what we earn, and I'm sure that the good folks at the club will be doing their best to maximise revenue (as illustrated by the excellent hospitality setup). But folks arguing about exactly how much we'll earn, whether for example it should include VAT or take into account the compensatory contribution to the SFA, etc. is very Greengingerish to my mind. We're not struggling. It's all about the football.

Anyway, I'm sure we're not going to agree on this, so let's just hope for a great game on Sunday, a positive result for us, and FTC!!!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If you can point out the section where I said that making it to the latter stages of the cups doesn't help our player budget and finances in general then I would be grateful. Oh yes, you can't, I wonder why that is. ;) However, going into one of the most exciting games we've played in a while, with a very good chance in reality of beating Celtic and getting into the final, I find it fairly petty that some on here are talking about how much we will earn from the game. Who the feck cares! We're fine at the moment, we'll earn what we earn, and I'm sure that the good folks at the club will be doing their best to maximise revenue (as illustrated by the excellent hospitality setup). But folks arguing about exactly how much we'll earn, whether for example it should include VAT or take into account the compensatory contribution to the SFA, etc. is very Greengingerish to my mind. We're not struggling. It's all about the football.

Anyway, I'm sure we're not going to agree on this, so let's just hope for a great game on Sunday, a positive result for us, and FTC!!!

Spot on ! We as supporters should be concentrating on the football on the park and let the people qualified worry about finance

17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You've lost it!!! People are very capable of discussing numerous topics at once, you know the game and off field matters - check my posts out if you need an example  ?  I never said you made a comment about player budgets I was explaining to you, as you seem unable to grasp why it might be interesting to people to discuss and speculate on what is financially a big deal for Hearts and therefore the knock on from that. Your assertion that fans talking about this on our clubs leading messageboard was akin to a previous head coach talking about "money spinning replays" remains complete bullshit - sorry about that! 

There has been a few posts about how positive the financial implications are for us making this semi final alongside the masses surrounding the organisation of it, the anticipated crowd and the many about the game itself, very little arguing from what I can see, just discussing all the great news and looking forward to a huge occasion. 

You do you though :rofl:

Edited by magicTs

7 minutes ago, magicTs said:

You've lost it!!! People are very capable of discussing numerous topics at once, you know the game and off field matters - check my posts out if you need an example  ?  I never said you made a comment about player budgets I was explaining to you, as you seem unable to grasp why it might be interesting to people to discuss and speculate on what is financially a big deal for Hearts and therefore the knock on from that. Your assertion that fans taking about this on our clubs leading messageboard was akin to a previous head coach talking about "money spinning replays" remains complete bullshit - sorry about that! 

There has been a few posts about how positive the financial implications are for us making this semi final alongside the masses surrounding the organisation of it, the anticipated crowd and the many about the game itself, very little arguing from what I can see, just discussing all the great news and looking forward to a huge occasion. 

You do you though :rofl:

:D I give up, it's like arguing with a Neanderthal.

Don't worry though, I will do me, whatever that might mean.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D I give up, it's like arguing with a Neanderthal.

Don't worry though, I will do me, whatever that might mean.

Bit harsh, calling him a rangers fan..... 

Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Bit harsh, calling him a rangers fan..... 

Now now. I'd have to be really pissed off to call someone that. :D At the moment I'm only mildly disappointed that his argumentative technique appears to consist of comments like "You've lost it!", "Your points are so ridiculous", and "nonsensical comments". Some of the other points he makes are reasonable, granted, but hey if the way things are is that we can slag off the person we're arguing with like that then I thought I should just join in. ;)  Anyway, I have to go and calculate to the nearest tenner how much we're going to make from the semi-final, and it's probably going to take me all evening, so I'd better get started.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Now now. I'd have to be really pissed off to call someone that. :D At the moment I'm only mildly disappointed that his argumentative technique appears to consist of comments like "You've lost it!", "Your points are so ridiculous", and "nonsensical comments". Some of the other points he makes are reasonable, granted, but hey if the way things are is that we can slag off the person we're arguing with like that then I thought I should just join in. ;)  Anyway, I have to go and calculate to the nearest tenner how much we're going to make from the semi-final, and it's probably going to take me all evening, so I'd better get started.

Mosletov.... ?

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I can only imagine ?

It just means "thanks". Now can the rest of you get this back on topic please (and the topic is FTC!!!). I didn't mean to waylay the thread, I just got a bit distracted by my interesting discussion with magicTs. I'll sign off now...

My tickets ordered 2 weeks ago still haven't arrived in Glasgow. Phoned the TO on my lunch break but was on hold until I had to go back to work... I take it everyone else has theirs now? Worried I'll miss out despite buying a ticket early!

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The No 100 stops at Murrayfield.

Although the stop is called "Murrayfield" is it not actually on Corstophine Road?

That is the side the Celtic fans will be approaching from.  Roseburn Street may be full of them at times.

You could always nip along the Water of Leith Walkway from that stop.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

fabienleclerq
29 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

My tickets ordered 2 weeks ago still haven't arrived in Glasgow. Phoned the TO on my lunch break but was on hold until I had to go back to work... I take it everyone else has theirs now? Worried I'll miss out despite buying a ticket early!

Id try phone tomorrow Option 1 option 8.

29 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Although the stop is called "Murrayfield" is it not actually on Corstophine Road?

That is the side the Celtic fans will be approaching from.  Roseburn Street may be full of them at times.

Is there a stop called western corner ? Prior to murrayfield and after the zoo. You can walk to the hearts side from there 

I was in the ticket office yesterday about 5:30 and there were mountains of tickets waiting to be picked up. Hopefully folk know that and aren't expecting them to be delivered.

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

The stop after Western Corner is called Murrayfield and the 100 stops there.

A whole section left for people who want to buy over the counter at the TO tomorrow. 

Hopefully some last minute purchases to swell the final total. 

Shanks said no

100 stops

Maybury

St Johns Rd, roughly opposite Tanz

Zoo

Western Corner, by statue / old Distillers site

Murrayfield, opposite Kwik fit

Wester Coates, just after Ann's house

Haymarket

If it was me I would use the tram from the airport. I live in Corstorphine and am not going along the Glasgow Road route, will be getting a Number 1.

portobellojambo1
5 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Decisions decisions! Edinburgh Airport to Haymarket; bus or tram??? I’m inclined for

bus, it’s direct from arrivals so avoids park and ride and potentially ‘nasty folks’! Thoughts??

Only a thought but you can get the tram and then connect with a bus which will drop you off on the HMFC side of the ground. If you were to take the tram and get off at Edinburgh Park (Hermiston Gate) you could then catch a number 2 bus at the station. Or you can stay on the tram and get off about three stops later and catch either the 1 or a 2, and get off at Wickes on Stevenson Road. From there it is a two minute walk to Murrayfield Sports Bar on Westfield Road, if you want a drink, and a10 minute walk max. to the stadium.

41 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Only a thought but you can get the tram and then connect with a bus which will drop you off on the HMFC side of the ground. If you were to take the tram and get off at Edinburgh Park (Hermiston Gate) you could then catch a number 2 bus at the station. Or you can stay on the tram and get off about three stops later and catch either the 1 or a 2, and get off at Wickes on Stevenson Road. From there it is a two minute walk to Murrayfield Sports Bar on Westfield Road, if you want a drink, and a10 minute walk max. to the stadium.

Top class info.  Cheers for posting.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Or, you could stay on the tram and get off at Balgreen and walk around...

Unless you are a lazy bar steward, of course ;)

For fans worriedly waiting for their tickets, we bought tickets, paid for postage, still waiting today so, went to the ticket office, grumpy woman said that we had not paid for postage, big argument then took place, I pointed to the mountain of ticket envelopes and said well if we haven't paid postage as you imply then they must be in that bunch, grumpy woman grudgingly looked up my details and sure enough there were the tickets, so get yourselves down to Tynecastle tomorrow morning and give her a hard time and good luck, hope Mrs Budge reads this, if further success and big games come our way then we need a competent distribution staff who actually can cope.

20 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

For fans worriedly waiting for their tickets, we bought tickets, paid for postage, still waiting today so, went to the ticket office, grumpy woman said that we had not paid for postage, big argument then took place, I pointed to the mountain of ticket envelopes and said well if we haven't paid postage as you imply then they must be in that bunch, grumpy woman grudgingly looked up my details and sure enough there were the tickets, so get yourselves down to Tynecastle tomorrow morning and give her a hard time and good luck, hope Mrs Budge reads this, if further success and big games come our way then we need a competent distribution staff who actually can cope.

Careful now - I got told off from people on here for suggesting the ticket office staff were not always friendly 

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Careful now - I got told off from people on here for suggesting the ticket office staff were not always friendly 

Maybe they got irritated by endless inane questions as well.

40 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Your eticketing receipt email will show your postage options so you'll be able to show that to the TO.

Perth to Paisley

Bit of Arithmetic

67k stadium

We have been allocated 30k (and have sold 28k)

Were they also allocated 30k? (which are sold out)

That means 7k for Corporate....is this correct?

Is the Corporate mixed or is there Hearts Corporate and Celtic Corporate?

portobellojambo1
13 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Bit of Arithmetic

67k stadium

We have been allocated 30k (and have sold 28k)

Were they also allocated 30k? (which are sold out)

That means 7k for Corporate....is this correct?

Is the Corporate mixed or is there Hearts Corporate and Celtic Corporate?

The 7,000 you mention is taken up by way of some seats being left empty for segregation purposes, some seats being retained for the sponsors and guests, some for the SPFL and their guests and I'd imagine there are a number of seats set aside for the families and friends of players/staff on both sides. How it all splits numbers wise for each, who knows.

4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

100 stops

Maybury

St Johns Rd, roughly opposite Tanz

Zoo

Western Corner, by statue / old Distillers site

Murrayfield, opposite Kwik fit

Wester Coates, just after Ann's house

Haymarket

If it was me I would use the tram from the airport. I live in Corstorphine and am not going along the Glasgow Road route, will be getting a Number 1.

As a long time non resident who offered some advice on buses to Mfield i was told  on here there would be no buses on match day along Corstorphine/Murrayfield as they'd all be diverted on match day.  So just for clarify, are buses traveling along their normal routes in the red zones. Cheers in advance. 

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I saw your comments and they rang true!

However I’ve not been in the ticket office for 4 years are so & my views have no recency. However before I did everything on line when I did go into the ticket office to renew my ST etc. spending £300+ I did feel less than welcome (atmosphere was

rather hostile) and unappreciated. As this was my only annual face to face with the club I did feel like ‘feck this’ however I put the attitude down to ‘brusque Scottishness’,  the fact I lived in England, lack of training in customer service & interpersonal skills! However my love for Hearts made me swallow my principles discout that stuff and renew! Let me stress this WAS 4+ to 5 years ago.

22 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

As a long time non resident who offered some advice on buses to Mfield i was told  on here there would be no buses on match day along Corstorphine/Murrayfield as they'd all be diverted on match day.  So just for clarify, are buses traveling along their normal routes in the red zones. Cheers in advance. 

Not for a short time pre match and not for a long time (up to 6:30pm) post match 

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

But what happened to the customer is always right?

I actually hate that saying to be honest, worst still when some wank quotes it despite being overwhelmingly wrong.

Anyway the ticket office will have been under huge pressure not made any easier by the spfl dicking about with venue's etc. 

Not your fault as a "customer" and if you aren't happy maybe send a constructive email in. But like someone said if you paid for postage it will be on your receipt so you could just show that.

I've always had good service from the T/O tbh.

Edited by fabienleclerq

20 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I actually hate that saying to be honest, worst still when some wank quotes it despite being overwhelmingly wrong.

Anyway the ticket office will have been under huge pressure not made any easier by the spfl dicking about with venue's etc. 

Not your fault as a "customer" and if you aren't happy maybe send a constructive email in. But like someone said if you paid for postage it will be on your receipt so you could just show that.

I've always had good service from the T/O tbh.

Anyone who's ever worked in any sort of customer facing environment will be well aware that "the customer is always right" couldn't be more wrong!

As you say, Hearts had to start selling tickets days before they even got them because the SPFL is a compete shambles. With the number of tickets being handled there probably will be some mistakes either at the TO, with Royal Mail or even with customers who have rarely interacted with the ticketing system. Good thing is Tynie is close enough to Murrayfield for anyone who find themselves without a ticket on Sunday morning.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

But what happened to the customer is always right?

The same thing as every other shite saying. 

Jack Torrance

If Hearts and Aberdeen make it to the final, surely it makes sense to hold it at Murrayfield given the way this has turned out.

Just sayin’.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Jack Torrance said:

If Hearts and Aberdeen make it to the final, surely it makes sense to hold it at Murrayfield given the way this has turned out.

Just sayin’.

Great idea. 57,000 tickets to us and 10,000 to Aberdeen. 

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Great idea. 57,000 tickets to us and 10,000 to Aberdeen. 

:laugh2:

Now now. Let’s not turn into one of the ugly sisters.

54 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Just sayin’.

Would make sense but it would never happen, and that was before the recent "donation" to keep Hampden as the home of Scottish football.

Didn't even happen in 2012. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/hampden-1-murrayfield-0-for-hibs-hearts-scottish-cup-final-1-2237989/amp

Edited by JamboJen

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Just sayin’.

It made sense to stop using Hampden. 

Hampden will and should be used as its the national staduim ( unfortunately). 

Jack Torrance
17 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Would make sense but it would never happen, and that was before the recent "donation" to keep Hampden as the home of Scottish football.

Didn't even happen in 2012. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/hampden-1-murrayfield-0-for-hibs-hearts-scottish-cup-final-1-2237989/amp

14 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

It made sense to stop using Hampden. 

Hampden will and should be used as its the national staduim ( unfortunately). 

True, but with the recent uproar around the semis, the media interest and the clear demand for tickets, they may see a Murrayfield final as positive PR, to regain some favour, if it’s being contested by two east coast teams. It would depend on how much noise the clubs and their supporters make.

Edited by Jack Torrance

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

True, but with the recent uproar around the semis, the media interest and the clear demand for tickets, they may see a Murrayfield final as positive PR, to regain some favour, if it’s being contested by two east coast teams. It would depend on how much noise the clubs and their supporters make.

Maybe, but even the supporters would Likley be divided, nostalgia goes along way. 

Jack Torrance
25 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Maybe, but even the supporters would Likley be divided, nostalgia goes along way. 

It does, you’re right and I’ve had a few great days through there but we can make our own history going forward.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Magnificent let’s get the rest sold now. Sell out Saturday 

How many are left for our end??