Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

6 minutes ago, RENE said:

Just read that ScotRail employees are working to rule from October 10 indefinitely.    So if still working to rule on semi final day no overtime will be worked and even less trains than normal.  

Who runs the trains from Mt Florida ?  Scotrail ? 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, theschoolend said:

Having not heard it. What were they saying? 

The guy from the Police Federation hung the SPFL out to dry. Pretty much called them liars, but said the police would never turn down a request.

Edited to add, the Aberdeen chief exec more or less called the SPFL liars, too.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

6 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Well written and a fantastic solution. Shame Doncaster won’t read it though 

Sadly true.  It would be a bit of a comedown for Doncaster if, having stated categorically that the proposed solution is the only viable option, was to then admit that a mere football supporter came up in his spare time with a better solution than the overpaid administrators whose job it is to sort these things out.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Who runs the trains from Mt Florida ?  Scotrail ? 

Yes, it's a local suburban line which is part of SPT but they contract it out to Abellio Scotrail.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Get a petition up complaining about cruelty to the poor horses.  Target all the animal welfare groups to sign up to it.  It would be hilarious if the SPFL were eventually forced to back down because of the plight of the horses, when they couldn't give a jot about the supporters.

And before anyone posts that this is a silly idea, I know, it's just a pish joke!

Why the long face?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I wonder how Aberdeen would have felt about 745 Sunday night? Train would get them there in time sure enough. 

Horses a bit of a turn up for the books. Makes you wonder which copper has agreed. Feeling a bit sheepish I think 

Senior officers seem to have agreed this without consulting with the folk who actually have to do the dirty work.

It's the usual story of some fat cat in a top job sat behind a desk making decisions for other people to do the job while he sits at home with his feet up.

Say What Again
43 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Correct, but it disadvantages either Celtic or Rangers and you can be sure the SPFL would not want to be seen to disadvantage one half of the OF over the other, for fears of being branded as having sympathies towards the other half.

The one and only problem, right there. 

8 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The guy from the Police Federation hung the SPFL out to dry. Pretty much called them liars, but said the police would never turn down a request.

Edited to add, the Aberdeen chief exec more or less called the SPFL liars, too.

Interesting now that the truth is gradually emerging.

The original SPFL statement would have you believe that all of the clubs were in involved in agreeing the proposal.  It quickly became apparent that neither Hearts or Aberdeen were happy, and Ann later revealed that what was presented was a fait accompli and none of the clubs had been engaged, nor were happy with the solution.

Now it appears that the claims about Police Scotland's role in the decision are also lies.

I just hope the pressure is maintained from various quarters and this has the makings of bringing down Doncaster.  The only problem is we'll just get another self serving sycophant in his place.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, jamie1874 said:

There is a simple solution in all of this that fulfills the commitment to Hampden, and plays the games on different days and reasonable KO times.

game 1 Saturday 27th October 5.15pm KO 

game 2 Sunday 28th October any KO between 1pm and 4pm

this ensures both games are played when the SPFL planned them to be played.

only issue in this is one of Celtic or Rangers will be p1ssed at this, but who cares, as that is the attitude in the media to Hearts and Aberdeen so both clubs should say they are happy to play a game when it was supposed to be played. I can only imagine the out cry in the media about this if It was the suggested.

Meanwhile, come December everyone will be going on about how great the EPL is over Christmas and NY as teams play 2 games in 3 days, yet we won’t do it for one team.

I'm surprised it took 60 pages for this point to be made. Its a home game for SGR on the Thursday; not much difference between a Saturday evening match and a Sunday noon one. Meanwhile, Celtic have to fly back from somewhere, getting in on the Friday morning. Making them play Sunday 1 or 2pm kind of evens things out in comparison to SGR.  

3 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Ignorant, as you say.

Out of curiosity, I put the journey from Tynecastle to Hampden into Google maps, and for a Sunday evening to get to Hampden for 7.10 it says 55-70 minutes. 

So, if there's no extra-time or penalty kicks and you have seats near an exit and only have a 5 minute walk to the car (no chance!) and there's no traffic you may get to home/Tynecastle by 11pm. 

There'll be a little more traffic than Google maps had calculated for. 

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

Apparently police wanted rangers game first

I reckon that's a big, fat lie. But it does fit in with my logic above about who's playing away in Europe. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
23 minutes ago, RobNox said:

The original SPFL statement would have you believe that all of the clubs were in involved in agreeing the proposal.  It quickly became apparent that neither Hearts or Aberdeen were happy, and Ann later revealed that what was presented was a fait accompli and none of the clubs had been engaged, nor were happy with the solution.

Now it appears that the claims about Police Scotland's role in the decision are also lies.

I just hope the pressure is maintained from various quarters and this has the makings of bringing down Doncaster.  The only problem is we'll just get another self serving sycophant in his place.

Also, Scotrail were never consulted, either.

Oh, and the contract that couldn't be broken - they approached the SRU about using Murrayfield!

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Concerned at the claims of many of our esteemed football pundits that everything is rosy and that the fans are just noising off for no reason, I decided to time the trip from Edinburgh (East Edinburgh at that!) to the centre of Glasgow in my private helicopter this evening. The journey only took me 20 minutes!

I now find myself agreeing with the pundits. As for the fans who have been complaining about the possibility of the Hampden kiosks running out of food with the two semi-finals being held, what a load of nonsense - Let them eat cake!!!

Who is that Darrell(?) guy on Sportsound? He came across as an arrogant arsepiece. Asking Duncan Frazer why Aberdeen haven't previously made arrangements for Scotrail to put on more trains when needed. 

And if that comment about the police wanting Aberdeen fans gone first for previous can be attributed directly to that fat ringpiece Boyd, he should be hauled over the coals for it. Absolutely scandalous thing to say. Especially when he knows full well where the majority of trouble in Scottish football originates.

2 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Horses must be on treble-time for a Sunday or summat.

Prohibitive.

What about the dogs??!

44 minutes ago, RobNox said:

To be fair, Police Scotland and the Scottish Police Federation are different entities. The Police were consulted, it was the Federation, which is in effect a Union for police, who appear not to have been consulted by Police Scotland.

ToadKiller Dog
31 minutes ago, trotter said:

Who is that Darrell(?) guy on Sportsound? He came across as an arrogant arsepiece. Asking Duncan Frazer why Aberdeen haven't previously made arrangements for Scotrail to put on more trains when needed. 

And if that comment about the police wanting Aberdeen fans gone first for previous can be attributed directly to that fat ringpiece Boyd, he should be hauled over the coals for it. Absolutely scandalous thing to say. Especially when he knows full well where the majority of trouble in Scottish football originates.

He is the media spokesman for the SFA I think, so the tactic from the blazers is to attack the clubs if that's what he is saying?. 

They clearly have somthing to hide with this Hampden deal. 

What the **** is the difference between the Police Federation and the Police?

How can one of them say the decision is a load of pish and the other day it’s all fine and dandy?

43 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

He is the media spokesman for the SFA I think, so the tactic from the blazers is to attack the clubs if that's what he is saying?. 

He's not, he used to be though.

This is from his Linkedin page,

Capture.JPG

Edited by graygo

ToadKiller Dog
21 minutes ago, graygo said:

Capture.JPG

Ha needs to update his wikipedia page. 

Mark_Mywords
56 minutes ago, graygo said:

Capture.JPG

The Scottish FA are one of Frame's clients, so indirectly, he was speaking on behalf of the SFA.

Brendan stated in an article in the EEN that if the pitch Is badly cut up it will suit Hearts!!! 

Really Brendan?

We have got to him my Jambo friends.  Right under his skin.  We will give it everything in the two upcoming fixtures and I dont think we will be found watching.

4 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I Agree and Donkey Doncaster is behind this skulduggery  as a side note and we all have to think about this Donkey is actually being paid a handsome amount to do his job the man is actually receiving funds a wage to make the biggest pigs ears of things anyone could imagine.

Honestly you could not make this up the man is completely useless a fool not fit for purpose and he is getting paid to make a pigs ears of it you could not make it up.

Dallas Green
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Brendan stated in an article in the EEN that if the pitch Is badly cut up it will suit Hearts!!! 

Really Brendan?

We have got to him my Jambo friends.  Right under his skin.  We will give it everything in the two upcoming fixtures and I dont think we will be found watching.

That's because we play industrial hoofball. Duh!

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Really Brendan?

Brendan's not coping too well right now, clearly. 

Widespread outrage from Hearts and Aberdeen fans with massive travel problems.

Scot Rail not consulted.

Police federation against it - labelling the decision as idotic.

Potential for trouble all day, through out the city of Glasgow.

Great idea lads! 

:fonzie:

5 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

The Scottish FA are one of Frame's clients, so indirectly, he was speaking on behalf of the SFA.

As said before the SFA are as complisate in this shambles as the SPFL.  There is a big push by both to try and defect blame away from them. They have even stooped to out and out lying by saying that the clubs were happy with the arrangements when it was patiently clear they were not.  Are these really the people that we want running the game here.

As we have heard nothing from yesterday's meeting I reckon that is a good thing and they are sorting out the details for Murrayfield. If yesterday had only been about ticketing arrangements we would have heard last night.

...a bit disco

Doncaster with his Tuesday Troll.

Scottish football will be screened live across Australia, New Zealand, plus 24 countries in the Middle East & North Africa after the SPFL agreed a new broadcast deal with beIN SPORTS. #SPFL #Scotland

DofRO1QXoAA2bXa.jpg

7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

How can one of them say the decision is a load of pish and the other day it’s all fine and dandy?

The Police Federation represent the Police officers who actually have to do the work.

The Police Scotland spokesman is one of the bosses who sits behind a desk ordering everyone else about and probably hasn't done any real Police work for years. 

BTW people making daft remarks about the consideration given to Police Horses and Dogs these animals will have handlers and no doubt will share their off duty times with their handlers.

Would anyone want to argue with a Police dog suffering from overwork and stress ? ☺

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Scottish football will be screened live across Australia, New Zealand, plus 24 countries in the Middle East & North Africa after the SPFL agreed a new broadcast deal with beIN SPORTS. #SPFL #Scotland

DofRO1QXoAA2bXa.jpg

Always perfect at judging the mood of the room the ****ing halfwit.

letsalldothebeattie
7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

DofRO1QXoAA2bXa.jpg

Kick off times to start suiting these countries. Early morning kick offs are coming 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The Police Federation represent the Police officers who actually have to do the work.

The Police Scotland spokesman is one of the bosses who sits behind a desk ordering everyone else about and probably hasn't done any real Police work for years. 

BTW people making daft remarks about the consideration given to Police Horses and Dogs these animals will have handlers and no doubt will share their off duty times with their handlers.

Would anyone want to argue with a Police dog suffering from overwork and stress ? ☺

Horses are only allowed 3 hour stints at a time.

"At the end of the 3 hour shift, the horses are put back in the lorry and are taken back to their stables. Upon arrival, the horses are brushed and cleaned, their tack removed and prepared for the following day."

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

And a possibility that the boss who agreed to the decision may (or may not) be getting close to retirement and has a nice wee job lined up as head of security or suchlike at a Glasgow based football club or establishment.

letsalldothebeattie
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

"If supporters aren't able to attend kick-off's at 3am, on a Sunday Morning, that is, of course regrettable. However, all practical options have been looked at, and we feel this is the best option, along with the club's, to stage the game at this time, in order to benefit those who can attend. And, of course our commercial partners and TV rights."

:spoton:

I wonder now if they will invoke the very same rule A3.1 " failing to behave with the utmost good faith to the SPL.” 

The hypocrisy is ridiculous!!

We got stuffed by it so why cant they get stuffed with it?

Read this

http://www.scotzine.com/2012/01/hearts-and-the-spl-the-utmost-good-faith-rule-and-flaws-in-spl-discipline/

Edited by VladMagic

Unknown user
8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The bosses are saying "we can do it, it'll be fine", the union's saying "are you mental?"

One sees a lower overtime bill, the other sees it's members being put in danger. 

20 minutes ago, Barack said:

"If supporters aren't able to attend kick-off's at 3am, on a Sunday Morning, that is, of course regrettable. However, all practical options have been looked at, and we feel this is the best option, along with the club's, to stage the game at this time, in order to benefit those who can attend. And, of course our commercial partners and TV rights."

Can you somehow add legal obligations and best practices into that statement, then you're all set to go as Doncaster's PR Guru !!

August Landmesser

BBC says that Aberdeen are expecting 50% of the available tickets - no mention in the article of yesterday's meeting though so it's not clear if Fraser was speaking after/before going into it, and no word from Ann Budge yet... The final quote implies that  Aberdeen & Hearts are still fighting, and nothing is set in stone yet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45713971

'Chief executive Duncan Fraser expects Aberdeen to get 50% of the tickets for the League Cup semi-final against Rangers on 28 October.

Aberdeen face Rangers at 12:00 GMT before Hearts take on Celtic at 19:45.

The scheduling of both semi-finals at Hampden on the same day has caused controversy, with the Dons and Hearts concerned about travel arrangements for their supporters.

"Our expectation would be a 50-50 allocation to start with," said Fraser.

"Historically, many years ago a group of Aberdeen supporters fought with the Scottish FA to ensure that Aberdeen received a 50-50 allocation."

Aberdeen is around 150 miles from Glasgow and the first train between the two cities on 28 October arrives 14 minutes after the first semi-final is scheduled to kick off.

The Dons previously complained to the Scottish Professional Football League about a Premiership away match against Kilmarnock being played at lunchtime on a Sunday and the Pittodrie side have played in national cup semi-finals at Hampden over lunchtime on Saturdays in recent years.

"We have been in this scenario before, I appreciate that, but those have tended to be on Saturdays and this is a massive game," said Fraser, who is open to rescheduling one of the semi-finals on a different day.

"Supporters of all four clubs want to be in attendance and surely to goodness we have to do everything we can to make sure that as much of a balanced support from each of them are there.

"There could be other solutions out there that will make sure that they have the best occasions they can be."'

letsalldothebeattie
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The bosses are saying "we can do it, it'll be fine", the union's saying "are you mental?"

One sees a lower overtime bill, the other sees it's members being put in danger. 

I find that quite amusing basically sums up any work place. Bosses saying aye no worries we can do this but inevitably it’s not the bosses that’s going to be policing the day at Hampden. 

Bazzas right boot

My flume idea would solve the waiting problem. 

At the end, folk can just fire down a flume on to the street. 

It actually is a rather tedious wait, however it doesn't go more than around ten minutes, folk claiming 20 minutes plus must be crawling. 

This will be solved in due course tho. 

Can't believe that we can't do pre orders tho or get food delivered to the seat. Plenty apps now that would aid this. 

Easy money and would reduce the queues at ht. 

Ffs, it jumped threads again. 

I blame the adverts, pissing me off. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I find that quite amusing basically sums up any work place. Bosses saying aye no worries we can do this but inevitably it’s not the bosses that’s going to be policing the day at Hampden. 

Exactly

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Widespread outrage from Hearts and Aberdeen fans with massive travel problems.

Scot Rail not consulted.

Police federation against it - labelling the decision as idotic.

Potential for trouble all day, through out the city of Glasgow.

Great idea lads! 

:fonzie:

I think they all just met up, drank a few bottles of buckfast, done the funny handshake, noshed each other off then went home. 

If they didn't agree with Hearts and Aberdeen, never consulted scotrail or the police.... 

You really need to ask- what the **** they done?