Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Would it ? Rangers and Aberdeen fans all arriving/leaving in Edinburgh while Hearts fans are trying to get out of Edinburgh ? 3 sets of fans travelling. The right thing is for Rangers to be in Glasgow and Hearts to be in Edinburgh. Only 2 sets of fans travelling to different cities. 

Exactly. It makes perfect sense. And the idea that Hearts might get some sort of advantage having played at Murrayfield shouldn't even be discussed. First, Celtic have also played there; second, we have almost a completely new team for last season; and third how many times have Celtic played at Hampden recently compared to us?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

It's a nice thought that one of the OF are going to have to give up their built in advantage of having a 'home city' advantage for a change.

The Rangers on this occasion would take a bigger support than Celtic as they can see a chance to win their FIRST trophy. So for that reason it will be The Rangers v Aberdeen at Murrayfield. 

30 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

We are away to the Celtic the Saturday after. 

Switch that game to tynie the week before on a Sunday and we then play them the following week at Hampden in the cup

How can you switch an away game to Tynecastle?

I reckon we will be at Hampden on the Sunday and as someone mentioned further up they will try to get Rangers Europa tie brought forward a day or two leaving them and Aberdeen to play at Hampden on the Saturday.

NaturalOrder74

I don’t want Murrayfield at all, will feel like an away game, guaranteed they’ll get more fans and it’ll be a shit show, Hamden would be equal fans and we’d give them an absolute roasting 

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

if i was the sru i would tell the sfa/spfl to ram it about using murrayfield due to the way they messed about during the bidding process

They may well do. They presented the SFA with a reasonable solution for a stadium and they decided to take the unfunded, no plan option of Hampden.  

59 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

Old firm in action on the Thursday, Both ties need to be Sunday, Only one can be at Hampden

Play one at Parkhead & the other at Hampden. The SRU should tell Glasgow to go ****itself.

Montgomery Brewster
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

I reckon we will be at Hampden on the Sunday and as someone mentioned further up they will try to get Rangers Europa tie brought forward a day or two leaving them and Aberdeen to play at Hampden on the Saturday.

Same as when we switched our home games to away venues when main stand being built. A simple solution . So simple the spfl can’t think it through as being most sensible .

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

if i was the sru i would tell the sfa/spfl to ram it about using murrayfield due to the way they messed about during the bidding process

It's Murrayfields chance to show it is superior to Hampden.

Its the sensible option given both games will be heavily attended.

However I can see one at Ibrox/Parkhead and the other at Hampden. With 12 and 5 kick offs.

30 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Would it ? Rangers and Aberdeen fans all arriving/leaving in Edinburgh while Hearts fans are trying to get out of Edinburgh ? 3 sets of fans travelling. The right thing is for Rangers to be in Glasgow and Hearts to be in Edinburgh. Only 2 sets of fans travelling to different cities. 

Your suggestion is what I meant and for the same reasons you’ve given too. My point was that the SPFL are likely to do the opposite because they’re corrupt/incompetent.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Rangers moving a Euro tie ain’t happening either. Wherever they are, there will be away teams and fans who have already made plans. No chance are UEFA taking a country’s third competition as an excuse to shift a group match.

I reckon switching the league and cup weekends (obviously not the venue as that makes no sense) for Celtic v Hearts has more merit and it’s an idea I hope that nobody puts in the heads of the morons who run the game.

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly. It makes perfect sense. And the idea that Hearts might get some sort of advantage having played at Murrayfield shouldn't even be discussed. First, Celtic have also played there; second, we have almost a completely new team for last season; and third how many times have Celtic played at Hampden recently compared to us?

Last season Celtic were at hampden 4 times. We played 4 games at Murrayfield. Guaranteed this fact will be ignored by everyone and the “Murrayfield will be a home game for hearts” argument will be peddled out. 

48 minutes ago, Jerah Jambo said:

They'll just ask Celtic where they fancy playing, job done as far as the League is concerned.

Seems perfectly fair to me.  Remember when we drew Rangers in the final of the U20s Cup.  Couldn't be played at Ibrox because of the Comm Games so they asked Rangers to choose an alternative and they chose St Mirren Park.  Again, perfectly fair.  We just need to know our place.

In fact, the more I think of it, with R and C both heavily committed in Europe, why not just allocate them 2-0 wins and save all the bother.

A_A wehatethehibs

I think it will be Hearts vs Celtic at hampden and Rangers vs Aberdeen at Murrayfield.

The main priority for the SPFL will be to not do Hearts any favours and give us an unfair home city semi final, even though the old firm get that advantage for every semi and final they play in. No other team can ever be allowed that advantage.

Whatever game is at Murrayfield, I expect it to break the record for a Scottish football game since the 1980s - and therefore prove why the SFA/SPFL were wrong to stick with Hampden. There will be 15,000 more fans at that game than Hampdens capacity. Fuds. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

6 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Same as when we switched our home games to away venues when main stand being built. A simple solution . So simple the spfl can’t think it through as being most sensible .

I get you now.

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

It's Murrayfields chance to show it is superior to Hampden.

Its the sensible option given both games will be heavily attended.

However I can see one at Ibrox/Parkhead and the other at Hampden. With 12 and 5 kick offs.

No chance the PG will ok this

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I don’t want Murrayfield at all, will feel like an away game, guaranteed they’ll get more fans and it’ll be a shit show, Hamden would be equal fans and we’d give them an absolute roasting 

Hampden wouldn’t be equal fans - Sevco will have way more fans.  And if it’s at Murrayfield, not a cat in Hell’s chance there will be 67,000 for a LC semi, especially if on TV.  Sometimes there’s only 20 odd thousand when these games are at Hampden.

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

No chance the PG will ok this

I hope you are correct. It would be crazy to have the four biggest supports in the one place at the one time.

I just can't see them swallowing their pride and picking Glasgow. Can see it being a long time till dates and venues are announced.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think it will be Hearts vs Celtic at hampden and Rangers vs Aberdeen at Murrayfield.

The main priority for the SPFL will be to not do Hearts any favours and give us an unfair home city semi final, even though the old firm get that advantage for every semi and final they play in. No other team can ever be allowed that advantage.

Whatever game is at Murrayfield, I expect it to break the record for a Scottish football game since the 1980s - and therefore prove why the SFA/SPFL were wrong to stick with Hampden. There will be 15,000 more fans at that game than Hampdens capacity. Fuds. 

Why do you think there will be 15,000 more at Murrayfield?  Have you seen what the usual attendances are for League Cup semi finals?  They’re abysmal.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

No chance in hell they’re going to upset the celtit by making them travel through here. 

Want to bet?Stick on certainty Celts are at Murrayfield versus us.

Hearts vs Celtic should be at Murrayfield.

Common sense and logical option, but this is the SFA.

Edited by peter_hmfc

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Want to bet?Stick on certainty Celts are at Murrayfield versus us.

Why would I want to bet against what I want to happen. If they want have any chance of a sell out  Murrayfield, then it can only be ourselves against the wanderers from the west.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, 12XU said:

Hope not 

such a stupid thread - why did I even read it 

You not only read it, you posted on it ?

If English Premier League games and La Liga games are going to be played abroad lets get this game played at Wembley to market our game to the English crowds.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why do you think there will be 15,000 more at Murrayfield?  Have you seen what the usual attendances are for League Cup semi finals?  They’re abysmal.

It would depend on the pricing I suppose but these are the 4 big guns of Scottish football, and attendences at Scottish games are on the up this year. Best pair of league cup semi finals in a long time imo. Maybe I’m just saying that because Hearts are in it in style! 

Aberdeen would bring 20,000 because of the convenience of the east coast and silverware starved Rangers 40,000+ I think. They brought 20,000 to murrayfield between them for just a couple of ordinary early season league games against a poor Hearts side, they have a big historic rivalry between them too. Hearts vs Celtic in a once in a lifetime 50-50 semi final at Murrayfield would sell out surely! 

I think either way if there’s a game at Murrayfield it will attract a very big crowd.

1 hour ago, Boab1874 said:

Will be Monday night

Can't be Monday night as there is a round of SPFL midweek fixtures schedule for that week. We have Hibs on the Wednesday at Tynecastle which i think is on TV.

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If English Premier League games and La Liga games are going to be played abroad lets get this game played at Wembley to market our game to the English crowds.

It would surprise me if some SFA exec isn’t thinking of a way to move to the game to Germany, so Celtic don’t have to travel back. 

Logical option is Hearts v Celtic at Murrayfield, and for that reason I can never see it happening. 

4 minutes ago, haggis58 said:

Can't be Monday night as there is a round of SPFL midweek fixtures schedule for that week. We have Hibs on the Wednesday at Tynecastle which i think is on TV.

Dundee v Celtic is also, strangely (or perhaps not), scheduled for TV that night. 

1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Aye... cause travelling through to Glasgow will feel like being at home???

Typical SFA incompetence this should have been looked at ages ago what a shower of amateurs getting big bucks and doing feck all no wonder they laff at our game down south 

Murrayfield for us v Celtic makes sense. Celtic can’t claim we have an unfair advantage when they’ve used Murrayfield as their home ground relatively recently for their CL games.

Makes perfect sense so Aberdeen v Rangers will likely be chosen instead.

If it comes down to money, our game should be at Murrayfield. Given their recent successes Celtic would bring more fans to Edinburgh than Rangers, and obviously more Hearts fans would go to Murrayfield than to Glasgow. That will put Murrayfield's bigger capacity to use, while Aberdeen are unlikely to take more than about 10k at most to anywhere in the central belt.

7 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

It would surprise me if some SFA exec isn’t thinking of a way to move to the game to Germany, so Celtic don’t have to travel back. 

Logical option is Hearts v Celtic at Murrayfield, and for that reason I can never see it happening. 

Yeah. The only logical and sensible decision is Hearts v Celtic at Murrayfield so you can bet the exact opposite is the outcome!

1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

Logistically, that would be the easiest and least disruptive. For that reason, I fully expect the SPFL to do the opposite.

You know these clowns well. 

1 hour ago, reidyq said:

Last season Celtic were at hampden 4 times. We played 4 games at Murrayfield. Guaranteed this fact will be ignored by everyone and the “Murrayfield will be a home game for hearts” argument will be peddled out. 

Celtic were more than happy to play their home CL qualifiers at Murrayfield when Parkhead was being used for the Commonwealth Games. If they attempt to moan they should be reminded of this by the League.

20 minutes ago, Tott said:

Murrayfield is for the eggchasers...

Nowt to do with football.

Hampden will do fine for me.

Hampden is a sh!thole to me, fair enough if its a big thing for you 

Never mind the venue. Could Boyata’s red have the Jorg Albertz of 1998 effect? 

The straight red card Hugh Dallas of all people showed Albertz for violent conduct must have multiplied the belief of Hearts fans tenfold. I know it worked wonders for my confidence in the 1998 legends!

Just now, Shaggy2 said:

Never mind the venue. Could Boyata’s red have the Jorg Albertz of 1998 effect? 

The straight red card Hugh Dallas of all people showed Albertz for violent conduct must have multiplied the belief of Hearts fans tenfold. I know it worked wonders for my confidence in the 1998 legends!

Boyata is their only decent centre half so his red is great news for us.