2 Games from respectability?

Flogel98

So we're out the big cup and currently sitting in the lower reaches of the league but with a semi to look forward to.

Personally think we will struggle to finish in the top six but even if we did, for me, anything less than 4th is a disaster.

So my question is this, should we win probably the two most important games left for us, would any of us think that this salvaged the season or is league positioning more important than the wee cup?

My view is that finishing 4th and winning it wouldn't be too bad but finishing in the bottom six makes for a woeful season whether we win the wee cup or not.

i think these next two or three games will certainly make or break our season, i have my doubts, as i thnk that we ll struggle in all three of them

i think these next two or three games will certainly make or break our season, i have my doubts, as i thnk that we ll struggle in all three of them

I'd love to say bolox - keep the faith but.......

I'd rather we lost the semi, but pulled outrselves together and started playing football again and finished top 4 than if we went on to win the wee cup but remained as mediocre as ever and finished bottom 6.

And we are 2 games from further embarassment

Have you been asleep for the last 18 months

The word respectable isnt in the romanov dictionary

Im prepared for us to be further embarassed, not improved

If you took the time to understand the post, it's a question asking for opinion, not a statement of fact.

My opinion is that winning the diddy cup and finishing bottom six is not respecable.

Winning the League Cup would make up for finishing 11th in my book.

Try telling the 1950s players that the League Cup is a 'diddy' trophy.

Forget about making the Top six we're not good enough - if we were to win the League Cup then ofcourse it would be welcome but certainly would not cover over all the problems we have at the moment!!

I'd take the League Cup and staying up - as long as there are clear signs by the end of the season that things will be better next year (i.e. decent manager, quality new players lined up, shyyte punted, Romanov on stronger medication etc.)

Frankly, whether we finish 5th or 8th is much of a muchness to me - the league is a write-off.

But I would like some silverware - as long as it's not used to (cliche alert) paper over the cracks.

I'd take the League Cup and staying up - as long as there are clear signs by the end of the season that things will be better next year (i.e. decent manager, quality new players lined up, shyyte punted, Romanov on stronger medication etc.)

Frankly, whether we finish 5th or 8th is much of a muchness to me - the league is a write-off.

But I would like some silverware - as long as it's not used to (cliche alert) paper over the cracks.

Same here - at the moment I'm more concerned we don't get relegated than whether we finish top 6. A bit of silverware would be nice, but getting a proper manager in and weeding out the sh*te players is more important than that.

chester copperpot

2 games from respectability.

I'd say more like 2 games until our season has ended.

Pessimistic I know, however like to think that Im a bit of a realist when it comes to my football team.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Winning the League Cup would make up for finishing 11th in my book.

Try telling the 1950s players that the League Cup is a 'diddy' trophy.

Maybe it wasn't back then but it is now.

Would rather win the Tennents Sixes.

Guest S.U.S.S.
2 games from respectability.

I'd say more like 2 games until our season has ended.

Pessimistic I know, however like to think that Im a bit of a realist when it comes to my football team.

What time you booked to get the tat done?

chester copperpot
What time you booked to get the tat done?

2pm brother, cannae wait.

Leaving work at 1.30, will be back on once finished.

Guest S.U.S.S.
2pm brother, cannae wait.

Leaving work at 1.30, will be back on once finished.

YEEEEESSS!!!

Good man! Will be looking for photos later,

Mine has settled down, get the bepanthen cream and slap that on 3-4 times a day and bosh in a week all done.:)

So we're out the big cup and currently sitting in the lower reaches of the league but with a semi to look forward to.

Personally think we will struggle to finish in the top six but even if we did, for me, anything less than 4th is a disaster.

So my question is this, should we win probably the two most important games left for us, would any of us think that this salvaged the season or is league positioning more important than the wee cup?

My view is that finishing 4th and winning it wouldn't be too bad but finishing in the bottom six makes for a woeful season whether we win the wee cup or not.

I agree, and think we can do this, but if we do not (4th or better) I will still be dissappointed, wvwn if we win the 'wee' cup.

peebles jambo
On February 1st, we will be out the CIS Cup, be 11th, have no manager or any new players.

true, and we'll just grin and bear it , like every other piece of **** that's hit the fan already this season :(

Archived