• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stephane Grappelli

• McGlynn The Money

• Ski Nae

• Bongo 1874

What about something which starts with a really positive and inspiring lyric.  Something like "My heart was broken, sorrow, sorrow"

That would really get the crowd on their feet.

Stephane Grappelli
9 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

Got a request.

Fulfilling it.

I bow to nae *****, nae *****, in my admiration for the OP. However...

This is too slow.

It doesn't scan.

References to "wee Luton" and "bigger league" reek of the type of arrogance associated with the Old Firm and have no place in a diverse, inclusive,  LGBT friendly and living wage paying employer such as Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

The OP should immediately delete this song and every other one that he has posted on here.

It's a no from me.  I'm out.

This song has been sung at every away game so far this season by the young team and at a much quicker tempo than that, not sure if the OP is claiming that he has just written it but it is not new.

8 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

This song has been sung at every away game so far this season by the young team and at a much quicker tempo than that, not sure if the OP is claiming that he has just written it but it is not new.

So it's the young team's fault?  I thought the OP had a monopoly on horrendous songs.

One of the most popular melodies in football. 

Doent pass the JKB test.

What a surprise.

Disclaimer - it’s much quicker than that.

Edited by maroonexile

Stephane Grappelli
26 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Five of these on the first page?

:cornette:

To quote Allan Partridge-

"People like them, let's have more of them."

Stephane Grappelli
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nights in the SN household should be common place around the nation. People need more of this happiness

This.  This by the ****ing bucket load.

queensferryjambo

@Ski Nae

I am liking the fact that you are giving it a bash for Hearts songs and some of the ideas are great but from the outside looking in I think you over complicate your songs possibly making it harder for fans to sing in the stands.

For the fans to sing these possibly less complicated shorter verses and sticking with the decent choruses?

Keep up the good work.

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

@Ski Nae

I am liking the fact that you are giving it a bash for Hearts songs and some of the ideas are great but from the outside looking in I think you over complicate your songs possibly making it harder for fans to sing in the stands.

For the fans to sing these possibly less complicated shorter verses and sticking with the decent choruses?

Keep up the good work.

It's an interesting bag of mixed feedback. 

Yours is constructive and therefore much appreciated. (Not that the haters should feel uncomfortable - the "That's pish" kind of feedback makes me chuckle ?). 

For your information, I haven't written any of the lyrics to any of the songs apart from the Rebel Rebel one. 

I get where you're coming from with the "over-complicatedness". 

Back to the drawing board. 

Oh, and if you see the nurse, can you tell her mine's a bottle of Guinness. 

This song as been sung at many games this season, made up I believe by a section N regular. It has become popular with the young team. Thanks to the OP you can all now join in. Will definitely get an airing tomorrow.

Sing the opening riff..... 

Between a father and a son
In this city we’re number one
Before Tynecastle and the test
We hate the vermin and the rest

Our shining eyes will never cry
Our Glorious Hearts will never die

The house of Lee holds no shame
Olly scores at home again

400 miles  ..... he came with grace and with style
400 miles ...... to the fields of Tynecastle

Sing opening riff

Its a work in progress... 

Brighton Jambo

Don’t click the song thread, don’t click the song thread I tell myself every time.  You will only be disappointed, you always are.  A quick peak only.  Don’t click the video clip, you know it won’t be want you want.  Don’t do it.  I do it every damn time.  

Looking back on when we first met,
I cannot escape and I cannot forget, Uche your the one, scoring goals for fun, its like watching Mark de Vries again 

been sung a few times this season.

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, Ski Nae said:

Oh, and if you see the nurse, can you tell her mine's a bottle of Guinness. 

You had lost me there completely until I looked back and saw another post about the nurse :)

This was getting sung at the St Midden game and pre match at Diggers of all places. Cheers for the lyrics @Ski Nae although that version doesn't do it justice to say the least. Hope the song proper gets picks up by more fans.

2 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

This was getting sung at the St Midden game and pre match at Diggers of all places. Cheers for the lyrics @Ski Nae although that version doesn't do it justice to say the least. Hope the song proper gets picks up by more fans.

Cheers @cameron79

The consensus is that the version posted is too slow. 

I'm looking forward to hearing it done justice. 

5 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

Cheers @cameron79

The consensus is that the version posted is too slow. 

I'm looking forward to hearing it done justice. 

On Oly Lee's Twitter feed there's footage of it being sung and sounding good at Killie. I'm just glad I can now join in with the verse as well as the chorus. 

20 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

On Oly Lee's Twitter feed there's footage of it being sung and sounding good at Killie. I'm just glad I can now join in with the verse as well as the chorus. 

And this is why these videos made by ski nae are great now like u said u know the words and can join in 

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Don’t click the song thread, don’t click the song thread I tell myself every time.  You will only be disappointed, you always are.  A quick peak only.  Don’t click the video clip, you know it won’t be want you want.  Don’t do it.  I do it every damn time.  

:rofl: truth

To the tune of “Shut up and dance with me”

He never holds it back

He loves a 4-3-3

He scores a bucketload

We ****in love wee Olly Lee

Beastin hobos is his destiny

We say ooh ooh ooh, we ****in love wee Olly Lee 

17 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

What about something which starts with a really positive and inspiring lyric.  Something like "My heart was broken, sorrow, sorrow"

That would really get the crowd on their feet.

Good idea, Kiwidoug, I prefer, "Hibs heart's were broken, gleeful, gleeful" ;) 

There’s a lad who strolls along princess street towards the west end belting out Hearts songs, he’s either out his nut, not quite the full shilling, a happy Jambo or a combination of all 3. His tune of choice this evening was this ditty.... I’ll be honest I preferred his version!