Craig Wighton signs on 3yr deal (updated)

Vlad the impaler

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeartofHartley

• rudi must stay

• Top Corner

• letsalldothebeattie

Bazzas right boot

Had to google him.

No idea about him, can't remember him in the games Iv'e seen Dundee play, although he missed most of last season with a dull one- cruciate ligament.

Young lad tho, and represented Scotland at yooof leavels a fair bit.

Vlad the impaler
Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Had to google him.

No idea about him, can't remember him in the games Iv'e seen Dundee play, although he missed most of last season with a dull one- cruciate ligament.

Young lad tho, and represented Scotland at yooof leavels a fair bit.

Was highly thought of when he first broke through,think we’ve had a nibble at him before

Vlad the impaler

Wouldn’t surprise me if jack Hamilton was used as a sweetener at beginning of summer to conclude this deal

Is he any good? Reading the Dundee paper seems to suggest he’s been struggling for game time? Maybe another who will hopefully progress like Souttar. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Cool. Always liked him, exciting player. Might have been the Barry Bannan lookalike? 

Nan he’s more like Craig nelsons wee bro!!!

letsalldothebeattie

Cracking wee player. This could be another Souttar style deal for us. Wighton a fantastic young talent when breaking through(like Souttar) but seems to have lost his way(like Souttar) this could be the move to reignite Wighton’s career again. 

Romanov Stole My Pension

I don't know much about this guy. Dundee are notorious under McCann for creating plenty of opportunities but not being able to finish them which makes me a week bit worried. Can someone reassure me? 

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

He scored to relegate Utd.

Hopefully does the same this season to relegate the vermin!

While attending Harris Academy, Wighton was snapped by Dundee under the management of Barry Smith, the team he supported as a boy.[1] He came through the same training clinic, run by Ian Cathro, as fellow Scottish prospects Ryan Gauld and John Souttar. Wighton revealed he turned down a move to local rivals Dundee United, as his family are Dundee supporters.

The_razors_edge
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Cracking wee player. This could be another Souttar style deal for us. Wighton a fantastic young talent when breaking through(like Souttar) but seems to have lost his way(like Souttar) this could be the move to reignite Wighton’s career again. 

This is almost word for word what my Dundee supporting mate said. He also said Hartley ruined him and set his development back around 3 years. Definitely one with potential 

1 minute ago, brux said:

He will not make it at hearts unfortunately, not good enough.

At least you gave him a chance.   But he flopped.  Let's sell him.

Ibrahim Tall

Odd one, had potential a few years ago but seems to have been injured more than fit lately.

Ill trust Craig/Austin’s judgement on this but it feels like another Robbie Muirhead.

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

This is almost word for word what my Dundee supporting mate said. He also said Hartley ruined him and set his development back around 3 years. Definitely one with potential 

Was wondering if it was Hartley or McCann because he’s hardly played under either but maybe even less under McCann

3 minutes ago, brux said:

He will not make it at hearts unfortunately, not good enough.

Good to see your giving the boy a chance ?. Personally think he looked exciting when breaking through, was unlucky with an injury and will hopefully strive with the experience around him at the club if a deal does happen. 

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

At least you gave him a chance.   But he flopped.  Let's sell him.

Opinions my man, we are all entitled to them here, I don't think he will do well, others think he will, wait this must be a forum where you can express your own opinion!

Edited by brux

I presume if this is true, then the Sow deal is off.

The guy sounds like he could be a decent prospect.  From the article, it seems that Dundee are prepared to offload him because they've signed 38 year old Kenny Miller.  That sounds like great long term planning, no wonder Dundee are in such a mess!

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Cool. Always liked him, exciting player. Might have been the Barry Bannan lookalike? 

The Barry Bannan rumour was made up shite.

An attention seeking wee ned with nothing better to do.

The Internet
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

80 games, 7 goals. Prolific.

Wouldn't look too much into goalscoring records for wingers of his age. 100 games under his belt at 21 is decent. 

1 minute ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Good to see your giving the boy a chance ?. Personally think he looked exciting when breaking through, was unlucky with an injury and will hopefully strive with the experience around him at the club if a deal does happen. 

And I respect your optimistic opinion. I hope you are correct, from what I've seen I don't think he will be good enough, happy to be wrong.

Sceptical. Hardly prolific. Not a replacement for Lafferty. Get Vanecek in now or Sow. Or buy this guy too but 6 figures????? really??? Am I missing something? If I am, please tell me.

I know sometimes players like this turn out great but he has scored 8 goals in 80 games or something like that. If he does join us, I will fully support him but I am surprised.

Not prolific but he's played a decent number of games for a 21 year old who's been out injured for a while.     Young enough to turn out to be a Gary Wales or Andy Kirk sort of signing.  Hopefully better.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

6 figure deal according to the evening telegraph

See the source image

Although his first team appearances have been limited since he returned from a serious knee injury late last season, the 21-year-old has continued to be watched by a string of clubs from both sides of the border.

Their number included Scottish Champions Celtic, but with the Jambos moving swiftly, his future lies with the current Premiership leaders

:pleasing:

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

i wish jj was my dad

I think after all the bollocks posted on here in the not too distant past people would be less inclined to write off the judgement of out management team now. 

If Craig rates him that will do for this happy clapper.

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Wouldn't look too much into goalscoring records for wingers of his age. 100 games under his belt at 21 is decent. 

Is he a WINGER or a STRIKER ? 

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

80 games, 7 goals. Prolific.

Arguably more than half those games were from the bench. Bagged the goal that relegated United the other year so shows he’s capable of doing it in the big games

I’ll back Levein on this. Could be a John Souttar esq signing. A younger player who lost his way a bit but who has bags of potential.