Mitchell returns on a season long loan (confirmed)

thehibsaregay

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Brilliant to have him back for the season!

What do people think our strongest line up is now?

Seen a lot of talk about Garuccio and Demi down the left. How do we fit Naismith into that? One striker?

Bobby

Smith Souttar Dunne Garuccio 

Lee Haring

Morrison Naismith Demi

Uche

Not having that very unfunny comedian in midfield.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Famous 1874

• Agentjambo

millerjames398
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not having that very unfunny comedian in midfield.

He's brutal, could maybe do a job at left wing?

He contributes to the FoH. That for me is still unreal. 

He needs a song.

He needs to know he’s always a Jambo.

Totally forgot about that Kyle lad we had a while back.

56 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Wasn't slagging the boy off mate, we all realise he has his limitations.

But like you, I was making a case for him still being around the first team.

His workrate and as I suggested, his pace, make him a useful weapon in the correct circumstances.

Unlike Martin and Amankwa, who appear to simply be weapons.

I don't expect Mulreaney to be a regular starter, I'm sure you'll agree but I think there are still some good reasons to have him around the senior squad

Got you buddy

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Is this season the end of the '5 year plan'? Cos we're going for the title by the looks of things! ??

Yes and no. This is the 5th season of the 'Budge & Levein'/post-admin era, so it does represent the final year of any five year plan they may have drawn up at the start, but no business (well, no successful one anyway!) will draw up a plan that looks a set number of years ahead, and then just religiously follow that plan until the end of he period. Circumstances change, certain things won't go as well as planned, certain things will go better than planned, and plans will always be evolving over time to reflect this. So the club's plans right now for the rest of this season are likely to be significantly different from what would have been in any original five year plan. 

It's also worth bearing in mind that the effects of administration and the mismanagement prior to that will linger, to an (albeit diminishing) extent beyond five years from exiting administration. By this stage, I see that as mainly just affecting our youth player supplies to the first team. Right now, while we have some extremely promising young talent such as Cochrane, MacDonald, Morrison and several others, none of them are anywhere near the stage yet where they're actually fully developed adult first team players. Normally, we should be able to have a mix of signings from other clubs, fully developed players that have come from our youth setup, and young players coming through but not fully developed yet to supplement the first two categories. Until this batch of youngsters reach that stage of being fully developed (the ones that are at the club till they reach that stage anyway), we'll still be being slightly hampered by that lack of supply of players prior to the emergence of the current batch of youngsters breaking through. 

The Mitchell signing being completed will be such a boost for Craig Levein, he will soon be champing at the bit to get back to enjoy HIS new squad, get well soon Craig.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

So it was you who jinxed us Wattie?  :rifle:

it was a nightmare mate i even seen guys in there late 60,s fighting after the game 

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

I remember saying to my old man when we dropped points the week before, “it’ll be good to win it on the last day”.

“Naw son, I’d rather it was in the bag.”

I’ve never forgotten it. And never been back either.

It’s starting to feel like it did back then. Feet are firmly on the ground though.

:jambobanana:

5 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

:jambobanana:

If we somehow manage to pull it off this season Wattie,  I'm looking forward to another live rendition of The Exploited celebrating the occasion - '**** You Celtic, the Hearts have won the league' has a very nice ring to it :rifle:

Jack Torrance
3 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

We beat Clydebank the week before bud. I was mascot that day and Gary scored a screamer. 

2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Seems you have forgotten it mate, we beat Clydebank in the penultimate game 1-0 with Mackay scoring in the top corner!!

we never dropped points but if we’d scored a good few even st bribery couldn’t have thrown that many goals!!!

Must’ve  been a few weeks before. Or the Celtic result didn’t go our way. I just remember being nieve thinking we’d win on the last day. Losing never crossed my mind, we’d been so dominant.

Still waiting 32 years later. Maybe it’s time....

wattie exploited
23 minutes ago, RobNox said:

If we somehow manage to pull it off this season Wattie,  I'm looking forward to another live rendition of The Exploited celebrating the occasion - '**** You Celtic, the Hearts have won the league' has a very nice ring to it :rifle:

for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!:wattie:

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Ah fair enough. Figured it had to be that but I always thought it was to do with employment laws and visas when they said that rather than football clearance. Live and learn! 

That's work permits!

Bloody great news to wake up to Welcome back son!!!!

Cannot wait for Saturday.

Exciting times indeed some very, very good signings this year.

Can someone indulge an exile and tell me a bit about Morrison.  He's the one who seems to have come on leaps and bounds in the summer 

What are his main strengths?  Seem to recall he is a good crosser and has great composure.

9 hours ago, geomac said:

Aye nervy 1-0, every body else scoring lots against them, another couple would have done it

I remember it. I think there was a sense of  nervous tension in the terracing, even more than at Dens. 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Can someone indulge an exile and tell me a bit about Morrison.  He's the one who seems to have come on leaps and bounds in the summer 

What are his main strengths?  Seem to recall he is a good crosser and has great composure.

Direct.  Wants to run with the ball and get the cross in.  90% of the time he’ll get the ball in the box or win a corner, which is a god send compared to what we were used to.  Always looking for the ball, never hides.  I like him, similar mould to King and Nicholson.

Superb to get Demi back, :notworthy:

He's gonna make such a difference to us this season in search of trophies,  best signing  by far. brilliant!

:flagwave:

HHGH 

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The Gorgie Fist of Fun?

10F15A65-B59E-47BD-AFB6-77CD95C559DC.jpeg

Ha. Our squad is too big and we can' t offload all the deadwood like Martin. I do however give credit to the management team and give them the benefit of my doubt in that they know what they are doing. But that is about 70 players now brought in under Budge. This Dundee player will not do anything. He will just be another piece if deadwood that we will be stuck with.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Ha. Our squad is too big and we can' t offload all the deadwood like Martin. I do however give credit to the management team and give them the benefit of my doubt in that they know what they are doing. But that is about 70 players now brought in under Budge. This Dundee player will not do anything. He will just be another piece if deadwood that we will be stuck with.

Just curious I8 apart from Martin who would you consider deadwood out of our 70 man squad?

Dallas Green
13 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You've set the bar very low there DG! 

To quote Wayne Campbell. 

"She's a babe, she's magically babelicious"

12 hours ago, Taffin said:

Brilliant to have him back for the season!

What do people think our strongest line up is now?

Seen a lot of talk about Garuccio and Demi down the left. How do we fit Naismith into that? One striker?

Bobby

Smith Souttar Dunne Garuccio 

Lee Haring

Morrison Naismith Demi

Uche

This is a strong team defo but i feel we are better going forward with maclean on the park as well

difficult to fit everyone in but its a good problem to have i suppoose

Heartsofgold
11 hours ago, S Form said:

Lucky you. It was the worst ever. And having been there I’m not keen on all this title talk after we’ve won just three games. One match at a time chaps.

I was 12 and on the terrace at dens with My mum who’s a massive Jambo. That day goes down as the 2nd worse in my life. I didn’t come out of my room until the Wednesday. Mum called me in sick to school. Went back and one of my school mates who was a big Celtic fan and a bawbag over and above that, decided to get in my face. Not his best move or mine. Broke his nose and got detention for a week. Mum was both mad and please. 

Edited by Heartsofgold

26 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Just curious I8 apart from Martin who would you consider deadwood out of our 70 man squad?

I never said we had a 70 man squad. 

Sorry you are quite right so which players at present are dead wood.

I do feel AH will struggle but is a capable replacement, Zanatta has not really set the heather alight and Jake Mulraney has taken time to settle - but may be an ongoing project.

Anyone you would add?

1 minute ago, neonjambo said:

Sorry you are quite right so which players at present are dead wood.

I do feel AH will struggle but is a capable replacement, Zanatta has not really set the heather alight and Jake Mulraney has taken time to settle - but may be an ongoing project.

Anyone you would add?

Amankwaa

Callachan?

Edwards??

Probably a couple more of the young players who are at a later stage, like Zanatta, will be on their way after this season

Forgot about Danny, I can't judge Ryan Edwards as I haven't seen him play it does look like the management are looking to farm him out but maybe that was a plan all along?

Bobby Burns saw plenty of pre-season but was shipped out also, I'd suggest that is not because he is surplus to requirements.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You said much the same about Uche when he was signed and now your creaming over him.

The attention seeking is tiresome mate.

42 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I was 12 and on the terrace at dens with My mum who’s a massive Jambo. That day goes down as the 2nd worse in my life. I didn’t come out of my room until the Wednesday. Mum called me in sick to school. Went back and one of my school mates who was a big Celtic fan and a bawbag over and above that, decided to get in my face. Not his best move or mine. Broke his nose and got detention for a week. Mum was both mad and please. 

?? football eh brings out the worst in us sometimes ??.

Everybody Loves Baz!
1 hour ago, jambogemz said:

You said much the same about Uche when he was signed and now your creaming over him.

The attention seeking is tiresome mate.

Put him on ignore. His knowledge of anything football related could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

To quote Wayne Campbell. 

"She's a babe, she's magically babelicious"

200w.gif

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

36 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Put him on ignore. His knowledge of anything football related could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

How mature. Putting your fingers in your ears and going "laa laa laa" because you don't like what the big bad man is saying. 

On 29/08/2018 at 09:33, neonjambo said:

Forgot about Danny, I can't judge Ryan Edwards as I haven't seen him play it does look like the management are looking to farm him out but maybe that was a plan all along?

Bobby Burns saw plenty of pre-season but was shipped out also, I'd suggest that is not because he is surplus to requirements.

You're quite correct.  Austin McPhee spoke about this in his press conference today,  As a consequence of getting Demi in, Burns would fall down the pecking order, so it is better to put him out on loan and get first team experience elsewhere than have him milling about in the reserves.