Mitchell returns on a season long loan (confirmed)

thehibsaregay

Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

Not really bothered about getting money for developing him, having him for a full season will pay for its self

I agree, I think it's more aimed at the smaller clubs or boy's clubs that would really appreciate any extra funds.

Imagine Hutchison Vale have  boy at 15 and he moves on then before his 23rd birthday a club sells him for £1million, Hutchie would be entitled to 5% of 5% of the fee which is £2,500

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Famous 1874

• ...a bit disco

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Section 5 of this confirms that we would be due a payment as we are officially his "training club"

http://www.lafferabogados.com/2017/04/07/the-training-compensation-system/

I took the wife to Gleneagles in September 2014 for our anniversary and I sat and ignored her for maybe 3 hours while I just sat listening to them :)

She’ll be delighted to hear it wasn’t all a wasted trip!!

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, JME said:

All but confirmed by the club. We're going to be a team to be reckoned with this season. 

:clyay:

Maybe its just me, but the contract extension thing is something that annoys me with big clubs. If they did it because they believe the player will come back and be a first team player I could understand (I think Burnley have hopes for Dunne in regards to this) but its done so that if he plays well for us, they want a Championship club to buy him next summer. Its pure speculation of the market if that is the case.

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Maybe its just me, but the contract extension thing is something that annoys me with big clubs. If they did it because they believe the player will come back and be a first team player I could understand (I think Burnley have hopes for Dunne in regards to this) but its done so that if he plays well for us, they want a Championship club to buy him next summer. Its pure speculation of the market if that is the case.

I'm not sure. I reckon they hoped he was ready now and that's why he went on their pre-season tour.

They have decided he is not quite ready yet and that's why the new deal and the loan.

I think they still have high hopes for him, he was their young player of the year last season.

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think that's most likely what will happen, you wouldn't give a player you value as a good prospect for the first team only a one year extension when he is free to sign a pre-contract in January.

But who knows? 

Edited by JME

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Absolutely right. Building guys hopes up only to dash them and not many EPL clubs are having the guts to give young players a chance, Dunne and Mitchell are examples of good loans you can pick up. Good pros with talent, delighted Mitchell looks like he's coming back, in the big games last season he didn't look out of place so he should fit into a stronger team easily. 

Edited by rudi must stay

jamboinglasgow
Just now, graygo said:

I'm not sure. I reckon they hoped he was ready now and that's why he went on their pre-season tour.

They have decided he is not quite ready yet and that's why the new deal and the loan.

I think they still have high hopes for him, he was their young player of the year last season.

May well be.

I just always have a feeling that some clubs do that to make money from a player they never will play, hence why you have a player who keeps on a clubs books, getting yearly extensions and loans with the club hoping to make money without ever intending to use them in the first team. Chelsea are the worst, Lucas Piazon for example signed for Chelsea at 18, is now 24 having been on loan to 5 clubs, out on loan every season since 2013 and only 3 apperaces for Chelsea.

I think it says a huge amount that Man U have extended then let him come to us and prove himself for a season with us.

Edited by Jammy T

Mitchell is actually very well thought of at Manchester United. I don’t think it’s a case of trying to punt him to a Championship team for money. They still hope he can make it there.

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

May well be.

I just always have a feeling that some clubs do that to make money from a player they never will play, hence why you have a player who keeps on a clubs books, getting yearly extensions and loans with the club hoping to make money without ever intending to use them in the first team. Chelsea are the worst, Lucas Piazon for example signed for Chelsea at 18, is now 24 having been on loan to 5 clubs, out on loan every season since 2013 and only 3 apperaces for Chelsea.

Oh they do, no doubt about it. I just think this might be a genuine case where they think he has a chance or he would be loaned somewhere a bit more high profile.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Oh they do, no doubt about it. I just think this might be a genuine case where they think he has a chance or he would be loaned somewhere a bit more high profile.

I hope so, as it would be a source of pride seeing Mitchell play for Man U knowing we helped craft him into the player he is.

The Old Tolbooth

I don’t think there’s much between us and the Championship clubs, their league is vastly over rated, and I think in Scotland we have learned to box clever because we don’t have a dearth of cash to spunk on players like they do, and some of the transfer fees they pay for utter shite is mind boggling, maybe that’s the reason Scottish managers go down there and do so well, whereas the odd English manager to come up here almost always fails, miserably! 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’m getting very excited about the thought of Mitchell and Garuccio down that left flank. 

Hopefully Man Utd let us play him as a winger but I feel as though they'll want us to develop him as a wing/left back.

Edited by JME

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I hope so, as it would be a source of pride seeing Mitchell play for Man U knowing we helped craft him into the player he is.

Even as a Liverpool fan, that would make me happy ? 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, JME said:

Hopefully Man Utd let us play him as a winger but I feel as though they'll want us to develop him as a wing/left back.

Yeah that’s my fear with the new contract being signed. If he was going to be leaving we could pretty much do what we want with him.

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It is annoying I agree but it's how big clubs help pay for their academies. Tbf to Demetri he is clearly a big Man U fan so he will be clinging to the hope of making their first team. 

8 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Yeah that’s my fear with the new contract being signed. If he was going to be leaving we could pretty much do what we want with him.

As far as I recall that was the case last season. The problem is do we drop Garuccio? I have no doubt Demi is the better player (although I also like Ben).

But is it right to drop a player when he and the team are playing well and what message does that send to the players?

Edited by JME

Tennant's  6's

:robboyas:

Although I thought for a split second that he'd signed for Hearts until 2020! One season loam deal will do just nicely all the same !

1 hour ago, JME said:

All but confirmed by the club. We're going to be a team to be reckoned with this season. 

:clyay:

Was just watching the fulham highlights and the way schurrle cut inside and curled it off the bar just made me think of what Demi can do and is capable of

Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

This team now btw, wow. Where do we think he will play? LB or further forward?

Utd probably want us to use him as a LWB but would love to see him in front of Garrucio...LW & cover at LWB for Garrucio would be the way!

12 minutes ago, jamb-oz said:

Utd probably want us to use him as a LWB but would love to see him in front of Garrucio...LW & cover at LWB for Garrucio would be the way!

Played more as a winger for Utd in pre season

I hope he doesn't go rampaging down the wing against Hibs, creating chance after chance, banging in a couple himself and generally tearing them to shreds.

That would be terrible.  They would be cursing Mr Gustas for his lack of action.

Fantastic bit of business to get him back again.

Certainly shaping up to be an interesting season. We've certainly got the personnel on board to cause every single team in the league problems now.

North Berwick Jambo

Fantastic business by Levein, absolutely delighted he is coming back for the season ?

Brilliant bit of business again by Levein. Hopefully Mulreany will develop his skills in the reserves from now on........not ready and may never be.

49 minutes ago, Lightbulb said:

Brilliant bit of business again by Levein. Hopefully Mulreany will develop his skills in the reserves from now on........not ready and may never be.

Impact player at the end of matches, not a starter.

Alex Kintner
6 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Played more as a winger for Utd in pre season

Didn’t he start at left back in the two preseason games he played?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Have we got people posted

• Airport
  • Railway stations
  • Tynie
  • Riccarton
  • Posh hotels

Not at the bus station obviously, just a bit Hibs.

Names, we want names! Deadline week, my favourite week for insanity

34 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

The first game he played as lb but every other appearance was as a winger

41 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Even played RW in one of the games

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Even played RW in one of the games

Just checked and you’re totally right mate ?? He also started one match on the left wing ahead of Luke Shaw.

Now I’m even more excited for his arrival as clearly Man Utd have realised he’s better as an attacker

:pleasing:

Ibrahim Tall
1 hour ago, Lightbulb said:

Harsh, he's played his part in every win so far - including vs Celtic where basically took Tierney out the game attacking wise.

Hes 'raw' and probably not good enough to start at the moment but his pace alone worries opposition.

larbert_jambo
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

0922 and still nothing.

Its 1026 here in Majorca and still nothing! 

Levein ooooot 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Harsh, he's played his part in every win so far - including vs Celtic where basically took Tierney out the game attacking wise.

Hes 'raw' and probably not good enough to start at the moment but his pace alone worries opposition.

Correct. Twice he has stopped an opponent player from doing anything in a match. Means he can follow instructions well. I think he will continue to develop with us.

Just now, larbert_jambo said:

Its 1026 here in Majorca and still nothing! 

Levein ooooot 

It's Tuesday somewhere in the world and he's still not signed :(

The chat of where HAVE to play him is misguided imo. Football isn't like a computer game where it's dcm, lb, lwb etc.

Even throughout games positions vary and our shape in particular is very fluid. Even assigning a 442 or 352 or whatever is often redundant these days.

Parent clubs may say they want a player used in a certain way but especially with wide players, there can be no dictate. It wouldn't make sense.

We'll use him as we see fit game by game but he could probably play just about anywhere other than CH!!

5 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Just checked and you’re totally right mate ?? He also started one match on the left wing ahead of Luke Shaw.

Now I’m even more excited for his arrival as clearly Man Utd have realised he’s better as an attacker

:pleasing:

Pretty exciting though sometimes a very attacking fullback plus a winger is even more exciting (so Ben behind Demi but just as exciting if not Moreno, Demi behind McDonald or Morrison)