• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Cruyff Turn

4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

If his club released him, could we sign him as a free agent to play earlier than 1st Jan ?

No

You have to be released during a transfer window to be able to sign for another club 

Whilst it would make for a football free festive period we could really do with a really nasty period of weather from 15 Dec to early Jan. Get four or five games postponed into the Feb/March time period when we have a fully fit squad. 

On 05/11/2018 at 20:04, soonbe110 said:

Whilst it would make for a football free festive period we could really do with a really nasty period of weather from 15 Dec to early Jan. Get four or five games postponed into the Feb/March time period when we have a fully fit squad. 

Thibkbyou are forgetting we have a state of the art pitch with under soil as good as anything.  Unless it’s hazardous for fans there is no chance of games being postponed unfortunately, fingers crossed though. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Thibkbyou are forgetting we have a state of the art pitch with under soil as good as anything.  Unless it’s hazardous for fans there is no chance of games being postponed unfortunately, fingers crossed though. 

Beast East Part Deux

30 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Agree it’s a long shot but Livvy Away on a Friday night and Aberdeen Away on 22/12 could both fall victim to bad weather, either pitch or roads/surrounding areas. Hibs Away on 29/12 May have to get moved. 17.30 ko on a Saturday makes no sense from a crowd behaviour standpoint. If police or SPFL want it moved it would be up to tv company. Could easily get rescheduled either to 1st or 2nd Jan or February. 

Love how big dave is continually counting down the days until he signs for the Famous and he's continuing to score goals for Teplice 

Finally we'll have a target man who can win a fricking ball in the air 

The Future's Maroon
On 05/11/2018 at 14:52, The Frenchman Returns said:

Only hope would be the 530pm ko on the Saturday being moved to 1st or 2nd or postponed. All extremely unlikely 

With the weather in Scotland, there is hope.

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Love how big dave is continually counting down the days until he signs for the Famous and he's continuing to score goals for Teplice 

Finally we'll have a target man who can win a fricking ball in the air 

I've never played football at any serious level, but as a defender I don't know how you go about dealing with someone that tall, and I'm assuming muscular too so can't be pushed off the ball fairly.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but supposedly Vanecek has requested his strip number to be 51. Seems keen to be a fans favourite at the famous!

13 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Firstly, undersoil heating wouldn't deal with a couple of feet of snow, and secondly, I'm pretty sure that not all of our games in mid to late December are at home!

12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree it’s a long shot but Livvy Away on a Friday night and Aberdeen Away on 22/12 could both fall victim to bad weather, either pitch or roads/surrounding areas. Hibs Away on 29/12 May have to get moved. 17.30 ko on a Saturday makes no sense from a crowd behaviour standpoint. If police or SPFL want it moved it would be up to tv company. Could easily get rescheduled either to 1st or 2nd Jan or February. 

There's no way the derby is getting rescheduled, unless it's postponed because of the weather. If the police were going to object to the current scheduling, they'd have done so long before now.

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

I've never played football at any serious level, but as a defender I don't know how you go about dealing with someone that tall, and I'm assuming muscular too so can't be pushed off the ball fairly.

i was taught to foul them relentlessly, unless they were tall, muscular AND evil, in which case they could basically do what they liked.

2 hours ago, Robbie1902 said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned but supposedly Vanecek has requested his strip number to be 51. Seems keen to be a fans favourite at the famous!

I wonder if he’s got a wee pal who goes by the name of Rudi?

7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

i was taught to foul them relentlessly, unless they were tall, muscular AND evil, in which case they could basically do what they liked.

:rofl:

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Winning balls in the air usually meant being clever. Little nudges to put them off balance, any pressure is good pressure so even if you weren't going to win the ball just the action of going for it alongside them could be enough to put them off or spoil their angle. Then it's a case of making sure you're first to the second ball.

7 hours ago, frankblack said:

Me neither but he'll be a handfull strong, tall and has a decent touch scores a lot with his head so will add a lot in January i canny wait till he gets here 

15 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Me neither but he'll be a handfull strong, tall and has a decent touch scores a lot with his head so will add a lot in January i canny wait till he gets here 

Hope him and Uche can compliment each other well, Vanecek winning flick ons for Uche to bulldose onto and Uche getting the crosses in like Laffertys goal against celtic 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
23 hours ago, PB21 said:

1232684D-9D5C-4BA5-8295-FBD2D5EE588C.jpeg

Not sure why I didn't put 2 + 2 together before, but could Bobby have been our scout for Van the Man?

I cannot wait to see Dave and Uche playing together.   Going to be awesome.

Shanks said no

Sun    11/11/18    CZL    Teplice - Sigma Olomouc
Fri      16/11/18    CUP    Dukla Praha - Teplice 
Fri      23/11/18    CZL    Dukla Praha - Teplice 
Fri      30/11/18    CZL    Teplice - Slovan Liberec 
Fri      07/12/18    CZL    Sparta Praha - Teplice 

These are the games listed online that Teplice are schedules to play.

Last season the next round of the cup was played the following March

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

On 05/11/2018 at 15:14, tartofmidlothian said:

Uche won't be back, but Naismith should be.

Uche has a foot injury FFS - surely not 5 months. I think we are playing this a bit cute.

Edited by tcjambo

3 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Not sure why I didn't put 2 + 2 together before, but could Bobby have been our scout for Van the Man?

Maybe Rudi gave us the tip about both ?

Edited by tcjambo

7 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Sun    11/11/18    CZL    Teplice - Sigma Olomouc
Fri      16/11/18    CUP    Dukla Praha - Teplice 
Fri      23/11/18    CZL    Dukla Praha - Teplice 
Fri      30/11/18    CZL    Teplice - Slovan Liberec 
Fri      07/12/18    CZL    Sparta Praha - Teplice 

These are the games listed online that Teplice are schedules to play.

Last season the next round of the cup was played the following March

I  see the game on Sunday is against Sigma the other team who tried to sign him in the summer. 

Hope they don't kick lumps out of him for snubbing them!

Actually it worries me that expectations of this guy are way too high. I'm sure he'll do well in the long term but I hope he's given a fair chance to settle in. 

34 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I  see the game on Sunday is against Sigma the other team who tried to sign him in the summer. 

Hope they don't kick lumps out of him for snubbing them!

Actually it worries me that expectations of this guy are way too high. I'm sure he'll do well in the long term but I hope he's given a fair chance to settle in. 

At least he will be match fit and have time to settle during January break. No real excuses for him not to hit the ground running. 

The Future's Maroon
36 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Like Sean Clare for example, being written off after his first couple of games by the ever demanding JKB?!

I think the big thing about this is he is plying week in week out so should hit the ground running.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Like Sean Clare for example, being written off after his first couple of games by the ever demanding JKB?!

I think the big thing about this is he is plying week in week out so should hit the ground running.

I wood think so, yes

Looking forward to seeing big Van, and we really need him. I do not see it as Van or Uche. When Uche gets back he can be running at defences and playing off Van, I do not see Uche as a natural target man or hold-up type, although he did a job there. Uche and Naismith playing off Van, can't wait.

tartofmidlothian
23 hours ago, Robbie1902 said:

He and Rudi played on opposing teams a few weeks back, there's no doubt they must have had a wee chat after.

Surely if his last game is the  7th December he can travel straight after that, maybe get presented to the crowd?

Edited by TypoonJambo