Regal King Size

Guest czechmate

• 12 years later...
jack D and coke

£12.50 I think...they were my snouts. 

Ive been stopped for over 3 years now but I mind saying if they went to two quid that was it...😐

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

£12.50 I think...they were my snouts. 

Ive been stopped for over 3 years now but I mind saying if they went to two quid that was it...😐

Christ, I gave up knocking on 20 years ago and they were somewhere about £5 then. 

I was looking at the Bayern programme the other day and there's an ad on the back for Capital fags. £1.18.

Edited by Lemongrab

They were my Dads cig of choice,  I remember being sent to the newsagent, and it was 27p for 10 - and i got to keep the 3p change.  That was round about the time my pocket money went up from 10p to 50p a week.

That was when you could send a ten year off for cigarettes, and also when you could get packets of 10.

Just now, Captain Slog said:

They were my Dads cig of choice,  I remember being sent to the newsagent, and it was 27p for 10 - and i got to keep the 3p change.  That was round about the time my pocket money went up from 10p to 50p a week.

That was when you could send a ten year off for cigarettes, and also when you could get packets of 10.

iirc it was 1977, Red Rum won the National, and I won £5 on my very first bet - a fortune then.  My first pint was 55p in Piggies in Broxburn, that would have been 83 or 84

The only decent smokes. But thankfully I've been of ciggies for over 11 years. I went from Regal to Mayfair to roll ups back to Mayfair and then to feck this. As for the Q? They must be about 12 and hauf quid or more. 

20 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Does anyone remember a brand of cigarettes called

george players I think the name was

Do you mean John players special?

30 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

You are right I checked up on eBay you could actually 

purchase old cigarette boxes for any collectors out there 

Was my tab of choice as a thrusting young buck. Used to be able to buy a ten deck, matches and a packet of skins for a pound! 

Must've been about 1990 or so. 

Edited by Craig_

26 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

You are right I checked up on eBay you could actually 

purchase old cigarette boxes for any collectors out there 

JPS Red is the go to now for people that used to smoke Regal or L&B, they're 8 quid odds. 

Governor Tarkin
46 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

ASB

We need more ASB imo. 

On topic-ish though, when I was a nipper a tenner would buy you a 16th of Afghan black, 10 Regal Kingsize, a packet of blue rizla, a box of bluebell matches, and a glass bottle of Irn Bru (and some penny chews with the smash) . 

All available each Friday afternoon from inside and outside the Chip Inn. 

Halcyon days. 

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Was my tab of choice as a thrusting young buck. Used to be able to buy a ten deck, matches and a packet of skins for a pound! 

Must've been about 1990 or so. 

:spoton:

:rofl:

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

My dad's brand, came in a black packet IIRC.

My mother on the other hand, Woodbine was her fags.

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

JPS Red is the go to now for people that used to smoke Regal or L&B, they're 8 quid odds. 

Those JPS fags cost over £9 now. 😲 They're part of a cheapo range they do, similar in quality to brands like Carlton and Sovereign.  I think the ones similar to Regal are over £12.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My dad's brand, came in a black packet IIRC.

My mother on the other hand, Woodbine was her fags.

Woodbine was my Dad’s.

Batchelors was my Mum’s.

Listening to him cough his guts up must have put me off smoking.

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Embassy Focus Points.

Trying to think what I got with them...a drakar noir set or something :lol: aftershave and a camera or some pish 
Handy for the roaches an all 😀

been here before
31 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I want a gift book.

Awww bless. Someones getting a gift book and attention mixed up.

4 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Embassy Focus Points.

Got them wit Regal KS too. I got a cordless phone with mine.

Also got a hairdryer with something like 20 packet fronts

I don’t understand how people can afford to smoke now. Depending if you go for premium quality or cheap bingo fags you’re looking at around £70 a week on average if you’re a 20 a day type. Then chalk on the price of a pint when we could still do that. There are boys in my local that are there nearly every night for 4 or 5 pints and constantly popping out to smoke. That’s over £200 a week or around £10k a year. 

1 hour ago, Candy said:

1 hour ago, Candy said:

😂

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I don’t understand how people can afford to smoke now. Depending if you go for premium quality or cheap bingo fags you’re looking at around £70 a week on average if you’re a 20 a day type. Then chalk on the price of a pint when we could still do that. There are boys in my local that are there nearly every night for 4 or 5 pints and constantly popping out to smoke. That’s over £200 a week or around £10k a year. 

Weirdly, only jakies smoke nowadays so god knows how they get the money

8 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Regal King Size were undoubtedly the coolest cigarette in the history of smoking. 

Embassy no.1  was were the cool  dudes were at.

Stopping smoking about 20 years ago.

Dont feel any better or richer since stopping .

God knows how people can afford to smoke these days..

10 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Anybody remember the beautiful black and gold (fag packet livery) JPS Lotus F1 car making an appearance on the Waverley concourse? 1983-ish?

Салатные палочки
9 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more ASB imo. 

On topic-ish though, when I was a nipper a tenner would buy you a 16th of Afghan black, 10 Regal Kingsize, a packet of blue rizla, a box of bluebell matches, and a glass bottle of Irn Bru (and some penny chews with the smash) . 

All available each Friday afternoon from inside and outside the Chip Inn. 

Halcyon days. 

I think a 16th was what we called a "deal". So thin you could shave with it but it passed the time on the long afternoons when me and a couple of mates were out of work. 

Wake up, ask for a few quid for bus fares to go "job seeking", meet up with my mates at the shop and get ten Lambert and Butler (the cheapest then), a packet of skins and then someone would "jump doon for a deal". All that for £10 and that was only about 1998. 

My mate was a master at making it go a long way. A couple of joints and can pipes (if we were outside) or a couple of buckets (if someone had an empty). 

There used to be a careers office for 16-18yo where you could get assigned a worker who got you interviews. You had to go to most or got chucked off it but every so often you could say you couldn't find the place or some other bullshit and they would let you away with it. They would give you £5-£10 for fares depending where the interview was. If we all managed to blag an interview on the same visit to the office then we could potentially walk out with £30. That would get us a quarter (£25 back then), a 20 deck, skins and a couple of bottles of juice and that would be us for a whole day and night and some of the next day. 

Anyway, I digress :laugh:. I smoked either Club or Regal. Then they became too expensive so I moved onto Mayfair then baccy and now I use an e-cig. 

55 minutes ago, Tott said:

Embassy no.1  was were the cool  dudes were at.

Stopping smoking about 20 years ago.

Dont feel any better or richer since stopping .

God knows how people can afford to smoke these days..

I agree Embassy tips were my brand until I joined the army and moved to England then somehow moved on to Lambert & Butlers.

53 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Used to smoke 'wee Regal' til they got too dear.

I still buy these,£12.75 out the local shop.I still like to smoke a cigarette when I'm on the bevvy,don't bother any other time.

2 hours ago, Boof said:

Anybody remember the beautiful black and gold (fag packet livery) JPS Lotus F1 car making an appearance on the Waverley concourse? 1983-ish?

One of the best looking formula 1 cars ever the formula 1 cars

look ugly nowadays mainly because of the safety regulations which is no bad thing

A thread about smoking is bad enough.

Bumping a thread about smoking, an almost 13 year old thread, is ridiculous.

Strange.  🤷🏿‍♂️

Gold Flake Honey Dew. They were the best by a long shot. To begin with I smoked them to have a poke at my Dad who smoked Senior Service. Your not only stupid for smoking, your also a snob for smoking them, he would say. In Canada it was Players. Three years now and it was so easy. I wish I could go back and beat myself stupid for being so stupid.  

Tenaciousdandy

I remember back in the 90's my first serious girlfriends dad worked as a lorry driver over in Spain used the bring back 200 pack regal King size for £20