22games nro

Lawrence Shankland

Dusk_Till_Dawn

bUT hEd deStRoy tHe ChaMpiOnSHip

Would he **** :rofl:

The Spy Who Loved Me

Shankland seemed to have two players on him whenever he was near the box. 

I don’t know why he didn’t take the penalty.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Many teams did exactly the same with Boyce - teams can afford that when you only have one real threat, we kept playing Naismith deep which drove me nuts. 

Utd will have that issue this season, they don’t have much else

OldGorgie

We’ve already signed Shankland clones and they were crap. There’s a fundamental problem at Hearts with oafs such as Uche considered good for Championship. It’s that type of thinking that got us where we are.

ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

This has always been the doubt with him. Can he cut it with less space and vs better defenders and goalies? A lot is made of him scoring against Premiership teams in the cup, but cup games are generally much more open.

ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

We’ve already signed Shankland clones and they were crap. There’s a fundamental problem at Hearts with oafs such as Uche considered good for Championship. It’s that type of thinking that got us where we are.

You're a Championship defender dead on your feet after 70 mins vs Naismith, Walker, Washington and Boyce. You see Uche warming up. Do you feel happy or sad about that? All Zeefuik needed was a massive arse to get past Championship defenders. Uche will have them for breakfast when he's in the mood.

Edited by ToqueJambo

busby1985
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

You're a Championship defender dead on your feet after 70 mins vs Naismith, Walker, Washington and Boyce. You see Uche warming up. Do you feel happy or sad about that?

I’d be buzzing. Let him have the ball, don’t touch him and he’ll probably fall over his own feet or blast it over the bar or run it straight out of play with his head down or batter into a defender or pass to the opposition...........

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Going to make a prediction we won't be playing Dundee United when we are restored next season. 

They don't look very strong to me 

They look very poor. I hope this talk of us being interested in that Butcher is nonsense as well. 

ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

I’d be buzzing. Let him have the ball, don’t touch him and he’ll probably fall over his own feet or blast it over the bar or run it straight out of play with his head down or batter into a defender or pass to the opposition...........

You do know he's had some stellar games for us against the likes of Aberdeen and Celtic? When he's in the mood he's unplayable. We should absolutely keep him and try to get more of those games out of him. A very good impact sub potentially.

Edited by ToqueJambo

ToqueJambo
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

They look very poor. I hope this talk of us being interested in that Butcher is nonsense as well. 

Neilson said not interested.

NANOJAMBO
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You're a Championship defender dead on your feet after 70 mins vs Naismith, Walker, Washington and Boyce. You see Uche warming up. Do you feel happy or sad about that? All Zeefuik needed was a massive arse to get past Championship defenders. Uche will have them for breakfast when he's in the mood.

That's his level : getting a subs role so he can beast Championship level "defending". Zeefuik could pass a ball and had a strikers instinct. Unlike Uche. 

busby1985
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You do know he's had some stellar games for us against the likes of Aberdeen and Celtic? When he's in the mood he's unplayable. We should absolutely keep him and try to get more of those games out of him. A very good impact sub potentially.

He sums up everything about hearts over the past few years. He’s looked amazing in short bursts, sadly the short bursts have been far too short and what’s went in between has been way, way below our standard. A loveable guy, a nice guy with bags of enthusiasm but next to no football talent. I’d move him on. 

ToqueJambo
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That's his level : getting a subs role so he can beast Championship level "defending". Zeefuik could pass a ball and had a strikers instinct. Unlike Uche. 

It's a squad game. He's a useful player who brings something completely unique for defenders to worry about, even if it's just creating space for other forwards. No-one is saying he should be our main striker. Players like Wighton, Zanatta and Nade who were largely shite for us scored at that level. He could too, and IMO he was not that shite for us. Started very well before his injury and played a key role in some good games.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neilson said not interested.

I know - hopefully he's telling the truth.