22games nro

Lawrence Shankland

22games nro

surely this guy must be worth a punt, scored a couple against Dundee today and regularly on the scoresheet. 

Wham Bam Austin McCann

Would rather give Keena a go and put faith in our youngsters.

campbell

I’ve lost count is this the 3rd or 4th thread about him, we had a Look didn’t like him enough so we moved on, I think we have enough at the club and I doubt paying 200k right now is a good idea 

EIEIO
4 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

surely this guy must be worth a punt, scored a couple against Dundee today and regularly on the scoresheet. 

Denis Wyness ring any bells?

BigAlim
Just now, 22games nro said:

We were linked with the lad earlier in the summer when he was available for free, reckon we missed a trick there but then would have said the same if we didn't sign gavin Reilly 

Mauricio Pinilla

They rejected £150k for him so the money involved makes him more than just a punt. It would be an expensive gamble. 

Son Of Anarchy

Looking forward to seeing Keena so no ?

Cruyff Turn

The boy scores goals for fun. I think it's about time someone took a punt on him. Only 22, banged in 30 last season and he's on course to hit 30+ goals this season, 11 in 6 games ids an incredible strike rate. His goals ratio probably says that he's too good for the level he's playing at. 

He's a rabid hun though.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

HeartofHartley

Buy. Loan back to Ayr for year. Takes MacLean place next season. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, HeartofHartley said:

Buy. Loan back to Ayr for year. Takes MacLean place next season. 

Good shout, could knock a bit off is fee as well.

HeartofHartley
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Good shout, could knock a bit off is fee as well.

Defo, I reckon 200k takes him. Then rest to get vanecek in early will leave us some money for a CB wage. 

Dinger

last season and this season he has 38 goals in 39 games with 18 assists 

that's some  incredible stats no matter what level your playing, well worth it imo, 

Sexton Hardcastle

Why did Aberdeen let him go?

Mauricio Pinilla
1 minute ago, Dinger said:

last season and this season he has 38 goals in 39 games with 18 assists 

that's some  incredible stats no matter what level your playing, well worth it imo, 

El Bakhtouai had a similar record and did nothing at a higher level. It's always a risk bringing these players in especially for a fairly sizable fee. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Defo, I reckon 200k takes him. Then rest to get vanecek in early will leave us some money for a CB wage. 

200k is nothing really. That's already been freed up with getting rid of Cowie, L.Smith and others. If it doesn't work out we'd recoup a good percentage of the original fee. We probably make that back after 1 home game. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

El Bakhtouai had a similar record and did nothing at a higher level. It's always a risk bringing these players in especially for a fairly sizable fee. 

There's been failures and successes. 

Tasavallan

Keena for me.

amadjambo

Not sure I’ve ever seen him play so can’t comment of how good he is, but his scoring record is certainly eye catching.

Ministry MK2
32 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The boy scores goals for fun. I think it's about time someone took a punt on him. Only 22, banged in 30 last season and he's on course to hit 30+ goals this season, 11 in 6 games ids an incredible strike rate. His goals ratio probably says that he's too good for the level he's playing at. 

He's a rabid hun though.

He was at Aberdeen for years and never really looked up to much. If we could take him for free I would be happy to have a gamble on him but wouldn’t like to see us spend £200k+ on a 23 year old that’s never scored in the top flight. 

biffy

I’ve seen him a few times and would definitely take him. He looks to have matured a lot over the summer, his all round play has improved massively. Make an offer and give Ayr Keena on loan for the season 

Ministry MK2
18 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Why did Aberdeen let him go?

He wasn’t good enough to break into their first team. 

Ministry MK2
17 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Absolutely, we saw the same issue with Callahan. Looked decent at Championship level but not able to make it at a top 6 SPL side. 

milky_26
1 minute ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Absolutely, we saw the same issue with Callahan. Looked decent at Championship level but not able to make it at a top 6 SPL side. 

weren't raith in league 1 when we signed callachan?

EasternRossco

Nothing to add regarding the player, just stating my sheer delight at Dundee getting shafted by a pub team. Horrible team, horrible fans and probably the most dislikeable current player in Paul McGowan. Erse of a boy.

Ministry MK2

Yeah, they just got relegated from the Championship.

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Ministry MK2 said:

He was at Aberdeen for years and never really looked up to much. If we could take him for free I would be happy to have a gamble on him but wouldn’t like to see us spend £200k+ on a 23 year old that’s never scored in the top flight. 

He was like 18-19yrs old at Aberdeen when he played in their first team and was loaned out for the remainder of his contract. Sometimes it doesn't happen at some clubs for whatever reason, look at Bjorn Johnsson. 

Sometimes you just have to take the punt and see what happens. 

Leigh Griffiths and Jason Cummings scored many at a similar level and moved on to bigger things despite never scoring in the SPFL.

Top Corner

Definitely worth a derisory offer.

Captain Canada

£200k is the same value as Lafferty! ?

gnasher75

Why does it have to be a choice between him and Keena?

Everyone is raving about him so why not sign him up.

Lafferty may go, MacLean can't go on forever. Another striker in the squad would be a good addition.

XB52
2 hours ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Yeah, they just got relegated from the Championship.

??

feedthefox
3 hours ago, EasternRossco said:

Nothing to add regarding the player, just stating my sheer delight at Dundee getting shafted by a pub team. Horrible team, horrible fans and probably the most dislikeable current player in Paul McGowan. Erse of a boy.

So right, horrible everything. 

jambocub
5 hours ago, campbell said:

I’ve lost count is this the 3rd or 4th thread about him, we had a Look didn’t like him enough so we moved on, I think we have enough at the club and I doubt paying 200k right now is a good idea 

Does it matter how many threads there's  been.  We're  losing a striker and someone  suggest signing a striker  who's on form. 

What's wrong with that? 

Morph

Was he not utter humpty for Aberdeen?

campbell
32 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Does it matter how many threads there's  been.  We're  losing a striker and someone  suggest signing a striker  who's on form. 

What's wrong with that? 

Clearly it does to me  otherwise I wouldn’t have commented, I understand what he’s done but many people have suggested him in the other threads about the lad he could have clicked on them or the lafferty thread or the thread especially made to discuss a replacement, just thought it was a bit pointless! 

JackLadd

Get in now before Celtic do another Lewis Morgan. Same goes for the Sheep and Hibs.

All roads lead to Gorgie

20 goals a season in a lower league I would say it is touch and go if he could step up, 30 goals and I say that is very much in the worth a gamble territory!

jambocub
24 minutes ago, campbell said:

Clearly it does to me  otherwise I wouldn’t have commented, I understand what he’s done but many people have suggested him in the other threads about the lad he could have clicked on them or the lafferty thread or the thread especially made to discuss a replacement, just thought it was a bit pointless! 

Each to their own but if you think a threads pointless  probably  best not to comment  on it. 

Anyway we won today playing poorly  on to the next round.  Hhgh

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 hour ago, Morph said:

Was he not utter humpty for Aberdeen?

He looked like a promising youngster, but someway from having the quality to dislodge Rooney and McGinn.

Hearts1975
6 hours ago, 22games nro said:

We would only need another forward depending on the laff situation,

dont want to be overbalanced in any specific area 

if big Laff stays then no need to do anything - if vanacek arrives in Jan we probably will have more than we need,

if laff goes then spend say 100-150000 on vanacek and bring him in now,

2 up front,

Choice of Uche, laff or vanacek and Maclean, (3 recognised first team players for 2 positions)

keena as back up and currie as an option as well,

BRY

I heard on the radio that he's had 41 starts, 42 goals.

Well worth another consideration, as he seems to be setting the heather alight better than Wighton (never heard of him)...

letsalldothebeattie

Levein must have his reasons for not looking at Shankland. I don’t know what they could be because the lad is on fire and I’d take him at Tynie 

Mac80

Must be the 5th thread on the boy 

Ryan Jarman

Never heard of him. 

Gene Parmesan

The 'punt' would be £250k, which is more than we've spent on pretty much any other player since exiting admin.

Sir Gio
6 minutes ago, BRY said:

Well worth another consideration, as he seems to be setting the heather alight better than Wighton (never heard of him)...

I'm guessing Wighton will play wide for us, on the right, but could be wrong. Shankland is a poacher, trust that we are not looking for that type of player.

I expect Naismith to play up front shortly, as the midfield options expand

Absolute Scenes

Let's remember that El Bakhtoui (first time at Dunfermline) was on fire - scored every week - steps up the Premiership, no body sees him again.

I trust my managers judgement over fellow fans judgement

DH1986

The guys record at a lower level is hugely impressive......but I think we’ll be full in the striker department if Sow and Wighton arrive  before the window closes.

Ibrahim Tall
20 minutes ago, BRY said:

Your using the goal ratio of a mainly 3rd division striker to knock the ratio of an SPL winger/forward?

:laugh2:

That Steven Naismiths shite aswell, only got 5 goals in 20 league games. Rory McAllister has 130 in 200.

Gadji79

Remember what happens to Keetings and Reilly!

sometimes it doesn’t work out form them at higher levels.

Voice of reason

If Craig Wighton is the same player now as he was before his knee injury then he is a much better prospect than Shankland. He is a No10 though, so clearly signed as a young Naismith type rather than a Robbo type. One of the best prospects in Scotland and has been for years. Would be a great signing. Not convinced by Shankland at all on the other hand.