***Ufficiale Serie A 2018-19***

Boab

The new season starts this weekend so I thought a new thread would be a good idea rather than dredging up the old one.

A place where all fans of Calcio can air their thoughts and discuss the ups and downs of a typical Italian season.

A pretty sombre weekend in store with both games involving the Genovese clubs postponed after the terrible event there this week.

Milan v Genoa and Napoli v Sampdoria both off, to be arranged for a later date.

There was talk of the whole card being postponed but a " compromise " has been reached by the authorities.

Ronaldo looks like he will play in Juve's opener, away to Chievo..5pm Sat, BST. 

With some more moves afoot...Modric to Inter ?...it could be another cracker in store this season.

My initial thoughts are Juve will be too strong again but I have a feeling Inter may run them close, if they can hold it together. Roma and Napoli, i'm not so sure.

Parma are back, a welcome addition, but with a points deduction ! Would we have it any other way ?

???

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perth to Paisley

• Boab

• invernessjt

• Sexton Hardcastle

Nice story this morning about Marchisio on his departure from Juve. 25 years playing for his hometown club. Some achievement and the thing of dreams.

Between Juve and Inter this season. I think Roma and Napoli aren't as strong as last season and will be in a fight with Lazio  and maybe Milan for the CL places. Can't wait for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, chizinho21 said:

Nice story this morning about Marchisio on his departure from Juve. 25 years playing for his hometown club. Some achievement and the thing of dreams.

Ah, Il Principino...the little prince.

A, quite frankly, wonderful player !

Although he was Juve, admired by anyone who loves their football played with grace and flair.

As ever hoping Napoli can’t get a hold of that league title! Can’t see it this season though, unfortunately. 

Juve will walk it I think. 

Telford Jambo
Just now, Irufushi said:

As ever hoping Napoli can’t get a hold of that league title! Can’t see it this season though, unfortunately. 

Juve will walk it I think. 

My thoughts as well.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see a top 4 finish for Napoli this season. It was all about the Sarri system for this group of players. I am a total pessimist though.

Perth to Paisley

Forza Calcio!

Love the fact that we have a dedicated thread.

I am rally looking forward to another season. Undoubtedly the 'CR7 arrival' will add a bit more worldwide focus.

It's time.

I have subscribed to Eleven Sports and I am quite impressed so far.

Albeit, waiting on information about a dedicated tv channel is a PIA.

I have no idea of who the (co)commentary team are going to be either...hopefully they are knowledgeable and add value. ...James Richardson would be a bonus.

Internazionalle have bought well and may put up a stern challenge to Juve.

Would love a 'Leicester' scenario but can't see beyond Juve again.

Planning at least one trip to the North again this season ....maybe another to Naples.

Hopefully lots of chat on here as well....over 400 posts last season.

Sexton Hardcastle

Elevensports forgot you can’t broadcast live football between 3-5.15 pm

juve game will miss first 15. Such an amateur set up.

It certainly seems as though Seria A is coming back around to being one of the top leagues in terms of prestige. 

Really looking forward to this season, Inter and Juve looking strong, hopefully Roma and Napoli can sustain a challenge and lets see AC rising back to the surface.

Ibrahim Tall

Forza Inter.

Good signings so far and kept everyone we needed to keep, most confident of a good season I've been in a while. :)

Still think the team needs a Modric/Rafinha though to win the title.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

Bridge of Djoum

Juve have signed Can, Ronaldo and Costa. Add to that Bonucci coming back....they will stroll Serie A. 

Forza La Vecchia Signora!!! Been a Juve ''follower'' for a long time, visited the Delle Alpi numerous times. Horrible old place. Yet to try the new stadium, looks very nice though.

That new badge, however...:jj_facepalm:

Edited by New York Fleapit

14 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Would bloody love it if his big day is shat on.

fully expect a dubious peno though.

Would love it more if his home debut is shat on.

Alex Kintner

What on earth happened in the last five mins there? It went from 2-2 to 2-3 and back and forth several times on bet365 and has now stayed at 2-3! ?

The Internet
1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

What on earth happened in the last five mins there? It went from 2-2 to 2-3 and back and forth several times on bet365 and has now stayed at 2-3! ?

Juve scored but was ruled out on VAR for a foul. Then they scored again about a minute later. 

Sexton Hardcastle

So the game was meant to be live on Facebook but they ****ed up that as well.

Surely some sort of regulator has to have a look at this outfit. Can’t make up the shambles so far.

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Juve scored but was ruled out on VAR for a foul. Then they scored again about a minute later. 

Cheers ??

Rightly ruled out? Seemed to take an eternity

The Internet
Just now, Frank1874 said:

Cheers ??

Rightly ruled out? Seemed to take an eternity

Not sure tbh :lol: Seemed a bit soft to rule it out. The keeper was pretty much knocked out cold which is why it took so long. 

7 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

So the game was meant to be live on Facebook but they ****ed up that as well.

Surely some sort of regulator has to have a look at this outfit. Can’t make up the shambles so far.

Not so sure it's their fault.

I was unaware, until today, that it was the UK that blocked the first 15 mins of a 5pm game. They actually had a thing on the screen saying Eleven Sports disagreed with it.

Sexton Hardcastle

Would say it’s pretty well known the English FA have that law in place. Why they are always goin after rogue pubs who show games from abroad streams.

And still no tv deal is just ridiculous. Obviously sky/bt not happy with their initial prices. 

Can see setanta 2.

Ibrahim Tall

The 3pm rule has even affected sky in the past tbh, I remember a few La Liga games - even a Barca/Real game a couple seasons ago that they didn’t pick up until about 20 minutes in.

They really should have known, whether they disagree with it or not it’s their job to know their market.

7 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Would say it’s pretty well known the English FA have that law in place. Why they are always goin after rogue pubs who show games from abroad streams.

And still no tv deal is just ridiculous. Obviously sky/bt not happy with their initial prices. 

Can see setanta 2.

Not trying to defend Eleven overly but they had the pre-match build up right to KO and audio for the first 15, something BT never had for 5pm KOs.

Need someone from the FA to explain why 5 to 5.15 is not allowed as I can't fathom it out.

3pm to 5pm, aye, I get that but this ?

Edited by Boab

Perth to Paisley

11 could do with some half time analysis...European Football type programme 

Lazio Napoli ..

good game so far.

15 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

11 could do with some half time analysis...European Football type programme 

Lazio Napoli ..

good game so far.

BT doing away with the European Football Show was a crime.

I'm willing to give this mob a chance. Can only speak for myself, but I prefer stadium footage with audio to adverts any day !

Perth to Paisley

Napoli were bang average until about 30 minutes in then 'normal service' resumed ...think they are a bit short in midfield to win scudetto.

The Internet
14 hours ago, Boab said:

BT doing away with the European Football Show was a crime.

I'm willing to give this mob a chance. Can only speak for myself, but I prefer stadium footage with audio to adverts any day !

The most annoying thing is them putting the score up on their on demand page. Went to watch the highlights of Lazio - Napoli not knowing the score.

:muggy:

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The most annoying thing is them putting the score up on their on demand page. Went to watch the highlights of Lazio - Napoli not knowing the score.

:muggy:

Aye, seen that. When I went to the home page, I never scrolled down and clicked the Barca link as it came up. That never had the score on it but, aye, pish really.

Seems many are unhappy already as the Juve game crashed for some people.

Not good.

Sexton Hardcastle

Roma always make it tense. Great first game win. Ropey at the back.

Also shite getting notifications from football apps about goals etc 30-60 seconds before play. Another reason this format won’t last long.

Perth to Paisley

Fabulous goal

Maybe could do a job if Lafferty leaves ?

I turn off notifications if watching any game live ... it’s always ahead... even on BBC.

(I read that the delay will reduce once they are happy the infrastructure can comfortably support demand)

Sexton Hardcastle

Anyone know about their logged in account limit? Seen boys on twitter says up to 4 at any one time but their faq states one.

Would pay for a season split 4 ways but not on my todd.

Sexton Hardcastle
6 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Using someone else’s just now for the Inter game so it’s atleast 2.

We had two logged in with the weeks trial but wondered when paying they flick a switch?

If can get 4 then it’s quite good value for the year.