Burley and the SFA

John Titor

How long into his new tenure as Scotland manager before Saint George leaves citing "irreconcilable differences" with the powers at be?

I'm going for 6 months:ninja:

Sydney from Sydney
How long into his new tenure as Scotland manager before Saint George leaves citing "irreconcilable differences" with the powers at be?

So much for wishing the guy all the best as the new manager of the national team. I hope he does well. What have you got against him ?

So much for wishing the guy all the best as the new manager of the national team. I hope he does well. What have you got against him ?

Nothing at all Sydney from Sydney. But past history and all...And remember Vlad was nowhere near Derby

Nothing at all Sydney from Sydney. But past history and all...And remember Vlad was nowhere near Derby

You sure of that are you ?

Dont know if it was dredged up on any of the other Burley-scotland threads but Chick young, in his BBC column last week said

"I am convinced now that Mark McGhee will be the next manager of Scotland" :527:

Sydney from Sydney

Burley made enemies at Derby for sure, so did Davies, Gregory etc. I think Phil Anderton's comments in today's Herald about how good a coach and decent bloke he is make far more interesting reading. His references to Romanov as "the fantasy manager" are spot on. The comments from former players and others in the game that have known him suggest he's very good at his job.

Burley never got the chance to finish the job he started at Hearts, and Hearts fans will always wonder what if, because of the brainstorm of an idiot.

I wish Burley all the best with the Scotland job and sincerely hope it leads to an EPL appointment with a big team.

Drylaw Hearts
Phil Anderton

"I thoroughly enjoyed working with him and other people should be ashamed of the lies and character smears. He ignored all that but, of course, I still wonder what if?' Had he continued and had he been given the backing of the board, I think there would have been a genuinely strong chance of winning the league."

Well said Phil.

I heard the rumours of him being an alcoholic, a womaniser and taking money from agents - mostly from fellow k'bers.

And as per usual they were wrong.

The thought of Burley makes me sad.

Might join the Travel Club again as Hearts won't be in Europe for a couple of years and I've always fancied Iceland away.

Well said Phil.

I heard the rumours of him being an alcoholic, a womaniser and taking money from agents - mostly from fellow k'bers.

And as per usual they were wrong.

Spoke to a Southampton fan at my work today and he mentioned the boozing. So have Derby fans and Hearts fans and now Southampton fans. Doesn't really bother me if likes a drink, it didn't seem to affect the team's performances under him (at Hearts anyway), but three clubs and three seperate mentions of it suggests there is something to it.

I wish him all the best though as Scotland manager and was for me the best of the four candidates.

I wish Burley all the best with the Scotland job and sincerely hope it leads to an EPL appointment with a big team.

Aparently the SFA were impressed by Burley's comment that this would be his last managerial job and so the SFA would not be stung like they were by Smith & McLeish walking out for club football. I'm sure it said this on the news the other day

I wouldn't be too sure.

If DH says it's so, be rest assured that that is the case.:confused:

As he said folk talked about 'rumours' but he knows that they rumours were definately wrong (not maybe or likely to be wrong, but definately wrong).

Nucky Thompson
If DH says it's so, be rest assured that that is the case.:confused:

As he said folk talked about 'rumours' but he knows that they rumours were definately wrong (not maybe or likely to be wrong, but definately wrong).

I saw him twice with my own eyes in Agenda in Corstorphine. Once he was rat arsed but wasn't bothering anyone, but the 2nd time the doormen put him out for allegedly coming on to someones wife.

I saw him twice with my own eyes in Agenda in Corstorphine. Once he was rat arsed but wasn't bothering anyone, but the 2nd time the doormen put him out for allegedly coming on to someones wife.

Did you buy him a drink?

Dont agree ..... I think the guy is a good fit for the job. I wish him well.

The thought of Burley makes me sad.

Might join the Travel Club again as Hearts won't be in Europe for a couple of years and I've always fancied Iceland away.

me to mate me to

as a heavy drinker myself i just hope that the inactivity of what is really a part time job does not leave george with to much time on his hands to do too much bevvying easy trap to fall into for us heavy drinkers

as to george he will always always have a special place in my heart for that most marvelious of times to be a jambo "we are unbeatable"

Guest JamboRobbo

there's no doubt GB was a big drinker. There's also no doubt he was a good manager for HMFC.

I know which one mattered to HMFC and which didn't.

Brian Clough was a heavy drinker.....ruined him in the end, but won two Euro Cups when it was the real competition.

It should make for a good day the first time he turns up to watch a game. At least we'll get to say cheerio now.

Archived