Mother and Child Arrested in Dubai

Deviskan

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I must be missing something for are they not all non democratic states or countries, is Dubai not part of the UAE which is an absolute monarchy ?, Oman is also the same with Bahrain led by a clan leader..oh and have you forgotten what happened when people tried to stand up for their rights in that wonderful country ?...seems to me you are showing yourself up with your lack of knowledge

Is your job linked to those fine upstanding countries ?.. where women are treated as second class citizens..how does your wife or partner (if female) feel about that ?  Do you support such policies ?

Like it or not those countries are not democratic,  do not recognise human rights as they should given the major religion in those areas and pay lip service to the west but should you dare to upset them act like spoiled children.

The hypocrisy of their citizens (well at least those in power) seems to be ignored by you.

Brits are proportionately more likely to be arrested in the United Arab Emirates than in any other country, the Foreign Office claims.

still it's okay to be arrested for kissing in public, it's okay to be arrested for trumped up events, it's okay to be arrested for sharing a facebook charity request for refugees...well at least you think it is but not me

So you've never been then.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

I must be missing something for are they not all non democratic states or countries, is Dubai not part of the UAE which is an absolute monarchy ?, Oman is also the same with Bahrain led by a clan leader..oh and have you forgotten what happened when people tried to stand up for their rights in that wonderful country ?...seems to me you are showing yourself up with your lack of knowledge

Is your job linked to those fine upstanding countries ?.. where women are treated as second class citizens..how does your wife or partner (if female) feel about that ?  Do you support such policies ?

Like it or not those countries are not democratic,  do not recognise human rights as they should given the major religion in those areas and pay lip service to the west but should you dare to upset them act like spoiled children.

The hypocrisy of their citizens (well at least those in power) seems to be ignored by you.

Brits are proportionately more likely to be arrested in the United Arab Emirates than in any other country, the Foreign Office claims.

still it's okay to be arrested for kissing in public, it's okay to be arrested for trumped up events, it's okay to be arrested for sharing a facebook charity request for refugees...well at least you think it is but not me

More likely to be arrested in the UAE aye?

You might think she could have done something intelligent like...

Getting a proper visa.

Not giving it the big 'I want to speak to the manager' after she discovered she did not have a visa.

Not whipping out the camera phone like a ****ing idiot.

Edited by Victorian