• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• Herbert.

• cosanostra

• Unknown user

On 10/04/2020 at 15:06, Cade said:

The other half's new lurcher puppy just stole and ate a block of cheese, complete with plastic wrapping.

Apparently the next jobby came out pre-wrapped in the plastic.

:gok:

Mrs has 2 lurchers. What a pair of thieving *******s they are!!

And they know it.

robroy1874
On 07/03/2020 at 11:08, Sooperstar said:

This is Madge and she's not as innocent as she looks. 12 weeks old.

FB_IMG_1583579283160.jpg

Brilliant dog - but behind that cute wee face lies an evil genius!

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, robroy1874 said:

Brilliant dog - but behind that cute wee face lies an evil genius!

Yes nearly 5 months old now and very clever. Been great having her during all this!

Tommy Brown
On 15/04/2020 at 23:00, WoolfordsHearts said:

How's everyone's dog acting on lockdown?

I'm worried about my big boy.

Screenshot_20200415-225856_Gallery.jpg

:rofl:

Ya daft big *******

:whistling:

On 10/04/2020 at 15:06, Cade said:

The other half's new lurcher puppy just stole and ate a block of cheese, complete with plastic wrapping.

Apparently the next jobby came out pre-wrapped in the plastic.

:gok:

@Governor Tarkin been training them.

:D

11 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:D 👍

Reading the thread, came to that and 💭 'Where have I read that before' 

:rofl:GT and his chocolate log.

• 2 weeks later...
Sooperstar

Mine was attacked yesterday by another dog. Thankfully she managed to get away. She was screaming for a good bit afterwards but escaped with a bit of blood on her nose & in her mouth and with a bloodshot eye.

51 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Mine was attacked yesterday by another dog. Thankfully she managed to get away. She was screaming for a good bit afterwards but escaped with a bit of blood on her nose & in her mouth and with a bloodshot eye.

Sorry to hear that mate, hope all's well with her.

Sooperstar
8 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Sorry to hear that mate, hope all's well with her.

Thanks. Keeping an eye on her eye but she is fine apart from that. We bumped into another couple of dogs soon after and she was terrified to go anywhere near them, which isn't like her as she is very sociable. The owners offered to go to a wee bit where they could have a play together and she was back to normal after a wee bit.

Maroon with a view

I've had both and like both. Cats are self sufficient but you can go on adventures with your dog. I think we have a closer bond with dogs because unlike cats, dog's didn't choose their domestication. They've been with us for the ride from day one. From guard dogs, to guide dogs and emotional support dogs they are the Swiss army knife of animals. 

CavySlaveJambo
15 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Hope your wee dog is ok. 

My wee guy was pounced on by a GSD at the start of lockdown and he is a bit uncertain of other dogs right now.  He was on his lead, the dog that pounced on him, SHOULD have been on a lead at all times (we live on private land, and the owners of the land have told the owners to keep him on a lead).  His only injuries came from the fact he got tangled up in my headphones, plus his lead and harness.  

But the owner of the GSD brought her other dog over offlead, had the GSD on the lead and checked on us.  Fro at that point was so submissive. 

Anyway he is 4 today and got spoilt. Pupcake and toys, since he couldn't  go to his favourite place (sitting outside at Costa)

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

7 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Hope your wee dog is ok. 

My wee guy was pounced on by a GSD at the start of lockdown and he is a bit uncertain of other dogs right now.  He was on his lead, the dog that pounced on him, SHOULD have been on a lead at all times (we live on private land, and the owners of the land have told the owners to keep him on a lead).  His only injuries came from the fact he got tangled up in my headphones, plus his lead and harness.  

But the owner of the GSD brought her other dog over offlead, had the GSD on the lead and checked on us.  Fro at that point was so submissive. 

Anyway he is 4 today and got spoilt. Pupcake and toys, since he couldn't  go to his favourite place (sitting outside at Costa)

What’s a GSD?

1 minute ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

German Shepard. 

Ah, I get it. I’ve always thought about the timeline of dogs owned by nutjobs. When I was a little kid it was alsatians (GSD), then it was Dobermans, then Rottweilers, then Staffies, followed by pit bulls. When I was a kid living in Wardieburn the usual thing was for people to let their dogs out in the morning and letting them roam free leading to packs of dogs roaming the streets. Maybe the worst thing I’ve seen in my life was seeing a pair of alsatians killing and ripping to bits a wee Scottie dog in front of the elderly lady that was walking it. I still think about how that wee wifie must have suffered. 

• 1 year later...
Kalamazoo Jambo
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

That’s my wee pal gone today , over 12 years and a massive part of my life. 

A gentle, kind, big softie of a lab.

C38D77AE-1003-4B74-B23A-42EAD19164D2.jpeg

I’m very sorry for your loss. Hope memories of happier times help see you through.

2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Sorry mate, sad times

On 26/05/2020 at 18:30, Tazio said:

Maybe the worst thing I’ve seen in my life was seeing a pair of alsatians killing and ripping to bits a wee Scottie dog in front of the elderly lady that was walking it. I still think about how that wee wifie must have suffered. 

I have seen greyhounds rip apart small dogs more than once. The first time it was a little yorkie some old woman had tied up outside a newsagents. Greyhounds are extremely dangerous to small dogs, they will kill them.

And even dogs around 35lbs or so will be attacked but not so easily killed which I have also seen. A small dog will have it's entire body crunched in the jaws in a single bite. 

9 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Sorry to hear that. 

11 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Sorry for your loss mate labs are the best 

18 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Feel your loss mate.   Lost mine two year ago and still not over it.  Can't even replace him as it still hurts.  

15 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I have seen greyhounds rip apart small dogs more than once. The first time it was a little yorkie some old woman had tied up outside a newsagents. Greyhounds are extremely dangerous to small dogs, they will kill them.

And even dogs around 35lbs or so will be attacked but not so easily killed which I have also seen. A small dog will have it's entire body crunched in the jaws in a single bite. 

Many years ago, I had a daft but fearless wee terrier - a Scotty / Cairn cross - who once decided that running from the park where my dad was walking him across a busy road to attack three greyhounds was an excellent idea. It really, really, wasn't.

An emergency trip to the vet saved his life but didn't make him any more sensible or streetwise. Years later, after he'd had to have all of his teeth removed, he'd still growl at other dogs in the street.

:facepalm:

However daft or mental they are, you do get very attached to them though.

Konrad von Carstein

Our little bast,  I mean light of our lives,  got out the house and was running about the street for 20 minutes,  his recall is, shall we say patchy, so he took full advantage of not being on his drop lead and ran rings round us...until he saw one of our neighbours and ran straight to him for cuddles.

Anyone want to buy a dog? Occasionally answers to Ziggy

:tlj:

:lol:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Dagger Is Back
On 29/10/2021 at 23:16, Irufushi said:

Really sorry to hear your sad news about your pal. Hopefully in time you’ll be able to look back and remember the happy times you’ve enjoyed over the last 12 years

Slightly off topic but has anyone used the dog sitting service rover.com? We’re planning on being out a bit next weekend & I am concerned about our dog getting anxious and barking the place down. Is it legit and anyone used it?

1 hour ago, Ally Bee said:

Slightly off topic but has anyone used the dog sitting service rover.com? We’re planning on being out a bit next weekend & I am concerned about our dog getting anxious and barking the place down. Is it legit and anyone used it?

Rover is the Uber taxi of the doggie world. Anyone can sign up and be available to look after your dog.

Just like taxi/Uber, some folks know what they are doing and act professionally, others are untrained idiots in it for a fast buck.

It really is a choice of potentially sacrificing quality to save some cash.

My sister used it, a couple of successfully visits to somebody and then they cancelled very last minute on a weekend evening for their dads 60th birthday or something ridiculous.

If you have the cash go with the pro's would be my advice, if not hopefully you get a good sitter on Rover

On 29/10/2021 at 23:16, Irufushi said:

Hope you are OK buddy. Will you get another? 

• 8 months later...
On 05/08/2018 at 00:15, Bauld said:

Dogs are the best.

They aren't just animals they are best friends. 

They have been so good for my boy as well. 

20180805_001210.jpg

The auld yin left us and miss her every day. 

The young ones become the auld yin but she's still daft as ****.

Screenshot_20220702-035344_Gallery.jpg

• 1 year later...

Polis dug making an arrest, I need a  dug like this Well don't actually need one, want one. Age restricted apparently, it's not that bad, the dug just got a right good grip of his arse.  

henrysmithsgloves

The best shepherd, I've ever owned. Saved my life on two occasions,sadly cancer got her😔

20180709_211001.jpg

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Best pal in the world! 

Screenshot_20230703_084803.jpg

Braw. I've never had one before, I had no idea! 

My good girl looks like this just now due to a foosty paw though

DSC-0979-2.jpg

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Braw. I've never had one before, I had no idea! 

My good girl looks like this just now due to a foosty paw though

DSC-0979-2.jpg

I bet she's hating that. All for the best though! 

Dick Dastardly
6 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

The best shepherd, I've ever owned. Saved my life on two occasions,sadly cancer got her😔

20180709_211001.jpg

What a beauty. My dog isn't that keen on alsatians, she got attacked by a white one, one day. Sent it packing, right enough. I think they are wonderful though. 

Sooperstar
4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

What a beauty. My dog isn't that keen on alsatians, she got attacked by a white one, one day. Sent it packing, right enough. I think they are wonderful though. 

Mine is the same. Wasn't attacked by one, just spent time with one as a very small puppy and it was a bit much for her. Now she barks at any GSDs she sees. She can spot them a mile off!

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

20180709_211001.jpg

Gorgeous things

henrysmithsgloves
17 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Mine is the same. Wasn't attacked by one, just spent time with one as a very small puppy and it was a bit much for her. Now she barks at any GSDs she sees. She can spot them a mile off!

Funny enough she got attacked by a black Labrador when she was a pup😳 after that anything black or wearing black was fair game to her😳

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Mine just doesn't go near them. I'm not one for training a dog to be vicious or anything like that but i was fair proud of her when she fought back and sent the other dog away. 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Funny enough she got attacked by a black Labrador when she was a pup😳 after that anything black or wearing black was fair game to her😳

Screenshot_20230703_103608.jpg

henrysmithsgloves
32 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Screenshot_20230703_103608.jpg

🤣 Not that far off.... My mate imal used to say she was racist,and he was a dog handler 🤣

Unknown user
3 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

🤣 Not that far off.... My mate imal used to say she was racist,and he was a dog handler 🤣

My dog hates guys that look eastern European, but she's a rescue from eastern Europe so I can't really blame her

henrysmithsgloves
23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

My dog hates guys that look eastern European, but she's a rescue from eastern Europe so I can't really blame her

🤣 They are wonderful animals ❤️❤️

10 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

20180709_211001.jpg

Beautiful mate, sorry for your loss. 

My girl turned 3 on Saturday (hence the daft flower birthday badge my missus made her wear all day). Love her to bits. 

E0741B0A-F5D3-47F2-B2B5-93480A0D850B.jpeg

Edited by Zico