**Loan Watch Season 2018/19**

West Jambo

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dario Zanatta has scored an early goal for Alloa at Edinburgh City in the Challenge Cup. 

Great run down the left and left Craig Thomson trailing and slotted in the bottom corner.  Been quiet apart from that. Some pace he has.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• wavydavy

• Funtime Jambo

• jamboinglasgow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Great run down the left and left Craig Thomson trailing and slotted in the bottom corner.  Been quiet apart from that. Some pace he has.

Robbie Neilson said he was going to be at the game today. Can see him trying to get Zanatta. 

27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Robbie Neilson said he was going to be at the game today. Can see him trying to get Zanatta. 

I've not it seen him but 486 here!

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dario Zanatta has scored an early goal for Alloa at Edinburgh City in the Challenge Cup. 

Apart from the goal, he was absolutely dreadful. Totally anonymous after two minutes.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Both he and Stevie Crawford were at the game today.

3 hours ago, Jenks said:

After that early goal, Thomson had him in his back pocket. When Zanatta moved into the middle, around halfway through the second half, Balatoni had him in his back pocket.

Funtime Jambo
37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not a lot of the loanees are making an impression at a very modest level. 

Young Currie has scored 5 for East Fife but has been out for 4 weeks with a fractured toe.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Funtime Jambo said:

Young Currie has scored 5 for East Fife but has been out for 4 weeks with a fractured toe.

Bench today. Maybe easing back 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Not a lot of the loanees are making an impression at a very modest level. 

Bobby Burns doing okay at Livingston though just made first start. Currie has scored goals for East Fife. Chris Hamilton just starting out at Berwick. Andy Irving is getting good reports at Falkirk. Aidan Keena has made an impact last season at Queens Park and recently starting after injury and scoring for Dunfermiline. These are the players with best chance of getting in team / squad.

It is modest. 

6 hours ago, Chester™ said:

After that early goal, Thomson had him in his back pocket. When Zanatta moved into the middle, around halfway through the second half, Balatoni had him in his back pocket.

I'd be delighted if he goes on to prove me wrong, but I don't really think I'm going out on a limb by saying that Zanatta isn't ever going to make another first team appearance for Hearts, and will be released when his current contract ends, or sooner if he gets a move sorted out to another club before then. I do hope he manages to make a careeer out of football at some sort of professional level, assuming that is what he actually wants to do, but he's not going to make it at our level now. At 21 and a half years old, he'd have to be either established in our squad, or tearing it up in the Championship with us all counting down the days till he returns in January, but he's clearly not at the level needed to make it with us.

One thing I will say is that it's no disgrace for a player to come through our youth system and not make at first team level for us. Of all the players that join youth systems throughout football, only a small percentage actually manage to make a career of it in the end. I know that some people regard any player that doesn't make the grade in our first team as having been a bit of a failure, but I actually think that even if a Hearts youth player ends up with a full time job as a professional in the Championship or the lower leagues in England, it still represents a success for our youth setup. If we can demonstrate to young kids who we're trying to recruit, and their parents, that even the youngsters that don't eventually make it at a high level at least tend to go on to have a career in football after leaving us, it should surely help to convince many young players that our youth system is the right one to join.

6 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'd be delighted if he goes on to prove me wrong, but I don't really think I'm going out on a limb by saying that Zanatta isn't ever going to make another first team appearance for Hearts, and will be released when his current contract ends, or sooner if he gets a move sorted out to another club before then. I do hope he manages to make a careeer out of football at some sort of professional level, assuming that is what he actually wants to do, but he's not going to make it at our level now. At 21 and a half years old, he'd have to be either established in our squad, or tearing it up in the Championship with us all counting down the days till he returns in January, but he's clearly not at the level needed to make it with us.

One thing I will say is that it's no disgrace for a player to come through our youth system and not make at first team level for us. Of all the players that join youth systems throughout football, only a small percentage actually manage to make a career of it in the end. I know that some people regard any player that doesn't make the grade in our first team as having been a bit of a failure, but I actually think that even if a Hearts youth player ends up with a full time job as a professional in the Championship or the lower leagues in England, it still represents a success for our youth setup. If we can demonstrate to young kids who we're trying to recruit, and their parents, that even the youngsters that don't eventually make it at a high level at least tend to go on to have a career in football after leaving us, it should surely help to convince many young players that our youth system is the right one to join.

Great post, spot on

How many of our loanees do people think will be with us after the end of the season or when their contracts run out?

I would imagine Keena and Burns and possibly Irving however I just don't think we will retain any of the others.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

How many of our loanees do people think will be with us after the end of the season or when their contracts run out?

I would imagine Keena and Burns and possibly Irving however I just don't think we will retain any of the others.

It's hard to keep up with everyone on loan.

You missed Chris Hamilton so these 4 definitely. Euan Henderson is still rated.

Sammon will be away contract ending. Martin if he can get a club. Zanatta presumably away too maybe in January.  

Rory Currie has done well at East Fife so probably still in the picture. Not so sure about Lewis Moore. 

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's hard to keep up with everyone on loan.

You missed Chris Hamilton so these 4 definitely. Euan Henderson is still rated.

Sammon will be away contract ending. Martin if he can get a club. Zanatta presumably away too maybe in January.  

Rory Currie has done well at East Fife so probably still in the picture. Not so sure about Lewis Moore. 

I feel sorry for Henderson, I think after the impact Cochrane made at such a young age, people are quick to write off any others that dont make a decent impact at a young age. Of course its up to him how he develops but I would not write him off like some have done.

Would agree with your assessment of who would stay or go.

Good day for Aidan Keena scoring in 3-0 win for Dunfermiline v Morton, Andrew Irving (late sub for Falkirk in 3-2 win at Inverness), Euan Henderson scoring in 2-0 win for Montrose at East Fife.

Rory Currie played 90 minutes for East Fife in above defeat, Dario Zanatta played 90 minutes in 1-0 defeat at home to Ross County. Martin was unused sub for Dunfermiline. Lewis Moore played 85 minutes for Forfar in 2-1 defeat at Stranraer. 

I attended the Pars match with a friend and was impressed by Keena. He was excellent first half, involved in everything and got the goal. He tired second half and was knackered by the time he was sub but still played his part. Looks a good prospect. 

EastSideJambo
12 hours ago, King prawn said:

Really hope Naismith is around next year for Keena’s development. Think we might have a player on our hands.. 

That would be the hope. Doing it at a good level 

Decent size, seems mobile and can finish left side as well as right 

Edited by EastSideJambo

In terms of Premiership players Bobby Burns was an unused sub for Livingston who beat St Mirren 3-1. Ryan Edwards played the 90 minutes for St Mirren. Of course Bobby Burns misses next week's game v Hearts as rules state you can't play against your parent club. Conor Sammon missed out today for Motherwell for this reason. 

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In terms of Premiership players Bobby Burns was an unused sub for Livingston who beat St Mirren 3-1. Ryan Edwards played the 90 minutes for St Mirren. Of course Bobby Burns misses next week's game v Hearts as rules state you can't play against your parent club. Conor Sammon missed out today for Motherwell for this reason. 

In other games, 

Andrew Irving played 86 mins of Falkirks 2-2 draw with Alloa. Zanatta played the whole match for Alloa.

Aiden Keena played full match in Dunfermline's 2-0 loss to Partick. Martin was a unused sub

Lewis Moore scored for Fofar in their 3-2 defeat to Arbroath

Euan Henderson provided an assist in Montrose's 3-2 win over Raith. Kevin Silva was an unused sub for Raith.

Rory Currie was an unused sub for East Fife in a 3-3 draw against Stranraer.

Chris Hamilton was not in the Berwick Rangers squad, looks like Hearts must have requested that he play in last nights Scottish youth cup game.

• 4 weeks later...
Funtime Jambo

Rory Currie scored the winner for East Fife against Raith Rovers taking his goal tally to 6 and played a big part in the first goal.:2thumbsup:

Just had a look on transfermarkt and it would seem that Lewis Moore, Rory Currie and Kevin Silva are the players returning to the squad this month 

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Just had a look on transfermarkt and it would seem that Lewis Moore, Rory Currie and Kevin Silva are the players returning to the squad this month 

Quite a few of the loan deals were up to January. Euan Henderson, Dario Zanatta, Chris Hamilton also. These players will probably go on the Spain trip and be assessed. Most likely go on loan again. 

Bobby Burns, Aidan Keena (as well as Edwards, Martin and Sammon) are season long loans. 

Say What Again
23 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Another goal for Keena. From 25 yards according to Dunfermline's Twitter.

Double for Keena in the first half. 

Was speaking to a dunfermline ST holder yesterday and he said he looks great. He’s gutted they have no chance of keeping him. 

I told him they can keep Martin. 

18 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Was speaking to a dunfermline ST holder yesterday and he said he looks great. He’s gutted they have no chance of keeping him. 

What does he think of Martin? 

He's meant to have been mostly pretty good for them.

1 hour ago, Thomson1874 said:

Another goal for Keena. From 25 yards according to Dunfermline's Twitter.

Zanatta setting one up for Alloa too! 

Unfortunately Keena's second has been credited as an OG.

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, Say What Again said:

Could he finally be the goal scoring No.9 to (sort of) come through the youth system?

I'm confident that he'll make the step up, little less so about Currie, but you never know. 

Hopefully Burns comes back ready to play as well.

Say What Again
2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

What does he think of Martin? 

He's meant to have been mostly pretty good for them.

He actually said he’d like to see him stay. Doesn’t always start but he reckons he can pick a pass (at that level he feels makes a big difference) and delivers a good set piece. 

Says sometimes if its a fast, rough and tumble type game, it can pass him by, but with time on the ball, he likes him. 

16 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Zanatta has been voted Championship player of the month for December.

Would have been an option to have when we were lacking attacking ideas while Naismith was out.