**Loan Watch Season 2018/19**

West Jambo

Andy Irving played the full 90 mins as Falkirk lost 1-0 at home to Inverness CT.

Rory Currie played the full 90 mins as East Fife lost 2-0 at home to Dumbarton.

Lewis Moore played the full 90 mins as Forfar lost 3-1 at home to Airdrieonians.

Euan Henderson played 74 mins as Montrose lost 4-0 at home to Arbroath.

Good game time if not exactly a good results day for the lads... part from us pumping Hamilton of course!

Edited by chizinho21

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• wavydavy

• Funtime Jambo

• tartofmidlothian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Internet

Reckon Irving will stand out in the championship. Not ready for Hearts yet but technically I think he's above championship standard. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Reckon Irving will stand out in the championship. Not ready for Hearts yet but technically I think he's above championship standard. 

Someone posted on the Irving loan thread that their friend who was at the game said Irving bossed the match.

The Internet
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Someone posted on the Irving loan thread that their friend who was at the game said Irving bossed the match.

Good to hear. Not quite sure how far he'll go but he's so cool and calm on the ball which is a good sign for someone so young. 

Finlay James
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

No surprise, Irving will be a smashing player as he develops.  The loan to Falkirk will do him a power of good.

1 hour ago, chizinho21 said:

Euan Henderson played 74 mins as Montrose lost 4-0 at home to Arbroath.

That'll be a derby. Montrose won't be the place to be for a night out tonight

Saint Jambo
50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another defeat it is then

Indeed. I see Sammon played the full 90minutes.

Good to see the youngsters get lots of game time. I agree with posters on other threads that believe it is better for players to be playing at Championship level where possible. The only danger with that approach is they might not get as much game time. With that in mind, particularly pleasing that Irving got the full 90minutes.

Andy Irving played the full 90 mins and hit the bar from a free kick as Falkirk lost 2-1 at Partick Thistle.

Lewis Moore played 87 mins in Forfar’s 2-0 win away to Dumbarton.

Euan Henderson played 79 mins as Montrose won 1-0 at Airdrieonians.

Rory Currie played 90 mins as East Fife lost 1-0 away to Brechin (who won their first game in 38 attempts)

34 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Euan Henderson just scored his first senior goal against Brechin for Montrose.

Good on the wee fella! 

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Euan Henderson just scored his first senior goal against Brechin for Montrose.

And they won 2-1

Lewis Moore played 90 minutes for Forfar 0-0 draw with Stranraer. 

Rory Currie was late sub for East Fife in 2-2 draw at Raith Rovers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dario Zanatta played the full 90 minutes as 10-man Alloa picked up their first point of the season with a good draw away to Inverness. By all accounts played well and unlucky not to score a worldy.

Andy Irving was subbed at half-time as Falkirk were beaten (again) at home to QoS. He had a goal from a free-kick ruled out.

Lewis Moore played 88 minutes as Forfar beat Stenhousemuir 2-0.

Rory Currie came on in the 69th minute as East Fife were comfortably beaten at home by Arbroath leaving them bottom of the table.

Euan Henderson played 70 minutes as Montrose lost away to Stranraer

BackOfTheNet
30 minutes ago, chizinho21 said:

Dario Zanatta played the full 90 minutes as 10-man Alloa picked up their first point of the season with a good draw away to Inverness. By all accounts played well and unlucky not to score a worldy.

Andy Irving was subbed at half-time as Falkirk were beaten (again) at home to QoS. He had a goal from a free-kick ruled out.

Lewis Moore played 88 minutes as Forfar beat Stenhousemuir 2-0.

Rory Currie came on in the 69th minute as East Fife were comfortably beaten at home by Arbroath leaving them bottom of the table.

Euan Henderson played 70 minutes as Montrose lost away to Stranraer

Forgot to mention that Sammon played the last 15 minutes as Motherwell drew 3-3 with Steven Gerrard’s Rangers (to give them their full name). By all account he stood so static in the box as crosses continually passed him by he was like a fish out of water. Ahem.

I'm starting to think Irvings move to Falkirk might not have been the best choice of club.

Mind you it never did Morrison any harm being at a club destined for the drop 

10 players on loan

Burns - Livingston 

Sammon - Motherwell 

Edwards - St Mirren 

Martin - Dunfermline 

Keena - Dunfermline 

Irving - Falkirk

Zanatta - Alloa

Henderson - Montrose

Moore - Forfar

Currie - East Fife

jamboinglasgow

Saw a post from Forfar Athletic on twitter explaining the new rules on loans now the window has closed. In the past clubs could sign emergency loan players outwith the transfer window, this is no longer happening (think its something to do with FIFA, as they have stopped loans outwith the transfer window in England to the lower leagues.) So as a compromise (and an experiment this season) they are extending the loan transfer window for Scottish League one and two till the end of September (same will happen with the winter window which will have February open for loans.)

Clubs are allowed a maximum of 4 temporary transfers at a time and a maximum of 2 from one club.

I do think we will see a few other players go out on loan this month.

Ryan Edwards was of course ineligible to play for St Mirren against us this weekend.

Bobby Burns was an unused sub in Livingston’s win over Hibs.

Connor Sammon was brought on in the 69th minute in Motherwells 3-1 winaway to Dundee.

Malaury Martin was an unused sub as Dunfermline lost 2-0 at home to Inverness CT. Aiden Keena is out injured so didn’t feature for Dunfermline.

Andy Irving was brought on in the 62nd minute as Falkirk lost 2-0 away to Ross County.

Dario Zanatta played 86 minutes in Alloa’s 1-1 draw with Dundee Utd.

Lewis Moore was subbed in 53rd minute as Forfar got thumped 4-0 away to Raith.

Euan Henderson was brought on in the 69th minute as Montrose lost 2-0 at home to East Fife.

In the same game Rory Currie was an unused sub for East Fife

It seems most weeks our loanees have a tough time of it. Hopefully it’ll give them the mental toughness going forward. Knowing it isn’t all about earning way more than your mates at 17-18 and spending it all on nights out, cheeky wee Nando’s and lads holidays to Magaluf. Hopefully seeing what it’s like in the lower leagues pushes them on even more to prove themselves at the top level. If it doesn’t then we’re sorting the wheat from the chaff at least.

33 minutes ago, chizinho21 said:

Ryan Edwards was of course ineligible to play for St Mirren against us this weekend.

Bobby Burns was an unused sub in Livingston’s win over Hibs.

Connor Sammon was brought on in the 69th minute in Motherwells 3-1 winaway to Dundee.

Malaury Martin was an unused sub as Dunfermline lost 2-0 at home to Inverness CT. Aiden Keena is out injured so didn’t feature for Dunfermline.

Andy Irving was brought on in the 62nd minute as Falkirk lost 2-0 away to Ross County.

Dario Zanatta played 86 minutes in Alloa’s 1-1 draw with Dundee Utd.

Lewis Moore was subbed in 53rd minute as Forfar got thumped 4-0 away to Raith.

Euan Henderson was brought on in the 69th minute as Montrose lost 2-0 at home to East Fife.

In the same game Rory Currie was an unused sub for East Fife

Thanks for the summary. Much appreciated ??

Good experience for the young lads.  Performance isn't necessarily the key, learning to play against me and learning from mistakes is the objective and it looks like most are getting that right now.

On.y the cream of these boys will make it at Hearts, this is their chance to prove it.

26 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Knowing absolutely nothing about the situation for any of these guys there does not seem to be many of them starting games !!

24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It seems most weeks our loanees have a tough time of it. Hopefully it’ll give them the mental toughness going forward. Knowing it isn’t all about earning way more than your mates at 17-18 and spending it all on nights out, cheeky wee Nando’s and lads holidays to Magaluf. Hopefully seeing what it’s like in the lower leagues pushes them on even more to prove themselves at the top level. If it doesn’t then we’re sorting the wheat from the chaff at least.

They’ve been getting decent number of starts other than Currie who seems to be out of favour in a poor East Fife team.

None of them are on loan at top half sides in their divisions (currently) so it will be tough for them. Seemed to do Morrison no harm and I guess a good test of mentality but must be tough for them, especially seeing their Hearts pals at the top of the league!

3 minutes ago, chizinho21 said:

They’ve been getting decent number of starts other than Currie who seems to be out of favour in a poor East Fife team.

None of them are on loan at top half sides in their divisions (currently) so it will be tough for them. Seemed to do Morrison no harm and I guess a good test of mentality but must be tough for them, especially seeing their Hearts pals at the top of the league!

Cheers for update 

19 minutes ago, chizinho21 said:

Players don’t necessarily have to be playing well week in week out, the key is they learn. They get conditioned and toughened up to compete. They can make their mistakes out on loan, that’s the point, hopefully they also learn things. Attacking minded players learning how to track back and dig in etc, defensive minded players coming up against seasoned professionals with all their tricks. Can only be good for them, but it’s down to them at the end of the day whether or not they make the most of that experience.

tartofmidlothian

See Rory Currie scored the winner for East Fife in the Challenge Cup today?

I'm sure more of our guys must have played, but I can't see the teams on the BBC site.

Funtime Jambo
55 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I'm sure more of our guys must have played, but I can't see the teams on the BBC site.

Brilliant heard from my mate it was a lovely goal,he scored against Dundee utd during the week and assisted Wighton hopefully getting over his injury.:thumbsup:

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Sierra Delta said:

Malaury Martin played around 20mins for Dunfermline (seriously!) and scored a penalty in the shoot out. 

:o

Now that is a shock cup result.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dario Zanatta scored of the penalties in 5-4 penalty shoot out win for Alloa versus Dundee United. 

Was taken out in the box for Alloa Pk during the game 

EastSideJambo
2 hours ago, Sierra Delta said:

Malaury Martin played around 20mins for Dunfermline (seriously!) and scored a penalty in the shoot out. 

He should be the technically most superior player in that league for Dunfermline this season 

I think he will do well for them and I very much hope he does. Hopefully they get promoted 

EastSideJambo
3 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Looked a prospect when he first came through.  Looked quick 

17 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

He should be the technically most superior player in that league for Dunfermline this season 

I think he will do well for them and I very much hope he does. Hopefully they get promoted 

I hope they win the Scottish or something so they all think he's class and take him off us. 

Martin was actually decent.

good set pieces, dictated play and composed on the ball, he really made a difference to their play which was dire before.

put in a few challenges as well and always looking to be involved which were my major criticisms of him.

great penalty.

that said the standard of football was dire and Dunfermline looked a shadow of the team that played us.

Borehamwood team were bigger and stronger but technically poor.

2 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

Martin was actually decent.

good set pieces, dictated play and composed on the ball, he really made a difference to their play which was dire before.

put in a few challenges as well and always looking to be involved which were my major criticisms of him.

great penalty.

that said the standard of football was dire and Dunfermline looked a shadow of the team that played us.

Borehamwood team were bigger and stronger but technically poor.

Minority but still oft stated opinion: Martin is a good player. Ok didnt suit Levein but when in need, should have been used. His attitude and application has never been in question and in fact Cochrane sited him as a mentor.

People are lazy and categorise players black and white (careful now). Good and shite and if theyre shite, its their fault. Far from that simple. Wish the guy all the best, wish it had worked out at us but if he does Dunf, a team we all tend to agree are one if the good guys, a turn, then great.

Edited by TheBigO

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Minority but still oft stated opinion: Martin is a good player. Ok didnt suit Levein but when in need, should have been used. His attitude and application has never been in question and in fact Cochrane sited him as a mentor.

People are lazy and categorise players black and white (careful now). Good and shite and if theyre shite, its their fault. Far from that simple. Wish the guy all the best, wish it had worked out at us but if he does Dunf, a team we all tend to agree are one if the good guys, a turn, then great.

Agreed. I don't think he got many chances at Hearts, but main problem was that he clearly didn't understand the Scottish concept of getting stuck in in a derby regardless...

jamboinglasgow
32 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Henderson scored for Scotland under 19s

Not Hearts Euan Henderson. Its Celtic's Ewan Henderson.

Edited by jamboinglasgow