Celtic Dot Count

mainstandjambo

letsalldothebeattie

Quite surprised this hasn’t sold out yet. First home league game of the season, I know some have issues with Celtic games but surely this should still sell out 

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clerry Jambo

• JALBO

• JamboJen

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Quite surprised this hasn’t sold out yet. First home league game of the season, I know some have issues with Celtic games but surely this should still sell out 

It's still very much in the middle of the school holidays.

I have 4 tickets in Section D of the Wheatfield to hand back for resale tomorrow as I'll be away in Spain next week.

17 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

We have a slightly higher capacity than last season and slightly less ST holders

so it is a bit harder to get a sell out.

If we are selling 100 tickets a day that means we should only have 500 or so left by Friday morning. I reckon sales will pick up Friday afternoon and we’ll sell out an hour or two before kick off. 

There will be plenty folk with other plans trying to get out of them, to get to this game, which should be a belter!

Edited by BigC

davemclaren
On 04/08/2018 at 17:28, Francis Albert said:

Fair chance we will sell out now.

We might be reconsidering giving the whole of the Roseburn to the OF sooner than we thought.

Doubt the decision to do that will be taken without the ‘guarantee’ that season tickets will almost fill the other stands. Walk ups vary too much. 

Francis Albert
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Doubt the decision to do that will be taken without the ‘guarantee’ that season tickets will almost fill the other stands. Walk ups vary too much. 

Maybe but it is a measure of our ambition. The test is not whether we can fill the other stands with st holders but how much of the roseburn we can fill for OF games.

It is quite clear from the trajectory that it is selling out

if it was stJohnstone we’d sell 800 tickets in the last three days 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe but it is a measure of our ambition. The test is not whether we can fill the other stands with st holders but how much of the roseburn we can fill for OF games.

It would be a sign of our risk appetite for not maximising income from OF games. 

48 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It would be a sign of our risk appetite for not maximising income from OF games. 

If we continue to play as we have in the last three games there is a good chance the next time they come calling it will be to a reduced ticket allocation in the Roseburn . 

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield   -   421

Gorgie          -   284

Main             -   311

Total left      -  1016. Another 126 sold in last 24 hours.

A crowd of around 19k for a televised game would be reasonable.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If we continue to play as we have in the last three games there is a good chance the next time they come calling it will be to a reduced ticket allocation in the Roseburn . 

Depends how far in front we agree ticket allocations for the OF. If we sell more season tickets then perhaps but I can't see the club risking revenue without that guarantee. 

Some city centre promotion this week would ensure sellout. Quite a few fringe/festival visitors would not have realised its Hearts Celtic this weekend. Only three hours out of their culture infusion timetable. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Yes. And depending on the tickets we sell for next Sunday I hope our risk appetite for selling to Hearts fans increases. Even dare I say it if it costs us a few quid in the short term.

Buffalo Bill
28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What was that crowd?

Hearts (Millar) 1 Hibs 1 (Wright)

Crowd was 24,139. Game 20 of 22-in-a-row

Last 20K+ crowd at Tynecastle.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

Hungry hippo
7 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Hearts (Millar) 1 Hibs 1 (Wright)

Crowd was 24,139. Game 20 of 22-in-a-row

Last 20K+ crowd at Tynecastle.

What's the target to beat for it to be the biggest crowd since that game?

davemclaren

Assuming it’s a sellout it should give a good indication of the actual practical capacity of the ground this season. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Assuming it’s a sellout it should give a good indication of the actual practical capacity of the ground this season. 

Unfortunately there are season ticket holders who still don't know or can't be arsed to let the club know that they won't be using their seasons so we can re- sell the seats on the day. We will never reach full capacity until that happens!

Edit it's late for me. I get what you mean as we will count the seats sold regardless if ST holders turn up or not.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

I live 6,000 miles from Tynecastle Park but I buy two season tickets as my contribution to the club where I've had many a great day and, yes, some awful ones too.

Every week, I make sure that I give my tickets, which I have paid for, to anybody who wants to occupy my seats.  I do not have to do that once I've bought the tickets but I choose to do it that way.

"season ticket holders who still don't know or can't be arsed" is not how I expect to be addressed on this forum. 

So, ARLG, how would you sensibly address this issue?

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

I live 6,000 miles from Tynecastle Park but I buy two season tickets as my contribution to the club where I've had many a great day and, yes, some awful ones too.

Every week, I make sure that I give my tickets, which I have paid for, to anybody who wants to occupy my seats.  I do not have to do that once I've bought the tickets but I choose to do it that way.

"season ticket holders who still don't know or can't be arsed" is not how I expect to be addressed on this forum. 

I don't mean you mate living so far away and I salute you for buying a ST to help the club but we have people living a stones throw away who don't use or pass their ticket on. Maybe the club need some incentive like a discount the following season if people allow their seats to be resold by letting the club know. 

Serge Pizzorno

Not long before the 4-0 thrashing Kasabian had just played at the Hydro, so listened to their playlist on the drive from Glasgow to Tynecastle, same again??

2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

You sir are one and a half Jambos.  You put me to shame but now that I have resolved technical issues I'm going to be making one-off payments to FoH on quite a regular basis.

I thought about £100 every time Lennon goes to the dentist but that would hardly keep us going.  Might make it £200 when Uche says to Brown "I really wish you hadn't done that".

11 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Tickets only went on sale on Friday - I'm sure the tickets will go comfortable before Saturday.

Assuming they are all sold, it will be interesting to see if the club release the 150 or so restricted view seats in the wings of N and T that haven't been released for sale.

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

Tickets only went on sale on Friday - I'm sure the tickets will go comfortable before Saturday.

Assuming they are all sold, it will be interesting to see if the club release the 150 or so restricted view seats in the wings of N and T that haven't been released for sale.

If I was there I'd buy a restricted view ticket if the restriction was that you couldn't see Celtic.

I'd pay double.

Buffalo Bill
8 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

What's the target to beat for it to be the biggest crowd since that game?

19,324 v Hibs back in May. 

Deans Jambo
9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Some city centre promotion this week would ensure sellout. Quite a few fringe/festival visitors would not have realised its Hearts Celtic this weekend. Only three hours out of their culture infusion timetable. 

Unlikely they'd get a ticket as you require a previous buying history. 

I've always wondered who sits in the dozen or so rows behind the Premium  seats - the seating that was originally designated for patrons of the Sky Lounge. I had assumed it wasn't members of the other lounges because they are allocated seating in sections Q, R and S, but there does appear to be people with tickets for that area. Anyone able to shed light on this? 

upgotheheads
8 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I don't mean you mate living so far away and I salute you for buying a ST to help the club but we have people living a stones throw away who don't use or pass their ticket on. Maybe the club need some incentive like a discount the following season if people allow their seats to be resold by letting the club know. 

On the odd occasion when I can't make a game I always release my seat back to the club. Mostly this doesn't make any difference but for games against the arse cheeks and h15s it probably does. I've always thought that Hearts could be more proactive in encouraging this.

David McCaig
15 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

On the odd occasion when I can't make a game I always release my seat back to the club. Mostly this doesn't make any difference but for games against the arse cheeks and h15s it probably does. I've always thought that Hearts could be more proactive in encouraging this.

The best way would be for Hearts to declare total tickets sold including resales and the value of these resales.

For example, I am returning 4 x Platinum seats for the Celtic match which is worth in excess of £120 to the club.  That alone is equal to some folks entire FoH subscription for the year... So resales are a really useful revenue stream for the club.

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The best way would be for Hearts to declare total tickets sold including resales and the value of these resales.

For example, I am returning 4 x Platinum seats for the Celtic match which is worth in excess of £120 to the club.  That alone is equal to some folks entire FoH subscription for the year... So resales are a really useful revenue stream for the club.

It would be nice to know that figure. However as far as I can make out all Scottish teams declare their attendance as seats sold (not including resales) so the figures wouldn’t be comparable to previous seasons or to other teams’.

you could also have the oddity of the ‘attendance’ being larger than the capacity of the ground.

Id personally prefer the declared attendance to be the number of seats occupied. However that would be an embarrassing figure at times so is unlikely to happen

Edited by scott herbertson

Hackney Hearts
33 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

It would be nice to know that figure. However as far as I can make out all Scottish teams declare their attendance as seats sold (not including resales) so the figures wouldn’t be comparable to previous seasons or to other teams’.

you could also have the oddity of the ‘attendance’ being larger than the capacity of the ground.

They could always release it as a separate 'resales' figure. If the purpose is simply to advertise the value of doing this to other ST holders, then put it out there on social media, etc - in the same way that the number of away fans is announced these days.

John mcCartney

i was dreading checking out if those rodents were given the full end,and they have

ann budge has a duty of care towards the hearts support and the actions of allowing a mob of lawless,sectarian,intimidating scumbags(and the reason why they are
that is the fact that the police and security budget does not cover the magnitude of the allocation numbers) to inhabit tynecastle for the sake of a few grand should not
be happening

all else is going well but to be handing their mob a big day out at our expense really absolutely ****ing sickens me tbh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

i was dreading checking out if those rodents were given the full end,and they have

ann budge has a duty of care towards the hearts support and the actions of allowing a mob of lawless,sectarian,intimidating scumbags(and the reason why they are
that is the fact that the police and security budget does not cover the magnitude of the allocation numbers) to inhabit tynecastle for the sake of a few grand should not
be happening

all else is going well but to be handing their mob a big day out at our expense really absolutely ****ing sickens me tbh

When we can sell 18000 tickets 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I think they might need to introduce a freephone number as even a small cost will probably put people off. I have given my ticket to friends but often they tell you later that something came up and they didn't use it. I have let the club know once or twice but sometimes you can be ill or something else happens late in the day and you don't have time, that's true.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

Plus the fact that some visitors might decide to be plastic sellick fans for the day which might be a bit tricky for the club. 

John Findlay
42 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

be happening

I assume you have written to Hearts and especially Ann Budge expressing the feelings you have posted above?

So how do you begin a buying history. Go into shop buy a birthday card, set up a reference number for yourself then go to ticket counter and buy tickets? 

I cant believe that a visitor to Edinburgh can’t just go in to the ticket office and buy tickets. If that’s the case we need to change the process if we want to maximise revenue. 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

So how do you begin a buying history. Go into shop buy a birthday card, set up a reference number for yourself then go to ticket counter and buy tickets? 

I cant believe that a visitor to Edinburgh can’t just go in to the ticket office and buy tickets. If that’s the case we need to change the process if we want to maximise revenue. 

They can buy in person from the TO but without a history cannot buy online.

Unknown user

I don't have a previous buying history having lived abroad for ten years but I managed to get a couple via eticketing. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

They could always release it as a separate 'resales' figure. If the purpose is simply to advertise the value of doing this to other ST holders, then put it out there on social media, etc - in the same way that the number of away fans is announced these days.

Possibly don't want the tax man to find out only joking but as Hearts pay tax on season ticket sales (i assume) can they be charged tax again for a resale when the initial tax has already been paid for the said seat,  sorry that looks like a lot of gobbledegook.

16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Correct FA.

mainstandjambo

Latest Count

Wheatfield   -    313

Gorgie           -   223

Main              -   234

Total left        -   770. Just under 250 sold since my last count on Sunday night. Will do further count around JALBO time.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest Count

Wheatfield   -    313

Gorgie           -   223

Main              -   234

Total left        -   770. Just under 250 sold since my last count on Sunday night. Will do further count around JALBO time.

Excellent sales - I predict another 40 gone by JalbO’clock

2 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

be happening

Tough really. We can't sell the tickets so they get the whole end. Hopefully we can continue our good start and ticket sales go up; then we can seriously look at reducing the tickets for them and the other arse cheek too

25 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Excellent sales - I predict another 40 gone by JalbO’clock

Great work, mainstandjambo. Lovin' JALBO time!

Clerry Jambo

By: Hearts Media on 06 Aug, 2018 13:45

The Jambos entertain Celtic on Saturday, August 11th in the first home league game of the season and hospitality lounges are filling up fast.

Hearts got their 2018/19 Ladbrokes Premiership season off to a flyer on Saturday with an emphatic 4-1 win away to Hamilton Academical. Attention now turns to this coming Saturday when the boys in maroon return to Tynecastle Park to take on the champions.

Join us for the Big Matchday Experience in the Gorgie Suite

Watch the league leaders in style! Spaces remain in the Gorgie Suite for the Big Matchday Experience. With pre and post-match entertainment, this is truly a day out to remember!

Package Highlights

• Lounge access 1 and a half hours before kick-off and 2 hours after the final whistle
  • Complimentary matchday programme and teamsheet
  • Fine dining
  • Half-time refreshments of tea, coffee, cakes and biscuits
  • Welcome drink and complimentary bar pre and post-match
  • Table service throughout, including drinks service
  • In-lounge betting
  • Man of the Match presentation and interview
  • Dress code: smart, no trainers, no casual jeans (dress denims permitted), ties optional

To book in for the Big Matchday Experience, contact the Hospitality Team now on 0131 200 7244