farin

Lafferty moves to Rangers for undisclosed fee ( updated/merged )

pointon

Can only see this going one way thanks for the memories Lafferty but under no circumstance do I want to see Lee Wallace back at tynecastle he’s finished

Jamdub
24 minutes ago, Beats said:

Levein is definitely keen on Lee Wallace, his only worry is the fitness of trigger. 

Rangers actually came in looking at a straight swap a few weeks ago and we rightly told him to **** off but I think we would deal at 400k upwards with Wallace involved in the deal. 200k for the Czech boy and money in the bank. Not saying I agree with the 400k and Wallace but that's the level we will deal at.

Did your best pal Craig Levein personally tell you this. :jj_facepalm:

John Findlay

The bid was followed by can we pay it over ten years. To which the reply was. You'll not be here in 10 months never mind 10 years. Go forth and multiply. Or words to that effect.

Deans Jambo

Let's not kid on that this is everything Kyle wants (a move to Rangers). He moved back to Scotland to settle down with his wife and soon to be born child. He will probably earn double his current wage if he moves and he'll play for the club he supports. 

The fact we've signed 2 other 'physical' strikers tells me this was always in the pipeline. Transfer request incoming imo

black stump
53 minutes ago, westbow said:

Cartel is up and running. Celtic unsettle Hibs top player, Rangers unsettle ours. Same old same old. Last seasons carry on with the Aberdeen manager and Walker all over again.

Exactly!. they have been doing it for years, and getting away with it. Most of the time...

Jeff
18 minutes ago, sinks said:

Have heard that Mrs Budge payed his gambling debts and if he leaves they would require to be paid back

Right....

Jamdub
4 minutes ago, Morph said:

:laugh::laugh: do we not?

Cheerio Lafferty, good while it lasted.  Nice to have an actual goal scoring forward for once and if he had a half decent midfield behind him I think he would’ve easily seen 20 goals. 

Well with a shite midfield he managed 19 last season.

JAMBO747

Scummy Club, scummy fans...

Mikey1874
12 minutes ago, farin said:

Got to be a few who wouldn’t want him back after he refused to tupe over to the newco rangers. 

DFA8A588-39C5-4ECE-88F5-7D51D4CE5D11.jpeg

Naismith, McGregor (resigned), Davis, Whittaker the other main ones. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Rudolf
5 minutes ago, pointon said:

Can only see this going one way thanks for the memories Lafferty but under no circumstance do I want to see Lee Wallace back at tynecastle he’s finished

Always thought he was Scottish.

indianajones
9 minutes ago, Morph said:

:laugh::laugh: do we not?

Cheerio Lafferty, good while it lasted.  Nice to have an actual goal scoring forward for once and if he had a half decent midfield behind him I think he would’ve easily seen 20 goals. 

We told them to bolt with an inferior Jamie Walker with 6 months left in his contract. Confident we will continue to do the same. 

Muppetboy

A big game player no doubt but can't help think losing him wouldn't be too detrimental. Contingency will be in place so I'm confident things will still be on course

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Let's not kid on that this is everything Kyle wants (a move to Rangers). He moved back to Scotland to settle down with his wife and soon to be born child. He will probably earn double his current wage if he moves and he'll play for the club he supports. 

The fact we've signed 2 other 'physical' strikers tells me this was always in the pipeline. Transfer request incoming imo

In no way has he ever stated he moved back to Scotland for rangers. That is total tosh

Jambo92

Weird one, he wouldn't actually get much game time there I imagine with Morelos, Murphy and Sadiq there.  He would also be going against everything he has said in the media if he tries and forces a move through.  If I was Hearts I would just rebuff until the offers get serious - Kyle's getting no younger, wouldn't be such a big loss if we lost him next summer. 

Juanjo15
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

We told them to bolt with an inferior Jamie Walker with 6 months left in his contract. Confident we will continue to do the same. 

Wasn't Jamie going to get us a development fee regardless? 

Juanjo15
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

In no way has he ever stated he moved back to Scotland for rangers. That is total tosh

He's not but he would jump at it. 

jambopilms
7 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Eh? 

He scored 19 goals for us last season, you can't argue with that, when was the last time we had a striker who scored 19 goals for us? 

Not doubting his scoring rate but Maclean Is a better all round footballer who will bRing more to the team and get double figures, Naismith is a better footballer who brings more to the team. It's all very well scoring 19 but assists 0. He has been shocking this season for whatever reason, if he is not scoring he is mince and that was the same for much of last season. I would be getting him off the books and bringing in the Czech lad.

Busby8

I'd forgotten how much a hate that mob.

200k is nothing more than an insult.

I sincerely hope that they rot in hell.

Scummy club. Scummy fans.

Them and racelleic deserve each other.

Morph
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

That doesn’t mean we don’t sell to them, it means we didn’t think their bid was good enough. 

There’s absolutely no doubt Lafferty will want to go back to rangers so if they want him they’ll get him. 

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

Rather let him go for nothing than sell to those ********

This.

Detest those puddle drinking scumbags in Glasgow.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The bid was followed by can we pay it over ten years. To which the reply was. You'll not be here in 10 months never mind 10 years. Go forth and multiply. Or words to that effect.

As long as Ann doesn't accept a deal on the never never.

Beats
9 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Just passing on what I was told. Whether you believe me or not is up to you. 

Zico

£200k for our 19 goal striker, aye? :rofl:

£1m or go **** yourselves. 

John Findlay
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

As long as Ann doesn't accept a deal on the never never.

1.5M. All up front. If not, bolt.

Pans Jambo
Just now, Morph said:

That doesn’t mean we don’t sell to them, it means we didn’t think their bid was good enough. 

There’s absolutely no doubt Lafferty will want to go back to rangers so if they want him they’ll get him. 

Absolutely no doubt?

Tell me how this is?

They can sign him on a pre-contract in January of pay the £750K now OR...GTF.

jambopilms

Rangers would be no stronger with Kyle Lafferty

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Not doubting his scoring rate but Maclean Is a better all round footballer who will bRing more to the team and get double figures, Naismith is a better footballer who brings more to the team. It's all very well scoring 19 but assists 0. He has been shocking this season for whatever reason, if he is not scoring he is mince and that was the same for much of last season. I would be getting him off the books and bringing in the Czech lad.

I'd agree with this if it hadn't been for the fact that he made most of these goals himself. At least half wouldn't have been scored by anyone else we had on the pitch. There's no point in down playing his contribution last season. There's also no point in keeping him if he wants to go because he's definitely the type who'll sulk and produce next to nothing all year if we keep him against his will. Take a reasonable offer if he really wants to go IMO. £200k is not reasonable though. No where near reasonable. 

Bainy

They actually have a cheek to offer that amount for a player that scored more goals than this apprent 12M wonderkid we keep hearing about they have. 

What a joke club they have become and I hope Levein gets right out and says we wont £2M for Lafferty or he is going nowhere as he is still under contract.  

That club are scum and I really cant stand them these days.  Sooner they go back to be deed the better. 120k is just bare faced cheek they should be ashamed - oh wait they have no shame!  I hope budge actually called DK and just laughed down the phone at him. 

cocobeab

Wonder if we knew this was in the wind and that’s why he hardly figured in friendlies?

Regardless it’s yet another classic example as to why I will always marvel at any Hearts fans with Ibrox sympathies. As bad as Celtic if not worse. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

He's not there to assist though, he's there to finish, and he did, 19 times. 

I do tend to agree that even though he's scored 19 goals, he does look very unorthodox in his style of play though, but he can finish, there's no doubting that. His poor performances this season are probably down to being injured and being way off the pace (probably shouldn't have played against Cowdenbeath), and possibly having his head turned. Last season he was pretty much the only show in town, now we have a decent array of strikers to choose from and it will only get better once the Czech lad comes in. 

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, pointon said:

Don't know. I think this will be a long and very boring saga that could go either way. Wallace as compensation would be excellent, doesn't have his pace but he's a clever player that would definatly improve us

ford donald
1 hour ago, king.Robbo said:

Hope Levein tells them no sale at any price to them!!!

[email protected]@@ing hate those weegie tactics !!

if he wants to move on fine but under no circumstances to them !! He can go south for 1m plus...

The player will have the final say.If Rangers offer enough he will be off,no question.Big Rangers supporter. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
14 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Yeah totally agree.

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'd agree with this if it hadn't been for the fact that he made most of these goals himself. At least half wouldn't have been scored by anyone else we had on the pitch. There's no point in down playing his contribution last season. There's also no point in keeping him if he wants to go because he's definitely the type who'll sulk and produce next to nothing all year if we keep him against his will. Take a reasonable offer if he really wants to go IMO. £200k is not reasonable though. No where near reasonable. 

Agreed!

How I loathe and detest that horrible blood-sucking institution!   

SuperstarSteve

Wallace arriving pretty much kills the Mitchell deal aswell, so losing our best striker to direct rivals in return for a left back that’s no needed or fit, talk about shooting ourself in the foot. If that ends up being the case anyway

Des Lynam

He’ll want to go there. 

colinmaroon
3 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Wonder if we knew this was in the wind and that’s why he hardly figured in friendlies?

Regardless it’s yet another classic example as to why I will always marvel at any Hearts fans with Ibrox sympathies. As bad as Celtic if not worse. 

The Green Ugly is another horrible institution but, they are not as deep in the muck by a good few miles to that other lot.

Lake of fire for them both!!!

Lambo85

Suprised this has taken so long to be honest.

Hearts wont sell for anything less than £800k in my opinion but I cant see Rangers paying that.

I just hope Lafferty is professional enough about it, gets his head down and works hard this season.

johnking123

Wallace coming back as a CB would be fine.

hisnameis

Them via record: Dream move, Boyhood heroes, lives there yada yada, us: very much in our plans. No need to sell da Dee dah. Nothing happens for a week then player intimates his desire to go. Them via record : desperate for the move. Save me from my Tyncastle hell. Net result circa £400 k plus Wallace as beats says

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Wallace arriving pretty much kills the Mitchell deal aswell, so losing our best striker to direct rivals in return for a left back that’s no needed or fit, talk about shooting ourself in the foot. If that ends up being the case anyway

Wallace wont be arriving. He'd be a crazy signing. Hasn't been fully fit for 2 years. Hasn't played for god knows how long. Wouldn't pass a fitness test at any professional club.

No way we're signing him surely tae.........

Bigkyle
14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Do you not wish we had took the money?

Van Wilder

Bolt.

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Wallace coming back as a CB would be fine.

Aye, a fully wit Wallace. This Wallace would be coming back to lie on a physio's table most of the week. No danger we're signing him.

Edited by Escobar PHM

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Bigkyle said:

Do you not wish we had took the money?

We'd still be waiting on the money! 

Irufushi
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He’ll want to go there. 

Think so too, he can go for 1 mill though. 

Morph
10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Absolutely no doubt?

Tell me how this is?

They can sign him on a pre-contract in January of pay the £750K now OR...GTF.

Because the money they can offer him far exceeds what we can offer him. 

And hes a massive hun. 

Spellczech
21 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Too true. I think we all know £200k is nowhere near enough, but when people start dictating the price and terms of what would be acceptable for the club...:cornette:

SuperstarSteve
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Wallace wont be arriving. He'd be a crazy signing. Hasn't been fully fit for 2 years. Hasn't played for god knows how long. Wouldn't pass a fitness test at any professional club.

No way we're signing him surely tae.........

Wallace will arrive as part of the deal if lafferty leaves, he could pass a fitness test i’d Imagine, not in the know or anything like that, we get cash plus a player and a big earner off the wage bill, I think he leaves before the window shuts, just an opinion, but if it’s was the case then Mitchell deal is surely dead for good.