farin

Lafferty moves to Rangers for undisclosed fee ( updated/merged )

HMFC86

It was £120k upfront rising to £200k if they win the league in his first contract ?

£800k + and all upfront. Interesting if we offer a new deal. 

Csn see him leaving with us using part off the cash ya bring in the Czech lad now.

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Think spending that much on Vanecek would be a waste 

I wouldn't spend like to spend £200k on him for 4 extra months either, but we'll need him in if Lafferty goes so we'll need to pay whats being asked.

Spellczech
4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Hate to even use the words but in this situation we should do a Hibs and have Levein come out and say we'll only start discussions at £4m

Yeah, they get away with these lowball offers all the time. It just encourages them. We need one of Levein's cutting comments to put an end to them.

A_A wehatethehibs

That offer might as well be 0 

Beats
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Think spending that much on Vanecek would be a waste 

If we lose Kyle and don't replace him we could be struggling by the time January comes and miles away from 2nd/3rd. No brainer to bring Vanecek in if we lose Kyle.

Bigkyle
Just now, Beats said:

If we lose Kyle and don't replace him we could be struggling by the time January comes and miles away from 2nd/3rd. No brainer to bring Vanecek in if we lose Kyle.

Is vanecek any good? 

highlandjambo3

They can get tae ****

Famous 1874
Just now, Bigkyle said:

Is vanecek any good? 

Supposed to be very decent

SuperstarSteve

Lafferty should be told he’s going nowhere, if he wants to walk at the end of the season then so be it, watching our top striker leave to a club we can compete with and should be trying to is a ****ing disaster! 

indianajones

We don't sell to league rivals. 

robbies-tackle

Sorry but Wallace is finished. Been out for a year now and injury not improving plus he's still got a year left on his contract at mega wages. I'm in the 'under no circumstances sell to those  tramps' camp. Would rather he left for nowt next year. However there is the problem that he might sign a pre-contract in January and down tools. 

Beats
Just now, Bigkyle said:

Is vanecek any good? 

Got no idea but he's coming in so unless we have another free on the horizon we need to bring him in asap. 

Jambo, Goodbye

No chance they had even the tiniest expectation that we'd accept that offer. 

This is purely to try to unsettle our top goal scorer. 

Utterly scummy way to conduct yourself in the transfer market,  but then again,  new club,  same old shite. 

MadJock

Another year of Newco treating our club like our players are worth nothing.

I know this wont happen as money talks but we should not be selling players to our rivals, especially for insulting offers.

I do think he will go though, and it will be for an Undisclosed fee (seems to be the usual statement now) as unless he sings an extension the club are put in a terrtible situation of getting nothing

sinks

Have heard that Mrs Budge payed his gambling debts and if he leaves they would require to be paid back

Mort

Similar situation to Walker last summer, we were declining much higher bids and I would argue that Lafferty is worth much more than Walker. Why would we entertain something so low? Insulting. 

Mister Dee

No way should we be selling him -especially to that lot. 

£1m+ before I’d be interested in talking about it. 

He’s been good for us, but we’ve been good for him. 

Whos to say what being back at Rangers will do to him? 

Gambo

I hope we have not replied to that offer.

It is not deserving of a reply. 

johnking123

Would take Wallace for left hand side of defensive 3. We all agree Berra does not look comfortable there.

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, robbies-tackle said:

Sorry but Wallace is finished. Been out for a year now and injury not improving plus he's still got a year left on his contract at mega wages. I'm in the 'under no circumstances sell to those  tramps' camp. Would rather he left for nowt next year. However there is the problem that he might sign a pre-contract in January and down tools. 

Certainly under no circumstances should we accept Wallace as a makeweight to cheapen the deal. We shouldn't be signing him at all in fact. He's done.

heartsfc_fan

Best case scenario for us would be Lee Wallace as part of the deal plus we get Vancek in and still have £700k left over.

He's not looked right pre season and Ikpeazu certainly put more effort in that other night when he came on.

I'd like him to stay but if he doesn't want to be here then....

stranraer-jambo

Can we change the title to "Sevco make a ridiculous derisory offer for Lafferty" 

Typical OF.  Unsettling players, treating other clubs in a condescending manner then rely on the MSM to continue this on their behalf.

The Old Tolbooth
8 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Lafferty already looks unsettled, going by his last 2 performances. 

The blue sky and orange club tweets ect. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they spoke to him ages ago. 

I'd say he's definitely been illegally tapped up already, such is the sheer scumminess of that club! 

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, sinks said:

Have heard that Mrs Budge payed his gambling debts and if he leaves they would require to be paid back

Aye because that's the kind of thing that gets banded about the club and spread amongst folk who cant be trusted to keep their traps shut.

tokyowalnut

Don't see the benefit of Wallace coming back at all. It'd take until Christmas to get him fit enough to play.

Manny1874
4 minutes ago, robbies-tackle said:

That's a really good point. 

Rangers will be desperate to get him off the books. We would be doing them a massive favour taking Wallace. 

Sooperstar
4 minutes ago, sinks said:

Yeah, nah.

rick witter
2 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

I'd say he's definitely been illegally tapped up already, such is the sheer scumminess of that club! 

Aye ok then ????

Bigkyle

I was worried with the influx of signings that a few would leave. Hopefully no big laff tho

hughesie27
5 minutes ago, sinks said:

:facepalm: 

Ray Gin
17 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What I don't understand is what they thought Hearts were going to do with that offer. At least Celtics offer for McGinn was a reasonable starting point for negotiations. 200k...All that tells me is Rangers are skint...not a chance lafferty was in SG's plans. He's gone to king and said we need a striker...Kings told him he's got 300k to buy one with and some genius has come up with Laffertys name.

They want to sign him on a pre-contract for free in January. They're just publicly making it known that they want him in case Lafferty was thinking about a signing a contract extension.

Arnaud

We should have an old firm realease clause in every player's contract, with the fee set at a (high) level where we would be comfortable selling to them. Explain upon signing that offers below that will not be entertained.

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Aye ok then ????

What's so hard to believe about it? 

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Does anyone keep to that rule anymore ?. Certainly not Hearts that's for sure. We spoke to Berra long before we spoke to Ipswich.

It should have been ten
46 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

£200k is an absolute joke, but if people don't think his head will now be turned they are mental.  We shouldn't sell for less than £1m, anything else isn't worth it for us.

Absolutely spot on, think his tweet a few weeks back tells a lot more than some of the deluded on here refused to believe!

jambopilms

700k and let him go, Maclean is a better player and Ikepezu will score too. Lafferty was man down for many many games last year and as much  the reason for poor performances as any. 

The Treasurer

If reports are to believed, they (sevco) are paying 10x that to get an untried youngster ON LOAN.

I know this is not strictly against the rules as such but, as has been pointed out, this is as close to tapping up a player as you could get.

farin

Got to be a few who wouldn’t want him back after he refused to tupe over to the newco rangers. 

DFA8A588-39C5-4ECE-88F5-7D51D4CE5D11.jpeg

Effervesance

£200k

Just **** Off 

If he wants to go let him stew til next summer.

Bigkyle
Just now, Effervesance said:

£200k

Just **** Off 

If he wants to go let him stew til next summer.

I would rather he sat in the stand for a year than him going to them 

been here before
34 minutes ago, Jambo 85 said:

He will be gone by the start of the season.. Lee Wallace part of the deal 

Season started over a week ago. We're 3 games into it.

9 minutes ago, sinks said:

Aye, thats spot on. That really happened right enough...

Juanjo15

Oh well cheerio Laff.  Thanks for last season.  £500k and he will be gone. 

Barack
11 minutes ago, sinks said:

:lol:

Should've gotten her to pay for your psychiatrist appointments too. While she was feeling benevolent, mate.

Elmore
21 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I've seen that it's apparently a bid of 130k with 70k add on to be paid if they win the league during the duration of his contract

:laugh: they really are cheeky illegitimates. 

Juanjo15
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

700k and let him go, Maclean is a better player and Ikepezu will score too. Lafferty was man down for many many games last year and as much  the reason for poor performances as any. 

:cornette:

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Eh? 

He scored 19 goals for us last season, you can't argue with that, when was the last time we had a striker who scored 19 goals for us? 

kingantti1874

Explains why he's been shite 

Elmore
14 minutes ago, sinks said:

Wow. 

Morph
14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

We don't sell to league rivals. 

:laugh::laugh: do we not?

Cheerio Lafferty, good while it lasted.  Nice to have an actual goal scoring forward for once and if he had a half decent midfield behind him I think he would’ve easily seen 20 goals. 

Turkishcap

It just had to happen eh? The msm will be salivating over this, we may even get a mention on Reporting glasgow.