farin

Lafferty moves to Rangers for undisclosed fee ( updated/merged )

Jambo 85

He will be gone by the start of the season.. Lee Wallace part of the deal 

callum_62

Jesus - im a hibby and even I can see that is an insulting offer

The Old Tolbooth

So let me get this right, 

McGinn and Lafferty are both in a similar situation of being in their last year of their respective contracts, and both can sign a pre contractual agreement in January and leave for nothing anyway. 

McGinn has hardly played much top flight football, is vastly overrated, and Celtic offered Hibs (which was rejected) £1.5M for him. 

Lafferty, who has scored 19 goals last season, played at a MUCH higher level than McGinn has ever done, and Rangers offer us £200k for him? 

Image result for flying pig gif

jacklivi1874

Hearts should  go public and say under no circumstances will the club accept derisory offers that we also find insulting 

Edited by jacklivi1874

DarioHMFC
18 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Reckon we'd want at least a million and they don't have that to spend.

You’re dreaming if you think they don’t have a million to spend. They’re not as skint as people like to believe.

Reckon he’ll go for somewhere between £800k-£1mil.

KyleLafferty

Let’s see if Lafferty will back up the ‘I’ll want to stay at Hearts the rest of my career’ stuff then! Or let’s see if he’s full of nonsense. I reckon Austin Macphee will have a big part of him staying.

Bigkyle

Joke offer!! Thing that worries me is he's a big rangers man and he has always chased the money in his career

Famous 1874

200k is a ****ing insult

RDSK
1 minute ago, callum_62 said:

:cornette:

Barack
2 minutes ago, callum_62 said:

:getout:

Ray Gin
24 minutes ago, farin said:

£200k bid turned down. 

Hearts have rejected a bid from Rangers for striker Kyle Lafferty, STV can reveal.

We understand the bid was £200,000, which falls substantially short of the Edinburgh club's valuation of the player, who is in the final year of his contract.

The Ibrox club are looking to bolster their attacking options and identified Lafferty as a target before making their approach on Thursday.

Rangers chairman Dave King told STV earlier this week that he anticipated two more new signings and with Kean Bryan expected to join from Manchester City, it appears that Lafferty was intended to be the final piece of the jigsaw. 

New Rangers boss Steven Gerrard was frustrated by his side's lack of cutting edge in the Europa League tie against FK Shkupi and the addition of Lafferty would give him more options up front.

Roma forward Umar Sadiq has joined on loan and is working towards match fitness, with Alfredo Morelos scoring against Osijek on Thursday to make his claim for a starting spot. 

Lafferty played for Rangers between 2008 and 2012, enjoying the most successful spell of his career. Recruited from Burnley, he scored over 30 goals in the four-year spell and won three SPL titles and a Scottish Cup. 

Following the financial collapse at Ibrox in 2012, he exercised his right to become a free agent and then signed for Swiss side Sion That was followed by a season at Palermo where he won promotion and a move to Norwich where he failed to hold down a first team place and was loaned to Caykur Rizespor and then Birmingham City. Last summer, he was courted by both Hibs and Hearts before signing with the Tynecastle club on a two-year deal. The 30-year-old scored 12 goals in 35 games last season.

http://bit.ly/2LVQDhw

£200k:rofl:

:rofl:

itsnomarooned
5 minutes ago, westbow said:

Maybe it’s a double swoop for Naismith too. Looks like they’ve forgiven and forgotten, what with signing mcgregor too.

Hmm, that would not be good news.  I'd rather keep them both but would prefer to keep Naismith.

iainmac
24 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

£200,000? 

Cheeky *****. 

Martin Waghorn is 40 times the player, apparently! 

redm

6fb3bf01-b355-41c2-b8e3-1714795634da

And so it begins. I’m not ready for this. I’m not mentally prepared to lose him yet. 

Famous 1874

Vanecek in now regardless of what happens 

Mauricio Pinilla

Rangers gonna rangers. There's no way they've made that bid with any other intention than to unsettle him. Honestly just the worst couple of clubs in existence the old firm. 

heartsfc_fan

What a disgraceful offer.

Rudolf
4 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

Joke offer!! Thing that worries me is he's a big rangers man and he has always chased the money in his career

The extinct Rangers.

He left Sevco in a similar manner to Naismith so can't see him being too popular with the tribute act fans.

JimKongUno
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

750k, and he'll be gone.

He's goin naewhere in that case , the huns wont pay that

The Apprentice
5 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

You’re dreaming if you think they don’t have a million to spend. They’re not as skint as people like to believe.

Reckon he’ll go for somewhere between £800k-£1mil.

I don't believe they do have that money to spend.  If Rangers offer £1m you can guarantee it will be full of clauses and paid in instalments at a ridiculous rate. 

Mikey2690

He isn't a popular guy on RangersMhedia anyway

All roads lead to Gorgie

If he goes let's hope it's to China for silly money not to that cheating shower. 

farin
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

£200k:rofl:

:rofl:

Not a hope in hell of us is accepting such a derisory amount for him thankfully. God knows where we’d have been last season without his goals for us. 

£200k, the huns are shameless. ? 

Morgan

Nah!

A715CECC-B80C-4B89-85D7-4165DD288144.gif

Jambo83

I would want closer to £1m, he's 30, not exactly over the hill, he's got 3-4 years left in him at least at this level.

Sadly, I think Hearts will do business at far less than that, as it's a gamble over losing him for nothing when we are still financing a major infrastructure investment.

Would we even want Wallace now as part of any swap?  I don't think he has the legs anymore for his normal up and down the wing style.

Smithee

As I'd expect them to bid the value of the rest of his contact, this would suggest he's on about 4k a week. Sounds about right.

Hope we continue to tell them to piss off though. 

hmfc1995
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

750k, and he'll be gone.

I'd expect so,  He's on a very decent wage at us last year of his contract Hearts spending a lot of money on the stand.  Squad isn't exactly small,  I think he'll go for this.  If Rangers up there offer.  I personally value him higher than that but we are a business after all

Bigkyle
Just now, Rudolf said:

The extinct Rangers.

He left Sevco in a similar manner to Naismith so can't see him being too popular with the tribute act fans.

Chased the money. Rangers fans are stupid. Would welcome him with open arms. Plays the pretend flute when he scores his 1st goal and he's a hero 

westbow
1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

The extinct Rangers.

Don’t be so sure, they resigned McGregor.

Jambokirky

600k plus Wallace would be decent bit of business for us. Think the bid will defo unsettle Kyle and think he will end up back there. Hasn’t looked overly interested so far this season. 

Could use the 600k to go get a decent winger in which we badly need 

Dayman
27 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Another transfer window of this pish.

Walker last year now Laff. Wonder who is 2019 player to unsettle.

Put money on it being Cochrane. 

Zen Jambo

Don't want to lose him but can't see him staying once they have started their dirty tricks. 

Insulting offer as it is people need a reality check if they think we can get a million plus for a player they can sign on a pre contract in 6 months. 

£500k and i can see him off before the league kicks off. 

Sorry. 

suds66

That horrid mob wonder why they are despised all over Scotland.

Hearts should not have responded to that total insult of an offer.

Rudy T

What I don't understand is what they thought Hearts were going to do with that offer. At least Celtics offer for McGinn was a reasonable starting point for negotiations. 200k...All that tells me is Rangers are skint...not a chance lafferty was in SG's plans. He's gone to king and said we need a striker...Kings told him he's got 300k to buy one with and some genius has come up with Laffertys name.

Edited by Rudy T

sidjamesbottle
14 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

Hearts had better play hardball on this one.

Even if Laff begs Anne / Craig to let him talk to them, they should tell him it aint happening without an up front amount of £ x

That £ x should be in region of £750k to £1.5 mil

Scummy mutant pricks - hate them ! :mad:

They are about to pick up £800,000 from the sell on clause for waghorn whole lot please or do one 

Zen Jambo
2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Put money on it being Cochrane. 

My money's on Souttar

Ribble

Hate to even use the words but in this situation we should do a Hibs and have Levein come out and say we'll only start discussions at £4m

Mauricio Pinilla
Just now, Zen Jambo said:

My money's on Souttar

Both Souttar and Cochrane should hopefully be well out of their price range now and for evermore. Maybe Olly Lee. 

BM1874

I’ve a sneaking suspicion (not ITK) that we will see a club statement before the day is out

Escobar PHM

Lets not be too hasty here. £200k is an utter joke and was correctly laughed off.

However, if they go to half a million or above we could get Vanecek in for that right away. I don't think Lafferty's heart is in it so far this season. If he has any desire to go there then we should let him, if the money is right for us. I'd rather not have him here if he's not interested. If we want to keep him and he wants to stay, we need to get an offer on the table and he needs to sign an extension, and I mean now.

Ribble

I've seen that it's apparently a bid of 130k with 70k add on to be paid if they win the league during the duration of his contract

Beats

Levein is definitely keen on Lee Wallace, his only worry is the fitness of trigger. 

Rangers actually came in looking at a straight swap a few weeks ago and we rightly told him to **** off but I think we would deal at 400k upwards with Wallace involved in the deal. 200k for the Czech boy and money in the bank. Not saying I agree with the 400k and Wallace but that's the level we will deal at.

His name is

I can see him going. Wouldn't be surprised if they've already spoken to him. 

We wong

be bullied on price tho. 

This could get ugly! 

been here before

200k would suggest that Cathro Lite doesnt have much of a War Chest © 

Cruyff Turn

Dunno if I'd take Wallace, he's not got the legs to run up and down the park for 90 minutes these days, might be good in a back three though. 

I'd take 750k minimum plus a couple of their academy players though.

Just make sure we get the Czech boy in before we sell him. 

BigAlim
1 minute ago, Beats said:

Levein is definitely keen on Lee Wallace, his only worry is the fitness of trigger. 

Rangers actually came in looking at a straight swap a few weeks ago and we rightly told him to **** off but I think we would deal at 400k upwards with Wallace involved in the deal. 200k for the Czech boy and money in the bank. Not saying I agree with the 400k and Wallace but that's the level we will deal at.

Think spending that much on Vanecek would be a waste 

Top Corner

Lafferty already looks unsettled, going by his last 2 performances. 

The blue sky and orange club tweets ect. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they spoke to him ages ago. 

Ibrahim Tall

I see Kings learned from the Murray era.

“If they spend £5 I’ll spend £10” is now “If they spend £8m, I’ll spend £0.2m.”

WAR CHEST

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

blairdin

Why would we want Lee Wallace when the possibility of getting Demetri Mitchell back for another year hasn't been ruled out?

Even then, TTFKAR's valuation is derisory.

Captain Canada

They have little cash. Unless they offer £2million up front they can bolt. Even then I would rather see him go for nothing at the end of the season than sell to them. 

I hope we haven't even bothered responding to that 'offer'.