Uche Ikpeazu

tartofmidlothian

Unknown user
33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was pretty poor against Hibs in 4 of the 5 games last season. His link up play needs to improve, he also didn’t set up a goal for anyone else last season.

Still not sure how he managed to score 19 goals last season considering the number of chances created for him, if he stays and the other strikers supply him he could score 30.

If Lafferty gets the ball on the run outside the box there's a good chance of him scoring from an early shot across the keeper. He tends to go for the opposite post, early, before the keeper's been able to close down the new angle. He does it a lot, he's very smart.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

gordiegords

Thought he was excellent when he came on, superb turn and finish, thought he put their goaly into another dimension when he ploughed I to him :o

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If Lafferty gets the ball on the run outside the box there's a good chance of him scoring from an early shot across the keeper. He tends to go for the opposite post, early, before the keeper's been able to close down the new angle. He does it a lot, he's very smart.

I noticed that in his YouTube video when we signed him, it’s getting him the ball in the channels that so he can do that.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was pretty poor against Hibs in 4 of the 5 games last season. His link up play needs to improve, he also didn’t set up a goal for anyone else last season.

Still not sure how he managed to score 19 goals last season considering the number of chances created for him, if he stays and the other strikers supply him he could score 30.

Statiscally I would imagine Lafferty’s conversion to chance ratio last season was an outlier and not indicative of what we can expect to be maintained this season.

Edited by Jammy T

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Statiscally I would imagine Lafferty’s conversion to chance ratio last season was an outlier and not indicative of what we can expect to be maintained this season.

So more chances being made he should score and miss more?

Funtime Jambo

He certainly knows where the goals are should hopefully hit double figures for us this season :thumbsup:

Edited by Funtime Jambo

maroonsgotop
7 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

I hope thats all it is. He certainly has that hang dog look about him. If he's struggling for fitness, get him out the firing line and get him fit. We have options that will do for a few weeks.

If its because he wants to move on and cant be arsed, that's also an issue we need to fix before the window shuts

He certainly took a hard knock just before half time at Raith and was subbed quite early on in the 2nd half. also not featured much in pre season games

Edited by maroonsgotop

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yip, ball in front him, he's good, takes a Early shots and too footed to boot. 

Poor with back to goal and hold up play. 

Does win allot of headers, not great in the box either, better outside it. 

Similar imo to Johnson, who looked honking with his back to goal but dangerous running with the ball and in the channels. 

We need to use strikers correctly, for the past 20 years we seem to play strikers not to their strengths. Strange. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Most of laffertys goals were also what I'd describe as half chances. 

Most of his goals were of a high quality. 

28 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Most of laffertys goals were also what I'd describe as half chances. 

Most of his goals were of a high quality. 

Yep that’s what I mean.

Not sustainable. Can be seen by the fact that I am fairly certain he hasn’t had a season like that before.

8 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We need to use strikers correctly, for the past 20 years we seem to play strikers not to their strengths. Strange. 

Sutton and Sammon were two prime examples

Neither of these players were Dennis Bergkamp but get them the correct service and they'll score you goals. Don't get them the correct service and they are worse than a man short.

It doesn't take Guardiola to figure out how to get the best out of this kind of player. Moderately successful SPL managers elsewhere cracked this enigma, yet we managed not to tap into their only useful attribute.

Either play the way that suits them or don't play them. And if you are not willing to play in such a way as to get goals from these guys (no we shouldn't have reinvented our playing style to suit them) then why bother bringing them in

I don't doubt it is a mistake we will make again

Big Uche however looks like he will suit Craig down to the ground though. Might get into double figures, might not but will give the team a lot more than goals

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Neither of these players were Dennis Bergkamp but get them the correct service and they'll score you goals. Don't get them the correct service and they are worse than a man short.

It doesn't take Guardiola to figure out how to get the best out of this kind of player. Moderately successful SPL managers elsewhere cracked this enigma, yet we managed not to tap into their only useful attribute.

Either play the way that suits them or don't play them. And if you are not willing to play in such a way as to get goals from these guys (no we shouldn't have reinvented our playing style to suit them) then why bother bringing them in

Big Uche however looks like he will suit Craig down to the ground though. Might get into double figures, might not but will give the team a lot more than goals

Johnson as well.

Very bad habit of getting decent, proven goal scorers and turning them to dugshite.

8 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Excellent post

chester copperpot

Not one for getting ahead of myself but this guy could be the real deal for us. Been watching him the whole first half and he's bloody brilliant.

Movement, hold up play and touch.

What a player. He will be brilliant against the clogger of defenders in this league.

*edit 2-0. 

Edit** 3-0 Uche again. Told ye

Edited by chester copperpot

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Not one for getting ahead of myself but this guy could be the real deal for us. Been watching him the whole first half and he's bloody brilliant.

Movement, hold up play and touch.

What a player. He will be brilliant against the clogger of defenders in this league.

*edit 2-0. 

Edit** 3-0 Uche again. Told ye

Spot on, Chester. Everyone who didn't see him the other night, this is why we were getting so excited!

Goals and general hold up play aside, you know what will make us love him even more. He clearly is giving everything and loving it.

Imagine when he scores the winner at ER. He'll go mad.

Bridge of Djoum

2 excellent finishes, this boy is gonna be a real handful. Tracking back, too. Although a boy his size... can he do that for the whole 90? 

Five to One

Was impressed against Cowdenbeath but this is a step up in opposition and he’s absolutely bullied the Caley defence. Garruccio’s goal will get all the plaudits but    the big man’s first goal was brilliant. Also liked seeing him tracking back to win a foul in our own penalty box. Stunning first half performance. 

9 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Goals and general hold up play aside, you know what will make us love him even more. He clearly is giving everything and loving it.

Imagine when he scores the winner at ER. He'll go mad.

Spot On!!!

Can’t wait!!!:greggy:

Takeshi kovac

First off time seeing him live, what a performance. Hold up play is fantastic and a cracking finish for his first. Giving the caley defence nightmares

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Was thinking the same. :)

I am, of course, being disingenuous towards Mr Lafferty.

It would be nice to have a selection of quality strikers at the club.

9 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

This sort of performance usually starts a new song thread.....

:yas:

I’ll indulge....

”Uche iiiiiik....Peazuuuuuuu!

He’s our massive scoring genius!

Neil Lennon’s a ******* Penis!

Scoring all our goals.

Hibees are arseholes!”

Cruyff Turn

He's scored 5 already this season, 2 v Dumbarton, 1 v Cowdenbeath and 2 so far the day.

Looks a quality find, ideally suited to our league. He'll hit double figures nay bother this season. 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I am, of course, being disingenuous towards Mr Lafferty.

It would be nice to have a selection of quality strikers at the club.

:thumbsup:

Amoruso_lets_it_run

This guy looks very good indeed. Seems to be ideally suited to our league which is rarely the case. Really hope he continues to dominate! 

Maybe just maybe we have unearthed a gem, if he's consistent then I think he could be fantastic, team as a whole playing really well. 

Looks very dangerous. 

Get too close and he'll out muscle you.

Give him space and he'll score from anywhere. 

Defenders will really struggle with their decision making against him. 

18 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

How many years contract did we manage to sign this absolute champion up for ? 

2 year deal

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Chickpea Soup is scoring 20+ this season. CAMON

Kid sitting near me on Tuesday kept shouting "come on Pikachu!" :lol:

HeartofHartley
11 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Kid sitting near me on Tuesday kept shouting "come on Pikachu!" :lol:

Hahaha! What a guy

Him and Laff would be a tremendous partnership. Make it happen Queen Ann. Tell the Huns to **** off