Hearts fielded ineligible player against Cove Rangers

kila

5 minutes ago, el_jambo74 said:

Hearts haven’t battered teams for a while now. Goal difference will be a lot to overturn. Pre-season we thumped Forfar but other games were tighter. Inverness will be a tough one to win as they’ll just camp in their own half and hit on break. 

No we haven’t but what I would say is we have it in us now. We didn’t last year at all. Even the 3-0 against St Johnstone , Partick and Hamilton weren’t batterings. If we manage it is a different question.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Juanjo15

• Gambo

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

But that's only really applicable if you are comparing similar jobs and responsibilities. 

Signing players is a judgement call, and it's difficult to quantify what is a success or failure. It is only really reflected in League positions and, if that suffers then yes, the manager will be sacked.

Incidentally - not aimed at you, by the way - if we go to the hearing and try to use the "we only brought a kid on and lost a goal, so where's the harm" argument then we would deserve to be kicked out of the tournament. It's embarrassing. 

It’s all hypothetical obviously. It is embarrassing and I’m not sure after buying so many players why he was there in the first place. 

28 minutes ago, sadj said:

But for a dodgy offside call , two off the line , a dodgy foul given against us and Olly Lee managing to hit the post when scoring seemed easier we’d of won on wednesday night 7-1. There is goals in our team this year.

Definitely goals in the team, however does that translate to goals in the head coach or will it be more going in front in games then hanging on to the result for grim death. Bringing on players like Smith on Wednesday night kills our threat.

Geoff Kilpatrick
43 minutes ago, sadj said:

How?

Say we are given a 3-0 defeat by Cove we are -3 Caley are +5 then add to that say 3-0 today against Raith (not unachievable) thats a 5 goal difference. Say we both beat the teams in midweek by the same score we go intot he Caley game knowing a win by 3goals and we top the league. Its hardly a problem. More just an inconvenience. 

I never said it was unachievable but it is a tad more than an "inconvenience".

2 minutes ago, gedster said:

Definitely goals in the team, however does that translate to goals in the head coach or will it be more going in front in games then hanging on to the result for grim death. Bringing on players like Smith on Wednesday night kills our threat.

Wed night we were so in control I thought it was more to rest players. I think Smith moved to Burns position and Burns played off Laff and Irving took over from Lee and thats what weakened us the most and when we lost our way. I thought we started 3-5-2 McLean playing off Laff as the front two and we looked decent. I just feel last season under IC we’d of had a couple of shots and been beaten. 

John Findlay

Dearie me how pant wetting are some so called Hearts supporters nowadays. If your male grow a set of balls if your female grow a pair of tits. No matter the punishment. We are winning all our remaining games and qualifying.

If you are Hibs supporters stirring it then feck off back across the road.

COME ON THE HEARTS.

Harry Potter
48 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

See when we qualify.......put your money on drawing celtic in the next round. 

Or the hobos, normal draw.

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Dearie me how pant wetting are some so called Hearts supporters nowadays. If your male grow a set of balls if your female grow a pair of tits. No matter the punishment. We are winning all our remaining games and qualifying.

COME ON THE HEARTS.

:cornette:

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

COME ON THE HEARTS.

:cornette:

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, luckydug said:

There are people on here who enjoy sticking the boot in at every opportunity. 

You are one of them.

:laugh::laugh:

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

COME ON THE HEARTS.

This 

sairyinthat
2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

If we get more than 3 points deducted it’s an outrage and a punishment far in excess of anything handed out for a previous offence by other clubs. Assuming that doesn’t happen we are on a goal chase against inferior opposition. As far from a set of dead rubbers as you can get

Statement saying we will accept the punishment by Craig tells you all it is very benign,no way would such a statement be made if they didn't know what is ahead.Follow the money.

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Maybe it wouldn't be if the sanction had been applied already, which it should have been.

Too true, having to wait until Monday is a joke,  should've been sorted out before Raith game.

4 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

See when we qualify.......put your money on drawing celtic in the next round. 

Not looking likely, toothless at best today so far.

JudyJudyJudy
21 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I'd say you've got these two things the wrong way round, and I think it's weird for a fan to think otherwise. I'm far more interested in the club  winning trophies than having an extra few grand in the bank. 

it would be more than a " few  grand"...

Stupid Sexy Flanders
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

it would be more than a " few  grand"...

I'd still rather win trophies than celebrate our bank balance.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I'd still rather win trophies than celebrate our bank balance.

A good bank balance helps us to buy good players...its not rocket science ...or you one of those who will dig deeper and increase your  FOH subscription ? 

They were talking about this on open all Mics where the chat was that a fine was most likely.  Fingers crossed, though we'll need to do a hell of a lot better against Cowdenbeath and ICT.

TorinoJambo
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Chris yer even aulder than me :wink:

Archie White and Pat McShane wouldn't get near our team nowadays.

On 19/07/2018 at 18:10, Footballfirst said:

Can't blame Scot Gardiner this time.

It was the head of the HR department Janeen who is responsible for this, surely a very uncomfortable week at work for her.