Xpert Eleven - managers needed

Ray Gin

Anyone up for joining a league with fellow jambos? There are currently 12 teams and we're looking for a few more players to make up two divisions. 

If you haven't heard of it before, it's free online football manager game. Two games are played per week on Wednesdays and Sundays. You don't have to be online at a specific time, you just need to set your team up any time you like before kick off. You can find out more here: https://www.xperteleven.com/faq.aspx?CatID=1

If you'd like to join us, the league invite link is below or you can search for league 349490:

http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=349490

been here before

Im not sure Ive got the time anymore to be honest. You've got to nurture those players, train them, give them numbers they like, play them with certain ither players in favoured positions. Then theres the investment in the youth set up, bringing through the youngsters, the transfers, temperemental players and the like.

Im not sure I can make that level of emotional involvement. Plus it never used to work all that well on a phone, just became a battle.

I've joined. It'll be interesting to see how this compares to Trophy Manager which I've played for years.

16 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

I've joined. It'll be interesting to see how this compares to Trophy Manager which I've played for years.

Nice one :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Wow, Is this still going.. We used to have several Kickback leagues on the go! 

Many moons ago..

Anyway for predictor side of things..superbru has  a very healthy Hearts community..though no jkb league  created yet.

North Berwick Jambo

I have played xperteleven for 11 years now, I am still crap ?

11 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

For the last two days the screen just goes blank when I go into the app. Not impressed.

Hmm never tried the app, I access via a desktop PC using Chrome or when I use my phone just through the browser (Which is a bit clunky on mobile but does work).

Edited by Ray Gin

10 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Hmm never tried the app, I access via a desktop PC using Chrome or when I use my phone just through the browser (Which is a bit clunky on mobile but does work).

It looks brutal on my phone and I don't have a PC. Hopefully the app will get up and running again or I'm out already.

48 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Yay, app is working again. First game next week, let's do this!

Good stuff

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

It says it's already full.

The league admin must have already set up the new season after a few new managers signed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder to anyone new that signed up that the season is now under way, remember to set up your team for your fixtures.

• 1 month later...

Hi, our season has just ended and there is another opening for new managers. If anyone is interested in joining, this is the league invite link: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=349490

(If you have any trouble with that link let me know and I'll get the league admin to double check that he's set it to allow more managers to join)

Would be good to get some new folk involved. There are currently 2 divisions of 8 teams.

Edited by Ray Gin

Captain Sausage
3 hours ago, Flimsy said:

Ray, I played in the leagues last season. Do I automatically get in for next season or do I have to reapply?

No need to reapply. You’ll be in with the same team who have hopefully improved after the end of season change report. 

ps Ray is a cheater. Suspiciously good. 

1 hour ago, houstonjambo said:

No need to reapply. You’ll be in with the same team who have hopefully improved after the end of season change report. 

ps Ray is a cheater. Suspiciously good. 

:lol:

Manager of the year 4 times in a row now

:verysmug:

Newbies, don't be too downbeat about starting with a shan squad, you can catch up pretty quickly. I won the league in just my 2nd season after starting as a newbie with a crap squad.

• 1 month later...

Can’t set my team up for today’s game thanks to that stupid “congratulations” pop up, appearing every time I log in ?

Anyone else having this issue?

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Can’t set my team up for today’s game thanks to that stupid “congratulations” pop up, appearing every time I log in ?

Anyone else having this issue?

Yep. Thankfully I already set my tactics. 

:smugger:

56 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Yep. Thankfully I already set my tactics. 

:smugger:

Managed to finally get it done. There were a lot of obscenities though.

• 3 weeks later...
Remnants of Standards

Just joined taking over Jaggy Thistle as one of my teams had become inactive. Having problems logging in sometimes though so hope to keep it up to date.

54 minutes ago, Politbordeaux said:

The jaggies currently have a goal difference of minus 61. The only way is up.

Think they were managerless all season after someone signed up and then instantly disappeared.

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

I log in for the 5 days on the trot and get the 5 coin bonus but no idea of how to spend them!

Gets you VIP. Basically to let you see other stats about opponents you wouldn’t normally see. 

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Gets you VIP. Basically to let you see other stats about opponents you wouldn’t normally see. 

Ah I see, thanks for that!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New season getting underway in a week or so.

We could really use some new managers to increase the amount of teams.

Anyone interested?

• 5 months later...
Remnants of Standards

Not been able to log in for around 5 days now so tactics gone for a burton. Anyone else having problems? Tried emailing and tweeting them; no response.

24 minutes ago, Politbordeaux said:

Not been able to log in for around 5 days now so tactics gone for a burton. Anyone else having problems? Tried emailing and tweeting them; no response.

I’ve not had any problems at all. You tried online and the app?