Frightened Rabbit (Hearts Pin)

Alan_R

From Facebook. Not mine, all credit to those involved.

"You may have heard of Bands F.C. recently. If you haven’t, let me give you a quick insight. They’re a team of graphic designers who recreate existing football teams crests by basing the new design on bands. Usually there’s some sort of link, whether there’s a lyric by a band that corresponds with an aesthetic in the teams logo, or whether it’s based on a pun ie. Wu-verhampton Wanderers etc. The logo is then presented on a backdrop that’s their tribute to classic Panini stickers. They post all their work on Twitter and Instagram. Check them out.

Anyway.

A few days ago I randomly decided to reach out to Bands F.C. on Twitter asking them if they took requests, and if so, would they consider creating a Frightened Rabbit design based on the Hearts logo as a tribute to Scott Hutchinson who was a Jambo. Well, not only did they create it, they’re now working alongside the existing members of Frabbit to have it turned into a limited edition enamel pin (and possibly other merchandise) with all proceeds going towards a charity chosen by the band that would have been close to Scott’s heart."

f rabbit.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Helzibob

• neilnunb

• Homme

Love it.

Massive fan of Scott and the band and would be delighted to contribute towards their chosen charity - I think we know it already but unfair to presume right now.

Still listening to them constantly at the minute.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Love it.

Massive fan of Scott and the band and would be delighted to contribute towards their chosen charity - I think we know it already but unfair to presume right now.

another you might like:

DhaY82cW4AAvoQn.jpg

...a bit disco
27 minutes ago, HughJarsole said:

100% would buy one, one of my favourite bands of all time! When are they available to buy? 

Keep an eye on Twitter.

:thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/_Bands_FC

Edited by ...a bit disco

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

From Facebook. Not mine, all credit to those involved.

"You may have heard of Bands F.C. recently. If you haven’t, let me give you a quick insight. They’re a team of graphic designers who recreate existing football teams crests by basing the new design on bands. Usually there’s some sort of link, whether there’s a lyric by a band that corresponds with an aesthetic in the teams logo, or whether it’s based on a pun ie. Wu-verhampton Wanderers etc. The logo is then presented on a backdrop that’s their tribute to classic Panini stickers. They post all their work on Twitter and Instagram. Check them out.

Anyway.

A few days ago I randomly decided to reach out to Bands F.C. on Twitter asking them if they took requests, and if so, would they consider creating a Frightened Rabbit design based on the Hearts logo as a tribute to Scott Hutchinson who was a Jambo. Well, not only did they create it, they’re now working alongside the existing members of Frabbit to have it turned into a limited edition enamel pin (and possibly other merchandise) with all proceeds going towards a charity chosen by the band that would have been close to Scott’s heart."

f rabbit.jpg

Was my mate Tommy who contacted them. Cool idea and it looks pretty smart tbh

The Apprentice
55 minutes ago, Homme said:

Love it.

I must admit I hadn’t heard any of their stuff until after the tragic news but have got right into them since. Some really powerful lyrics too. 

1 hour ago, RS86 said:

Was my mate Tommy who contacted them. Cool idea and it looks pretty smart tbh

more than smart,  love the design,  would think I would be one of many buyers for such a great cause

Never got into Frightened Rabbit. Not my cup of tea in the slightest although love the Jambos connection. Would love to see a Beatles and Hearts one - my true loves.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Never got into Frightened Rabbit. Not my cup of tea in the slightest although love the Jambos connection. Would love to see a Beatles and Hearts one - my true loves.

You love the Beatles?  surprising but Never heard of the Stones?

6 minutes ago, geomac said:

You love the Beatles?  surprising but Never heard of the Stones?

I'm hugely into the Stones. You can like both.

true not mutually exclusive,  not so important as I'm a fan of Scott and the band and would be delighted to contribute towards their chosen charity

...a bit disco
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You do realise why this is happening, yeah?

Selkirk_Jambo

Scott was a big Hearts man growing up, went up to a load of games back in the day. 

The design is stunning. 

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

You do realise why this is happening, yeah?

I can read. Which is why I also read about the nature of 'Bands FC' and think it is pretty cool. We have had a full thread paying respects to the gentleman from the band, this thread is not that thread. No moral high ground please eh, there is no disrespect in my posts!

This could possibly be the frightened rabbits new emblem? If they are continueing as a band of couse

3 minutes ago, droid said:

This could possibly be the frightened rabbits new emblem? If they are continueing as a band of couse

Thing about going down that route is you start to alienate potential listeners. I can't even look at the Proclaimers let alone listen to them. Imagine if their logo was something to do with the vermin

:boak:

Edited by i8hibsh

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Thing about going down that route is you start to alienate potential listeners. I can't even look at the Proclaimers let alone listen to them. Imagine if their logo was something to do with the vermin

:boak:

Feel you ??

Not on twitter , but I'd definitely purchase one , as I'm sure that someone will post on here if this becomes a goer. This is a good idea to raise cash for a charity of the bands choosing.

Speaking of fundraising, it would be good to see a release of Scott's version of the Hearts song. Perhaps with proceeds going to the same charities as the badges. 

If you’re on Twitter it’s worth checking their page out. Got some really decent designs. Here’s another Hearts themed one, although not quite as cool as some of the others there...

FF7BC2EF-95E6-4323-A43D-DCAE48D13E41.jpeg

heisenberg86
13 hours ago, Homme said:

Love it.

He was an incredible musician and song writer, TMOF is probably the greatest Scottish album ever and I have it on constantly also, such a huge loss ☹️

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 minute ago, heisenberg86 said:

He was an incredible musician and song writer, TMOF is probably the greatest Scottish album ever and I have it on constantly also, such a huge loss ☹️

Agree with every word.

Tragic loss.

3 hours ago, Manny1874 said:

Speaking of fundraising, it would be good to see a release of Scott's version of the Hearts song. Perhaps with proceeds going to the same charities as the badges. 

Yeah, I think it was suggested to go on Spotify a while back but I don't think it materialised.  Cracking version. 

• 5 weeks later...
...a bit disco

Retweet to win. We have one to give away, the other 999 will be on sale soon. Frightened Rabbit Hearts enamel badges in memory of Scott Hutchison. Details on how to order one with you soon. All proceeds from sales to a charity of the band’s choice.

Dku5eVHXoAITUhV.jpg

Fly the Saltire

Scott's version of Hearts song was played as tribute in build up to Celtic game on Saturday.

I think it should released with proceeds going to suicide charity of Hutchison family's' choice. 

HamishMcGonagall
9 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Retweet to win. We have one to give away, the other 999 will be on sale soon. Frightened Rabbit Hearts enamel badges in memory of Scott Hutchison. Details on how to order one with you soon. All proceeds from sales to a charity of the band’s choice.

Dku5eVHXoAITUhV.jpg

Was that just today?? Bit of a coincidence if it is!  

Don't have twitter so will have to mind to make a point of keeping checking them.

Thanks for the reply so I now know!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Scott's version of Hearts song was played as tribute in build up to Celtic game on Saturday.

I think it should released with proceeds going to suicide charity of Hutchison family's' choice. 

Wee lump in the throat hearing it

HamishMcGonagall
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wee lump in the throat hearing it

I couldn't make the game (had to take the kids to my niece's birthday party....) and didn't know about this until after the game(them playing Scott's version, not you having lump in you're throat...).  Heard that Grant was at the game too.  Makes the win that little bit more special knowing that.

...a bit disco
16 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Was that just today?? Bit of a coincidence if it is!  

Don't have twitter so will have to mind to make a point of keeping checking them.

Thanks for the reply so I now know!

Yep.

A wee while ago!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

I couldn't make the game (had to take the kids to my niece's birthday party....) and didn't know about this until after the game(them playing Scott's version, not you having lump in you're throat...).  Heard that Grant was at the game too.  Makes the win that little bit more special knowing that.

Yeah. Was a good tribute 

On 16/07/2018 at 20:49, Agentjambo said:

Looks great.i would buy one without question,would be great if all procceeds went to charity.

Graphic designers deserve to earn a living.

Punks No Deid
54 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Posted this is the Shed the other day 

Hope I can get one of the badges ?

Top tribute to a top guy from a top club, had a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat when it was played

RIP Scott

• 3 weeks later...
...a bit disco

All @frabbits enamel badges sold out in super quick time. The site was overwhelmed and crashed. Sorry to any who missed out. We have raised so much money for Scott. We get that many people will be frustrated. The band’s store was geared up for huge traffic but demand was massive

26 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

All @frabbits enamel badges sold out in super quick time. The site was overwhelmed and crashed. Sorry to any who missed out. We have raised so much money for Scott. We get that many people will be frustrated. The band’s store was geared up for huge traffic but demand was massive

I tried, nae luck though, site kept crashing. Hopefully they’ll do some more. 

...a bit disco
23 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

I tried, nae luck though, site kept crashing. Hopefully they’ll do some more. 

Word is, they'll do another batch. Just not numbered this time.

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Word is, they'll do another batch. Just not numbered this time.

That’ll do me. Don’t care if it’s numbered or not.