Open Championship

Notts1874

Guess The Crowd
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

67 +2 or better.

Yes, mis-type by me, but I agree with your analysis above.

The diifculty of the last three, relative to par, has to be factored in too

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• Maroon Sailor

• Samuel Camazzola

• Cruyff Turn

1 minute ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Yes, mis-type by me, but I agree with your analysis above.

The diifculty of the last three, relative to par, has to be factored in too

Looking better all the time.     The boy has stormed in.  Sort of.

Guess The Crowd
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Looking better all the time.     The boy has stormed in.  Sort of.

'Locke's a great player' is not a phrase used here very often! 

I have 8 players.   7 of them under par in the top18.  4 in the top10.     Most were done in-play yesterday so no claims of glory.    The worst golf bet punter ever might win a bet.

Edited by Victorian

Guess The Crowd
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I have 8 players.   7 of them under par in the top18.  4 in the top10.     Most were done in-play yesterday do no claims of glory.    The worst golf bet punter ever might win a bet.

Rahm / Justin Thomas the other one?! 

1 minute ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Rahm / Justin Thomas the other one?! 

No my worst is Na at +1.      My other best Asian / best prev winner bets and group bets are nonsense.    

A mention for 60 year old Bernhard Langer at +2.     

You're old.     ( only joking ).

Class.

This BBC coverage.    Oh dear.     Peter Allis rambling and laughing for no reason.    Ken Brown's been on the LSD.

27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This BBC coverage.    Oh dear.     Peter Allis rambling and laughing for no reason.    Ken Brown's been on the LSD.

Ken on the course is superb. Peter Allis is a clown. I reckon the bosses are waiting for him to retire and will be delighted when he does.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Ken on the course is superb. Peter Allis is a clown. I reckon the bosses are waiting for him to retire and will be delighted when he does.

Mumbling Maureen anaw.     Ticks a box I suppose.

::troll::

lauriesrank
6 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Justin Rose getting ratty again, this time a spectator taking a photo while he's swinging. WTF is wrong with people that they need to have the shutter sound on their phone? Idiots.

(I realise that this is probably better suited to the 'things that annoy you' thread; very little to do with golf!)

Phones now have shutter sound as standard cause of a stupid law so people know you are taking a photo.  There are workarounds though.

lauriesrank
4 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Fear not he’ll win. And I’ll be phoning in sick for a week or two to celebrate my 770/1 odds ?

I've backed him in the last 2 majors.. didn't this time of course! lol, got lombard though.. so a wee interest (10 bob ew)

6 minutes ago, lauriesrank said:

Phones now have shutter sound as standard cause of a stupid law so people know you are taking a photo.  There are workarounds though.

My phone is brand new and I have the system noises turned off - there is no shutter sound. I think this law might be a myth.

lauriesrank
22 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

My phone is brand new and I have the system noises turned off - there is no shutter sound. I think this law might be a myth.

If you turn the sounds off then yes, of course they are off.

7 minutes ago, lauriesrank said:

If you turn the sounds off then yes, of course they are off.

So what would the point in the supposed law be?!

1 hour ago, lauriesrank said:

Nonsense!

What criteria must you have to get your puss on Sky's coverage? Bello, Scott, Casey, Westwood, Oosthuizen, Day, Noren, Koepka, all popular players with little or no air time. Sky as usual, hanging of all the usual suspects bell ends. Shaun Norris will be cussing his pairing with level par TW.

Out of the 77 players not to make the cut, only 2 had a sub par round yesterday, normally with the cut out of reach, some players relax with no pressure and produce a decent round, Carnoustie had other ideas. Wind speed and direction could've been a bit more interesting for the final round, 16mph breeze, west south westerly...pah!...a mere zephyr!

The youngster Brandon Stone is enjoying his golf and a purple patch, I hope we see some coverage today and tomorrow.

Maroon Sailor

SKY's or more to the point Livingstone's infatuation with Tiger seems to be still in full swing.

Livingstone can't wait to mention him at every opportunity and has always been like that. Tigercam continues. He hasn't won a major for over 10 years but we see his every shot no matter were he is in the field.

36 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

What criteria must you have to get your puss on Sky's coverage? Bello, Scott, Casey, Westwood, Oosthuizen, Day, Noren, Koepka, all popular players with little or no air time. Sky as usual, hanging of all the usual suspects bell ends. Shaun Norris will be cussing his pairing with level par TW.

Out of the 77 players not to make the cut, only 2 had a sub par round yesterday, normally with the cut out of reach, some players relax with no pressure and produce a decent round, Carnoustie had other ideas. Wind speed and direction could've been a bit more interesting for the final round, 16mph breeze, west south westerly...pah!...a mere zephyr!

The youngster Brandon Stone is enjoying his golf and a purple patch, I hope we see some coverage today and tomorrow.

Don't know Sky's policy but the BBC used to regularly state it's position regarding Open coverage.      It was said to along the lines of them picking a certain number of 'feature' groups and devoting the majority of air time to those groups.     For many years there was a generous amount of time dedicated to showing the shots of non-contending English players throughout the four days.     Even more contradictory to the BBC's insistence was that players playing in some of their feature groups were routinely missed from the coverage.    Let's just say... not English players.

I can distinctly remember Opens when Colin Montgomery,    Europe's top player for many years,   was barely seen on the screen,  despite occupying a similar position on the leaderboard as a Luke Donald,  Lee Westwood, David Howell, etc.     Paul Lawrie won in 1999 but was given sparse coverage thereafter,  despite being a recent Open winner.

There was absolutely no demonstrable logic to the BBC's coverage.     They were regularly challenged by Scottish licence fee payers to justify themselves but never provided a satisfactory explanation of why someone like Paul Casey at +3 was being followed around the course.      The reason was bloody obvious of course.

The BBC tried their damnedest to British-ify the Open.     English-ify even.     The Open has no 'nationality' in effect.    It is the Open tournament of the R&A.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

SKY's or more to the point Livingstone's infatuation with Tiger seems to be still in full swing.

Livingstone can't wait to mention him at every opportunity and has always been like that. Tigercam continues. He hasn't won a major for over 10 years but we see his every shot no matter were he is in the field.

He could be completely out of contention tomorrow and he will still have a huge crowd following him around the course. Sky are merely giving their audience what they want. Woods is still a huge pull for golf. I'd much rather see the contenders too, but I can see why they do what they do. Should be better as he will be finished reasonably early into the late starters' rounds.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Livingstone is a complete fud, always having sly digs at tiger. We get you don’t like him livingstone but let it go ffs . 

I gave up watching live golf because of the infatuation with Tiger. You missed all the real action as they were showing him on the practise area or walking between holes. By all means show him hitting shots but the rest was a total joke.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

He could be completely out of contention tomorrow and he will still have a huge crowd following him around the course. Sky are merely giving their audience what they want. Woods is still a huge pull for golf. I'd much rather see the contenders too, but I can see why they do what they do. Should be better as he will be finished reasonably early into the late starters' rounds.

SKY are not giving their audience what they want as not everyone wants to watch Tiger all the time. He dominates their live coverage and by live I mean live - not like the rest of the field who will only feature on a recorded clip if they have hit a good or a bad shot.

Put Tiger on the red button and let the real time coverage follow the leading players.

Samuel Camazzola

Having the long ball in your game can be an advantage but it's not the most important thing. Short game and ball striking trump it everytime. Zach Johnson is 241 yard average from the tee. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Justin Rose out in 34 today, a lot of work still to be done though.

He's listening to you, HP. It'll be good to see him in the mix tomorrow. 

I P Knightley

Does woods deserve anything from this? He ought to have hit the course with both barrels blazing. With nothing to lose, he should be busting a gut of the tee and taking risks. 

Harry Potter
53 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He's listening to you, HP. It'll be good to see him in the mix tomorrow. 

Great round of 64, hes so modest as well, feet firmly on the ground.

Cruyff Turn

Justin Rose did what he needed to do today, don't think anyone else will shoot a 64 but I'd imagine Mcllroy, Kisner, Johnson, Fleetwood, Perez etc.. to shoot 66-68. 

Tiger Woods has played some lovely stuff but hasn't taken the risks. He needs a 66 today minimum, still great to see him competing again.

Anyone who shoots a 70 or a par round today probably has little chance of getting close tomorrow when the wind starts a blowing. Tomorrow a 71 might be a great round, definitely moving day today. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Wood -5 after 7. 

Schoolboy error from Wood on par 5 14th. Found rough and nearly o/b with tee shot. Went chasing the Eagle and found greenside trap. Took two to get out and bogey it was. 

Bogey on 17 and now looks to be scrambling on 18.

Samuel Camazzola
14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Justin Rose did what he needed to do today, don't think anyone else will shoot a 64 but I'd imagine Mcllroy, Kisner, Johnson, Fleetwood, Perez etc.. to shoot 66-68. 

Tiger Woods has played some lovely stuff but hasn't taken the risks. He needs a 66 today minimum, still great to see him competing again.

Anyone who shoots a 70 or a par round today probably has little chance of getting close tomorrow when the wind starts a blowing. Tomorrow a 71 might be a great round, definitely moving day today. 

If these conditions and lack of wind remain, I could see another couple today. 

Maroon Sailor

Par putt on 15 and birdie on the last to make the cut for Rose. 

Just had a feeling he would go low today and he has put himself in with a chance, especially with the wind getting up tomorrow.

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

If these conditions and lack of wind remain, I could see another couple today. 

Course records? Possibly, it's obviously do-able, it would be quite incredible for two players to do it in the same day though. 

If it's anyone, I'd go Tommy Fleetwood, I think it was originally his record and he knows the course like the back of his hand.

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

SKY are not giving their audience what they want as not everyone wants to watch Tiger all the time. He dominates their live coverage and by live I mean live - not like the rest of the field who will only feature on a recorded clip if they have hit a good or a bad shot.

Put Tiger on the red button and let the real time coverage follow the leading players.

Fantastic idea.

Put the rest on the red button and leave the coverage to focus on tiger would be my preference ?. 

The greatest ever. 

Rose shows the way with a low score....the others are sure to follow...Tiger is in it...Jordan drives the 1st for eagle..gonna be close today I hope...