• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• Maroon Sailor

• Samuel Camazzola

• Cruyff Turn

Samuel Camazzola
38 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I was at a wedding last night. Played Queens at Gleneagles this morning. The 1st 7 holes are best forgotten. 8, 5, 10, 7, 5, 8, 10!

A couple of 5s to retain the interest though. ?

6 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A couple of 5s to retain the interest though. ?

They're both par 3s! The 2nd of them I 4 putted.

Samuel Camazzola
14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Got your money's worth of a premium course then. 

Had a wee fiver saver on Franco at 10/1. Fantastic round from him and couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. 

8 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I'd be putting with my driver by then. 

Edited by ri Alban

John Findlay

I deliberately kept away from all this. So I could watch the highlights on BBC without knowing the result. I don't have sky sports and avoided sky sports news.

Turned out a great watch. Well done Francesco Molinari. Thoroughly deserved win.

hmfc_liam06

Missed most of the action over the weekend but said it would take -9 to win it, happy enough with that prediction. 

As for the whole Tiger on TV stuff. He's the biggest draw, of course he's going to be on TV! The same reason Celtic, Man United, Barcelona etc are always on the tele.

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I deliberately kept away from all this. So I could watch the highlights on BBC without knowing the result. I don't have sky sports and avoided sky sports news.

Turned out a great watch. Well done Francesco Molinari. Thoroughly deserved win.

How was their coverage? Did you have to turn the sound off when Maureen started gibbering away? 

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

How was their coverage? Did you have to turn the sound off when Maureen started gibbering away? 

Coverage was fine. No. I don't mind Maureen. She is neither brilliant or rubbish in my book, just an average commentator to me.

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I watched the BBC highlights until the last day when I succumbed to a Sky Sports day pass. The BBC coverage was excellent. The Sky "live" (in fact usually recorded s few minutes ago) was so-so, saved by a great final day's drama.

Well done Molinari to triumph in a leader board dominate by Americans. Seems a genuinely decent sort too. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I watched the BBC highlights until the last day when I succumbed to a Sky Sports day pass. The BBC coverage was excellent. The Sky "live" (in fact usually recorded s few minutes ago) was so-so, saved by a great final day's drama.

Well done Molinari to triumph in a leader board dominate by Americans. Seems a genuinely decent sort too. 

All golf coverage is recorded on a few minutes delay so the action can be edited to show key events. 

The Sky coverage was superb. Only four ads an hour with each not lasting more than a minute. 

• 2 months later...
Samuel Camazzola
On 21/07/2018 at 18:03, Sooperstar said:

For the avoidance of doubt: Tiger Woods will never win another major.

Out of interest, do you still feel the same two months down the line? 

43 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Yes.

Your reasoning?

He seems fit, motivated and no longer bogged down with personal issues.  He has risen to 13th in the world ranking, finished 2nd and 6th in the PGA Championships and the Open and recently just won one of the biggest PGA tour events. 

He isn't the tiger of old but i wouldn't write him off. He is still working his way into form...he isn't even half way towards his former self and is already knocking at the door. 

If he stays fit he will win another major. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Your reasoning?

He seems fit, motivated and no longer bogged down with personal issues.  He has risen to 13th in the world ranking, finished 2nd and 6th in the PGA Championships and the Open and recently just won one of the biggest PGA tour events. 

He isn't the tiger of old but i wouldn't write him off. He is still working his way into form...he isn't even half way towards his former self and is already knocking at the door. 

If he stays fit he will win another major. 

All very valid points. I'm sure he will challenge if he can keep himself fit, but challenging and winning are different things. There are a lot of players out there who are capable of mixing it with him now. He's clearly still a great player, but he's not on the same level he was.

Time will tell, but I'm happy to stick with my original prediction.

Samuel Camazzola

Only 18 tour events this year and came one stroke (from Justin Rose) away from winning the Fed Ex. 

It was only 18 months ago he could barely walk and struggled to get out of bed. Fast forward and he's threatened to win to win two majors on his return season. 

Of course the level of competition has now been raised but it's down to Tiger that the bar has been heightened. 

If his level of fitness maintains, I fancy the great man to bag a couple of majors next season and put Jack's record at serious risk of being broken very very soon. 

I wonder how a challenger would cope with the pressure of coming down the stretch with galleries like Sunday's following closely behind. It's what Tiger thrives on. 

This is a good watch 

38 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Only 18 tour events this year and came one stroke (from Justin Rose) away from winning the Fed Ex. 

It was only 18 months ago he could barely walk and struggled to get out of bed. Fast forward and he's threatened to win to win two majors on his return season. 

Of course the level of competition has now been raised but it's down to Tiger that the bar has been heightened. 

If his level of fitness maintains, I fancy the great man to bag a couple of majors next season and put Jack's record at serious risk of being broken very very soon. 

I wonder how a challenger would cope with the pressure of coming down the stretch with galleries like Sunday's following closely behind. It's what Tiger thrives on. 

This is a good watch 

Thats a great watch. Smug face. 

jack D and coke

I was one who reckoned he wouldn’t win another major. He really looked done...but fair play to him and he’s going to be knocking on the door next year that’s for certain. 

• 6 months later...
Samuel Camazzola
On 21/07/2018 at 18:03, Sooperstar said:

For the avoidance of doubt: Tiger Woods will never win another major.

Ahem... :levein_interesting:

Maroon Sailor
34 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I see the open is being played abroad this year. Pathetic!

You sure are !

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I see the open is being played abroad this year. Pathetic!

Tickets sold out. Adjustments being made to fit more in. Amazing.