Boba Fett

Went to see this on Saturday night, was a very emotional experience. The production, the use of the stadium and the acting were fantastic.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boba Fett

• I P Knightley

• davemclaren

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

On 16/08/2018 at 21:57, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Has anyone recorded it?

or access to a video or even a sound recording of it?

as I know some people who would like to see or hear it but they live abroad 

There is no recording allowed, photos are at certain times but no filming

I had the pleasure of seeing this last Thursday, it is excellent, if you can manage then go and see it, you won't be disappointed.

I P Knightley

War2hoff.thumb.jpg.0e5804cd85da382acbb0e38649f5ce57.jpg

McCrae.thumb.jpg.5a20956b0244a1b70f1d655d1d886492.jpg

Lad in the middle needs to tuck his shirt in - standards to be upheld and all that!!! ;)

@Boba Fett - hope it's OK to share these.

Edited by I P Knightley

Maroon Sailor
23 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Lad in the middle needs to tuck his shirt in - standards to be upheld and all that!!! ;)

And you told me to quit with the spoilers !

I P Knightley
9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

And you told me to quit with the spoilers !

:lol:

I promise I won't give away the ending...

Coo-eee! Made you look!!

9 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Absolutely fine mate! Good pics ??

Jambo 4 Ever
12 hours ago, Stuart G said:

There is no recording allowed, photos are at certain times but no filming

Ah that’s a shame

could someone not record it on their phone or atleast record the voices etc?

30 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Ah that’s a shame

could someone not record it on their phone or atleast record the voices etc?

Well, no. It’s called intellectual property. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Well, no. It’s called intellectual property. 

I understand about the filming thing not allowed but if I were to ask the guys there if I could record the sounds on my phone, would they maybe be ok with this?

14 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I understand about the filming thing not allowed but if I were to ask the guys there if I could record the sounds on my phone, would they maybe be ok with this?

Same thing. The script is the intellectual property of the writers 

It's not a stage show, moving about the stadium as it does, filming it would be difficult to capture the whole experience of a quite wonderful production.

GlynnSnodin4-2

It's notoriously difficult to capture a theatrical performance on camera.  However, it is something we will look into and if the show runs again next year, we'll try to do it then.

Got tickets to see this on Friday night, glad it's been extended as we have been in Benalmadena for 23 nights. Home tonight so gives me something to look forward to.

My partners lecturer at College is the director and we both can't wait. 

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I can understand the frustration of not being able to attend but I really don't get (in general) the thing with recording stage shows or other live performances - whether it's theatre or music concert. By making a recording when it's running, you're missing out on some of the flavour of the performance and when watching it back, there's a huge amount you miss.

I can't imagine that any recording, audio or AV, of this fine performance would do it justice. Afraid it's one where you really have to be there. The story's familiar - and can be read up on - but the performance is very special.

Was there tonight, so glad I got to see it. What a fantastic show, the actors were all brilliant. Very moving too. 

Went to this last night and can confirm it was amazing. 

They were talking about it possibly re-showing next year if so get yourself along you, will not be dissapointed.

Stephane Grappelli

Saw it last week and it was brilliant.  Poignant, moving, thought provoking, heart breaking... just wonderful.

Edited by Stephane Grappelli

Well folks, we did our last day of performances today. It’s going to be weird not going into tynecastle every day! 

I just wanted to say a big thank you to you all for supporting the play and the club and for all the kind words. 

We will be back!

cheers

Boba 

Really h

9 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Well folks, we did our last day of performances today. It’s going to be weird not going into tynecastle every day! 

I just wanted to say a big thank you to you all for supporting the play and the club and for all the kind words. 

We will be back!

cheers

Boba 

Really hope this can be released in some dvd format Boba, would love to see this.

2 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

We will be back!

cheers

Boba 

Well done to all involved. Thoroughly enjoyed the show and was so pleased to see you got so many sold out performances. Big congrats to you all. 

5 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

We will be back!

cheers

Boba 

Well done for a brilliant show one of the best IMO pity it has to end.

Maroon Sailor
5 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Really hope this can be released in some dvd format Boba, would love to see this.

It would have to be made into a film imo

Can't beat live theatre as opposed to watching a recording of a stage show

Thunderstruck
11 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

We will be back!

cheers

Boba 

I was at one of the performances yesterday. Congratulations to all involved for bringing this bit of history to life in a truly moving and memorable experience. 

It was a touch of genius to have it played out throughout Tynecastle. It might not be as it was 100 years ago but, for me, the echoing emptiness of the stadium added to the poignancy. 

Thanks again for all the nice comments guys! With any luck, I’ll be posting in here shortly with more info about upcoming performances... and if you see us around Tynecastle on match day, say hello!

HHGH

Boba 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello beautiful kickbackers!

Bumping this thread, as there will be an exciting announcement about ‘A War of Two Halves’ tomorrow (well, today)... watch this space... ?

Cheers

Boba 

I'd heard whispers the show was going to come back in November for a limited time. I'd urge people who have not seen it, get in early, to get a ticket, as I'm pretty sure demand will be even greater this time around,  and it sold out during the festival. Well written, well produced, well directed, well performed (better than just actors), show all round.

I'd like a couple of tickets to see it again, but honestly believe, priority should be given to those, who did not see it, first time around. 

Hearts contribution, was not about the glorification of war, it is about the sadness, loss and stupidity of that war in particular.

Jack Alexander, should have a special mention, his book MrCraes Battalion, is probably one of the best researched and written books, of ordinary working class people of that time. That's what footballers mostly were, yer mates, who could play a bit, but still needed a steady job at times.

Yes, we are back!

We are performing shows from 2nd-11th November! Tickets available from the Hearts eTicket site, link below ??

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/events

We are truly humbled to be back performing this amazing story and couldn’t be happier to be back at Tynecastle! 

Myself and director @GlynnSnodin4-2 are going to the game tonight too, if you see us in the Eighteen 74 the night, do say hello!

HHGH

Boba 

14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Just got tickets to see this on Remembrance day with the other half (Hibs ST holder).

Can't wait.

Nice one hughesie!

• 3 weeks later...
luckyBatistuta

Just bought tickets for this for my fathers birthday. My mother can walk with a stick, but she also has one of these little mobility scooters, as she can’t walk far, or stand long.  Does anybody know if she would be better with the scooter, or will she have to walk round. I’ve know idea how much walking is involved in this. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just bought tickets for this for my fathers birthday. My mother can walk with a stick, but she also has one of these little mobility scooters, as she can’t walk far, or stand long.  Does anybody know if she would be better with the scooter, or will she have to walk round. I’ve know idea how much walking is involved in this. 

Boba might be better placed to tell you but the walk takes you in the main entrance to the main stand, up the stairs to the director's box area (sure there's a lift there). From there, you go round the walkway/concourse to the Wheatfield side, down stairs to the dressing room. From there, through the tunnel to pitchside and then steps all the way back up to the concourse. Along to the end; down more steps and end up in the remembrance garden. I don't know where there's lifts around the ground but I'd guess a mix of scooter round the concourse and stick for the steps might help. You could give her a backy up the steps, surely?

There's seating/sitting in all parts except one bit on the Wheatfield concourse - where the scooter would come in handy and not be in the way.

Don't know that I could do it on Remembrance Day; I'd be a mess.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Boba might be better placed to tell you but the walk takes you in the main entrance to the main stand, up the stairs to the director's box area (sure there's a lift there). From there, you go round the walkway/concourse to the Wheatfield side, down stairs to the dressing room. From there, through the tunnel to pitchside and then steps all the way back up to the concourse. Along to the end; down more steps and end up in the remembrance garden. I don't know where there's lifts around the ground but I'd guess a mix of scooter round the concourse and stick for the steps might help. You could give her a backy up the steps, surely?

There's seating/sitting in all parts except one bit on the Wheatfield concourse - where the scooter would come in handy and not be in the way.

Don't know that I could do it on Remembrance Day; I'd be a mess.

Thanks mate, that’s a help, not sure about the backy though, not getting any younger myself. We’re all really looking forward to it, although I’m a bit of a bubbler.

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

My friend went with his dad who is in a wheelchair. He just contacted them in advance and I think they took a little extra time between scenes to allow him to get about.

luckyBatistuta
21 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

My friend went with his dad who is in a wheelchair. He just contacted them in advance and I think they took a little extra time between scenes to allow him to get about.

Thanks bud, I’ll give them a phone :thumb:

LodgeHearts832

A number of our members saw it during the Festival run. Absolutely superbly put together and acted in such an appropriate manner. 

A number of our members are referenced throughout, most notably Bobby Walker, which made it particularly poignant for us.

GlynnSnodin4-2
On 16/10/2018 at 21:21, luckyBatistuta said:

Thanks bud, I’ll give them a phone :thumb:

Hi - if you let us know which show you've booked for, we'll make sure we look after you.  

There is one part of the show where we struggle to get you under cover, so advise a Brolly just in case! 

Email: [email protected]

luckyBatistuta
16 hours ago, GlynnSnodin4-2 said:

Hi - if you let us know which show you've booked for, we'll make sure we look after you.  

There is one part of the show where we struggle to get you under cover, so advise a Brolly just in case! 

Email: thisismystoryproductions@gmail.com

Thanks for helping out, appreciate it.

luckyBatistuta
16 hours ago, GlynnSnodin4-2 said:

Email: [email protected]

I’ve tried emailing you, but it’s coming back saying that this email is invalid.

More tickets have been released for the play, which kicks off on Friday! Also, we are extremely proud to have been asked to be involved in the remembrance service at Tynecastle on 11th November. Hope to see some of you there! 

Cheers

Boba