Boba Fett

1 hour ago, micole said:

You will not be disappointed, I think the play would make a great movie/TV show if you will it is outstanding!!.

Looking forward to it. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boba Fett

• I P Knightley

• davemclaren

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Just back from this, absoutely brilliant with a mini tour of the stadium too, some funny bits in there but very emotional, would urge folk to get along to this, has peaked my interest in finding out more about Jimmy Speedie, who i share the same second name but cant seem to find any links, when i looked at the picture of him after the show i'm convinced he has that speedie nose! anyway, great show and well done to all involved.

Edited by gordiegords

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank you all for your support and kind words about our production. It really has exceeded all our expectations and the response from audiences has totally blown our minds and humbled us. I’m so happy that folk think we are doing the story, the boys and the club justice. 

If you do come along, hang in the supporters bar afterwards.. we are always kicking about!

HHGH 

Boba 

I P Knightley
20 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank you all for your support and kind words about our production. It really has exceeded all our expectations and the response from audiences has totally blown our minds and humbled us. I’m so happy that folk think we are doing the story, the boys and the club justice. 

If you do come along, hang in the supporters bar afterwards.. we are always kicking about!

HHGH 

Boba 

I didn't want to go round asking the actors, "are you Boba Fett?" after the play but I hope I congratulated you in person.  

Good luck with the rest of the run - it deserves a lot of success. 

6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I didn't want to go round asking the actors, "are you Boba Fett?" after the play but I hope I congratulated you in person.  

Good luck with the rest of the run - it deserves a lot of success. 

? You should have! I hope I got to meet you when you were in... and thanks again for the kind words!

11 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Hi everyone,

HHGH 

Boba 

Is the bar open before and/or after every show?

Maroon Sailor
41 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is the bar open before and/or after every show?

It is

You can have a pint watching the first part of the show 

I P Knightley
13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It is

You can have a pint watching the first part of the show 

They'll give you a disposable cup to take your drink round with you. None of the acts is set in the lavvy, though, so you have to manage your time well. Luckily, we had a couple of really slow walkers in our audience so I managed a quick march through the bogs between scenes and missed nothing.

40 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

They'll give you a disposable cup to take your drink round with you. None of the acts is set in the lavvy, though, so you have to manage your time well. Luckily, we had a couple of really slow walkers in our audience so I managed a quick march through the bogs between scenes and missed nothing.

Thanks for the tip. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I thought you only peed at night?:D.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
16 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Hi everyone,

HHGH 

Boba 

I had a pint in the bar afterwards. The next show's audience then started to gather. I was tempted to grab a hat from the shop and try sneak onto the next group and see it again :lol: 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I tried to do the same and go for a sneaky in the toilet when up the front of the group and as others were straggling but the toilets in the wheatfield were locked :sad: 

Seymour M Hersh

Spoke with someone today who was there on Sunday. He said it was outstanding. Sarted off in the new bar then went up to one of the stands where the narrator took them through the first game of the 1914 season a win against the league champions (celtic). The chap did a bit of going mental (c'mon the Hearts type stuff) then there was some radio commentary (I guess mimicking how it might have sounded) and after it the narrator chap said a 1-0 win in the first home game of the season against the champions. Seems like only yesterday!! :laugh::clyay:

Saw this last Thursday.

Excellent show.  Highly recommended.

Good to see some non hearts fans there as well, as it deserves to be seen  by everybody.

On 14/08/2018 at 16:45, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

I had a pint in the bar afterwards. The next show's audience then started to gather. I was tempted to grab a hat from the shop and try sneak onto the next group and see it again :lol: 

Gasp! 

Probably would have worked tbh ?

John Findlay
5 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

60 max per show ??

Many thanks.

5 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Also... there will be extra shows added due to popular demand! Watch this space for an update ?

That's excellent news. Well done to you all.

Maroon Sailor
8 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Also... there will be extra shows added due to popular demand! Watch this space for an update ?

I'm not surprised by that. Haven't read anything but good reviews about the show and the performances.

It's a unique show using different parts of the stadium. Makes it a more enjoyable experience rather than having 60 people sitting crammed in to a small venue that is roasting.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
9 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Gasp! 

Probably would have worked tbh ?

I flew back to Jersey on Tues, was glad I got to see it (and Saturday's game!) whilst up. would have come to see it again if I was still in Edin.

12 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Great news

Well done to you all

My half sister

I would love to see this tonight as it's my 60th today and my son's are up.however it's sold out for the 6.30 and 8pm shows. Anyone have 4 spares? I would pay full price and through in drinks

Edited by My half sister
Typo

Jambo 4 Ever

Has anyone recorded it?

or access to a video or even a sound recording of it?

as I know some people who would like to see or hear it but they live abroad 

Shanks said no

Hearts should hire the girl to play before games, maybe standing on the balcony above the plaza or just walking round the concourse, she was superb

I P Knightley
30 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Hearts should hire the girl to play before games, maybe standing on the balcony above the plaza or just walking round the concourse, she was superb

Worked well in an empty stadium, all eerie and everything. 

Can't imagine the same effect with 20,000 turning up, many whom are half cut. 

Went to see if there was any availability for Sunday but despite it showing as available on the date the times displayed have no availability. 

Went to see it on Wednesday, thought it was very good it left the other half in tears. I have a question for Boba any chance of a soundtrack recording of the music being available.

Extra shows  Wed 23, Fri 25, Sun 26 and Mon 27. Tickets on Fringe website.

If you haven't been to see it, you really must take this opportunity.

Best tribute I can pay, is you forget these people are actors, they have so much passion for their roles

Great see this has been such a very deserved success, in such a competative market as The Edinburgh Festival.

On 18/08/2018 at 08:56, Romfordjt said:

Went to see it on Wednesday, thought it was very good it left the other half in tears. I have a question for Boba any chance of a soundtrack recording of the music being available.

No plans as yet, but it’s certainly something we will discuss when the run ends... along with what happens next with the play! It’s become a maroon monster!

John Findlay
On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 14:17, Boba Fett said:

No plans as yet, but it’s certainly something we will discuss when the run ends... along with what happens next with the play! It’s become a maroon monster!

Get it in the West End.  London that is.

I P Knightley
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Get it in the West End.  London that is.

Transporting the 'set' might prove difficult :D

On 19/08/2018 at 14:17, Boba Fett said:

You have!! to do something this historic play cannot be allowed to just fade away after the festival. I know that Tynecastle played a big part in the atmosphere of the story however even a small tour of local theatre's  could be an option IMO.

46 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Uche at it today according to his Instagram, good to see the players getting involved 

The whole first team and reserves are there today.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

£20 a ticket ?

lucky to get much change out of £20 for two drinks these days. £20 or £24 a ticket is well worth it for this excellent play 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

The whole first team and reserves are there today.

Good stuff, saw Zlamal post some stuff too. Good for the players to understand history of the club 

Took a trip down to Edinburgh yesterday to see the show and really enjoyed it. The story was told very well and the way they used the stadium for the different scenes was very clever especially the set that was built for scene in France.

A very talented group of actors and some great songs. 

Well done to all involved. 

13 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

lucky to get much change out of £20 for two drinks these days. £20 or £24 a ticket is well worth it for this excellent play 

I've booked for me and the wife this week Steve looking forward to it 

14 hours ago, micole said:

Well worth it .

Sold i wrongly assumed this would be cheaper but from all the feedback seems like its well worth it looking forward to it immensley