Boba Fett

Hi folks,

Some of you may have noticed there is a fringe show, A War of Two Halves, on at Tynecastle this August! I’ve co-written the play and will be acting in it too... to say we are buzzing to be performing at Tynecastle is an understatement! Here’s the synopsis:

The year is 1914. Edinburgh’s Heart of Midlothian Football Club have won 19 of 21 matches and stand on the brink of becoming Scottish league champions. In a remarkable show of comradeship and courage, 13 of their players volunteer to serve together in McCrae’s Battalion destined to fight in France.

This is their story; an evocative and dramatic journey through Tynecastle Park led by the players/soldiers in a unique site-specific performance. Follow The Hearts from the football fields of Gorgie to the battlefields of the Somme.

Tickets are available from:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/Events/Index

Tickets will also be available from the fringe website shortly. 

For more info on the show, follow this link:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6789

I hope some of you will come along! Also, feel free to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (more links below) 

If you have any questions or comments or anything, fire away! 

Cheers

Boba

https://www.awaroftwohalves.com

Twitter: @HeartsMcCrae

Facebook: A War of Two Halves 

Insta: thisismystoryproductions 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boba Fett

• I P Knightley

• davemclaren

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Boba Fett said:

Hi folks,

Some of you may have noticed there is a fringe show, A War of Two Halves, on at Tynecastle this August! I’ve co-written the play and will be acting in it too... to say we are buzzing to be performing at Tynecastle is an understatement! Here’s the synopsis:

The year is 1914. Edinburgh’s Heart of Midlothian Football Club have won 19 of 21 matches and stand on the brink of becoming Scottish league champions. In a remarkable show of comradeship and courage, 13 of their players volunteer to serve together in McCrae’s Battalion destined to fight in France.

This is their story; an evocative and dramatic journey through Tynecastle Park led by the players/soldiers in a unique site-specific performance. Follow The Hearts from the football fields of Gorgie to the battlefields of the Somme.

Tickets are available from:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/Events/Index

Tickets will also be available from the fringe website shortly. 

For more info on the show, follow this link:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6789

I hope some of you will come along! Also, feel free to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (more links below) 

If you have any questions or comments or anything, fire away! 

Cheers

Boba

https://www.awaroftwohalves.com

Twitter: @HeartsMcCrae

Facebook: A War of Two Halves 

Insta: thisismystoryproductions 

I hope you sell it out every show. I note

You have concessions 12-18 years as I suspect you feel the material may not be suitable for U12s. However my youngest son is 10. I really would like to take him as I have taken him to a few 12A films and he has understood them. Is there any chance he will be allowed to see this show? Thanks in advance.

50 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I hope you sell it out every show. I note

You have concessions 12-18 years as I suspect you feel the material may not be suitable for U12s. However my youngest son is 10. I really would like to take him as I have taken him to a few 12A films and he has understood them. Is there any chance he will be allowed to see this show? Thanks in advance.

Hi John,

That should be fine, we say 12 as a rough guideline... but 10 year olds will be ok. There’s no swearing or violence or anything really unsuitable for kids, it’s more just grasping the subject matter. We do want to tell the story to as many people as possible! I’m sure your youngest will be fine!

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Hi John,

That should be fine, we say 12 as a rough guideline... but 10 year olds will be ok. There’s no swearing or violence or anything really unsuitable for kids, it’s more just grasping the subject matter. We do want to tell the story to as many people as possible! I’m sure your youngest will be fine!

That's much appreciated. Thank you very much for your swift reply.

19 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That's much appreciated. Thank you very much for your swift reply.

No worries!

Hi folks,

It’s competition time!

If you go to the War of Two Halves Facebook page, there is a competition you can enter! The prizes are a new Hearts away top and a copy of Jack Alexander’s amazing book on McCrae’s battalion. 

Head over and check it out!

Cheers,

Boba 

Hi folks,

More shamless plugging!

Tickets are now available for our preview shows on 2nd August at 1pm and 3.30pm. Tickets are £17. It’s shaping up to be a cracking show, hope to see some of you there!

cheers

Boba

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I'm going to Thursday night. I'm really, really looking forward to it.

Is it in the Gorgie Suite?

GlynnSnodin4-2

Takes place all around the stadium - starts & ends in the Fan's Bar and travels to various points around the ground. 

Hartleys_Jam_Tart
11 hours ago, GlynnSnodin4-2 said:

Takes place all around the stadium - starts & ends in the Fan's Bar and travels to various points around the ground. 

Oh fantastic. I'm really looking forward to this!

Everyone should go along to Tynie to see this show. I went this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. Poignant yet funny. I laughed and I shed a tear or two. I’d actually go back and see it again. Plus it’s also like a mini tour of Tynie, what’s not to love? 

Got tickets for this for saturdays show at 6.

Its says to pick them up at the hearts ticket office. I assume I’ll have to head through early as the ticket office closes at 3 on a Saturday?! 

Edited by jambo89

Psychedelicropcircle

I’ve booked for 15.30 today I don’t see any print off option do I just bring my phone?

GlynnSnodin4-2
2 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I’ve booked for 15.30 today I don’t see any print off option do I just bring my phone?

Yes - bring your email confirmation please.

Shanks said no

Attended yesterday with my wife, both of us thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very poignant and very well done. Highly recommend it to any football fan here for the Fringe. 

Oxford City

I would say this is utterly unmissable for all Hearts fans - and, indeed for anyone with an interest in history or in Edinburgh.

Not an easy watch, being very emotional at times, but superbly done.

Hi folks,

thanks for all all the support so far, we are thoroughly enjoying performing this show! We get to go to Tynie everyday, living the dream! Below is a link to a 5 star review we received today, have a wee read and spread the word!

cheers,

Boba

http://www.alledinburghtheatre.com/a-war-of-two-halves-tynecastle-edfringe-2018/

Ctown Jambo

Just back from the 1 pm showing today - echo what everybody has said very emotional and a must for all Hearts fans - good job!!!!

4 minutes ago, Ctown Jambo said:

Just back from the 1 pm showing today - echo what everybody has said very emotional and a must for all Hearts fans - good job!!!!

So glad you enjoyed the play! Thanks for the support!!

Seen this on Saturday night. 

Not ashamed to admit that I was welling up in the memorial garden.

The actor who played Ernie Ellis was absolutely superb and the 5 star review is well and truly deserved! 

The bit in the changing room is spine tingling as was numerous other parts but don’t want to ruin any of it! 

Everyone football fan, hearts or not, should see this!

Getting a plan together to go and see this and I'm really looking forward to it.

I've seen nothing but wonderful reviews, and several not from Hearts fans either.

Thanks  for sharing the link! The writer is a top theatre critic and a die-hard Jambo. Doesn't give out many five star ratings.

5 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Hi folks,

thanks for all all the support so far, we are thoroughly enjoying performing this show! We get to go to Tynie everyday, living the dream! Below is a link to a 5 star review we received today, have a wee read and spread the word!

cheers,

Boba

http://www.alledinburghtheatre.com/a-war-of-two-halves-tynecastle-edfringe-2018/

Dj3clnTX0AEppWM.jpg

Dj3clyJW4AAbZwG.jpg

DjMlZCwXcAAHoYr.jpg

Went to the performance yesterday, very pleased to see such a good turn out on a Monday afternoon. Excellent show and telling of events, never once even thought of these people being actors, it was so well done and scripted.

gordiegords

Just bought tickets for this and made a rookie error, meant to buy for next monday night at 6pm, but instead bought for wednesday at 6pm, anyone know if this can be easily changed? the fringe box office woman wasnt very helpful. thanks.

3 hours ago, gordiegords said:

Just bought tickets for this and made a rookie error, meant to buy for next monday night at 6pm, but instead bought for wednesday at 6pm, anyone know if this can be easily changed? the fringe box office woman wasnt very helpful. thanks.

Hi there, 

sorry to hear you got the wrong dates for the show... strictly speaking, there is a no cancellation policy, however we are going to try and sort you out! Don’t want anyone to miss out! 

We will speak to hearts ticket office tomorrow for you (unfortunately they are away home now) and try to get it sorted for you. 

Will give you a message tomorrow if that’s ok?

cheers and thanks for the interest in our production! 

Boba 

If I am up during the festival I try to avoid the city centre but have made an exception for this even the other half is looking forward to seeing it and is stock piling tissues as she thinmks they be required.

Governor Tarkin
On 8/6/2018 at 16:40, redm said:

Getting a plan together to go and see this and I'm really looking forward to it.

Aye me too. Will try and get some of the chaps involved.

gordiegords
12 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Hi there, 

sorry to hear you got the wrong dates for the show... strictly speaking, there is a no cancellation policy, however we are going to try and sort you out! Don’t want anyone to miss out! 

We will speak to hearts ticket office tomorrow for you (unfortunately they are away home now) and try to get it sorted for you. 

Will give you a message tomorrow if that’s ok?

cheers and thanks for the interest in our production! 

Boba 

Hey there I have managed to sort this out with the Fringe box office. Thanks and I look forward to the show! Is it cool to use the email as a ticket? Or do I need to go and collect tickets from one of the Fringe sites? Thanks again! 

GlynnSnodin4-2

Hi, for Fringe tickets you will need to collect them from one of the various sites around town. See you at the show!

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

20180808_132133-1-1.jpg

Could do a job...

P.s. quit it with the spoilers, though! 

Edited by I P Knightley

Just back from the 1 o'clock show, absolutely brilliant I would urge anyone that hasn't been to go. I have been following The Hearts for over 55 years and have never been prouder than I was when I left the stadium today...fantastic!!.

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, micole said:

Just back from the 1 o'clock show, absolutely brilliant I would urge anyone that hasn't been to go. I have been following The Hearts for over 55 years and have never been prouder than I was when I left the stadium today...fantastic!!.

I echo that

The fact it's played out at Tynecastle rather than a small theatre venue just adds to the appeal of the whole show.

I listened to and followed everything and was impressed with the actors. They knew their stuff and a talented bunch. They do the story proud.

12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I echo that

The fact it's played out at Tynecastle rather than a small theatre venue just adds to the appeal of the whole show.

I listened to and followed everything and was impressed with the actors. They knew their stuff and a talented bunch. They do the story proud.

Agree ,the actors were brilliant and really brought the story to life great script as well, the wife was in floods of tears at the end ( and she is not  fitba fan at all).

Our story, though perhaps not amplified, was echoed by "pals battalions" throughout the country, in a totally unnecessary conflict, that achieved nothing. Saddest part of the story, but I'd have hated it had our forefathers (Hearts) had behaved in any other way.

Still goes on today, young lives sacrificed by inept politicians, Churchill was a total c u next tuesday, but did not want a war of attrition, with the loss of life that entailed.

Should not be forgotten the debt Edinburgh owes to Jack Alexander for his research and documenting of the Edinburgh, McRaes "sports" Battalion.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Seen it this afternoon. Outstanding and well done to all involved. A moving and appropriate tribute to the bravery of those young men. What better backdrop could you find than than our beautiful stadium as well, surely the fringes best venue 

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Got tickets for Saturday night. 

You will not be disappointed, I think the play would make a great movie/TV show if you will it is outstanding!!.

I P Knightley

I meant to come on on Friday and add my recommendation. Took two of my boys to it and it reallly resonated with them. The thread of football through the story hooked them in for it and they appreciated the folly of the sacrifice made, not just by the boys from Hearts but the whole bloody thing.

As was entirely predictable, I was in bits towards the end. I tried to congratulate the director but could only squeak due to the lump in my throat.

Had a nice chat later with some of the cast (including one who supports Celtic :)). They were saying that a lot of the Hearts staff have been to see the play and that Craig and Ann have been really supportive - for instance, insisting that the play uses the first team home dressing room and wanting to be sure that the playing squad all go along to see it. Apparently, Lockey's been to it 3 or 4 times already!