Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

He is taller than Naismith, therefor bigger ;)

:laugh: Good signing.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

That's a bit disrespectful to the player! Both different positions, different players

Naismiths obviously the one I would choose over Sean. However we need a strong creative winger, and this could be the guy. Sean Clare has shown enough in his short career to be sought after teams like Everton and Aston Villa

Don't think he's a winger...right sided midfielder, but I could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

'signed: a grown man'

Aye...certainly proving that Dazo!

:cornette:

Run along sweetheart you’ve embarrassed yourself enough for 1 day. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Run along sweetheart you’ve embarrassed yourself enough for 1 day. 

How about I don't?

I'll stick around and watch you proving how mature you are...crack on.

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Don't think he's a winger...right sided midfielder, but I could be wrong.

Suppose he could play both!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

That's a bit disrespectful to the player! Both different positions, different players

Naismiths obviously the one I would choose over Sean. However we need a strong creative winger, and this could be the guy. Sean Clare has shown enough in his short career to be sought after teams like Everton and Aston Villa

Sought after would be stretching it. Watched more likely. Be honest with yourself and not take the stance of an English World Cup fan. The reality is, if this boy was wanted badly, he would not be talking to us.

The fact he is talking to us however is positive, he is clearly someone who has been identified as someone with potential, which is kind, not disrespectful. Naismith should not be mentioned in the same breath as someone who does indeed have everything yet to prove, unless I have read his career facts to date, incorrectly?

Robbo-Jambo
32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A proven international with enormous experience in the English top tier versus a guy that's been out to Gillingham on loan as an achievement by 21.

Experience v Potential

I know which one I would be backing.

This. Naismith has done the lot.

This guy ( if he signs) might turn out to be a diamond but at this stage there is no comparison

Captain Canada

My Wednesday supporting mate (poor guy) really rates him and is surprised that he'd think about coming to us. He's skillful and pretty quick according to him. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

My Wednesday supporting mate (poor guy) really rates him and is surprised that he'd think about coming to us. He's skillful and pretty quick according to him. 

He sounds like an exciting player. Curious myself. Cant help thinking there is something lurking in this somewhere. What is putting a decent Championship side off him for example?

Famous 1874
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He sounds like an exciting player. Curious myself. Cant help thinking there is something lurking in this somewhere. What is putting a decent Championship side off him for example?

Development fee maybe, also think he has had a few injuries 

SuperstarSteve

Am still hoping a bigger signing than Naismith will arrive.

still got that feeling the ITK’s were meaning Mitchell, regardless, I’m very chuffed we look to have signed up another promising young lad. 

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sought after would be stretching it. Watched more likely. Be honest with yourself and not take the stance of an English World Cup fan. The reality is, if this boy was wanted badly, he would not be talking to us.

The fact he is talking to us however is positive, he is clearly someone who has been identified as someone with potential, which is kind, not disrespectful. Naismith should not be mentioned in the same breath as someone who does indeed have everything yet to prove, unless I have read his career facts to date, incorrectly?

I agree, but I think we belittle our club more than it should be. We are well known in England, and though Scottish football standard is lower, just because someone hasn't been snapped up by bigger teams and we are interested, doesn't mean they aren't that good. We are still viewed as a big club to players, and I think Levein does well to sell Hearts to players.

I cant remember who it was that compared him to Naismith but it was silly to do it!

Must be some guarantees in this regarding appearances, clause for selling him at a certain price etc. If all these other teams are supposedly in for him I'm not sure why he'd choose us other than to get a game every week and then sold back down south?

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Looking good folks. El Diez on the money for this one.

Bigger than Naismith?

Excellent stuff! Would be a real coup. Pat on the back for El Diez :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Looking good folks. El Diez on the money for this one.

Bigger than Naismith?

What Do you mean "looking good folks"?

10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What Do you mean "looking good folks"?

I mean looking good folks. 

If I say looking good folks I mean looking good folks?

The Comedian

Always wary when we are after a player who has supposed interest from other similar/bigger clubs.

It's almost invariably followed by a terrible signing in a long contract. Don Cowie and the Osh spring to mind.

Reading that Owls forum, a big lad with injury and attitude problems. Hopefully we've done our homework here. 

Hector Riva
32 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Beat me to it . My old boss said the same. He was shocked .

Wednesday offered him a good deal

57 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

How about I don't?

I'll stick around and watch you proving how mature you are...crack on.

I prefer your posts with capital letters! 

The Future's Maroon

Just had a wee read through the three threads on the Sheff Wed 'JKB' equivalent page one all titled "Sean Clare" (no mods to merge threads, slum of a forum).

Its hard to judge their real thoughts as some seem to know the guy has potential but they don't like his attitude and the way he is coming across acting the billy big baws, saying he won't sign a contract with them, waiting to see what other offers come in.

Dont like how he has been talking himself up for a move for the past year. There is also a few references to the tag line #seanflair - I'm maybe reading it wrong but the way they use it suggests the player himself came out with it at some point?!

Some have said they see talent in him, currently injured btw, and seen him as a very good RWB if he develops the talent he has. Also said something about he was late getting into the game and came via a Nike Academy.

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I mean looking good folks. 

If I say looking good folks I mean looking good folks?

Always the comedian.

4 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Always wary when we are after a player who has supposed interest from other similar/bigger clubs.

It's almost invariably followed by a terrible signing in a long contract. Don Cowie and the Osh spring to mind.

Reading that Owls forum, a big lad with injury and attitude problems. Hopefully we've done our homework here. 

:what: 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Always the comedian.

Why don't you fire off multiple tweets to him and his agent over a period of 2 or 3 days? That seems to be your style.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Why don't you fire off multiple tweets to him and his agent over a period of 2 or 3 days? That seems to be your style.

Thought I didn't talk to agents....?

Thought I didn't talk to agents....?

You don't. You pester them on twitter, the same as you do to any potential signing and also current players asking them to have a word with Levein.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

You don't. You pester them on twitter, the same as you do to any potential signing and also current players asking them to have a word with Levein.

Right little columbo ?

Right little columbo ?

You put your twitter conversation on here last night ffs. Didn't take much work after that.

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Right little columbo ?

OMG you don't really do this stuff do you?  I hope you are younger than 13...

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Good point. 

Who was that Argentine lad with long hair who ended up at TCFKAR? Didn't he start at Dundee?

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

Who was that Argentine lad with long hair who ended up at TCFKAR? Didn't he start at Dundee?

Claudio Caniggia

6 hours ago, Deviskan said:

It always amazes me...the number of people on online forums able to determine a persons emotional state (angry) from looking at text...or because they swear occasionally...or use capital letters (as we all know that must mean they're shouting doesn't it!).

I'll say this slowly again just for you...no chance IN MY OPINION!

And if he did sign, I'd be more than happy top hold my hands up...and would obviously be chuffed our team had pulled off quite a coup.

Quite why the above has got so many pantwetters crying into their 'El Diez is ITK' Duvet and Pillowcase sets...is anyone's guess.

When you started off (1st page) you said there was ABSOLUTELY no chance.  That seemed a bit strong for just an opinion

You then said

Killie couldn't afford SN's wages

followed by

SN is not motivated by money

Can you confirm they are not even opinions but just wild guesses

43 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

And Fabrizio Ravanelli! 

Nacho Novo too but he wasn't a household name like the other two!

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

This might jog some memories 

Excellent refereeing there - red card followed by a yellow!

Is that an SFA ref, by chance?

Just now, Strachsuit said:

Nah their cards have a bunch of £20 notes stuck to em :)

19 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

Nacho Novo too but he wasn't a household name like the other two!

Nemsadze was some player for them as was Juan Sara as was Speroni. 

Not sure why he's so unattainable. 

Barring the paper talk, which you can probably take with a pinch of salt, his career doesn't read like a player who's profile is beyond our means. It actually look like a signing with a fair degree of risk attached.  

35 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

He thought it was such bad a challenge, it deserved more than a red so he chucked in an extra yellow for good measure...true story!