Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

6 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

The game on saturday will have done wonders for Djoum’s match fitness. Clare will take a few games to get match sharp too. Hopefully they are both firing by the time we go to Ibrox.

Yeah I agree mate but if we had lost a goal I would of felt that we could of had someone doing more.

It’s testament to how well we defended that we just seemed to contain them.

So it’s all good!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
23 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Yeah I think it would be wrong to drop anyone whose started the season for Clare just yet, until he’s up to speed.

I felt Djoum was a bit poor until the game opened up later on and feel Bozanic was a little hard done by to not get on sooner. Was surprised when we took Lee off first but felt Djoum pushed on after that.

was it djoum who bottled out the 50-50 with main in the second half down the hearts left?

did ok otherwise

What a massive coup Clare will turn out to be.  He in my eyes will make us millions in a couple of years.  Fantastic from the club to get this through.  We have a lot of midfielders but you can’t turn down a talent of his.  It might even see Naismith playing further up top.

13 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

was it djoum who bottled out the 50-50 with main in the second half down the hearts left?

did ok otherwise

I think it was Mitchell.

I don’t think he was bad but I think there was a few of them who could have done more and Djoum just coming back from a long term injury was the obvious choice to come off.

As I say we won so no complaints from me. I was just surprised we held off making a sub until so late on. Although like the poster above mentioned it will have done Djoum the world of good.

Edited by Mr Rabbit

Clare will be given a few good hard days of training and if he comes through that we may see him next midweek perhaps as a substitute

I think there will be couple of changes for the cup tie.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 17/09/2018 at 16:28, iainmac said:

Who was also alleged to be a signing target for us on here. I presume half of the city of Sheffield would've spontaneously combusted if that had actually happened? ? ? 

They might have done.  I spoke separately to two Owls fans in our office today and both were very disappointed that he hadn't signed a contract with Wednesday.  They were a bit surprised that he'd gone to Hearts, as are most of the fans here, of both persuasions, although the Blades fans are obviously quite amused. (None more so than my son, who's both a Blade and a Jambo - so win-win for him ?).

Special Agent Dale Cooper
10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hes not credited with pace? Pretty mixh the exact opposite to everything ive read 

I'm sure an Owls' fan on here said he wasn't the quickest.

12 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I think it was Mitchell.

I don’t think he was bad but I think there was a few of them who could have done more and Djoum just coming back from a long term injury was the obvious choice to come off.

As I say we won so no complaints from me. I was just surprised we held off making a sub until so late on. Although like the poster above mentioned it will have done Djoum the world of good.

It was Mitchell!

11 hours ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

although not credited with pace from some but  looks decent in the aye a know you tube videos :)

Well the videos I have watched he is extremely fast 

This boy is special cant wait to see him play for hearts 

On 16/09/2018 at 13:19, 1971fozzy said:

Welcome to the famous . What a great Sunday. And what a statement

18C253D2-180B-4A60-8CC6-83E8DBE90B06.gif

Yep - it was the beach at Portobello that swung it for him !!

39 minutes ago, KnightyJambo said:

Only skimmed the thread but can't believe nobody else has commented on this, JKB really is going downhill....  :naughty:

"Sat right behind me...only just hitting me" :rofl:

55 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Well the videos I have watched he is extremely fast 

This boy is special cant wait to see him play for hearts 

Seems to glide quite smoothly with the ball at his feet.

Mind you, half his highlights reel seems to have been filmed in a public park, so I'm not sure how much of a gauge it really is.

We'll see for ourselves soon enough.

Sorry, I've not been following the thread very closely, but can we expect Clare to be able to come and slot into that right wing role for Morrison, or is he a more central attacking player? 

Thing is, I can see how we'd be keen to get a player like him in the squad, but I cant work out how to fit him in currently.

Here's my idea anyway:

(also can I say just how amazing it is to see so many numbers between 1-11. I didn't think this was a thing I particularly cared about, but it looks so good)

Hearts Starting 11.jpg

15 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Clare will be given a few good hard days of training and if he comes through that we may see him next midweek perhaps as a substitute

I think there will be couple of changes for the cup tie.

What changes do you anticipate?

Some decent insight from Craig Levein in his press conference today.

A combination of circumstances combined to enable us to bring him to Hearts.  He did mention that cross-border development fees being a fixed sum worked in our favour.  An English club would have to have gone to a tribunal and potentially pay  a vastly greater fee.

He also said it was a no-brainer to try and sign him for the fee involved (didn't give any indication of how much) and was grateful to Ann for sanctioning the deal as we had to exceed our budget to do so.

11 minutes ago, RobNox said:

A combination of circumstances combined to enable us to bring him to Hearts.  He did mention that cross-border development fees being a fixed sum worked in our favour.  An English club would have to have gone to a tribunal and potentially pay  a vastly greater fee.

He also said it was a no-brainer to try and sign him for the fee involved (didn't give any indication of how much) and was grateful to Ann for sanctioning the deal as we had to exceed our budget to do so.

I’ve never wanted FoH subs to go to player wages and agent fees etc. But I wouldn’t be against a small % being ringfenced to help us sign more prospects like Clare, Wighton and Souttar.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Our Facebook benefactor helping us along I see ;)

40 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Yep. Clever from Levein. This signing could have a major impact for us on the field over the next season or two but longer term he may also bring us a huge transfer fee which can enable us to continue to build a very strong team / squad and challenge over a longer period. 

Captain Bubblebeard
41 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Presumably at least part of the reason that we were able to exceed our budget is because we are currently vastly exceeding projected attendance. Well done fellow Jambos!

Just re-reading this thread and I'll just echo the comments that the English game is vastly overrated. Sure it's a bit better than Scotland but even some EPL games can be utterly dire to watch, and the Championship is loaded up with clubs that think they're temporarily embarrassed top tier clubs.

This is now several players that Levein has enticed from the Championship (including Berra and Naismith) which I think is an excellent bit of business. The cash may be bigger down there but I'm sure it must rankle a lot of players to be forever in the media shadow of the EPL, which is at least a little smaller in Scotland.

Regarding Clare, if the Youtube video is an indication (I know, I know) it's not just his pace that's exciting but his touch of the ball at pace. Seems he loves a shot at goal, sometimes not even at the best times, but that's no bad thing for an attacking mid.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I’ve never wanted FoH subs to go to player wages and agent fees etc. But I wouldn’t be against a small % being ringfenced to help us sign more prospects like Clare, Wighton and Souttar.

I agree, I'd be OK if some FOH funds were used to pay a one-off transfer fee to bring in a good prospect, as long as we weren't relying on FOH to meet ongoing wages.

On 19/09/2018 at 13:49, Jambo92 said:

From the clips and reports - he is very direct, dribbles with pace with head up.  The thought of him and Demetri on the wings is naughty!

Naughty? Its pure filth!

Vlad the impaler

It’s getting reported we paid just under 150k for him,would have cost English clubs north of £1m+......lookout for hibbys in your workplace mashing a calculator pad as we speak!?

Phil D. Corners

The more I read about Clare and the comments from Levein the more I think our Sheffield friends have a reason to be aghast at the move. 

Seems like it was a big coup to get him in. Great news for us. 

On 19/09/2018 at 11:14, Cut The Crap said:

Seems to glide quite smoothly with the ball at his feet.

Mind you, half his highlights reel seems to have been filmed in a public park, so I'm not sure how much of a gauge it really is.

We'll see for ourselves soon enough.

Harsh. Have you never seen Bend it Like Beckham?

7 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

It’s getting reported we paid just under 150k for him,would have cost English clubs north of £1m+......lookout for hibbys in your workplace mashing a calculator pad as we speak!?

Sheffield Wed must be spewing.

:clyay:

23 minutes ago, Barack said:

**** them. How many examples of English clubs, taking our talent in Scotland for a pittance...?

Precisely. I agree. **** em.

56 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I read £130K somewhere...which is even better!

1 hour ago, Barack said:

**** them. How many examples of English clubs, taking our talent in Scotland for a pittance...?

Exactly . Well done to all concerned for taking advantage of this cross border rule, like celtic did with dembele. 

And going by Clare's interview, word seems to be spreading about HMFC being the place to be for promising young players :verysmug:

11 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Bloody hell, Craig hasn't been this excited about a player since El Hassnaoui! 

Fair point actually. We all remember how that worked out.

:levein2:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aberdeen I reckon before we see him. Couple of weeks to fitness Ibrox would be a brave call for a debut. 

Time will tell. Hasn't played a lot of football for his age but not much of a gamble for 130k

Seymour M Hersh
18 hours ago, micole said:

Exceeding oor budget!!....we're doomed I tell ye doomed....??

400+ pages of seethe and hobonomics on sisterfister.net! Guaranteed! :rudi:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

I think we’ve done a deal with Clare promising him a very hefty chunk of any future transfer fee......it appears this lad and his agent have got their heads screwed on.